The Official NBA 2K13 Q&A Thread

Talk about NBA 2K13 here.

Re: The Official NBA 2K13 Q&A Thread

Postby JaoSming on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:45 am

it just needs to be in the main folder with the iff files and such. the best way to think of those things is taking a picture in photoshop, adding a filter, but doing it on a game. So the game looks like it has more saturation, contrast, etc.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Lollo on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:01 am

Thak you JaoSming
So if I want to remove the effects,just delete the files and get back the original game.
But the fxaa...why to use it,the game has already the AA! the fxaa replaces tho original anti-aliasing (I know it's lighter for a GPU) or it adds some effects?
Lollo

Postby JaoSming on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:02 am

it can do both if you run the exe you can see the changes it can make
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Lollo on Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:34 pm

Yesterday I tried "the mlp111 ENB & sj1414 fxaa" ...beautiful!
But I wanna make some changes to the colour effects 'couse they're too deep and vivid to me.If I run the game windowed,while adjust the values of the fxaa tool, nothing changes. I need to exit the game then restart it to see the effect change. There's a way to see changes simultaneously and without exit???'couse I'm not familiar with stuff like "AA blur amount" or "techincolor amount", so I should go with a lot of attempts and it will take me some days :)
I tried to put a picture .jpeg in the fxaa folder, maybe I was able to see the changes in the picture (I know it's stupid,it needs an .exe file,but why not try...!!) and I didn't found any guide on the web that could explain me. So...is there a way?
Lollo

Postby Lollo on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:18 pm

Lollo wrote:Yesterday I tried "the mlp111 ENB & sj1414 fxaa" ...beautiful!
But I wanna make some changes to the colour effects 'couse they're too deep and vivid to me.If I run the game windowed,while adjust the values of the fxaa tool, nothing changes. I need to exit the game then restart it to see the effect change. There's a way to see changes simultaneously and without exit???'couse I'm not familiar with stuff like "AA blur amount" or "techincolor amount", so I should go with a lot of attempts and it will take me some days :)
I tried to put a picture .jpeg in the fxaa folder, maybe I was able to see the changes in the picture (I know it's stupid,it needs an .exe file,but why not try...!!) and I didn't found any guide on the web that could explain me. So...is there a way?

Ok,I 've figured out how to do,simply the game needs to run in fullscreen,not windowed!
Lollo

Postby DondiWhite on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:18 am

Another question (any response to me previous post if anyone can help?)

I assume that another feature PC does not have is custom audio? .. Right?

When I select picks from the up coming games at half time in NBA Today and win coins for my picks, are they useful anywhere? Or is the VC system left over from console that I cant use in the PC version for anything?
DondiWhite

Postby JaoSming on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:19 am

DondiWhite wrote:Another question (any response to me previous post if anyone can help?)

I assume that another feature PC does not have is custom audio? .. Right?

When I select picks from the up coming games at half time in NBA Today and win coins for my picks, are they useful anywhere? Or is the VC system left over from console that I cant use in the PC version for anything?

no and no
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby el1o on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:15 am

Right now I'm playing association with LA Lakers and I have problem with players overalls. In the Roster menu they are all normal, but when I'm in-game all of my players suddenly have about 10 boost in overall ratings... Nash is 97, Kobe and D12 is 100 overall... That's some BS, how I manage to turn that off?
el1o

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:51 am

Have you edited the game in any way, or are you using any community made mods?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby el1o on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:57 am

No i did not use any kind of mods or tried to change the game.
Here, have a sc

And as I said in the rosters before the game(or Edit Lineup menu) overalls are normal - Nash 86, Gasol 85... but in-game they become boosted up... That's BS :D
el1o

Postby DukeW74 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:09 am

Try it on Pro and see if it still happens.
DukeW74

Postby DondiWhite on Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:15 am

I haven't gone into all full modes at the moment just career and quick games/training.

I like the idea of taking control of one position on the team and the rest AI, I know this is done in my career, but are there any other modes like quick games and such that I can fix to one player on a team and not play everyone other than in career mode? Sorry if this is obvious but Im just working out modes.

EDIT: Ok Ignore, Create a legend is the one I guess.

Be nice to lock to a single player in standard quick games and NBA Today though.
DondiWhite

Postby JaoSming on Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:19 am

it goes by position, not by player. In user? settings I think you can change your preferred position and it will player lock you to playing the PG, C, etc.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby DondiWhite on Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:32 am

it goes by position, not by player. In user? settings I think you can change your preferred position and it will player lock you to playing the PG, C, etc.

I assume you mean in Career mode only right? I dont see a way to lock to a position/player in any other standard play mode/quick match/NBA today (which would be nice).

EDIT: Sorry I completely overlooked some settings under controller and as you say I found the preferred position to lock, this is great, I do like to have the option to lock to a player, now I can learn PG and focus more (Y)
DondiWhite

Postby DondiWhite on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:56 am

More questions ....

Plays ... This may seem an odd question but I realise using toolls you can force plays on for career mode which is bugged but I did wonder about this. Is there a situation in playing that plays shouldn't be used? IE: if I dont show plays in career and follow them will I get slammed via coach for it or can I be a liitlle more "creative" and break them and thats ok? IE: are plays a constant use every turnover to your position? Is it a necessity?

Its is "wong" to play without set plays in modes as a general rule of thumb? I just find it can be a bit "fly by wire" in career mode and deff standard modes than being a lillte more freestyle for PG. I guess its personal choice but I wondered if to match Real Life its the "done thng" to fix to set play calls even from coach AI for this game?
DondiWhite

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:58 pm

If your aim is to play as realistically as possible, aping NBA strategy, then you'll want to call sets. If you're getting by just fine without doing it and enjoying the game, then there's no need to change it up unless you want to try something different.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby 2KGames Addict on Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:33 am

I have a question about a glitch in my 2K13, and I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same, and if there are any other solutions.

During all times (replays, pre-game, post-game, half-time, timeout) except when I am actually controlling the player, the player names on the jersey doesn't not appear, and the numbers at the back seems to have some sort of background color different to that of the jersey. For example the Magic, and Celtics have black back number back grounds.

Secondly, I don't know how to save the camera settings for MyCareer. Everytime I start I would have to change from Parametric to Turbo.

Lastly, every time I start the game, I would need to enter my date of birth. It's becoming a tiresomeness task.

Sorry for the many questions. Thanks in advance.
2KGames Addict

Postby DondiWhite on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:10 am

(forgive me to ask this question) Is your copy of the game a full legit purchase copy? Is it steam? Or DVD install? Whats your operating system?

Seems to me you have some sort of corrupt install, to get all those problems, esp DOB every time you load, that should write to server and registry and be done once only.

Secondly, I don't know how to save the camera settings for MyCareer. Every time I start I would have to change from Parametric to Turbo.

In main menu, goto your settings and camera and set up how you like it, then go back to "home" from the menu,, you should see a big clue CDR Icon and "saving your settings" message come up briefly, that's the indication your changes are written back to settings. Or, if your mid game, goto menu, go to camera, set it up, as you back out it should pop up a message words to the effect of "would you like to save these setting after the game is finished" (something like that) ... ok it. Once the game finally ends and you see after match stats and exit you should get again the blue CDR Icon and writing to setting message (this is where it will also write back the camera settings).

I found a bug where if you have a duplicate settings file in your save games, the game will refuse to write back settings on any changes (so it all stays as it was) .. but that's the only time. Also if you have your "config.cfg" file set to read only, this will cause some odd things not to change too sometimes.

Another odd question, are you making sure you %appdata% 2k13 folder for all your saves & settings is NOT set to "read only" if you right click?
DondiWhite

Postby DondiWhite on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:21 am

Ok my question about this forum,

I use latest Firefox browser, every time I post a message I seem to get a "quick post" view. IE I have no bold/alignment/URL/Image link icons above. If I type some words and then press "preview" THEN all those icons will appear. Is it the forum itself/or my browser? I checked control panel options but didn't see anything related to it.
DondiWhite

Postby JaoSming on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:50 am

no idea, I use Chrome and have no issues. Not really something for this thread though, more for this forum viewforum.php?f=147
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:49 pm

Should be working fine in all browsers.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NastyGT on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:05 pm

Leftos, I guess you know the answer for my problem...
I took a little part in "Babyface v3 roster" by making many new portraits for active players. So, when I use Babyface roster, all players portraits are there. Then I tried official 2K roster and about 7 or 8 players portraits are CF`s (Shved, Moteiunas, Alan Anderson...). I know that their portraits are in portraits.iff/cdf file, but how to "link" players with their portraits via Roster Editor? I tried to learn it myself, but "Names" column is blank. I also found the list of their CF ID`s, but some of them are numbered 4000+ or even 8000+ and in Roster Editor there are no higher number than 2999.
Anyway, you sure know what the hell I wrote about and why I need help...
NastyGT

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:18 pm

This thread is for general questions about the base game itself. For any modding questions, use the help and requests section. If you need help with Leftos' Editor specifically, you can also post in the appropriate release/support thread.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NastyGT on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:31 pm

OK, sorry. Thanx for the info.
NastyGT

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:11 pm

No problem. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast