Suggestion to the next games

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

Suggestion to the next games

Postby CrazyR on Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:02 am

Hi guys, recently i bought a copy of Fifa 13, and EA sports game, a great game and i couldnt help but wonder why on earth, EA is capable of making a great soccer game,
but cant make a good nba game. Well ea annouced that NBA live 13 lack the standerts of a great basketball game such as its rival 2k.
After thinking it through i came with a soultion: EA CANT WIN 2KSPORTS NBA GAME, but EA can create a new genre of basketball games and earn much more supports AROUND THE GLOBE.
Well i have a qustion for you guys, would prefer playing a game that is the same for the past 4 years with good graphics, good engine, and good gameplay but its the same for 4 years and the only new things is the rookies each year or some old school teams, or would you prefer playing the world of baketball with the euroleage, fiba and top domsetic leagues such as the LIGA ACB(Spain),BEKO BBL(Germeny),Ligat HaAl (Israel) and all the great baksetball leauges in the world.
so this is my suggtion for the next EA basketball game:
1.Establish a new franchise called FIBA 14 that will include the major baksetball leauges including the nba,euroleauge,eurocup and top domestic leauges.
2.make a good manger mode in this mode you could trade players arond the globe train young rookies with potetntieal, belive me players will want to see Kobe and Lebron playing in the Barcelona uniform.
3.dont try to compete with 2K, they do it better , you havent realesed any baketball game since 2009 (and no jam is not a baketball game), insted create a new franchice that they cant compete in!

Well what do you think guys?
p.s
sorry for spelling mistakes english is not my native language.
CrazyR

Re: Suggestion to the next games

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:19 am

While it's an interesting idea, the cost of licensing all those leagues pretty much makes the idea unfeasible. Even if that weren't an issue, if the core gameplay experience and game modes aren't up to scratch, it doesn't really matter how many leagues they include.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby CrazyR on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:24 am

i didnt say the gameplay should be poor, it should be great like an ea sports game.
and if im not mistaken ea alredy has an agreement with fiba and the euroleauge (Jam has euro teams,live 10 had fiba teams).
also i think that if they will make it possible they will gain much more audience than what they have now and the investment will pay off.
CrazyR

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:17 pm

I'm not sure if they still have the FIBA licence as it's been three years since they released an NBA Live game, so the deal could have lapsed by now. They were able to include a few Euroleague teams in NBA Jam: On Fire Edition with two or three man rosters, but that's very different to including the entire league. From what I've been told when the subject has been brought up at previous NBA Live community events, those licences are very expensive on top of what they're already paying for the NBA, so it's unlikely to happen. Add some domestic leagues on top of that and you're talking about too much money to try and make back on sales. When it comes down to it, the NBA has the most worldwide popularity and notability. It's the brand that's going to sell.

The reason I bring up good gameplay and good game modes is because in a nutshell, EA have to demonstrate that they can deliver on those fronts before they can win back the audience. Starting over and changing direction at this point isn't going to put them in a better position than they are now. The licence and basic infrastructure of an NBA game is something they already have in place and it's what they're working on as we speak. Polish the game and re-establish a share of the market, perhaps include a few FIBA or Euroleague teams as bonuses or develop an expansion pack to gauge interest in an international basketball game, then go from there.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:24 am

CrazyR wrote:EA is capable of making a great soccer game, but cant make a good nba game.

Because football can be considered the most watched and well-known sport in the world and it's EA's sports videogame moneymaker internationally?
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Return to NBA Live 14