The Knicks Thread....

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby NovU on Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:05 pm

Nearly entire Knicks have been overachieving so far in the season. Harden came down hard. I see the Knicks doing the same in a near future. But can't deny they looked solid in their last game. It's bit early but perhaps I underestimated these guys. I thought they'd be a fringe playoffs team.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:29 pm

Fields seemed to have a lot of promise, but he was never the same after the Melo deal and a change of scene doesn't seem to have helped him at all.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:12 am

Fields play improved during Linsanity, but once Carmelo returned, it was business as usual.
Jeffx

Postby Doobie on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:57 pm

Wow what a game against San Antonio. WOW.
New York Knicks
Doobie
didn't do it.

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:58 pm

Impressive effort to remain unbeaten. This start has to be a pleasant surprise for Knicks fans everywhere; it remains to be seen how long they can keep it up and how far they can go, but they're looking pretty good right now.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby The X on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:21 pm

I'm waiting for Amar'e to come back & ruin it all, ala Melo last season :P
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Stress Fracture on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:58 pm

Switching roles, eh? :lol:
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby Jeffx on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:15 pm

Andrew wrote:Impressive effort to remain unbeaten. This start has to be a pleasant surprise for Knicks fans everywhere; it remains to be seen how long they can keep it up and how far they can go, but they're looking pretty good right now.

I'm at a loss for words, Andrew. Carmelo had what, seven defensive rebounds???? He's really stepped up his game. Jason Kidd has been unbelievable, and J.R.'s bought into Woodson's program. Amazing.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:26 pm

So long as Isiah stays away, the future is promising. ;)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby The X on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:23 am

I think Kidd might've been the stabilising influence the team needed. Even Sheed probably helps in that regard. Having some of core of Mavs' title team in Tyson & Kidd really helps this ball club. But in the end, it will come down to Melo. If he buys in 100%, then they're a chance. JR Smith has always been super talented, so it's just getting him on the same page. They need Amar'e to come back & play a Horace Grant like role, if he'll accept it that is.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dan's Brain on Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:32 am

I think i remember hearing an analyst (probably JVG) suggest the notion of Amare playing a 6th man role when he comes back. Worth considering? Thoughts?
Dan's Brain
My Manwich!

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:02 pm

Definitely worth considering, just might be a hard sell to make to him. It's a lot of money to pay a sixth man but if he's willing to accept the role, it works out and they keep winning, so be it.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:04 pm

Dan's Brain wrote:I think i remember hearing an analyst (probably JVG) suggest the notion of Amare playing a 6th man role when he comes back. Worth considering? Thoughts?

Sounds like a plan.
Jeffx

Postby rise on Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:09 pm

Everyone knows Amare is capable of so much more and he realizes that. He'd probably ask for a trade if the Knicks relegated him to the bench.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby _Steve_ on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:38 pm

He WAS capable of so much more. Unless he don't get his legs in shape, Philly might be the only place where he could dream of being a starter in the near future...
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:26 pm

Trading him is easier said than done but if it came to that, it might not work out too badly for the Knicks.

Meanwhile, tough loss to the Grizzlies, who are looking pretty good themselves early on and have been tough to beat at home, going back to last season.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:39 am

Playing Carmelo at the 4 against Memphis is asking for trouble. That front line is no joke - physical and nasty.
Jeffx

Postby _Steve_ on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:53 am

Jeffx wrote:Playing Carmelo at the 4 against Memphis is asking for trouble. That front line is no joke - physical and nasty.

Lakers could/ should provide the same problems as Memphis.
But Knicks could have gotten away with the W in that game if they'd just made enough of their 3pointers. Rebound numbers were pretty much even (34 [NYK]-35 [MEM]). Both teams blocked 6 shots, so despite Memphis frontcourt, Knicks had their chances...
_Steve_

Postby _Steve_ on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:27 am

Lin wrote:I Might Be a Knick if D’Antoni Stayed

Well, if that's the truth Knicks fans have all reasons to be glad. Seems like Linsanity is officially over. It also seems, that D-Will was right about Felton (who plays not only better than Lin but also much better than most people expected him to do).
_Steve_

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:45 am

The initial craze is over, but I wouldn't write off Jeremy Lin just yet. He's not shooting the ball particularly well through the first ten games but apart from that, he's doing alright. That said, the situation seems to have worked out fine for the Knicks thus far.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:06 pm

SteveHTOWN wrote:
Jeffx wrote:Playing Carmelo at the 4 against Memphis is asking for trouble. That front line is no joke - physical and nasty.

Lakers could/ should provide the same problems as Memphis.
But Knicks could have gotten away with the W in that game if they'd just made enough of their 3pointers. Rebound numbers were pretty much even (34 [NYK]-35 [MEM]). Both teams blocked 6 shots, so despite Memphis frontcourt, Knicks had their chances...

Plus the Knicks were hurt by foul trouble. But they bounced back nicely and now go on a three game road trip.

I like Lin - he helped save the season, but Pringles had to go. He didn't get along with Carmelo, and wasn't going to adjust his system, so goodbye. Woodson holds these cats accountable, something Pringles never did. With LA, he won't need to get in dudes faces - Kobe will handle that.
Jeffx

Postby Jeffx on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:16 pm

Andrew wrote:So long as Isiah stays away, the future is promising. ;)

For the first time in 12 years, Dolan did something right (I didn't count Walsh - he was forced on Dolan by Stern). Woodson is the right fit for this team, and he gets along with his star player.

I criticised Grunwald for acquiring these old cats, but it's working so far.
Jeffx

Postby Jeffx on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:11 am

Well, you're allowed a few stinkers in an 82 game season. That performance in Houston was as bad as it gets defensively.
Jeffx

Postby Jeffx on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:51 pm

Somebody pinch me - Knicks are 2-0 against Miami???????
Jeffx

Postby rise on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:23 pm

Come on. The Knicks without either of their All-Stars beat the Heat? After I changed my prediction in the prediction thread from NY to Miami after finding out Melo was going to be out? LOL.

Didn't see the game, but apparently the Knicks went nuts from three.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball