How do I log back on to myplayer account?

Talk about NBA 2K13 here.

How do I log back on to myplayer account?

Postby JWL3 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:01 pm

I just upgraded my system from XP to Win 7, finally. (BF3 requires DirectX10). Problem is, after reinstalling NBA 2k13 on the new machine, it refuses to allow me to log on to my created account. I've tried every single password that I think it is and I cannot log in. It allows me to play single player but not online. This is beyond annoying. Trying to create a new account doesn't help either because it says my CD Key is in use. No sheet.

Am I screwed? I sent 2k sports an email to ask them to delete my online profile and account so I can start over but no response.
JWL3

Re: How do I log back on to myplayer account?

Postby JaoSming on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:17 pm

afaik, you gotta wait for 2K to reply
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby DondiWhite on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:44 pm

When you try to log into your account, do you get "Account not found" also did at any time before reinstall did you change your myplayer password?

Because so far I have found out a few things. If you change your my player password at any time the same will happen and you then either remove your account and try again or your stuk having to get a new key from 2k for a new account. But so far people report the same "key already in use" error. And like you have done, simply leaving your same my player account live, uninstalling game/re installing = account not found again.

The entire system seems to be completely faulty from what I can see, both with reinstalling & changing password.

I posted in the official thread about this, read my post and pages onwards here:

https://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthr ... 28&page=15

2k's response to a user was the following:

The PC Version of NBA 2K13 has the MyPlayer account linked with the activation code. If the account is deleted, or if the activation was not verified within 24 hours, the copy of the game cannot be played. If you did not delete your account, submit your account information into us and we will send you another verification e-mail so that you can verify your account. If this does not help you, or if you are unable to find your account information, please reply and provide the following:

1. Photo/scan of the receipt for the game showing the date and amount of purchase.

2. Photo of the physical disc/box accompanied by your email address written on a piece of paper in the photo.

3. Photo/scan of the back of the game manual or code sheet clearly displaying the missing or invalid code area.

4. The activation serial key typed into the text body of the request.

5. If you received an error message when redeeming the code, please include the exact error message.

We review these requests on a case-by-case basis, so please provide as many of the above items as possible.

Once we verify the above information, we will escalate your ticket to our Tier 2 Support to provide you with a new code. Please note that all codes requests are processed in the order they are received.

Cheers,
Brad S

Also if you get any thing working post in this thread (I have a similar problem but it was to do with changing myplayer password):

viewtopic.php?f=146&t=89012
DondiWhite

Postby JWL3 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:26 am

Yep, "account not found. " I'm pretty sure I'm using the correct password too. I tried going on 2k.com, which actually has a myplayer web login and "reset my password" option. Problem is, the temporary password they provide to me by email doesn't work in the game. I think the web password to 2k.com is completely separate from the myplayer in-game user name and password.

I can't open the 2ksports website at work. Did you get your problem fixed finally? How - by 2k deleting and resetting your account? I wish they'd hurry up: they claim 24 to 48 hours but it's been 3 days with no response.
JWL3

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:51 am

2k..com uses a different password as it is a different account. Try resetting it at nba2k.com.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby DondiWhite on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:45 am

Problem is when you reset your password the account is then borked so it can never be found, that's the point, resetting password and reinstall = "account not found".
DondiWhite

Postby JWL3 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:56 am

Guys, I have to report good news when a corporation provides good customer service:

So I bit the bullet and called 2k, assuming that they'd put me in an endless loop of holds and transfers. No. Within 1 minute, I got a live customer rep. And after another minute, they promised to reset my account, after I gave them my email. I hope this solves my problem but count me impressed with their response time.

Their number is 866-219-9839 by the way.
JWL3

Postby DondiWhite on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:47 am

Sounds good, im in UK so unsure how different service will be.

Going by the post I quoted with 2K responce email I assume they try the reset first to verify the account, please post back what happens and if it resolves your problem.
DondiWhite

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:33 am

Are you able to get online now?
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby JWL3 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:51 pm

Unfortunately, no. They promised they would delete and reset my account in an hour but it's been about 8 and I still can't get on. Sigh, hope they'll take care of it by tomorrow.
JWL3

Postby DondiWhite on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:17 pm

I hope they do sort it for you, but from what I have read and seen so far I get a sneaking suspicion you will be asking for a new key for a new account in the end, thats pretty much where I am, and all I did was change my password (no re-install).

I assume going by the quote you should get a verification email. Seems odd they told you they would delete it as thats what you can do yourself at NB2k but it takes 24/48 hours for key to exprire doing it, although so far I have read that this often results in "key already in use" regardless.

If in doubt, just update your ticket with all what I posted in that quote to get a new reg key.
DondiWhite

Postby JWL3 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:45 am

D'oh. You're 100% right. I called them again today after getting no response/emails and still not being able to log in. The 2K rep told me that they needed to send me a new activation code after I send them a copy of all my proofs of purchases (picture of game, CD, receipt, etc.).

I have all of this, but it's really a pain just to reinstall the game. Is it really worth their headache to field so many phone calls undoubtedly) from people who reinstalled the game on a different machine? Why don't they just limit us to 3 installs like other games do? After all, the game still requires you to have the game CD to play and I'm sure that CD is not copyable.

PS (hope I'm not in violation of board's rules) I stopped pirating games a long time ago after getting the nth virus infection on my system, each time requiring about 8 hours to set things right. Just not worth the headaches. Also got older and got a better job. $30 for the game vs. spending 8 hours reinstalling Windows. No brainer.
JWL3

Postby DondiWhite on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:40 am

Well thanks becuase this reinforced 2 thing:

1. If you change your myplayer password the account will become invisible to the game as a result you will get "2k server error", and any re-install will be "account not found" and try a new account = "key already in use".

2. If you simply want to reinstall the game you will get 2k server error, and any resintall will be "account not found" and "key already in use".

So ... if you want to reinstall or reset password DONT ... and if you do 2K need to issue you a new key.

Now, does that sound like the most backward registration/key system for a server/database bug you have ever known? It Does to me.
DondiWhite

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:43 am

I wonder of you can change your password back to what it was, will it let you connect?
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby miamiheat2010 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:56 am

same thing happened to me 2k had to give me new cd key
miamiheat2010

Postby DondiWhite on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:41 am

Yes indeed its a very poor implemented system, imagine all the new keys they need to give out rather than just fix a database error, maybe its local and game code related that they dont care to patch any time soon who knows.

I just forwarded all my info to get a new key finally.

I wonder of you can change your password back to what it was, will it let you connect?

No I did this myself, also edited string into registry to ne password, basicly as soon as you set a new password the account becomes "not found" and you will get constant 2k server error, and its not fixable. Even deleting account people have stated "key already in use" ... they know its an issue becuase all the cases ive seen so far all ended up getting new keys no matter what way it was tried to fix.
DondiWhite

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:46 pm

The weird thing is that I got this error from day one and all I did was retrieve my account. No password changing, no reinstalling (until later).
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby JWL3 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:48 pm

"I wonder of you can change your password back to what it was, will it let you connect?"

Yep, I agree. I changed my password to the same one I was using before and still won't work. Once the game is installed on your hard drive, do yourself a favor and don't change anything! Pray that you don't get a virus that requires you to reinstall the game or Windows cause you'll have to go through this mess.
JWL3

Postby JWL3 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:49 pm

Dondi, so you finally got your new key? How many days did it take from the time you sent them all your proofs of purchase? Everything working now?
JWL3

Postby DondiWhite on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:58 pm

I haven't yet.

I have had a ticket open for 1 week and its only just reached status of "processing" I only added my full information and request for new key last night to the open ticket, so I wouldn't expect much for another week.

Apparently its around 15 days response time on average.

When I do I will let you know.

Also ... once you do get a new key there are situation wheres un install does not remove old key/pw from registry here's what to do to properly un install and install with a fresh new key to make sure:

Backup all game saves etc for the sake of it and then delete them. Then run uninstall.

Afgter this run "regedit" from run menu.

Find (Its like a folder structure):

HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> 2K Sports -> NBA 2K13

If after uninstall this exists this is old myplayer name and password. Right click over "2k sports" entry and select "export" and save it somewhere to keep safe as a backup. Then delete it from "2k sports" level.

Then go to the next entry in registry (XXXXX = bunch of number that might be different per system):

HKEY_USERS -> S-1-5-21-XXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXX -> Software -> 2K Sports -> NBA 2K13

Again if this exists (it may not in which case dont worry about it) right click and export & then delete it from "2K sports" level.

Thats a complete un install of everything, again make sure %appdata% folder has been backed up with all your saves etc and removed so the game can create it all again.

Install game, it should then ask DOB and the usual register things. NOTE: setup a new email address as well so you dont try to register to a email that you had previously. Then on the register screen after date of birth entry, start a whole new account my player ID (choose a new one)/password/and use your new email and enter your new key (dont select to enter existing account).

This should then start a bran new account with your new email and new myplayer and hopefully online again if things work as 2k suggest, because it should be like a bran new install like a new game install with new non used key and account.

I posted this to someone on the official forum (as he already just got a new key) and this worked fine for him, he was installing but it wasn't asking for new key and trying to log back old account with same error (registry still had old info).

One thing I do know is when I get new key and start new account, apart from mods im not touching anything of the account ever again! :shock:
DondiWhite

Postby JWL3 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:31 am

Dondi, 2k13 just sent me a new CD key. I was able to create a new account and I'm back in business. Just to be safe, I did not use my old user name in case they decided to delete that account.

You should call them again and ask them to expedite the request. 2 weeks is way too long to wait for a new key.
JWL3

Postby DondiWhite on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:21 am

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

This prompted me to call them becuase the ticket is still the same "processing" mode and all updates were added for proof of purchase on the 14th. Called them and they saw the ticket and are now escalating.

Out of interest, do your career saves work (if you had any)? I assume you would need to start over with new myplayer?
DondiWhite

Postby JWL3 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:22 pm

Sorry, I wish I had saves to begin with. I'm usually a single player/campaign gamer, but with 2k13, I've only been playing online and with exhibition games. Last year, I went nuts and played every game through 3 seasons of my player (never got to the big contract before 2k13 was released.).

My one campaign save, I forgot to back up before formatting my HD to upgrade to Win 7.

You should not have a problem loading your season though as soon as you put your file back into the saves folder. I don't think progress gets stored on the cloud, just your user stats and ranking.
JWL3

Postby DondiWhite on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:29 am

Fortunately and due to the server error problem I have never played on online game yet so no stats to loose really. Off-line stats and career I can live without and start over TBH.

Just a waiting game for 2k now.
DondiWhite

Postby DondiWhite on Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:40 am

Just an update, after 1 day ringing them I got my new key, all business as usual for me now (Y)

So to recap, if you cant ever get back to servers with "2k server not available" error constantly if you changed myplayer password (NEVER DO IT!!!) or have reinstall and get "account not found" when logging back into your existing myplayer account after re install, you will need to get a new key from 2K. As I listed further up this thread, once you have logged the ticket with all proof info wait a few days, then call them, give advisor the ticket number and they can bump it to speed it up.

All very strange, but unfortunately true.
DondiWhite

Next

Return to NBA 2K13