Fict.DraftClasses : New tutorial !

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K13 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Fict.DraftClasses : Year Three, 2 more previews +CF ID F

Postby mnlorenz0 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:18 pm

bkbrown2 wrote:How about an Larry Bird type player? Like, a 6'8" all around white country boy forward. Headshape could be Ersan Ilyasova or something similar. College could be one of the Big 10 schools. Illinois or Indiana or something like that.

Yeah, I second this. A Larry Bird type of player is what we all need. Me likey...hehe :)
mnlorenz0

Postby pierralban on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:29 pm

FINAL PREVIEW
pierralban

Postby joneboy2000 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:45 pm

pierralban wrote:FINAL PREVIEW

Any date on the release? Looking great as always (Y)
joneboy2000

Postby pierralban on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:15 pm

joneboy2000 wrote:
pierralban wrote:FINAL PREVIEW

Any date on the release? Looking great as always (Y)

Probably beginning of next week. Still need to do all the CAP players.
pierralban

Re: Fict.DraftClasses : Year Three, FINAL PREVIEW

Postby Dual on Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:13 am

(Y) waiting for the release!!
Dual

Postby Bobis on Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:31 am

First of all, love the draft classes goes very well with my Orlando Assosiation. But it would be nice if you could change Vladmir Tavcar's name to something really Lithuanian, because that's Russian I believe. There's a limited amount of Lithuanian names that go with commentary the first names that work are Donatas, Linas, Zydrunas, Sarunas, Martynas, Darius, Jonas and maybe Tomas, Arvydas I haven't tested these two. And the Lithuanian surnames that go with commentary are Kleiza, Ilgauskas, Jasikevicius, Andriuskevicius, Valanciunas, Songaila, Motiejunas, Marciulionis and there is also a Greek name that kind of sounds Lithuanian in my opinion which is Balidis.
Bobis

Re: Fict.DraftClasses : Year Two RLSD+ Year Three PRVW+ Tuto

Postby RapboY on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:55 am

pierralban wrote:
RapboY wrote:great work man, for the latest preview, i think ernest sounds too american for akwuegbu, maybe something like emeka (or something else) would be better.

I want him to be an american whose father is from nigeria. Doesn't work ?

Oh you have the back story already, awesome! Of course it works man, great job on everything! :mrgreen:
RapboY

Postby comeback on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:30 am

Wow Year Three looks great. Thanks again for keep producing high quality DCs. I'm about to finish the first year of my association year soon. I started with Bobcats and hired 3 A-class scouts @ 1M dollars each. Although I was losing most of the games, it's been a lot of fun scouting players in your DC through out the year. I can't wait till this season wrap up and find out which pick I'm going to get... Off season task is going to be a lot of fun!
comeback

Re: Fict.DraftClasses : Year Three RELEASE !

Postby pierralban on Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:51 am

DOWNLOAD Year One & Year Two 1.1

DOWNLOAD Year Three 1.0

Here is the release of Year Three and the 1.1 versions of Year One and Two. Hope you guys will like it.

Feedbacks appreciated :)

Already working on Year Four, featuring Iceflow247 cyberfaces....

IN PROGRESS
Last edited by pierralban on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
pierralban

Re: Fict.DraftClasses : Year Three RELEASE !

Postby flywithme on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:49 am

Love the updates!
Thank you so much! (Y)
flywithme

Re: Fict.DraftClasses : Year Three RLSD + Year Four PRV (6)

Postby Vespasian92 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:43 pm

Great work on the draft classes btw. They make associations much more enjoyable.

If you're doing more classes and taking suggestions, how about a swedish combo-forward? Maybe like your typical europeans, he can face up and shoot, but has the height to play the 4 inside a little bit. Not great at either, just passable at both. I don't see someone like that going top 10 or lottery, so maybe a mid-first rating. Has decent enough potential (mid 70s) though, and could develop in a serviceable player.

After a quick look through some 2k generated draft classes; Norberg, Fredriksson, and Andersson are Swedish names they recognize, or there's plently of other european names that could pass for swedish.
Vespasian92

Postby Ridefors on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:40 pm

Vespasian92 wrote:Great work on the draft classes btw. They make associations much more enjoyable.

If you're doing more classes and taking suggestions, how about a swedish combo-forward? Maybe like your typical europeans, he can face up and shoot, but has the height to play the 4 inside a little bit. Not great at either, just passable at both. I don't see someone like that going top 10 or lottery, so maybe a mid-first rating. Has decent enough potential (mid 70s) though, and could develop in a serviceable player.

After a quick look through some 2k generated draft classes; Norberg, Fredriksson, and Andersson are Swedish names they recognize, or there's plently of other european names that could pass for swedish.
I am swedish so if you want name suggestions, you should talk to me.
Ridefors

Postby Sean88888 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:14 pm

Great work as usual pierralban (Y)

If you're taking suggestion, how bout breaking some stereotypes? An Asian 6'7" defensive PG who is only good at scoring from post up, has OK passing, post playmaker trait. Slow for a point guard. He can be from some random countries like Macau or something.
Last edited by Sean88888 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sean88888

Postby pierralban on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:22 pm

bkbrown2 wrote:How about an Larry Bird type player? Like, a 6'8" all around white country boy forward. Headshape could be Ersan Ilyasova or something similar. College could be one of the Big 10 schools. Illinois or Indiana or something like that.

mnlorenz0 wrote:

Yeah, I second this. A Larry Bird type of player is what we all need. Me likey...hehe :)

Will be part of NBA Draft Year Five (already got my top players for Year Four).

RtXaS wrote:First of all, love the draft classes goes very well with my Orlando Assosiation. But it would be nice if you could change Vladmir Tavcar's name to something really Lithuanian, because that's Russian I believe. There's a limited amount of Lithuanian names that go with commentary the first names that work are Donatas, Linas, Zydrunas, Sarunas, Martynas, Darius, Jonas and maybe Tomas, Arvydas I haven't tested these two. And the Lithuanian surnames that go with commentary are Kleiza, Ilgauskas, Jasikevicius, Andriuskevicius, Valanciunas, Songaila, Motiejunas, Marciulionis and there is also a Greek name that kind of sounds Lithuanian in my opinion which is Balidis.

Changed his name to Martynas Marciulionis in NBA Draft Year Two 1.1.

comeback wrote:Wow Year Three looks great. Thanks again for keep producing high quality DCs. I'm about to finish the first year of my association year soon. I started with Bobcats and hired 3 A-class scouts @ 1M dollars each. Although I was losing most of the games, it's been a lot of fun scouting players in your DC through out the year. I can't wait till this season wrap up and find out which pick I'm going to get... Off season task is going to be a lot of fun!

So, who you got ?

flywithme wrote:Love the updates!
Thank you so much! (Y)

Vespasian92 wrote:Great work on the draft classes btw. They make associations much more enjoyable.

Will try to include this one in NBA Draft Year Four.

Sean88888 wrote:Great work as usual pierralban (Y)

If you're taking suggestion, how bout breaking some stereotypes? An Asian 6'7" defensive PG who is only good at scoring from post up, has OK passing, post playmaker trait. He can be from some random countries like Macau or something.

Why not, I'd need someone to give me an Asian Cyberface though.
pierralban

Postby dare on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:44 am

Will try these tomorrow, got my 2nd one going too. (Y)
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Bobis on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:06 am

I think the latest Draft Class a bit too many European players I've seen so many players from countries that aren't known to produce talented players like Ukraine, Sweden, Hungary etc etc.

And it isn't like just one or two there's quite a few of them.
Bobis

Postby joneboy2000 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:05 am

Having a blast in my Celtics association with you're classes (Y)

We sucked the first year so i thought it's time for an rebuild. I got the 10th, 24th & 40th pick in the 2013 draft and selected DeShawn Overton, Tracy Jones & Jeffrey Graham. Overton is an great player and i think he can become my first option in few years, i believe Jones can be an consistent rebounder off the bench and Graham can light the crowd with his dunks in garbage time.

In 2014 draft i got the 6th pick 25th pick and drafted Mo Witt and Lyle Roberts.

I'm gonna sim another season so i can try to draft Uros Dragic and make him an low post presence :wink:

I have an guestion about Witt:

Is he supposed to have the Post profiency sig. skill? I checked his attributes and he has quite low post offence and inside shots ratings... Or is there an specific reason for him having this skill?
joneboy2000

Postby pierralban on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:20 am

joneboy2000 wrote:Having a blast in my Celtics association with you're classes (Y)

We sucked the first year so i thought it's time for an rebuild. I got the 10th, 24th & 40th pick in the 2013 draft and selected DeShawn Overton, Tracy Jones & Jeffrey Graham. Overton is an great player and i think he can become my first option in few years, i believe Jones can be an consistent rebounder off the bench and Graham can light the crowd with his dunks in garbage time.

In 2014 draft i got the 6th pick 25th pick and drafted Mo Witt and Lyle Roberts.

I'm gonna sim another season so i can try to draft Uros Dragic and make him an low post presence :wink:

I have an guestion about Witt:

Is he supposed to have the Post profiency sig. skill? I checked his attributes and he has quite low post offence and inside shots ratings... Or is there an specific reason for him having this skill?

That's really cool to be able to know who people use in my classes. I love the Tracy Jones choice as a late pick.
About Witt, he is supposed to be good in the High Post, not sure if i understood correctly the Post Profiency. If someone can lighten me on that. Otherwise i'll change it.

Another question, how do I know which names can be used fro players so that they are said in the commentary ? Is there a list with all the names in the game ?
pierralban

Postby joneboy2000 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:28 am

pierralban wrote:About Witt, he is supposed to be good in the High Post, not sure if i understood correctly the Post Profiency. If someone can lighten me on that. Otherwise i'll change it.

The game says this about Post profiency: Possesses supreme low post skills. I don't think there are any skills that affect high post play... It's not a big deal, atleast now i know how to utilize him (Y)
joneboy2000

Postby pierralban on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:40 am

Any idea of a type of player i could make for Year Four ? The stars are done, i need lottery picks or late 1st round pick. Maybe a sleeper :)
pierralban

Postby joneboy2000 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:48 am

pierralban wrote:Any idea of a type of player i could make for Year Four ? The stars are done, i need lottery picks or late 1st round pick. Maybe a sleeper :)

I posted this to dare's thread but he did'nt include him in his class:
joneboy2000 wrote:Name (first and last): Drake Drexler
Age/Date of Birth (19-24 years old): 21
Position(s): SF/PF
School: Providence
Height: 6"7
Weight: 207lbs
Jersey #: 22 or 44
Body Type:
Skin Tone: 3
Strengths: Hustle, Perimeter Defense, Offensive Rebounds, Dunks, Emotion, Taking Charges, Above average passer but not great1
Weaknesses: Jumpshooting, Consistency, Potential, Takes shots he usually shouldn't take
Signature Skills: (if possible) Scrapper, Charge Card, (Highlight reel)
Playing Style: Athletic/Defensive/All-Around
NBA Comparison: Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Renaldo Balkman, Marquis Daniels
Physical Appearance (use a headshot if necessary): Scrappy looking guy like Balkman, lots of tattoos
Misc. Details (Backstory, sig. shot, specific tendencies etc): Ultimate glueguy, teamfirst mentality, was a fan favourite because of his defensive intensity and fastbreak finishes. Will be a roleplayer, scouts aren't high on his potential.
Sig. shot could be something really goofy
Tendencies: Takes lots of charges, Gives hard fouls, Isn't afraid to shoot although that's not his game, Runs the break

To be more specific about his strenghts i think i dont think they should be in the 80-90 or anything, those would just be his best attributes... I think he could be an late first-rounder or early second-rounder, these hustle guys don't usually get picked very high in the draft...
joneboy2000

Postby pierralban on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:57 am

Will include him. Do you know about the name list for the game ? Where do i find the names that commentators will say ?
pierralban

Postby dare on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:58 am

Actually your's are already included in the 2nd Draft Class, but if pierralban will make it then go for it man.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby joneboy2000 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:03 am

pierralban wrote:Where do i find the names that commentators will say ?

Wish i could help but no idea :|

dare wrote:Actually your's are already included in the 2nd Draft Class, but if pierralban will make it then go for it man.

Oh, cool (Y) Well you can't have enough hustle guys, maybe you both could do you're own versions of him with different names ofc :D
joneboy2000

Postby pierralban on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:04 am

If you already included him, go ahead, don't want to interfere. I'm so glad to have another fictional draft class maker with me, it makes the game so much better.
pierralban

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K13 Modding