[Offseason] ✖ Legacy Arise ✖ Retired

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Postby Valor on Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:59 am

Bulls Hire Leo Lai as Assistant GM

August 14, 2012 -- The Chicago Bulls announced today that the team has hired Leo Lai to be the team’s Assistant
    General Manager.

Hailing from New Zealand, the 21 year old Lai is a fresh university graduate, and has had no experience in the NBA,
    or in any professional sports organisations. He was a basketball star back in his high school days in Hong Kong, and continued
    to play throughout his college years but has never made that step into the big leagues. The only experience he has had with
    basketball outside of playing is coaching amateur teams as an assistant.

"I'm very excited and grateful for this opportunity," Lai said, "I think I have a lot to bring to the table and I look forward
    to contributing to this organization's success"

It is very interesting as to why the Bulls made this decision to hire an unknown youngster. Bulls vice president of basketball
    operations said that "there is more than meets the eye" with Lai and he has "full confidence that (Lai) will excel at his job".

Bulls Owner and chairman Jerry Reinsdorf was not available for comments.

Lai is the first person of Hong Kongese decent to work in a NBA front office.

Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: Legacy Arise - Team Revealed!!

Postby dare on Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:18 am

Are you going to play without D.Rose or is he magically going to recover? :lol:
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Valor on Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:24 am

dare wrote:Are you going to play without D.Rose or is he magically going to recover? :lol:

That was fast :lol:
I'm going to find an editor to edit in all the injuries, so yes, going to play without D-Rose (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Lamrock on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:11 am

Fine choice, good sir. (Y)
Lamrock

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:22 am

Good choice man. Playing without Derrick will make it interesting :wink:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Valor on Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:58 pm

Lamrock wrote:Fine choice, good sir. (Y)

Glad you approve :)

Thierry • wrote:Good choice man. Playing without Derrick will make it interesting :wink:

It's gonna be damn tough for sure, I just hope I can score with Deng n Booze :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:37 pm

I called it. :)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby George7 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:32 pm

nice choice (Y)
George7

Postby hova- on Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:49 am

Really did not think you'd take the bulls this time. But should not be a problem. Without Rose, it will be tough. I like Hinrich though. (Y)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Valor on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:43 am

Sit wrote:I called it. :)

Yes you did (Y)

George7 wrote:nice choice (Y)

Cheers George7!

hova- wrote:Really did not think you'd take the bulls this time. But should not be a problem. Without Rose, it will be tough. I like Hinrich though. (Y)

I actually really did give Charlotte and Minnesota a real hard consideration. Minny had the better uniforms over Charlotte but I don't like the roster as much (too much o, no d. plus its already pretty much built ). Charlotte had the more intriguing roster but not as good looking uniforms....and well, they are the Bobcats :facepalm2:

In the end, my love for Chicago won out :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Justine. on Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:18 pm

As expected from a Bulls fan. Good luck man :)
Justine.
Novakaine!

Postby Red Rocket on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:20 am

Haven't been in a while but cheers for keeping these great associations. Good luck to you, as it'll be hard getting this better than your 2K10 one.
Into the Fire - HEAT 2K13 Association (NBA 2K13)
Red Rocket

Postby Valor on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:33 am

Justine. wrote:As expected from a Bulls fan. Good luck man :)

Hahaha yeah can't get enough of playing with the Bulls, cheers!

Red Mamba wrote:Haven't been in a while but cheers for keeping these great associations. Good luck to you, as it'll be hard getting this better than your 2K10 one.

Thanks for reading Red, I hope it will be better, cause if not it means I haven't improved :lol: (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:00 pm

Captain Kirk, Bulls open season with win against Kings
Game Story | Box Score | Team Stats | Player of the Game

Boozer's 15 rebounds included this put-back slam

Chicago, IL – The Chicago Bulls insist they can be more than just a run-of-the-mill team without Derrick Rose. They're off to a winning start.

Starting in place of the injured Rose, the former/new Bulls point guard Kirk Hinrich led the charge with 12 points and a game high 12 assists, and the Chicago Bulls used a sound defense to defeat the Sacramento Kings 91-77 in the first game of their 2012/13 season, one which the former MVP Derrick Rose will most likely miss due to the torn ACL suffered in last season’s playoffs.

Carlos Boozer added 17 points and 15 rebounds, while Luol Deng led all scorers with 22 points alongside 8 rebounds.

"It's one game out of 82," Hinrich said. "Good start. But we have a lot of basketball to be played."

It was a winning night all around for Chicago, with Taj Gibson agreeing to a four-year, $38 million extension just before the deadline.

Gibson broke the news after emerging from a meeting with executive vice president of basketball operations John Paxson and general manager Gar Forman following the game. The new deal kicks in after the season, and it locks in one of Chicago's key players for the long term.

It was a surprising turn, considering he had said before the game that he was turning down the Bulls' offer. That would have meant becoming a restricting free agent, with the Bulls holding the right to match any offer from another team.

The Bulls did give up 17 offensive rebounds and a staggering 100 field goal attempts to the Kings, and they certainly have some work to do if they're going to get by while Rose recovers, but they'll take this.

Chicago started the game in a solid fashion before breaking out in the second quarter. They never trailed at any point in the game and even led by as many as 20 at one point.

Led by DeMarcus Cousins, the Kings front court played with plenty of energy and effort, hitting the offensive boards in a frenzy and totally dominated the glass from start to finish. However, they just couldn’t hit a shot.

Cousins would finish with 11 points and 17 rebounds (6 offensive), but he went 4 for 24 from the field thanks to the defense of the Chicago bigs. Rookie Thomas Robinson finished with 8 points and 9 boards (5 offensive), while Jason Thompson came off the bench and added 6 points alongside 10 rebounds.

Despite all the effort from their bigs however, there was no way to compensate for the bricks that were thrown up by their guards in the game. Tyreke Evans had what was probably his worst game as a pro, finishing 1 for 13 for just 3 points while Marcus Thornton went 1 for 10 for 2 points. Isaiah Thomas did have 16 points and 6 assists, but he was one of the few bright spots for the Kings.

This time last year, the Bulls were eyeing a championship run. Now, with Rose sidelined, there's a different vibe around Chicago.

To many, they're treading water until Rose returns. The Bulls, of course, don't see it that way.

They insist they're going to fight and claw the way they always have, and that's what they did in this game.

"We're not going to change our style of play," coach Tom Thibodeau said. "That has to be consistent. It has to start with our defense and rebounding, taking care of the ball, playing inside-out and sharing the ball."

Notes: The Bulls appointed Hall of Famer Scottie Pippen senior adviser to president and chief operating officer Michael Reinsdorf. Pippen has been serving as a team ambassador. In a statement issued Wednesday, Reinsdorf said the new title will "better reflect his role with the Bulls."

Game Highlights
Image Image
ImageImage Image
Image Image

Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: ✖ Legacy Arise ✖ Season Opener!!

Postby hova- on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:49 am

Good win to start the season, but those are games you have to win to get a good seeding for the playoffs where D-Rose can maybe come back and help you.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby George7 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:12 am

1-0!! Great job! You have to win most of those games until D-Rose comes back (Y)
George7

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:11 am

Good opening win. Hopefully you can unearth some hidden talent later in the season. That would be an awesome subplot :)
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:16 am

hova- wrote:Good win to start the season, but those are games you have to win to get a good seeding for the playoffs where D-Rose can maybe come back and help you.

Cheers Hov, but yeah really gotta win all these games against weak teams like Sac-town. Dunno if Rose is gonna come back in time though, I gave him the ACL injury through an editor n put a random time-frame (says 6-8 months in the game) on it, forgot about it now so we'll have to see :P

George7 wrote:1-0!! Great job! You have to win most of those games until D-Rose comes back (Y)

Yep, definitely gotta win most if not all of them if I wanna be in the playoff picture (Y)

Sit wrote:Good opening win. Hopefully you can unearth some hidden talent later in the season. That would be an awesome subplot :)

Cheers, hope I can, Rip has been surprisingly effective so far :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Red Rocket on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:26 am

Good first win to eliminate any worries for now. I hope you guys keep a good record until Rose comes back.
Into the Fire - HEAT 2K13 Association (NBA 2K13)
Red Rocket

Postby Valor on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:29 pm

Red Mamba wrote:Good first win to eliminate any worries for now. I hope you guys keep a good record until Rose comes back.

Cheers Red, with the D and some luck we might just be able to stay in the hunt for the top 4 seeds (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [1-0] ✖ Legacy Arise ✖ Season Opener!!

Postby Lamrock on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:12 pm

Glad your going for the realism and challenge of having Rose miss most of the season. Nice start to the year, should be a good one.
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:58 pm

I liked Rip a lot when he was a Wizard. Don't really care for him so much now. :lol:

You should sign Fish.
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:35 pm

Lamrock wrote:Glad your going for the realism and challenge of having Rose miss most of the season. Nice start to the year, should be a good one.

Thanks Lamrock, just wouldn't be realistic if he didn't lol. Hope I can do something with this bunch...

Sit wrote:I liked Rip a lot when he was a Wizard. Don't really care for him so much now. :lol:

You should sign Fish.

Never liked Rip cause he was a Piston, but yeah he's not doing bad for me in this virtual world at least. As for Fish, I'll think about it but he wouldn't really fit cause we need people who can defend...
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:42 pm

Chapter 1

”Morning everybody, how’s it going” Lai said as he walked into the office, greeting his co-workers as he walked by towards his office. He spotted his boss, Gar Forman, down the corridor and greeted him once more.
“Morning Gar”
Forman nodded coldly and turned into his lavish office, slamming the door behind him.
Lai shrugged before heading into his own shabby looking room, he’s gotten used to the cold shoulder from Forman, it had been like that for the past two to three months that he’s been on the job, ever since his first day at the office.

✧✧✧✧✧

“So, who’s the kid” Forman asked as he glanced towards Lai
“Gar, I want you to meet Leo here, “John Paxson said as they entered the room, “He’s going to be working here from today. Leo, this is Gar Forman, our team’s GM and you’ll be working under him”
“Pleasure to meet you Mr. Forman” Lai said as he extended his hand for a handshake.
Forman ignored the hand and continued to speak to Paxson, “Don’t tell me he’s the new assistant. He’s barely 20 by the looks of him.”
“21, to be precise.” Paxson said, “Trust me, he’ll do a good job”
“Fine, your office is on the opposite end” Forman finally looked at Lai reluctantly, “Rebecca outside will sort you out. Just don’t mess things up and do as I tell you.”
Lai nodded and left the room, but he was halted in his tracks when he saw the tiny, messy room that Forman had said was his. He raised his eyebrows and looked at it in disbelief.
What a great start, my boss hates me already and my office looks like a tiny ass rubbish dump. Lai thought to himself as he started to clean up the documents that were all over the place.

✧✧✧✧✧

It was finally opening night of the new season and the city was buzzing with excitement. Despite not having Derrick Rose to start things off and maybe for the rest of the season, it couldn’t be much better as they were kicking things off at Halloween night at home against the Sacramento Kings. It was already game time and most of the office had already left to attend the game. Lai, however, would get no such pleasure.
I want to be there too, Lai thought as he looked at his watch. There was about 4 hours left before the deadline for contract extension and Gibson’s agent Mark Bartelstein has still not arrived. A few hours earlier he had stormed away from the office after arguing with Forman while negotiating. Forman wanted them to accept a 4 year, $28 million dollar extension while Bartelstein was looking at closer to $41 million.

After what seems to be a lifetime of waiting, Bartelstein finally arrived.
“Thanks for coming,” Lai said
“I hope you are a more agreeable man than your boss” Bartelstein replied, he felt like Forman had insulted him and Taj with both the offer and the manner in which Forman was negotiating in.
“Well we don’t have much time, so lets just get started” Lai said, “What are you looking at”
“45 over 4 years, with performance incentives”
“When you guys were discussing 41 earlier? I’m no amateur Mark, don’t try me with that bullcrap” Lai answered disgustedly, “Come on, we both want to get this done, Taj wants to stay and the organization wants him. Lets work something out that works for both sides”
Bartelstein chuckled, “Fine, 40 over 4?”
“I can give him 36, you do realize we’ll be over the tax threshold right? Jerry’s not paying that” Lai replied
“38, nothing less”
Lai thought for a while, but agreed in the end. It was fair money for a potential replacement at PF if Boozer is amnestied after the season.
“I gotta call Pax first, give me a moment” Lai said to Bartelstein as he dialed Paxson’s private number.
“Pax, I got Taj’s deal here. Yeah Gar screwed it….38…got it”
“You got a deal, lets just get this drafted out and you go get it to Taj for the signature. Game should be finishing soon”
“Nice doing business with you”

✧✧✧✧✧

“Leo, in my office” Forman was at the door, looking like a raging Bull
“What the heck did you do yesterday?” Forman said as soon as Lai entered the room and closed the door “What gave you the right?”
Lai was confused, “What?”
“Don’t you pretend to not know,” Forman screamed as he threw down the newspaper, it was a piece from the Chicago Tribune discussing Gibson’s extension.
“The extension? What? Did I do something wrong?” Lai asked
“You undermined my authority and made the decision before consulting me, this isn’t the first time you done this already” Forman slammed the table; Lai had signed head coach Thibodeau to his extension just earlier in the month.
“Well, if you weren’t going to do your job, then I’ll do it for you.” Lai replied, “Besides, Pax signed off on all of these.”
Forman was steaming, “I assure you, if you override me again I’ll have you serving burgers at McDonalds before long.”
Lai rolled his eyes, “Anything else Mr Forman?”
“Get out of my office!”
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [1-0] ✖ Legacy Arise ✖ Chapter 1!

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:36 pm

Who gave YOU the right to make decisions???? :P
Fresh8

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood