Lakers Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Lakers Thread

Postby Jackal on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:37 am

I don't think Michael cried that much nor LeBrick.

Jackal

Postby Jackal on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:01 am

Gasol, 32, is averaging 13.4 points and shooting only 43.4% this season, easily career lows for the four-time All-Star if he doesn't improve them. The Lakers aren't actively looking to trade Gasol right now, The Times has learned, because they want to see what happens when Nash returns from a small fracture in his leg.

They are going to end up dealing him...and be reminded of the skill set he possesses. Says something about the coaches that they can't find a way to better use him than what they are doing now.

Everyone says Phil Jackson couldn't win titles without stars...but these dorks aren't going to get it done with stars either.

"I don't think anybody has had big guys like that," D'Antoni said, when asked whether his system can adapt to players with skill sets such as Gasol and Howard. "I still think the system we run will be more beneficial to them whether they're back to the basket or not. We'll get them to that position, but I don't think like a traditional 'I'll run down, post up and then beat each other half to death and then make a decision.' We're going to move the ball, pick-and-roll and the ball is going to find energy."

Let's not use what our big guys are skilled at (back to the basket), let's use them as sprinters to the spot & let's expect to win. Worked amazing in Phoenix.

What a fuckin' moron.. :?
Jackal

Postby Jeffx on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:57 am

Jackal, that's why Knick fans did handstands when Pringles left town.
Jeffx

Postby NovU on Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:03 pm

Shit-pectacular game! Anyone watching this? 4 missed freethrows and yet Kobe ties the game!

I love this game.

EDIT: Ouch. Heroic shot by George Hill... Was almost sure the Lakers were taking this with all the momentums and fouled-out Hibbert. 1 bad possession and that was it.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby dare on Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:16 pm

NovU wrote:Shit-pectacular game! Anyone watching this? 4 missed freethrows and yet Kobe ties the game!

I love this game.

EDIT: Ouch. Heroic shot by George Hill... Was almost sure the Lakers were taking this with all the momentums and fouled-out Hibbert. 1 bad possession and that was it.

Actually the entire game was bad, Kobe did carry the team in scoring but have 10 turnovers. I want to defend Pau but he is doing nothing out there.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Jackal on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:02 am

Is it surprising? Their coach wants the game to be guard dominated. I mean seriously, if your coach says he wants more from Artest and expects Gasol to camp on the perimeter and shoot long two's then you know the guy is a moron. And people saying he just can't be in the paint, that's bs...Gasol can be an excellent playmaker in the post & make Howard get a LOT more easy dunks than what he's been getting so far.

Watch Gasol play now and you see him running to "a spot", usually the high post. Why? That's the offense he's being taught. Floor is open and instead of running to the post where he's effective he runs to his designated spot to watch the guards weave their way through the paint because that's what the coach wants. More "spacing".

Why couldn't New York keep this morons ass, he's not taking this franchise anywhere. What a waste of two talented big men.
Jackal

Postby dare on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:15 am

He is also banking on Steve Nash return to turn this team around, To me his basically saying let Nash coach this team while he is the one wearing the suit.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Jackal on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:24 am

Which is a scary thought on it's own, Nash is probably out for some time & who knows how his body holds up for the rest of the season. Sigh..
Jackal

Postby moe szyslak on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:34 am

I've read a rumor involving 4 teams, trading gasol to min and recieving ariza, jerebko and jj barea
moe szyslak

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:05 am

Phoenix did well with Stoudemire, and Gasol is better skilled than Amare some would say, so I don't see why Gasol can't be integrated into the offense. Even in the high post he can be a pick and pop guy with some high-low to Howard and when be doesn't have a shot, it can turn into a ballscreen for Kobe/Nash, etc, similar to what they did with the triangle since Gasol its a good passer. They can also alternate with Howard being the high post man since he can knock down mid range jumpers at times, as well. That would give them versatility.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby JBoom_LALALAND on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:31 am

If only they hired Phil, triangle could have worked perfectly with two elite big men. I hate the game yesterday, KOBE did all the scoring and took all the shots, ended up 12-28 and 10 TOs, Gasol 2-9 and MWP 1-8. It's like BROWN Lakers all-over again. :(

Losing 8 of their first 15 games is not what i expected, even 9-6 was considerable for a team trying to gel with each other.
KOBE: CHASING PERFECTION
JBoom_LALALAND
TheJBoom

Postby Jackal on Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:54 am

They want to have showtime-esque offense, a fast paced one...but you do that when you have the personnel for it, not just because you want it. These old bastards can't keep that up all season long..

They didn't even reach out to Brian Shaw. Heck you wanna go for a "proven" coach? Jeff van Gundy? The Lakers won't be winning the championship this year, not with this personnel and/or coach.
Jackal

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:41 am

Shaw's under contract with the Pacers who weren't keen on letting him go, but as you noted there were other options.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jackal on Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:50 am

I know he's with the Pacers as co-head coach, but I'm inclined to think they'd at least let him interview for a head coaching gig. Fact they didn't even send out a feeler...sigh.
Jackal

Postby LROBA on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:13 pm

moe szyslak wrote:I've read a rumor involving 4 teams, trading gasol to min and recieving ariza, jerebko and jj barea

anyone who agree about this trade? raise your fucking balls.. i dont want pau going out of lakers. i wont raise my balls for this
LROBA

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:04 pm

No one wants your balls, period
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Stress Fracture on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:18 pm

Who the fuck would want your balls?
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby LROBA on Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:11 pm

:cheeky: i have a Wilson signature series basketball here u dont want that?
phpBB [video]
i have lots of balls..
LROBA

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:59 pm

Jackal wrote:I know he's with the Pacers as co-head coach, but I'm inclined to think they'd at least let him interview for a head coaching gig. Fact they didn't even send out a feeler...sigh.

I read they weren't keen on letting him walk, to the point it basically ruled him out of the Lakers job. I'm guessing there's some kind of no-compete clause in place if he was to outright quit.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:12 am

So can we start discussing who is going to be the next coach of the Lakers?
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:25 pm

I'd say D'Antoni will last a while. As profitable as the Lakers are, I'm guessing they're not going to want to pay out the contracts of two fired coaches on top of the luxury tax. And even if they do, I doubt they replace D'Antoni until next offseason at the earliest.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:38 pm

D'Antoni also fits nicely with a lineup of Dwight Howard-Josh Smith-Ron Artest-Kobe Bryant-Steve Nash.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby JBoom_LALALAND on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:04 am

Please don't , we will just regret trading Gasol. And Smith can't make jump shots consistently too. Pau needs to rediscover his game only. Im optimistic about it.
KOBE: CHASING PERFECTION
JBoom_LALALAND
TheJBoom

Postby air gordon on Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:52 am

if George HIll doesn't make that game winner, is there this outcry?

Should Gasol be the "playmaker" in the post with this mix of players on the team? Gasol is better suited to play center at this stage of his career. And the knee tendonitis thing only makes him a worse play @PF. Start Jamison!
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby graybakflip on Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:21 am

I've said this before, if jamison can continue hitting those outside shots, I think he's better fit next to dwight. Let dwight dominate the paint and pass to open team mates outside. Pau can do the damage off the bench w/ the bench ala odom.
You laugh at me 'cos I'm different. I laugh at you 'cos youre all the same
graybakflip

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball