[7-6] LOLcats No More | ThunderCats Ho!

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: LOLcats no more[1-1]-Week 1 surprising results

Postby vig32 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:28 am

George7 wrote:
vig32 wrote:In one game I had on my association (also with the Bobcats) Biyombo had a block that I swear was a volleyball spike into the ground, it was the sweetest block i've seen on the game so far. I really love the picture for your association, I'm a big Uconn fan so seeing Kemba and Ben Gordon was nice. Two guards that helped lead us to national championships :D

Kemba and BG are two of my favorites in Charlotte. Spoiler alert,but the next game I'm going to recap was for sure the most amazing game I had in 2k13 thus far and it involves a lot about the two ex-Huskies! Recap coming up in the next few hours!

Can't wait to read it!!
vig32

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:11 am

I like your recap style. Nice choice with Bobcats - make Walker a star. :)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby rise on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:08 pm

Charlotte's in North Carolina btw. :wink:

Even though I'm super high on Mullens, I love the trade. Keep up the great work!
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby George7 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:37 am

rise wrote:Charlotte's in North Carolina btw. :wink:

Even though I'm super high on Mullens, I love the trade. Keep up the great work!

Oops,my bad. I even have my cousins in Charlotte and don't know where they live :P

Sit wrote:I like your recap style. Nice choice with Bobcats - make Walker a star. :)

Thanks man!and coming from you ,that means a lot :mrgreen:

Anyways,I had some really annoying internet problems for the past 12 or so hours,and now that the connection is back ,I'm gonna finish the recap stuff
George7

Postby Valor on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:57 am

Don't like the trade but good start man, BG7 FTW :headbang:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby vig32 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:30 am

rise wrote:Charlotte's in North Carolina btw. :wink:

I noticed that too, but I figured Carolina is Carolina :mrgreen:
vig32

Postby George7 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:39 am

THE FACTS: With the Suns establishing a small lead in the start of the 4th,no one thought that the talented ,but arguably weaker , Charlotte side could turn things around. But no one had in mind what the two former Huskies, Ben Gordon(29 points,4 rebounds,6 assists,3 steals) and Kemba Walker (24 points,3 rebounds,7 assists),had in store for the end. Gordon went onions in the 4th quarter ,and scored basket after basket after basket finishing with 15 points in the quarter,in order to keep Charlotte in close with the red hot Suns. Walker was a constant threat in the first 3 quarters,as he was the main reason the Bobcats weren't blown out in the first half.

THE MOMENT:With 30 seconds remaining and the Suns up by 1, Walker turned the ball over twice,giving the Suns the chance to end the game. They managed to score 2 points,and with 7 seconds in the clock Charlotte had the inbound in the centre of the court. Walker got the ball ,penetrated and kicked out to Ben Gordon, who momentarily lost his handle,and with a 1.2 seconds in the clock launched a hail Mary three,which was good, senting the game to Overtime and driving everyone in the Time Warner Cable Arena crazy.

THE FACTS II:Gordon's buzzer was all the push the Bobcats needed,and with rookie Michael Kidd-Gilchrist(18 points) showing up in the extra period, Charlotte sealed this one with ease.

For the losing side,Shannon Brown(28 points) was having a huge game,but wasn't enough in the end. Michael Beasley(17 points),who's having at last that fresh start he wanted was red hot from the mid-range area.

QUOTABLE:That's the first time I'm telling it to the press, but Ben [Gordon] was ,and is, one of my personal favorites in the league,especially back in his Bulls days. Performances like this one are those who define the great scorer and BG is for sure one.
--GM George Koukoulis

QUOTABLE II:It felt great,being red hot again,after having some bad shooting nights in the first two games. We keep playing like we did in the last quarter ,more games are there to be won. We'll try our best to make last season a bad memory.
--Ben Gordon

ROOKIE WATCH: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist had a quiet night,until emerging in the extra period,scoring 7 points out of Charlotte's 10.

HOT: Ben Gordon was 12/18 for the field scoring 4 threes with 6 attempts.Walker was 10-14 with 2 threes,and Michael Beasley was 8-11 from the field in the game.

NOT:Ramon Sessions ended the game without a point,shooting 0-5 from the field.

THE STAT: The Suns shooted 75% from the three point land.
Moments of the night
Ben Gordon for the tie... YOU BETCHA!!!
Kemba bringin down the thunder,in a rare dunk!

Last edited by George7 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
George7

Postby George7 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:48 am

Valor wrote:Don't like the trade but good start man, BG7 FTW :headbang:

Seconded that: BG7 FTW :headbang: ! And he delivered!
George7

Re: [2-1] LOLcats No More | Nailbitter in Charlotte!

Postby vig32 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:13 am

The former Huskies stepped up big!! Love that he went "onions" awesome recap man.
vig32

Postby George7 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:13 pm

vig32 wrote:The former Huskies stepped up big!! Love that he went "onions" awesome recap man.

thanks (Y) Yeah,the two little men were really explosive on that game!
George7

Postby Bucket on Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:33 pm

JaVale in Charlotte? Shaqtin' a fool will be epic this year then. :lol:
Bucket

Postby George7 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:31 pm

Valdis wrote:JaVale in Charlotte? Shaqtin' a fool will be epic this year then. :lol:

Man,even in those games,McGee provided some really dumb moments...
George7

Postby George7 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:28 pm

Perfect week for Charlotte,as Gordon shines bright

Game 1:Phoenix Suns @ Charlotte Bobcats 95-100

Detailed analysis here

Game 2: Charlotte Bobcats @ New Orleans Hornets 73 - 67

THE FACTS:A close contest through out its whole duration, the game was judged by some mistakes and some bright moments in the final minute. The New Orleans Hornet was a slender lead in the first half,which was vanished by the end of the 3rd quarter ,after a 14-3 rally from the Bobcats. The final minutes were dramatic ,with the Hornets leading up again by 6,but Bobcats lead by Ben Gordon ,who had a bad first half,but got fire in the 4th quarter with 10 points,tied again the game and even got in front by 1 point,68-67 with 50 seconds in the clock,after a dunk by JaVale McGee.A huge defensive effort on the next play gave Charlotte the opportunity to seal the deal,but McGee missed a wide open dunk ,giving possesion to the Hornets and frustrating his teammates and coach. Hornets spoiled another chance to get in front though, Kemba Walker scored a breakaway lay up and gave Cats a 3 point lead,with 7.7 remaining. After the time out, Eric Gordon missed a wide open three,Henderson got the rebound,went perfect from the foul line ,and the Bobcats escaped with a huge win in a tight contest.

For the winning side,Ben Gordon(17 points) was again the top scorer, but Kemba Walker(11 points,7 assists) was the one getting the MVP honors. Javale McGee(12 points,10 rebounds) and Bismack Biyombo(12 points,5 rebounds) had a great collaboration in the paint,while Michael Kidd-Gilchrist(12 points,7 assists) was the 5th piece of a mature,yet young,line up.

For the Hornets, Eric Gordon had 22 points,4 rebounds and 5 assists,but missed the crucial,wide open ,three pointer ,which would tie the game.Anthony Davis(13 points,11 rebounds) was the only other Hornet in double figures.

TURNING POINT: The 6-0 run by the Bobcats in the last two minutes gave them the lead (68-67) and the momentum they needed in order to win the game.

HOT:Gordon is the surname,you pick the name. Both Ben and Eric Gordon were red hot. Eric had 22 points with 50% shooting,while Ben had 17 with 7 made shots out of 11 attempts, and 3-4 from the three point land.

ROOKIE WATCH: No 1 vs No 2 pick: Anthony Davis vs Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. Both had some good performances,but with the spotlights all on them,we would expect something better for the two top picks in the 2012 NBA Draft.

Game 3:Dallas Mavericks @ Charlotte Bobcats 85-86 (Simulated Game)

The Bobcats faced yet another team with a below .500 record (DAL:2-4, NOLA:1-4,PHX:2-4) and won yet another game,making it 4 in a row. The way is the same as the other 2 games of the week. Last minute thriller.Bobcats lead for three quarters,but Mavericks almost got the win in the end,falling up short eventually.

TOP PERFORMERS:Ben Gordon was again sensational. 28 points for the shooting guard out of UConn,who had a very productive week. JaVale McGee had his best game as a Bobcat,with 20 points,7 rebounds and 4 blocks. Kemba Walker and Kidd-Gilchrist had mediocre performances,with 6 and 2 points respectively.

For the Mavs,Dirk Nowitzki and O.J. Mayo had 16 points and 5 rebounds each,while Chris Kaman added 13 and 7

JaVale Moment of the Week

George7

Re: [4-1] LOLcats No More | Week 2 Recap!

Postby vig32 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:42 am

That picture made me laugh really hard, good week for your Bobcats, hope they can keep it up.
vig32

Postby George7 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:06 am

vig32 wrote:That picture made me laugh really hard, good week for your Bobcats, hope they can keep it up.

Cheers man :D
George7

Postby rise on Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:10 am

ahahahaha Jafail McGee strikes again. :lol:
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby George7 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:29 am

rise wrote:ahahahaha Jafail McGee strikes again. :lol:

Εven in 2k13 he is a dumb :P
Results coming up!
George7

Postby George7 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:29 am

Bad stretch for the Cats,fall to .500 record

Game 1:Washington Wizards @ Charlotte Bobcats 84-76 (simulated Game)

The Charlotte Bobcats spoiled their first game after a four game winning streak,after losing to the Washington Wizards ,in Charlotte. The Bobcats had almost no player standing up as a leader on the court ,as Kidd-Gilchrist and Walker,who were the top scorers for the Cats, had 13 points each. Javale McGee had a solid game with 12 points and 15 rebounds,while Ramon Sessions dropped a dozen points as well.

For the Wizards,Trevor Ariza had almost a double double with 22 points and 9 assists,while John Wall had a mature performance ,adding 16 points,4 rebounds and 6 assists.

Game 2:Charlotte Bobcats @ Minnesota Timberwolves 82-97

THE FACTS: It was a bad first half for the Charlotte Bobcats,that doomed them and cost them the entire game. Charlotte was outscored by 13 points in the first half by the Wolves ,who dominated in all aspects of their game,building a strong lead which was more than enough to earn them the W.After a rather balanced third quarter though ,Charlotte tried an 11th hour comeback ,in which they scored 7 consecutive three pointers. But the Wolves had answers for all of these,letting the Bobcats cut the lead to 5 points,and then make a little run which took again the difference up to 15 points.

For the Bobcats ,Kemba Walker (23 points,8 assists,3 rebounds,3 steals,4 three pointers) and Ben Gordon(16 points,3/4 3pts, 14 points in the 4th quarter) where the two players that motored the unsuccessful attempt for a comeback. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist(13 points,6 rebounds,7 assists) added a nice all around performance as well.

While for the winning side,Nicola Pekovic (19 points,5 rebounds) was the leading scorer for his team, but superstar Kevin Love (18 points,15 rebounds) was arguably the MVP of the game,scoring some huge three pointers in the last quarter,which sealed the deal for the Wolves. Brandon Roy(12 points) had positive performance,showing glances of his old self and Spaniard Ricky Rubio(12 points,10 assists) finished with the double double.

THE STAT:The Timberwolves had 37 rebounds,while the Bobcats only 18.

HOT:Nikola Pekovic had 8-9 FG in the game ,and Kevin Love was 7-13 from the field with an impressive 4 three pointers in 5 attempts.

QUOTABLE:We spoiled an entire half in today's game,we clearly didn't deserve the win here,and we should learn from our mistakes.
--Bobcats' Kemba Walker

Game 3:Memphis Grizzlies @ Charlotte Bobcats 79-70

THE FACTS: It was a Hardwood Classics night in Charlotte,as the "Carolina Cougars" faced of the "Memphis Tams" ,in Charlotte. The retro atmosphere was everywhere in the packed Time Warner Cable Arena,and the two teams didn't fail to dissapoint their crowd. It was a nailbitter,despite what the score indicates,as the two teams were going head to head for 42 minutes. It was only then that the Memphis Grizzlies managed to build a small lead that they were able to hold until the very end.

Rudy Gay (20 points) lead the way for the Grizzlies with a solid performance which gave him the MVP honors as well,but the big surprise was another one. Terrico White(15 points,7-7 FG),the rookie out of Mississippi was the one giving the much needed spark from the bench ,leading the way for Memphis to build the much needed lead.

Charlotte had its big 3 of Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (18 points,4 rebounds),Kemba Walker(16 points,6 assists,2 steals) and Ben Gordon(16 points) leading the way,but the rest of the team failed to deliver,as no other player scored more than 4 points in the game,on a poor scoring night.

THE STAT:Memphis Grizzlies had no three point attempts in the whole game!

TURNING POINT:Subbing in Terrico White in the 2nd half. He scored 15 points and played big part on Memphis' run that gave them a bigger lead.

ROOKIE WATCH:Michael Kidd-Gilchrist had a mature performance with 18 points,but Terrico White with his perfect 7-7 shooting was the catalyst in the game.

QUOTABLE I:That was my break out game.I am really happy about my performance,and I hope this will be the first of several performances like this one. Great night for me tonight for both my performance and the W.
--Grizzlies Terrico White

QUOTABLE II:We must not get dissapointed from this losing streak. Just remember last year everyone. We have almost as many Ws in those three weeks as the team had in a whole season! The team is playing really good,and as we get better and better,more wins are going to come.There's some nice job done in this organization.
--Bobcats' Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
George7

Re: [4-4] LOLcats No More | Third Week Recap is up!

Postby Valor on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:44 pm

Some good defensive games there, tough luck with the losses though :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby George7 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:42 am

Valor wrote:Some good defensive games there, tough luck with the losses though :wink:

Yeah,there were some tough games,that could go either way. Unfortunately,they ended up in a way I didn't wanted to.
George7

Postby George7 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:03 am

Milwaukee Bucks @ Charlotte Bobcats 88-101

THE FACTS:It was an easy night for the Bobcats,and it looked like one from the very beggining. With the Milwaukee Bucks having a rough start in the season,despite the phenomenal backcourt duo of Ellis and Jennings,and the Charlotte Bobcats not looking that consistent ,after dropping three straight after a four-game winning streak,most of us would expect a nailbitter. But it was far from one. Charlotte took the lead just after the tip-off and never looked back. With the phenomenal play of rookie Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (29 points,7 steals.4 rebouns,3 assists) and with Kemba Walker(20 points,5 assists,4 steals) keeping the great performances game after game,Bobcats managed to take a 10 point lead in the 1st quarter and maintain it for the rest of the game.

Excluding the two youngsters,who have been top performers for the Bobcats those first weeks,it was the contribution of Kenyon Martin, Ramon Sessions and Ben Gordon that made this an easy night for the Cats. The former no1 pick out Cincinnati scored 16 points,and added 4 rebounds and 4 assists,while the two guards almost recorded double-doubles,as Sessions had 12 points and 7 assists,with Gordon adding 10 and 7 on those two categories.

For the Bucks,it was all about Monta. Monta Ellis scored an impressive 33 points in the game,while Brandon Jennings almost had a double double(15 points,9 assists, but with 9 turnovers). Turkish international,Ersan Ilyasova (10 points,10 rebounds) had a solid double double performance as well.

THE STAT: The Bobcats literally stole the show,as they recorded 23 steals in the game,oppossed to 13 by the Bucks

HOT:Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. The 2nd pick in the 2012 NBA Draft was almost excellent in his shooting with 14-19 from the field.

NOT:JaVale McGee has one of the most dominating bodies in the league,but the center failed to make an impression today,despite his good start in the season.He had only 6 points,with 3-8 shooting and only 5 rebounds.

QUOTABLE:He's going to be the leader of this team.This performance was just a glance of what MKG has in store for the rest of the season.
--Bobcats' Head Coach,Mike Dunlap
George7

Re: [5-4] LOLcats No More | MKG show vs MIL!

Postby rise on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:14 pm

I love seeing MKG and Kemba tearing it up on the court. :applaud:
rise
Contributor

Postby George7 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:01 am

Chapter 2

New York City, NY A man was sitting on his office,looking at his NBA Fantasy League team ,while drinking slowly his hot coffee.It was his little morning ritual ,from the moment he stepped up as the head of this company,and had a little more flexible working schedule.Every day, he wanted to have at his office,only two things in order to start his day.A hot,double espresso and the "Wall Street Journal" newspaper. He would read the newspaper and then take a look at his fantasy league team,one of his biggest passions,besides his work,while drinking his coffee. After this was over,he would start taking care of his workload. That's why he wanted no one to interrupt him,and his secretary knew that better than anyone.

"-Sir,you have a call on line 2 ". Despite his order not to be disturbed,his secretary was on the line

-"Oh,come on Suzan..." The man said dissappointed and a little frustrated. "What have I told you about my personal time? You know I don't like to get disturbed ,unless it's an emergency."

-"I'm sorry sir,but Mr.Jordan insisted on talking to you."she replied.

-"Who?" The hearing of this name spoiled his entire monring. He hated him. "Oh,but tell him to be quick"

-"Hello Chris. I just wanted to call you and thank you about the guy you brought in the team. I love this kid's passion and knowledge ,he's a true gem. Thanks for that." Jordan said the last two words, with a clear sarcastic tone,hanging up the phone laughing,which infuriated Chris more than ever.

-"I'm going to avenge this moron,even if some one else has to pay for this!" He said. And being a rich and powerfull person with some serious personal issues with MJ,he was ready to do everything he could to humiliate the man he hated that much...

Last edited by George7 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
George7

Postby George7 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:02 am

rise wrote:I love seeing MKG and Kemba tearing it up on the court. :applaud:

They are the two cornerstones of my team,and they deliver so far :)
George7

Re: [5-4] LOLcats No More | MKG show vs MIL - Chapter 2!

Postby George7 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:27 am

Had some PC related and internet issues on the last couple of dates,so updates are going to come tommorow,after I come home from my lesson in the university!

Also any comment about me trying to add some plot to this story,is more than appreciated :mrgreen:
George7

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood