The Brooklyn Nets Thread (RESPECT)..

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The Brooklyn Nets Thread (RESPECT)..

Postby graybakflip on Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:35 pm

rise wrote:He should attempt to occasionally rebound and defend some and he just might crack my top 10 centers list.

Yep, he's still developing tho. Most of the times he's just out positioned or tapping it out to his teammates, but you can see the effort, unlike the previous seasons where he's just too lazy. I guess it's not a problem when you have hump, evans and crash going for the rebounds(I know it's a bad excuse, but I hope he develops more). I think we out-rebounded the opposing teams almost all of the games except last game? not sure. And he's definitely a top 10 center, but hey that's your own opinion.

His FT % is waaay off, might be caused by the added muscles but I expect that to go back to 80% as the season goes on. Yep, he's blocks per game is certainly better compared to the previous seasons but I'm not surprised about that. He average about 2 blks the 1st 2 seasons and like 8 rebounds a game. Tho he's not that athletic dwight-like or a defensive anchor like chandler, he always gives the opposing teams foul troubles and that consistent offensive game he has.
You laugh at me 'cos I'm different. I laugh at you 'cos youre all the same
graybakflip

Postby NovU on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:08 am

Even then his improvement on blk and % are quite noticeable. And avg of 2.5 is a surprise. Keeping it up throughout the entire season will be even bigger surprise. One should wonder if he can make such an improvement on his miserable rebounding as well.

graybakflip wrote:I think we out-rebounded the opposing teams almost all of the games except last game? not sure.

Nets are average rebounding team. Brook needs to step up. That's not to doubt.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:03 am

graybakflip wrote:His FT % is waaay off, might be caused by the added muscles

This is just too ridiculous an explanation.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:58 am

I'd agree that Lopez is a top ten centre in the league, but it bears mentioning that there isn't a lot of stiff competition at that position at present.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby rise on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:54 pm

Andrew wrote:I'd agree that Lopez is a top ten centre in the league, but it bears mentioning that there isn't a lot of stiff competition at that position at present.
Ah come on, I'd take Howard, healthy Bynum, Chandler, Noah, Horford, Marc Gasol, Monroe, healthy Varejao, healthy Bogut, Jefferson, Demarcus Cousins, and maybe Pekovic and last season's Roy Hibbert (who I think is just in a slump to start this season) over him in a heartbeat. You could include Garnett, Duncan, and Bosh as well, as they are playing C for their teams. That's 12-17 better players playing center better than Brook Lopez. Until his rebounding and defense skyrocket, he will be a mediocre starting center. 6 rebounds a game is Bargnani-like. There are players who are a foot shorter and nearly a hundred pounds lighter who are rebounding nearly as well as Lopez (Kyle Lowry comes to mind). While the rest of his game is improving, that holds him back from being a premier center.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby benji on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:09 pm

Last three seasons, at least 3000 minutes: http://bkref.com/tiny/SywPO
Last four seasons, at least 6000 minutes: http://bkref.com/tiny/ArQXN

At least he's not the worst for a career: http://bkref.com/tiny/U22z0
Andrew wrote:I'd agree that Lopez is a top ten centre in the league, but it bears mentioning that there isn't a lot of stiff competition at that position at present.

But there may be a lot of stiffs competing at the position.
benji

Postby graybakflip on Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:46 pm

I've posted this reference before on other thread.

bynum vs lopez
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=bynuman01&p2=lopezbr01

chandler vs lopez

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=chandty01&p2=lopezbr01

The only problems he's had was against dwight and bogut. Yes he's not that athletic freak but when your C can drop 20/6/2.5(current stats in 30 mins) a game and stil has the potential (24 y.o.) he's a legit center. If lopez is criticized for ave. 6 rebs a game, so how about marc gasol? he ave. like 15/7/1.4(current stats in 36 mins). I go hate him tho about his rebounds IF we are out-rebounded by the opposing teams.

I don't really like comparisons, but hey stats don't lie and we are entitled to have our opinion here.
graybakflip

Postby benji on Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:11 pm

Over the last three years Marc Gasol has grabbed 33% more rebounds than Lopez. And he's hardly a great rebounder either. (Neither is thankfully as bad as Cliff Robinson.)

I go hate him tho about his rebounds IF we are out-rebounded by the opposing teams.

The Nets are 27th in the league on the defensive boards right now. This is with two manic rebounders in the lineup.
benji

Postby NovU on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:22 pm

But this is a respect thread, Brook is a great rebounder.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby graybakflip on Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:12 pm

I know he's not that good rebounder for a 7ft C, people judge him that way just to shadow his offensive game. If people just watch the games this season(comparing to the previous seasons), surprisingly he's now being aggressive on both ends. Mostly he dominates the opposing centers and get them to early foul trouble. A complete offensive game not just dunks or overpowering his opponent. He has great footwork, nice touch around the rim. He's still 24 y.o. and have the potential to be better.

And for the record, lopez only played 5 games last season. With players like jordan farmar, trenton hassel, Yi, terrence williams, travis outLOL, stephen graham, lebron gaines, johan petro etc in previous seasons. I mean he wasn't playing aggressive before as he was not fully healthy and don't want to get foul trouble early since nobody on the team can produce points for them(12-70 season). Yep they rank 27th in def rebs but rank 9th in off rebs, overall like 20/21th but the Boston Celtics(last? not sure tho) is bad in rebounds too.

I know he's not dwight howard but I know he's better what the Orlando Magic got from the dwight trade. :wink:
graybakflip

Postby NovU on Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:19 pm

He's turning out to be great and I don't think anybody's doubting that. Just that there's room to improve in rebounding as lil more is desirable, that's about it. Not an unfair criticism. And it's a good thing in some regard. He's got an obvious reboudning issue in his game and yet he's already a star player at age of 24.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:13 pm

rise wrote:Ah come on, I'd take Howard, healthy Bynum, Chandler, Noah, Horford, Marc Gasol, Monroe, healthy Varejao, healthy Bogut, Jefferson, Demarcus Cousins, and maybe Pekovic and last season's Roy Hibbert (who I think is just in a slump to start this season) over him in a heartbeat. You could include Garnett, Duncan, and Bosh as well, as they are playing C for their teams. That's 12-17 better players playing center better than Brook Lopez.

To be honest, I'd overlooked a couple of those players since they're out with injury at the moment or not at their best; the field is a bit deeper than I remembered off the top of my head. With that in mind, he's probably still top 15, perhaps sneaking into the top ten as far as his performance so far this season is concerned (and not counting power forwards who are playing centre).
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:05 am

graybakflip wrote:If people just watch the games

NETS HATERS JUST GOT PWNED1!!11!
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby graybakflip on Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:34 pm

Brooklyn Nets vs New York Knicks
96-89

Give credit to where it's due:

14 pts 4/5 from deep(cluth 3's), and he blocked that melo lay-up in OT(wasn't in the box score but it's pretty obvious that he had his fingers there). Single handedly outs-scored knicks bench (Y) STACKATTACK
Never appreciated him before and during the signing. I were like,"ok he's just gonna be a great locker room presence and bring veteran leadership". Even some fans says that it's just a waste of roster spot, now we all eat crows back there in the forum. I guess it helped him seeing Sheed, Thomas, and Camby felt like it's good 'ol days, jk lol :lol:

Wow just wow, it was like a playoff atmosphere there even like when your watching in on TV. There were some knicks fans(as expected) but not that too many like the home games in Jersey. Love to hear the chants by the fans. When those knicks fans start their chant, brooklynites just responds a much louder stronger chant, I mean this is home now for them glad to hear that. Tho our "best back-court" duo is still strugling on the offensive end, we came up with the win and I credit that to our defense. Chandler had a career night(off from put-backs and PnR's) we held them to 89 pt's on a OT game!. They shot like 38% as a team, and if you remove chandlers stats, they shot a dismal 21-72(29%). Crash and Bogans did their part in manning up Melo(still 33pt's), had the game high in pts but eventually came up short due to fatigue?(played 50 mins)not sure. DWill again still struggled making his shots, but came in more of the passing PG(he's best when he controls the tempo) still made an impact. Lopez tho had an off night(yep he struggled) still manage to have a decent 22/11(7 off rebs)/5blks, again he was really active on both ends, still had some sloppy plays but definitely a good game for a center playing against the DPOY last season. And I do agree that Evans is the "Dennis Rodman" of this team(per shaq), 14 rebs in 17 mins? :shock:

Great Win!, made it tied 1st in the division, 2nd eastern conference and 5th best record in the league(it gets more exciting when JJ and DWill makes more of their shots and getting back in mid season form). BROOOK-LYYN, BROOOK-LYN, BROOOK-LYYN :cool:
graybakflip

Postby graybakflip on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:15 pm

Brooklyn Nets @ Boston Celtics

95 - 83 Brooklyn win

Again the defense of this team is fantastic!. Held the veteran boston celtics to a 83 point total? and that brawl late in the 2nd Q, oh they mad now, :lol: . Some said we won 'coz rondo wasn't there? guess what's the score before the brawl? a 21 pt lead(biggest lead), on the road against a eastern contending team?, hmmm. Brook Lopez had foul troubles(first time in a loooong time, word: aggressive), so not that much action from him, but guess what? 9pts/10 rebs in 17 mins, now people might say he can't score eh? still learning tho. Andray Blatche and Reggie Evans killing them on the boards(again out-rebounded them) and hustle plays. So happy w/ our bench guys, Jerry "The Wire" Stackhouse was money on the corners(17pts 5/6 3pt FG), and he's playing good defense also w/ Bogans!, even our bench out-scored our starters, :lol: . Well I guess 2 rivalries in just 3 nights? haha glad league knows now were not that "oh nets? they wont be in playoffs, a lottery team just like bobcats" :lol: . And you know it's a funny day when on the other game(MIL vs NYK), you hear that chant "Brooklyn's Better!"(as chandler was going on the FT line), oh made my day lol. Can't wait for a rematch in Brooklyn on xmas day. And hey, one of our aim was stop rondo's streak(stat padder? too many wide open layups where he decides to pass to Collins?), haha better than I thought. GO BROOKLYN NETS!!! :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

Before I love KG, but this made me puke:
Look at his feet, total punk move.

I guess ronda needs to trim her nails then, as it was a scratching fight not actually a brawl:
http://pics.lockerz.com/s/265000792
graybakflip

Postby NovU on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:44 pm

Hahaha. I love KG. Good job, a job well done.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:09 am

Only a bitch would be proud of sissy scratch wounds as to share a picture of it. What's next he's gonna be proud of a scrapped knee because he's a big boy now?
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby graybakflip on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:22 am

Uhoh..

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--rajon-rondo-s-misplaced--loyalty--in-scuffle-with-kris-humphries-hurts-celtics-165109932.html

The consensus of NBA executives on Thursday morning was a two- or three-game suspension for Rondo. "I think the internal argument will be to make it three, because it spilled into the stands," one longtime GM said Thursday morning.

I feel bad for the Boston Celtics team :(
graybakflip

Postby graybakflip on Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:16 am

Brooklyn Nets @ Miami Heat, battle for the top team of the east. Nets would be w/o Brook Lopez(mild sprained foot), Blatche starts at the C. Last time they've met was a 30 pt blowout, was their 3rd game of the season and w/o crash. The next 2 games would be a great test for them(Miami, OKC). A 11-4 record after November is not that bad I guess, GO BROOKLYYN NETS! (Y) (Y)
graybakflip

Postby NovU on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:53 am

This is a statement game for the Heat. BKN will learn it the hard way that they're a distant second, third, or even fourth. But since this is a respect thread, I am calling the Heat by 10.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby NovU on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:11 pm

Finally Marshon Brooks got some minutes. :shake: Marshon > 40 yr old Stack
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:29 pm

NovU wrote:This is a statement game for the Heat. BKN will learn it the hard way that they're a distant second, third, or even fourth. But since this is a respect thread, I am calling the Heat by 10.

Should be noted, you came pretty close there. That was a 13 point victory for the Heat, IIRC.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:16 pm

Deron Williams complaining about Avery Johnson running too much 1 on 1 plays now. Remember him getting rid of Jerry Sloan for lack of 1 on 1 plays in his book. A coach killer.

This team is a mess. And I love their payroll. This should be a fun team to watch for years to come.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby NovU on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:35 am

The Brooklyn Nets have fired Avery Johnson, league sources tell Yahoo! Sports.Johnson didn't last through the All-Star break. With Deron Williams questioning Johnson's system, the Nets reeling and Gerald Wallace calling out his teammates after Wednesday's loss, the writing was on the wall for the team to make a decision. P.J. Carlesimo will take over the team on an interim basis. Dec 27 - 12:59 PM

This probably is worth its own thread but since it's only the Nets...

Deron is 2-0 against his coaches. No wonder he and Dwight wanted to team up together.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby AjsKjub on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:10 pm

Carlesimo turned out to be a good asset for BN. Waited for some minutes to be given to Teletovic for a while now because i knew what he could do, also Blatche did good last couple of games imo. Good team performance overall and deserving win against Kings.
AjsKjub

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball