My PC Review

Talk about NBA 2K13 here.

My PC Review

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:13 pm

At long last and after much time with NBA 2K13, I've posted my detailed review of the PC version over on the main site:
http://www.nba-live.com/andrews-nba-2k13-pc-review/

For those who may still be deciding whether or not to get the game, hopefully this will give you an overview of what to expect and help in making up your mind.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: My PC Review

Postby DondiWhite on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:33 am

Thanks, a nice balanced review.

The replay bug BTW is pretty much from 2-3 quarter 1st and 4th are fine.

All in all what we didn't can be modded :)
DondiWhite

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:23 am

Thanks for checking it out, glad you enjoyed it. It's a bit lengthy, I know, but i wanted to be as detailed as possible and cover some things that sites like IGN tend to skim over.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby volsey on Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:06 am

Good review, much more in depth than most reviews for the game out there. I completely agree all the little annoyances kind of fade away in this game after awhile because the actual gameplay is so solid. Apart from the pace of the game (CPU fastbreak after a miss), I can't really complain about much gameplay wise.

Overall the review should be some help to those familiar with 2k12 for PC. Though I felt some of the minor improvements to gameplay could have been worth mentioning. Good job (Y) .
volsey

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:29 am

Thanks for checking it out. :)

Which minor improvements were you referring to? I'm sure I didn't include everything I absolutely could've, so I'm interested to know the ones in particular you had in mind.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby volsey on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:20 am

Oh nothing major, mostly just nitpicking really. But I kind of felt that you picked out some minor annoyances while left out the minor improvements such as passing, alley-ooping, pick & roll options, etc. Again really not necessary to add or anything just my $0.02.

Again great review, pay no attention to my blubbering.
volsey

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:26 pm

No not at all, I appreciate the constructive feedback. Now that you mention it, I completely forgot to mention the addition of manual bounce passes which was a big improvement to the passing game. However, in forgetting to touch on alley-oops, I did neglect to mention that I'm not a big fan of the alley-oop controls this year as I sometimes find myself accidentally passing or shooting, though I am getting a better grip on it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby likwidsneyk on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:23 am

Agree. Manual Bounce Pass is one of the best improvement in NBA2k13.
likwidsneyk

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:52 am

I really like the way it's implemented as well, left trigger+pass. Simple, but effective when used properly. I'd much prefer if alley-oops used a modifier+pass rather than pass+shoot.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K13