Hitman Absolution

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Hitman Absolution

Postby Chino on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:20 pm

phpBB [video]

I am a big Hitman fan and I'm really pumped about this new game. It kinda has a "movie" feel in it. Can wait to see more about this game. :)
Chino

Re: Hitman Absolution

Postby Lean on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:47 pm

:bowdown:

Looks amazing. Though it has traces of Assassin's Creed into it. Segments there where he could just sneak out and not kill anyone. Still, looks promising to me. (Y)
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:09 pm

Lean wrote:Segments there where he could just sneak out and not kill anyone.

SMDH isn't this game called "HITMAN"? If I wanted to climb on shit unnecessarily I'd buy one of the 234934 Assassin's Creed games and if I wanted them to show me all the enemies on the map and show where they are going, I would buy Arkham Asylum.

I REALLY REALLY hope that's just the "tutorial" level like the amusement park level was in Blood Money
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:16 pm

Also, what's with the thermal-like vision? I don't remember 47 having super powers. :( Mini-map is kinda bothering too. If you want to see the map, you press the map button and see everything there. Maybe I'm being judgmental here.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Chino on Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:30 pm

The thermal-like vision looks good but I'm hoping that it can be turned off or is removed when in high difficulty.
Chino

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:34 pm

Oh yes. Not sure about that pathway/thermal vision. I think that would make the game a bit easier. One of the challenges was figuring out the paths people take in the older games.

IGN has a real HD quality version of that video.
http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/10/11/hi ... gh?show=HD
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lean on Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:44 am

Yeah I thought of that too. That's what's fun with re-playing missions from the old Hitman games, there are different methods available.

EDIT:

Wikipedia wrote:
    * David Bateson will not be voicing Agent 47. There is currently an online petition to bring back David Bateson as the voice of 47.
    * Agent 47's handler, Diana Burnwood, has a "close relationship" with 47 in Absolution.
    * Vivienne McKee, who has always voiced 47′s handler, Diana, has been replaced by Marsha Thomason.
    The main antagonist is revealed to be Blake Dexter, a new character to the series. The character will be voiced by Keith Carradine.
    * The game is only going to be set in the United States, with one portion taking place in Chicago.
    * The game will be released around 2012.
    * Players will be able to set up elaborate traps.
    * A new mode, called "Instinct", works much like the detective mode in Batman: Arkham Asylum.
    * Map screen is replaced by the aforementioned "Instinct" mode.
    * Players will no longer be able to manually save the game.
    * Players will be able to utilize a "tag and kill" mechanism during Instinct mode that is similar to the one in Red Dead Redemption.
    * The game will feature some scripted action sequences and smaller sandbox levels that are divided by checkpoints.
    * The original soundtrack for the game is composed by Peter Kyed and Peter Peter, replacing the game's previous composer, Jesper Kyd.
    * The new title will feature an online or possibly multiplayer option unlike previous titles.

Oooookkkkkayyyy....
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Thu May 31, 2012 12:34 am

Tell me this isn't happening.

phpBB [video]
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Thu May 31, 2012 10:52 am

has anybody preordered and played the sniper challenge yet? is it worth it?
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby deihatein on Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:22 am

phpBB [video]
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Hitman: Absolution

Postby [Q] on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:31 pm

hitman comes out tomorrow. i hope i will not be disappointed
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Re: Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Postby Patr1ck on Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:29 pm

I shouldn't have watched TotalHalibut's WTF is Hitman: Absolution. I'm not sure if I will enjoy the game because of how he described it.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:45 am

i've already watched that one video in the library/museum where he escapes from the cops when it leaked, and i hated that video. hope the game is nothing like it
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Patr1ck on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:56 am

Apparently it is, but you can turn off the instinct. He threw a bottle to distract a cop, the cop went right for him rather than the where the noise was. You seem to die very quickly with gunfire and if you are wearing a disguise, people who look like you will recognizel quickly.

Biggest thing I didn't like was the camera view. For third person it should be much wider.

One thing that looks cool is the contracts mode where you can create a scenario. Decide who needs to be killed and how they get killed and set the conditions.

If it goes on sale on steam I'll pick it up.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lean on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:24 pm

Looking forward to it as well. I'll try to play without the instinct mode on, as I still prefer the old map style to monitor crowd and targets movements.

Pdub wrote:Biggest thing I didn't like was the camera view. For third person it should be much wider.

Saw IGN's video review, it's not really 'over the shoulder', but 47 should be at the center of the camera for better view of his left side.

IGN gave it a 9.0 rating, but I never really agree with IGN reviews until some other reviews come up.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:10 pm

as a big, big fan of Contracts & Blood Money, I am a bit disappointed with it so far. They did a very good job with cinematics & cutscenes but gameplay is a bit lacking. the variety of pick-up weapons is cool, but they don't give you sedatives like in the old games to help you get silent assassin status. there are less ways to safely take out civilians, but seems like there is a way you can sneak and get em in a rear naked choke to put em out so i might have to retry the first couple missions doing that

I tried playing without instinct mode and did ok in the tutorial mission. 1st actual mission I had no problems but then in both parts of mission 2 were pretty much impossible to do without it. plus I played on "hard" so it's harder to build up your instinct meter. and pdub you are right you get maybe 3-5 seconds before you are recognized instantly in disguise and it pisses me off you have to use instinct mode to blend in and when you run out of meter you are totally fucked which has hurt my attempts to get silent assassin many times already. the one nice thing is that around people not in the same disguise you never get noticed. (guards never recognize fake gardeners, etc.)

I miss the map. they have this lame radar which doesn't really help. it's just a bunch of white dots on a circle. it almost forces you to use instinct to find enemies where you used to look at the map for in previous games. plus, the map was a great way to plan your route in the level, as it helped you find ways to get to different parts of the map, especially in a complicated building. I get lost in buildings now, and it pisses me off. I always wind up "trespassing" and losing points because I don't know where I'm going and where I'm not allowed.

so far, the maps & missions seem a bit less intuitive than blood money, as there have been a few maps that were similar to situations in previous games and they seem a bit less free and open-world like than before. it's a little too linear for my taste. i kept playing hoping it would get better, but i'm not sure if it will sadly enough. will report back when i play more, i've only played the tutorial, and 2 1/2 missions after that, so maybe (hopefully) it will get better

if you buy within 48 hours of release at gamestop, you get Hitman codename 47, hitman 2 silent assassin, and blood money off steam for free which was a nice consolation prize. you get a free $10 gift card from best buy for buying the game.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:29 pm

Qballer wrote:I get lost in buildings now, and it pisses me off. I always wind up "trespassing" and losing points because I don't know where I'm going

lol. You and benji should play together sometime.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Lean on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:50 pm

Thanks for the insight Q. The game just hit stores here in Manila this week. I am still thinking twice if I'd get this or AC3.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:36 pm

well i'm still a big fan of the series and still had to get it, even if it didn't live up to my expectations. i think i would still enjoy it more than ACIII or CODBO2 or any other returning series
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:13 pm

I ended up getting AC3 instead. Absolution is a bit pricey compared to it but I'll still get Hitman later.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:15 pm

i forgot to mention that some missions are multi-part missions. and it's stupid because your goal may be to get to a door, but then if someone's chasing you and you go through it, the cutscene hits and it loads the next "past" of the mission and you don't get followed into the next part of the mission even though it's technically in the same building. that was the beauty of blood money. each mission was in one whole level, so guys would follow you all over the place.

and i played another 1 1/2 missions. i hit a second "escape from the police" mission like in the video smh
i spend more time escaping bullshit than actually killing people
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:37 pm

Qballer wrote:i forgot to mention that some missions are multi-part missions.

I think that's a bad thing. It ruins the missions' continuity.

Qballer wrote:i spend more time escaping bullshit than actually killing people

+1000 Respect to you. (Y) I have always preferred killing only the target(s) and no more. Though I remember a mission in Blood Money where I poisoned the guards on a mobile van to take their 'costumes' and infiltrate the area.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:28 pm

and that's the problem, because they set it up so that you HAVE to use the instinct to walk by somebody undetected. so far i've only done one mission all the way through without restarting. every other mission, i've been detected and forced into a gunfight. and i appreciate the part of the game that allows you to recover from getting recognized and/or shot at, but the game loses its appeal because it's supposed to be a stealth game and they're turning it into more of an action game. i would've been very happy with Blood Money's system with new missions

and the continuity is a big thing. i remember in blood money the theater mission allowed guards to find you on whatever floor you were on, even up in the scaffolding above the stage. you should not be able to simply run away from a conflict and pass the level, which i have done a few times already
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:55 pm

That sucks. Is there such thing as the notoriety system from Blood Money? Now I'm having second thoughts on getting this.

Qballer wrote:it's supposed to be a stealth game and they're turning it into more of an action game

That sequential kill system they got from Splinter Cell comes to mind. It sucks.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:22 pm

yeah it's like the VAT system in Fallout 3. it's cool, but yeah it shouldn't be necessary or even an option in a hitman game.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Return to Off-Topic