[T-Neck] Retextured Generic CFs, Shorts, Sidelines RELEASED

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K13 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

[T-Neck] Retextured Generic CFs, Shorts, Sidelines RELEASED

Postby TNeckDME on Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:20 am

This topic will be used to host my series of enhancement mods as I port them over to NBA 2K13. Feel free to include any texture or part of these mods in your projects.

T-Neck's Retextured 2K13 Sideline Characters

This is a port of my Enhanced Sidelines mod from NBA 2K12. It aims to improve the texture quality of characters on the sidelines to better match the players on the court.

- The cheerleaders smile, have improved textures and now wear traditional NBA dancer spandex outfits.
- The gloss on the cameramen has been toned down, and detail has been added to their clothing.
- The ballboy/sweeper's clothing now has more detail. His shirt is no longer shiny and plastic looking.
- The scorekeepers' shirts and arms were given better shading to match their faces.
- The Nets and Bobcats have new sideline uniform textures for the 2012-13 season, which have been applied to this mod.

TO INSTALL: Extract the Retextured 2K13 Sideline Characters download below directly to your NBA 2K13 folder, overwriting the old files.

NOTE: New team_###.iff files are included with the updated cheerleader/ballboy uniforms. These also include textures from the Retextured 2K13 Crowd mod. If you don't want the Retextured 2K13 Crowd and only want the new 3D cheerleader model and sideline textures, then just install the gamedataextra.iff file and ignore the team_###.iff files.

Retextured 2K13 Sidelines Download Links:

NLSC: http://forums.nba-live.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=3954
Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?bccpe9sxdvxgt

Screenshot:

T-Neck's Retextured 2K13 Jersey Shorts

This mod updates the 30 NBA teams' default home and away jerseys with a new normal map for the shorts. I just wanted to see how the shorts look with more wrinkle variety, but thought others might be interested in the texture update so released it as a mod. This mod includes the updated Knicks home and away jerseys by 2K Sports.

It is also available as a template, in which a tutorial is available below.

TO INSTALL: Extract this directly to your NBA 2K13 folder, overwriting the old files.
This mod overwrites several ua0##.iff and uh0##.iff files, so make sure you backup those files.

Retextured 2K13 Jersey Shorts Download Links:

NLSC: http://forums.nba-live.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=3893
Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?04sjo9jbt56wkr8
Mediafire (Home Jerseys Only): http://www.mediafire.com/?25nddn82888zx5b
Mediafire (Away Jerseys Only): http://www.mediafire.com/?sz1u7445b0ozetd

Shorts Template Download Links:

NLSC: Attached below.
Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?00oktma1dgo7sqx

Screenshot:

T-Neck's Retextured 2K13 Generic Players

This is a port of my Enhanced Generic Cyberfaces mod from NBA 2K11 and 2K12. It takes the default generic cyberface textures and adds more detail to them, so that they don't look out of place next to the other NBA players' cyberfaces up close.

I've also included an updated set of generic arm textures. 2K unfortunately only uses 256x256 textures for the arms. As an attempt to improve the quality, I took the original 512x512 arm textures from the NBA players without tattoos and scaled them down with a bicubic sharpen filter as an attempt to maintain some of the original detail. The difference is most noticeable in the generic players' hands.

TO INSTALL: Extract this directly to your NBA 2K13 folder, overwriting the old files.
This mod overwrites the pcface.iff, pcface.cdf, pcchest.iff and pcchest.cdf files, so make sure you backup those files.

Retextured 2K13 Generic Players Download Links:

NLSC: Attached below. (Alt: http://forums.nba-live.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=3849)
Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?f7u3v434wn1uvue

Screenshot:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by TNeckDME on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:34 pm, edited 6 times in total.
TNeckDME

Re: [T-Neck] Retextured 2K13 Generic Players

Postby KevTwelve on Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:25 am

good job right here!
KevTwelve

Postby HappySnow on Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:40 am

Thank you very much, TNeckDME :)

Your retexture patch is really good.
I guess you are the one whom I want to ask for making eyes retexture patch.
Would you like to make it?
HappySnow

Postby .aristotle on Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:46 am

thanks for this +1
.aristotle

Postby King_eM on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:34 am

just like in 2k12 baby. excellent work our there! :D
King_eM

Postby TNeckDME on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:06 am

Thanks, guys.

On the side, I've been working on a new normal map for the shorts. Just wanted to see how they'd look with more wrinkle variety.

TNeckDME

Re: [T-Neck] Retextured 2K13 Generic Players, Shorts WIP

Postby Kyrius on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:46 am

AWESOMMEEE!
GONYGONYGO!
Kyrius

Postby TNeckDME on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:05 pm

More progress. This time, here's screenshots of the new shorts normals on the Sixers home jersey.

I'll be releasing PSD templates of the shorts normal with a tutorial on how to apply them to 2K Sports or other modders' preexisting normals. I'd also like to do a tutorial on normal mapping in general for NBA 2K13. I told JaoSming I'd do one for NBA 2K12 when I released my blacktop jerseys but completely forgot.

If demand is high enough, I can apply the new normals to the 30 NBA teams' default home & away jerseys and upload that to NLSC as a jersey pack.

I've attached the 76ers' home and away jerseys with my shorts normal maps to this post, just in case you guys want to see them in action and critique them. Be sure to backup your ua000.iff and uh000.iff files before installing them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TNeckDME

Postby JaoSming on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:19 pm

TNeckDME wrote:I'd also like to do a tutorial on normal mapping in general for NBA 2K13. I told JaoSming I'd do one for NBA 2K12 when I released my blacktop jerseys but completely forgot.

No worries man, lol. Before you do it, let me know what you think of this viewtopic.php?f=150&t=89068 and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiROSJYVKqo

The shorts look better for sure (Y) its on you if you want to do that for all of those unis though.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [T-Neck] Retextured 2K13 Generic Players, Jersey Shorts

Postby TNeckDME on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:00 am

The Retextured 2K13 Jersey Shorts mod has been released. PSD templates for the normals are also available as an attachment above, or they can be downloaded here. I'll explain how to use them in the tutorial below.

Retextured 2K13 Jersey Shorts Tutorial:

This tutorial will show you how to update a standard NBA 2K13 shorts normal map with my new wrinkle pattern, which is further detailed in my 2K13 mods topic.

1. Download the PSD templates.
2. Open the shorts normal map texture you'd like to modify.
3. Open "TNeck_2K13Shorts_GREEN.psd" and "TNeck_2K13Shorts_ALPHA.psd".

4. In the normal map texture, go to the channel tab and hide all channels except for Green.
5. Copy the Green channel.
6. In TNeck_2K13Shorts_GREEN.psd, paste the Green channel you copied to the "Insert Green Texture Here" layer.
7. Press Ctrl+A then Shift+Ctrl+C to copy the entire image (using Ctrl+C will only copy one layer).
8. Paste the updated texture back into the Green channel of the normal map.

9. In the normal map texture, go to the channel tab and hide all channels except for Alpha 1.
10. Copy the Alpha 1 channel.
11. In TNeck_2K13Shorts_ALPHA.psd, paste the Alpha 1 channel you copied to the "Insert Alpha Texture Here" layer.
12. Press Ctrl+A then Shift+Ctrl+C to copy the entire image (using Ctrl+C will only copy one layer).
13. Paste the updated texture back into the Alpha 1 channel of the normal map.

14. Save the new normal map texture as a DDS (DXT5) file. The shorts normal map texture should now be updated and ready to be imported into an NBA 2K13 jersey.

To help illustrate how it's done, here's a basic diagram of the copy and pasting process.

JaoSming wrote: Before you do it, let me know what you think of this viewtopic.php?f=150&t=89068 and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiROSJYVKqo

Those tutorials are actually very good, Jao. Looks like I don't need to worry about making one.
TNeckDME

Postby .aristotle on Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:33 pm

thanks for the release, big fan of most of your work, but in my opinion it's just too wrinkled for me
.aristotle

Postby TNeckDME on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:45 pm

Thanks for the criticism, aristotle. If I get around to releasing another version of the template, I can definitely tone down the wrinkles.

I was originally going for that bunched up, wrinkled look you see when a player is running down the court or jumping. There's always room for improvement. Honestly I think it'd be great if in the future, 2K Sports uses normal maps that change based on the animation like All Pro Football 2K8 had.
TNeckDME

Postby DondiWhite on Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:03 am

I like it personally, I cant use the physics for clothing due to CPU lag so this helps to add something more to non physics on shorts.

I am trying to avoid overwriting already installed jersey mods so some of them I cant use.

Due to this I have some as default and some with yours, and it made me think. Would it be possible to vary the crease pattern for different teams? becuase when you see teams together in replays the crease pattern are all the same per team. I realise this cant happen per player/per team .. but per team would help randomise it some more maybe?
DondiWhite

Postby TNeckDME on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:51 am

Thanks for the feedback and idea, Dondi. That's actually a good idea.

I imagine there could be 5 cloth normal map variations that can be distributed among each of the five teams in each division. Since NBA teams play the teams in their divisions more frequently than any other team, you wouldn't see repeat cloth normal maps very often. Only 3 teams in each conference would share the same normal map; 6 in the entire NBA.

I wouldn't mind undertaking a project like that if I'm able to find the free time for it down the line. I've had some folks request a port of my 2K12 cheerleaders to 2K13, so that will be my next project.
TNeckDME

Postby Sendar on Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:51 am

Very good idea! :) (Y)
Sendar

Re: [T-Neck] Retextured Generic Players, Shorts, Sidelines W

Postby TNeckDME on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:43 am

The 2K13 version of my Enhanced Sidelines Mod is almost ready to go. There are just a few tweaks I need to make before I release it.

TNeckDME

Re: [T-Neck] Retextured Generic CFs, Shorts, Sidelines RELEA

Postby Evo on Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:54 am

TNeck you are an absolute cannon thank you for this!
Evo

Postby RedPhazon8 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:10 am

Sucks 2K decided to auto-skip timeouts, your work in 2K12 was awesome on the sideline characters and same goes for this time around.
RedPhazon8

Postby ILL-Patch guy on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:41 am

Can you please write the numbers of the files you have replaced in the mod_tool?
ILL-Patch guy

Postby TNeckDME on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:40 am

In gamedataextra.iff, the following texture IDs (in ModTool) were changed:

Code: Select all
TNeckDME

Postby Kinggdawg on Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:15 pm

Hey TNECK can you please release one with the retextured sidelines included with the darker crowds mod because the sidelines currently is conflicting with the darker crowds mod! I like the crowds dark as I feel it is more realistic e.g. LA. ALL UR WORK IS AMAZING MAN! I hope you find time to release one with the darker crowds included :)
The King
LeBron James #23
CLEVELAND CAVALIERS
Kinggdawg

Postby Phreezy P on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:28 pm

Sorry I'm re-birthing this tread, but the cheerleaders have the texture you put, but still have the same model. I don't know what mod could conflict with it. Could it be a global?
LA | TO | MIN
Phreezy P
Varsity

Postby TNeckDME on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:35 am

It could be a conflict with the gamedataextra.iff, since that's where the new cheerleader model is stored. If you overwrite it with the one included in my ZIP, that should fix the problem.

Another alternative would be extracting the updated cheerleader model from my gamedataextra.iff with the ModTool and adding it to yours (if you already have another mod that changes the sideline characters). In ModTool, the NBA 2K13 cheerleader model is file #175.
TNeckDME

Postby Phreezy P on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:55 am

TNeckDME wrote:It could be a conflict with the gamedataextra.iff, since that's where the new cheerleader model is stored. If you overwrite it with the one included in my ZIP, that should fix the problem.

Another alternative would be extracting the updated cheerleader model from my gamedataextra.iff with the ModTool and adding it to yours (if you already have another mod that changes the sideline characters). In ModTool, the NBA 2K13 cheerleader model is file #175.

Fixed it! Thanks a lot!
LA | TO | MIN
Phreezy P
Varsity

Re: [T-Neck] Retextured Generic CFs, Shorts, Sidelines RELEASED

Postby dw0914 on Sat May 31, 2014 6:36 pm

I too will apologize for bumping an old thread, but my question is specific to modifying this sideline mod. I have the NBA 2kX mod tool and am wondering where I should be looking if my goal is to modify the cheerleader textures. Specifically I want to change the colors of the cheerleaders' socks for some teams, but I'm not sure where I should be looking. I know the model file is 175 in gamedataextra.iff, but for cheerleader uniform colors I get the feeling I should be looking in the team### files instead. I'm planning to use 3DM to make edits through PNG export/import once I've found the right files. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers!
dw0914

Return to NBA 2K13 Modding