Official Patch v1.02 Out (360/PS3); Impressions Here

Talk about NBA 2K13 here.

Official Patch v1.02 Out (360/PS3); Impressions Here

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:49 am

The official patch for NBA 2K13 (v1.02) is out now for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of the game. Feel free to post your impressions, a list of the changes is as follows:

GAMEPLAY

• Improved AI rebounding logic to balance out offensive rebound frequency.
  • Tuned AI transition defense; users will now have more fast break opportunities against the CPU. Additionally, CPU teammates are now more able to guard their opponents on the break.
  • Long range passes are now less accurate and will result in more fumbled and missed catches.
  • Passing successfully out of a double team has been tuned to be slightly more difficult.
  • Tuned the logic behind Charging calls so that they are properly called. Charges will now sometimes be called when the defender is in position and stationary, even if he is not in the “Take Charge” animation.
  • Tuned timing on block animations, and made the AI more vigilant about blocking layups and dunks.
  • Improved reach-in foul detection when defender continually swipes at the ball, results in more called fouls where appropriate.
  • AI now only calls for a full court press in appropriate situations (i.e. late in the game).
  • Addressed two dunk animations that were not counting for a score when they were converted.
  • Fixed an issue where Replay would show the incorrect play, rather than what actually happened on the court.
  • AI positioning when running plays has been tuned so that big men with limited shooting range will not move further away from the basket than what their range allows.
  • AI teammates will now remain in the Post Up position longer when a Quick Post play is called for them.
  • Tuned alley-oop and putback dunks such that only players who have a high tendency to perform either move are able to finish with one.
  • Removed the restrictions for the ‘Microwave’ Signature Skill such that it now works regardless of whether you are already on a hot or cold streak.
  • When a block is recorded for a player with the ‘Eraser’ Signature Skill, only the shooting attributes of the blocked player are lowered.
  • Fixed a rare issue where a traveling violation would be called on a pass fake.
  • Referee Review on last shot will no longer play if the shot has no effect on the outcome of the game.
  • A number of other smaller changes have been made to address issues and enhance the user experience.
  • Tuned three-point percentage.

GENERAL

• NIKEiD shoes will now appear properly in-game after being equipped to a player.
  • Addressed an issue where the game score would disappear in Blacktop games when Signature Highlights were viewed in the pause menu.
  • Fixed an issue where Free Throw Feedback would no longer appear in games after playing an Online MyTEAM game.
  • Addressed an issue in Online MyTEAM games where the away team player would have the Signature Skills of the home team player if identical players were used in the game by both players.
  • Music will no longer be disabled and Game Settings will no longer revert back to Default when completing an online game in MyTEAM.
  • Changed the difficulty settings for all of the seeds in MyTEAM.
  • (360) Addressed a Kinect issue where a misleading overlay would appear when a timeout was called through a voice command when no timeouts were remaining.

MyCAREER

• Added additional warning re: conversion of an online MyCAREER (one that earns VC) to an offline MyCAREER (one that earns Skill Points).
  • Fixed an issue where the remainder of the user’s schedule would appear empty after participating in the various All-Star Weekend events. This change also carries over to Association/Season modes.
  • ‘Run Plays’ and ‘PlayVision’ should now function properly (when activated), regardless of your MyPLAYER’s position.
  • Fixed an issue where all games in October would be simulated when ‘Play Next Game’ is selected after the start of a new season.
  • Users playing MyCAREERs that accrue Skill Points will no longer find themselves with negative skill points after played games (where a number of unlikely conditions were all met).
  • Addressed a rare hang that would occur if the “Defend Your Home Court” billboard commercial would play between quarters of the Rising Stars Challenge or All-Star game.
  • Addressed a number of issues with the Social Media feature, including one where the news feed would stop updating completely.
  • When changing teams via free agency in the offseason, your MyPLAYER will now receive the proper role (starter, sixth man, etc.) that was promised during the contract negotiation.
  • You will no longer fail the Dynamic Goal “Give your team the lead before the game ends” when subbed out before the end of the game.
  • The Teammate Chemistry rating on the “Play Next Game” loading screen should now display the correct value (as seen in the Social Media menu).
  • The volume of the menu music and sound effects will no longer become extremely quiet after playing consecutive games in MyCAREER.

ASSOCIATION

• 3PT Tendency progression logic has been rewritten to correctly model the growth variances within each player type in the game. This change also carries over to MyCAREER mode.
  • Users will no longer lose their Scouting Reports after viewing the Recent Games tab of a player card.
  • Birth years can now be set to later than 1993 when editing Draft Classes after the first season of Association.
  • Addressed a rare hang that would occur when attempting to participate in the Dunk Contest with a created player assigned to a created team.
  • (Association: Online) Offense and Defense options should now save properly when using the Total Sim Control feature.
  • (Association: Online) Admins will now have access to appropriate Commissioner Tools during the offseason.

NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves (MyCAREER, Association, etc.).

NO WORD AS YET ON THE PC PATCH
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Official Patch v1.02 Out (360/PS3); Impressions Here

Postby Leftos on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:59 am

I like the gameplay fixes, and I appreciate them having reworked the 3PT Tendency growth, as we discussed in today's podcast.

Also very happy to see replays fixed, can't wait for this to reach PC.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:21 am

Agreed, it's a solid laundry list of tweaks and fixes.

Ronnie has speculated that the PC will be receiving a combined update similar to last year, so I guess it depends on when they're done releasing patches for the consoles.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mrmoves20 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:00 am

Has the issue on MyCareer substitution logic been fixed? Was it fixed in the first patch (if there's any) because I can't seem to find it here.
The Best Young Team Since OKC - The BROW and the Stingy HORNETS!!!
mrmoves20

Postby imaiden on Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:34 pm

Good fixes, especially glad with the offensive rebound one, although they have some of them every year, like tuning down the accuracy of long passes... Here's a suggestion, lower them to begin with? Same goes for 3pt.

Hopefully that higher block awareness will make the paint easier to defend.
imaiden

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:51 pm

mrmoves20 wrote:Has the issue on MyCareer substitution logic been fixed? Was it fixed in the first patch (if there's any) because I can't seem to find it here.

This is the first big patch that's been pushed through, so I'd say not.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Oom_Sapi on Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:53 am

Will the fixes in My Career works to the old savegames?
Oom_Sapi

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:22 am

Andrew wrote:NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves (MyCAREER, Association, etc.).
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby volsey on Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:15 am

Very solid patch. Specifically the tweaks to transition defense for CPU (both sides) is exactly what I was hoping for. I was going to say this patch came out fast, but I guess this is about the time consoles always get their patch.

Jan/Feb release date for PC seem reasonable? Considering consoles got them in 2 months, porting them over to PC in 2 months seems more that reasonable.
volsey

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:26 am

It depends how many more updates are planned for the consoles, as it seems likely that the PC version will be getting a combined update again this year. If this is it for the consoles, then January/February might be realistic. However, it wouldn't be a complete shock if it's March again.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kyrius on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:22 pm

With this update do you still have to load the rosters everytime you start 2K13 up?
GONYGONYGO!
Kyrius

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:33 pm

Presumably. The release notes don't mention any changes in that regard.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kyrius on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:37 pm

Damn :|
GONYGONYGO!
Kyrius

Postby Nick on Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:39 pm

ASSOCIATION

- 3PT Tendency progression logic has been rewritten to correctly model the growth variances within each player type in the game. This change also carries over to MyCAREER mode.
- Birth years can now be set to later than 1993 when editing Draft Classes after the first season of Association.

YES! (Y)

GAMEPLAY

Passing successfully out of a double team has been tuned to be slightly more difficult.

Great, all the more reason for online users to cheese with constant double-teams.

All the other gameplay changes seem good though.

Fixed an issue where Replay would show the incorrect play, rather than what actually happened on the court.

Thank christ. Now lets hope the same changes get made for PC.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby homicide1550 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:10 pm

Is there still no news on the PC patch? :?
Visit my Facebook page: Kicksfix: homicide1550

Click image to view the thread!

KicksFix 2K12 2K13
(Live08) RISE UP! A Cleveland Cavaliers Dynasty

Ranked 7th, Top 10 Dynasty Hall of Fame

homicide1550
Quality Over Quantity

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:28 pm

Nope. If there were news, we'd be sure to post it. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby TorukMakto on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:41 pm

bet the patch will arrive in march again, same as last year.. cheers! :lol:
TorukMakto

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:37 am

At this point, that's looking like a safe bet. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby MJALLDAY on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:21 pm

Any news? Anyone talking to Ronnie 2k?
MJALLDAY

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:12 pm

If there was news, it would be posted. Ronnie continues to ignore any queries about it, LD2k did say he was looking into it for us but when I followed up with him he just said that nothing was announced.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby MJALLDAY on Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:56 am

Andrew wrote:If there was news, it would be posted. Ronnie continues to ignore any queries about it, LD2k did say he was looking into it for us but when I followed up with him he just said that nothing was announced.
Thanks for the info Andrew. I hope we don't get hosed.
MJALLDAY

Postby bowdown on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:08 am

Looks like Ronnie took our money and scooted the fuck out before we found out about getting shat on.
bowdown

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:49 pm

I wouldn't put it like that, he's not to blame and he's not the one making the call, but the lack of communication and responses to queries is unfortunate.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:59 pm

PS3

Really pissed about 2K's last update now that no more VC farming is possible with coach mode. Exhibition games don't give you no more VC at all. Only option now is to pay? Well... if the game was something like $30 to begin with, I wouldn't be complaining as much but...
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:06 pm

I'd still say us PC gamers have it worse here. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Next

Return to NBA 2K13