Official 2K Statement on Missing PC Uniforms

Talk about NBA 2K13 here.

Official 2K Statement on Missing PC Uniforms

Postby JaoSming on Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:14 am

I did a Support Ticket about it, here is the response

JaoSming wrote:No uniform shows up for newly added alternate uniforms. Nuggets, Blazers, Spurs, all just have a completely white uniform.

2KSportsSupport wrote:Check yer Internet!

JaoSming wrote:I apologize, but that does not solve the issue. I can connect and download the online data updates fine, like Rasheed Wallace, the updated courts, new Knicks uniforms, etc. But there have not been any updates to add those uniforms to the PC version. My friend's 360 and PS3 version have those uniforms, but the PC doesn't.

2KSportsSupport wrote:I want to start off by saying that I am deeply sorry for the delay in response, but there has been an large amount of CS tickets that have been coming in as of late and we are working to get to everyone as quickly as we can. I do apologize if the delay has caused any type of inconvenience for you.

The PC version of the game doesn't receive updates like that. The PC is basically a port of the game. If you have any other questions or concerns I'll be happy to assist you.

So while that isn't as "good" of a response as the "Use Online Association to play against friends online", it at least confirms we aren't getting those unis.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Re: Official 2K Statement on Missing PC Uniforms

Postby jmmontoro on Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:21 am

Bullshit answer, we got the fixed Thunder alternate so it does recieve updates like that.
"The PC is basically a port of the game." That doesn't mean anything, they're pissing on us.
jmmontoro

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:34 am

That's a lousy answer to say the least. :lame:
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby George7 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:56 am

That's not a good answer at all. It shows a little respect to your paying PC customers
George7

Postby viniciuslennon on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:58 am

So I paid almost 200 dollars for a port of a game, hun? I'd rather have paid 100 dollars for a shitty game made by ea that at least was the entire game. this is the first time I ever picked nba live before nba 2k for any reason. btw, the absurd price is because things are absurdly expensive here in brazil, and I can't afford something like this right now, but I love basketball just too much, I guess it's my fault to fall for that bullshit, giving 2K's history with caring about costumers, specially pc costumers... I'm nor proud to say this, but after buying all games since nba 2k7 I will no longer waste my time with this, never again
viniciuslennon

Postby Kyrius on Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:02 am

200 dollars? :O
GONYGONYGO!
Kyrius

Postby DondiWhite on Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:19 am

Check yer Internet!

This is a comment from a staff member at 2k? Reads like a 10 year old on facebook (N) :shock:
DondiWhite

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:00 am

I'm fairly certain that was JaoSming tongue-in-cheek paraphrasing their first response.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:38 am

it was, he sent me a long email about Internet settings and such, assuming I wasn't able to connect online, which was valid due to my vague initial question.

I still give props to these support guys, that is NOT easy (and I would know with all the questions here over the years). It's just too bad about the PC "port" in general (which again, with the CPU usage and GPU non-usage, makes sense).

I'd rather get my port than no game though.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Llama_Cookie on Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:36 pm

This would NEVER happen with EA Sports support.
Llama_Cookie

Postby RedPhazon8 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:43 pm

Should of let him know it's a port with missing features... :P
RedPhazon8

Postby JaoSming on Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:44 pm

:lol: what? The Live PC games were from a different era, before sports DLC or online updates. There were patches, but we had to fight like hell to get a Live 07 patch....

I'm not saying EA support is bad, EA's done very well by me recently, but this isn't a "support" issue. The guy was understanding and at least gave an honest answer. It's more of a design decision that stems from our awesome half-off price/game quality
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby jmmontoro on Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:00 pm

EA quit on us, why the blip are we saluting them for?
Honest? Maybe, poor choice of wording above all. A company doesn't make three games, makes one and ports it to fit the different console specifications, saying it's a port is stating an obvious fact. The strips on the PC were deliberate, his intentions were to compare the PC like if it was a handheld device, far from honest, ignorant at best, but stupidly ignorant for a person in his position.
His answer should have been: Regarding the updates you mentioned, the PC version of the game won't receive them. If you have any other questions or concerns I'll be happy to assist you.
jmmontoro

Postby bowdown on Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:48 pm

What a piece of shit mother fucker lousy son of a bitch.
bowdown

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:22 pm

jmmontoro wrote:Honest? Maybe, poor choice of wording above all. A company doesn't make three games, makes one and ports it to fit the different console specifications, saying it's a port is stating an obvious fact. The strips on the PC were deliberate, his intentions were to compare the PC like if it was a handheld device, far from honest, ignorant at best, but stupidly ignorant for a person in his position.
His answer should have been: Regarding the updates you mentioned, the PC version of the game won't receive them. If you have any other questions or concerns I'll be happy to assist you.

It is definitely a bad choice of words and it's very likely not the support rep's fault. No doubt that's the stock answer they've been given for that situation, but that makes it a lousy stance for the company to have on the PC version. When it comes down it, we're still paying customers and the PC version does receive official updates - the updated Knicks jerseys came through, so it's not like they're not releasing any jersey updates at all for the PC - so it's a disappointing and confusing approach, with a poorly worded explanation handed down to the support team.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kyrius on Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:30 pm

DondiWhite wrote:
Check yer Internet!

This is a comment from a staff member at 2k? Reads like a 10 year old on facebook (N) :shock:

Atrocious.
GONYGONYGO!
Kyrius

Postby JaoSming on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:29 pm

Kyrius wrote:
DondiWhite wrote:
Check yer Internet!

Atrocious.

That you don't read? Yes, it certainly is.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby DondiWhite on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:38 pm

Andrew wrote:I'm fairly certain that was JaoSming tongue-in-cheek paraphrasing their first response.

[Pedantic=1]
Indeed, but then again if your quoting something its better to actually put in the quote exactly how it was stated, as in literally, otherwise its not actually a quote :) Also a use of a smiley or bracketed sub note would have helped for translation on tinterwebz for readers.
[/Pedantic=0]
DondiWhite

Postby RowdyRondo on Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:53 am

it was probally some random dude from India

that where most CS is sent to nowadays

I wouldn't have listen to anything for CS

CS = BS :P
RowdyRondo

Postby Kyrius on Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:17 am

JaoSming wrote:
Kyrius wrote:
DondiWhite wrote:
Check yer Internet!

Atrocious.

Huh? :shock:
GONYGONYGO!
Kyrius

Postby JaoSming on Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:22 am

RowdyRondo wrote:it was probally some random dude from India

that where most CS is sent to nowadays

I wouldn't have listen to anything for CS

CS = BS :P

This isn't about the customer service guy, he handled it well IMO.

Kyrius wrote:
JaoSming wrote:
Kyrius wrote:
DondiWhite wrote:
Check yer Internet!

Atrocious.

Andrew wrote:I'm fairly certain that was JaoSming tongue-in-cheek paraphrasing their first response.

Huh? :shock:
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Return to NBA 2K13