:PAUSED:19-11 Plan B| Phoenix Suns

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: (41-13) Plan A| 2012 All-Star Teams announced!

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:18 am

hiteshom wrote:I'm a huge fan and am loving It! Keep up the good work!

Thanks! Greatly appreciate the support
SuperHueyNewton

Re: (41-13) Plan A| 2012 All-Star Teams announced!

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:52 am

Report: 76ers acquire Cole, McGee, Pittman, and 2nd round pick

Feb. 18, 2012

Well a trade has finally happened since the hiring of Allen Iverson. And it wasn't just one trade, it was two in the same night. The Philadelphia 76ers got Norris Cole and Dexter Pittman in exchange for Gary Jackson and Jodie Meeks. They also have grabbed JaVale McGee from Denver for Nikola Vucevic.

What Does this mean?

What it means that Philadelphia's bench is going to be better overall. They have another fast, young, scoring point guard that is willing to pass paired with Lou Williams who is more of a shooting guard than a point guard. They also get two more big men to add to their flurry of guys to clog the middle. With the addition of McGee and Pittman, the Sixers now have a total of six big men to man the middle. And with McGee, he should be able to help crash boards and score well.

Analysis:

To get Norris Cole and Dextar Pittman, the 76ers gave up Jodie Meeks and Gary Jackson. Jackson surely will not be missed, he played little, and did very little when it came to offense or defense, so it is a win for Philadelphia. With Meeks, he didn't have that many minutes, but that gives the Miami Heat another three points scoring option. But also takes away one of their own, so Leandro Barbosa will now have to carry more weight to get big shots. I also don't see Dexter Pittman playing that much. Right now the 76ers have too much size to give him any playtime at the moment, but we'll see.

In the trade with Denver. All Philadelphia gave up was Nikola Vucevic for JaVale McGee and a second round draft pick. I'll talk about the draft pick first. Yes, it is a second round pick, but this year's draft is extremely deep. Seeing how Denver is doing, they could grab wingman Dione Waiters from Syracuse. Or whoever else is available on draft night. What is surprising is that the Denver front office seems to covet Vucevic. Who, frankly, isn't that good. And to give up McGee, who is much better, and a pick, they must see something in him the coach Doug Collins didn't.

McGee was coming off of a blacktop game he was playing alongside Vucevic when he heard the news. "I was moved to Philly? Really? Wow, that was unexpected I would have to say. I mean it is my third team in two years so it is kind of disappointing. I do hope to make a statement there and call that place my home." Vucevic was unavailable for questions.

Norris Cole was actually already outside of Wells Fargo center by the time I found him. He told me, "Yeah, I'm really excited to be hear, you know? This team is great, I was traded early in my career but I was and will be taught by great players and coaches like Dwayne Wade and Doug Collins. This is an extremely exciting moment for me and I can't wait to suit up next week."

Turner Sports
Marvin Mars is Turner Sports' main analyst in the NBA Draft and news reporter for the Philadelphia 76ers. He used to work for NBC and ESPN until coming to Turner Sports to become a feature columnist. He hasn't slacked off of his work all season and continues to post the latest news for the Philadelphia 76ers. Follow his Twitter here. Hey! He's got a Facebook now. Like his page.
SuperHueyNewton

@ Houston

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:38 pm

Houston allows 72 points inside en route to loss
No defense tonight

AP- Feb. 22, 2012| Houston, TX

Break out the alternates and capture the fast breaks was the only thing on Philly's mind today. They were able to sweep this series after beating Houston back in November. This time they were able to hand out a blowout.

Let's start with Houston's defense, non-existent. Evan Turner may have had five turnovers tonight but the Rockets' shot defense was horrid. They allowed a total of seventy two points inside the paint alone and allowed the 76ers to shoot almost 60% from the field. All game they were able to score, they just couldn't stop Philadelphia from scoring their own.

A key performance came from JaVale McGee, only his second game as a Philadelphia 76er, he was able to get his first double-double with that jersey on. He collected eleven rebounds as well as getting nineteen points. Philadelphia used the pick and roll a lot in order for him to get easy buckets inside and I suspect the method will continue all the way to the end of the season. Norris Cole was also able to come off the bench and score twelve points himself in just 12 minutes.

This is the last game for the Philadelphia 76ers until the trade deadline passes and the All-Star break finally begins with the Rookie-Sophomore challenge. Turner is starting for the the Sophomores as well as coming off the bench in the All-Star game. Quick stardom for the guard.

POTG: Evan Turner
35 points, 2 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks

Turner Sports
Marvin Mars is Turner Sports' main analyst in the NBA Draft and news reporter for the Philadelphia 76ers. He used to work for NBC and ESPN until coming to Turner Sports to become a feature columnist. He hasn't slacked off of his work all season and continues to post the latest news for the Philadelphia 76ers. Follow his Twitter here. Hey! He's got a Facebook now. Like his page.

Post-Game stats
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -08-67.png
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -09-26.png
SuperHueyNewton

Rookie Sophmore Sneak Peak

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:43 am

phpBB [video]

All-Star weekend coming soon! Take a look at the intro and the starting lineups!
SuperHueyNewton

Re: (43-13) Plan A| 2012 All-Star Teams announced!

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:57 am

'Ours to lose'
Rookies come out with win against second year players

AP- Orlando, FL| Feb. 24. 2012

phpBB [video]

The 2011-2012 Rookie class beat out the 2010-2011 Rookie class this year in a score of 79-68, the lowest score of this game. The reason the score was so low this year is that there was suffocating defense played on both sides of the ball. at the half, neither team was shooting over 50% and neither team had more than fifty points, the norm on All-Star weekend.

phpBB [video]

Some impressive performances came out of Brandon Knight and Kemba Walker who combined for just 29 points together but put things together while on the court to help with the guard situation since Kyrie Irving, who ended with just five points struggled. Walker played the point for most of the second half while Knight was at the wing. Both were able to turn in their good performances in the second half and Kemba made a good case to be the game's MVP.

The final two quarters is when the Rookies told themselves, "This is our game." They pushed their shooting percentage to fifty percent, went on multiple runs, and never looked back. The game pretty much became a highlight reel for them as the were able to escape with a win for their draft class.

phpBB [video]

"I'm not mad at myself," Evan Turner told reports after the game. "We may not have won, but we pretty much took that game to pretty far lengths. Leading at the half, we started to get cocky I guess and we just let it go. I'm more ready for the All-Star game more than anything though, so that should be pretty exciting."

"Man we turned that thing out!" Kemba Walker told Marv Albert after the game. "Late in the game, we made it ours to lose, so I'm pretty happy about how it turned out. I can't wait to see who the MVP is though."

Game Reel

Tristan Thompson slams it home on fastbreak

Blake Griffin demolishes rim and Morris

phpBB [video]

Brandon Knight makes Rondo impression

Thompson on the Tip-Slam

Turner stretching the D

phpBB [video]

Brooks Buzzer Beater

POTG

phpBB [video]

ESPN
Ernie Simms is a new reporter for ESPN and follows the Southeast division of the NBA. He had no prior jobs similar to ESPN networking but has done a good job at doing it though. Follow his Twitter here. He's been messin' with Tumbler. Follow his page.

Post-Game Stats
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -50-52.png
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -48-85.png
SuperHueyNewton

Re: (43-13) Plan A| Rookie Sophomore Game

Postby Radioman on Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:19 pm

Looking forward to the All Star Game. :wink:
Radioman

Re: (43-13) Plan A| Rookie Sophomore Game

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:46 am

Radioman wrote:Looking forward to the All Star Game. :wink:

Me too, I'm going to play that one. Watching the Rookie-Sophomore game was sooooo boring. I can't wait to use Evan Turner and represent the East.
SuperHueyNewton

We're at the break

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:24 pm

Man All-Star weekend is great! Almost everyone is treated like royalty, five star hotels. First class flights to Orlando, you get to see some of your closest friends. This is the weekend of the NBA! Even Huey Newton was given special treatment. GMs from around the league who didn't even have players attending some of the events were still treated with the utmost respect when they arrived as well.

Huey was back in his hotel room at the Buena Vista Palace after the three-point contest when he got a visit from some surprising figures. He opened his door to see Joshua Harris followed by Michael Jordan waltz straight into the room.

Joshua Harris: Hey Huey! Having a good time?

Huey Newton: Yo Mr. Harris, MJ! Cool to see you guys show up, is the league paying for your stay here too?

Michael Jordan: Of course not! We own NBA teams, we just booked our own rooms here. We wanted to talk to you about some things really quick, if you don't mind.

Newton: All right come on in.

They all walked into the main interior and crashed on the couch to turn on the flat-screen 60 inch Samsung to ESPN, which was still recapping the three point contest.

Jordan: I thought for sure Anthony Morrow was going to win the contest. It was a nice testament wearing that old-school Nets jersey.

Harris: If I was a betting man, my money would have been on Kevin Love the whole time.

Newton: You know you're lying, you were Ryan Anderson the whole way because of his shooting percentage. Anyhow, what did you guys want to talk about?

Jordan: It's gotta be about the shoes.

Newton: Come again?

Jordan: Well since Evan Turner has a shoe deal with Nike, I wanted to let him design his own pair of custom Jordans for the game. Doesn't matter what shoe, he could go Air Force Ones or CP3 IVs for all I care.

Newton: Well why are you talking to me? Why haven't you asked ET about this?

Harris: Turner has been partying since the Rookie challenge, we haven't been able to find him.

Newton starts to think about this while, like on cue, SportsCenter starts to talk about the shoes they'll expect to see in a day and a half. Jordan and Harris are listening closely to the program and almost forgets about Huey before he finally speaks.

Newton: Well since we're at the break. Why not get the fans involved with this? Put it on NBA.com, Bobcats.com, 76ers.com. Let's get the fans into it.

Jordan: I like that idea, maybe we'll give the winner a pair of their own after they design 'em. That's a pretty good suggestion.

Harris: Well I'll try to contact E.T. again, see if he's up for such a thing. In the mean time, we'll get on this competition. See who the lucky winner is.

Both men leave Newton alone with his big-screen TV. He turns the channel to Cartoon Network which is now playing Adult Swim's Robot Chicken.

Newton: Not a bad idea if I do say so myself
SuperHueyNewton

Competition Time!

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:37 pm

Alright here we go.

Its competition time and I'm letting you guys know a few things. It is still not too late to apply for the draft first off. Second, you'll have to break out your old copy of 2K12 that is collecting dust. My contest is to see who can design the best Jordan's for the All-Star game to go on Evan Turner's feet. The winner will get his/her own article written about their shoe in particular and the winner will also be able to bump up three of their attributes by five points.

Whatever design you have. Just post it hear and write what colors were used to make it and what shoe you used. If you downloaded a shoe to create the Jordan, paste the link too. Runner-ups will just have their shoe on any player I choose and allowed to bump up just one attribute by just three points.

Again here are the rules:
    Jordan must be in NBA 2K12
    If shoe is downloaded, paste link in post
    Must post photo of shoe on this forum
    Deadline is Christmas day
    Must specify what Jordan you are using

That is it, hopefully I'll have a good turn out from this and I hope to see some creativity. Winners will be announced a day after Christmas.
SuperHueyNewton

Re: (43-13) Plan A| Chapter 8: We're at the break + Competit

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:57 am

Guess The event will have to be canceled since I didn't get a single turnout
SuperHueyNewton

It's the Kicks!

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:32 am

It's The Kicks! Pt. 1
We're taking a look at some of the shoes we expect to see at this year's All-Star Game

It's about that time. Players take out their signature shoes and put a ridiculous color palette on them for the famous All-Star game. Some players have let the fans know what shoe their going to be wearing. Lets take a look at the ones we know about now. We will see the West in part 2 This list will primarily go by the lineups listed on NBA.com's website.

First up East:

Shooting Guard: Dwayne Wade

D-Wade staying loyal keeping the Heat's colorway on his shoes. Not much to talk about this one, coming out with his Jordan Fly Wade.

Small Forward: Carmelo Anthony

Melo wearing his M8s but made them look completely confusing putting blue and gold on them. Got to give hime credit for being unique with this shoe though.

Power Forward: Josh Smith

Josh Smith's crazy lights look like the Mcdonalds sign with blue paint thrown at it. Not sure where the yellow came from on this shoe either. It looks gross really.

Center: Dwight Howard

Dwight staying loyal also using his Magic colorway. Since the game is being hosted by his team, the shoe just seems right being the only Magic player to make the game.

Backup Point Guard: Deron Williams

D-Will put the old Nets colors on his shoes to represent the old New Jersey/York Nets of the the past.

Backup Shooting Guard: Evan Turner

D-Wade's rival Evan Turner pulled out red white and blue Air force ones to wear for this event. Not sure how long it took to come up with the colors, seconds maybe?

Backup Small Forward: Wilson Chandler

Wilson Chandler comes out with a shoe representing the east, with again, yellow out of no where. Did the players collaborate when they designed their shoes?

Backup Power Forward: Antawn Jamison

Jamison letting everyone know that he plays for the one and only Cleveland Cavaliers. This gold goes with his shoes because we know he already plays for the Cavs. Not the Knicks, nor the 76ers.

Backup Center:Andrea Bargnani

Andrea Bargnani comes out with T-Macs. T-MACS! I don't even know how he got his hands on this shoe but it is a good choice being the first Raptor to make it to the show for a long while.

Backup Small Forward: LeBron James

LBJ with shoes that look like they are representing the West, but nonetheless they look pretty cool.

Backup Shooting Guard: Monta Ellis

Monta sporting mostly blue kicks wanting people to know he is proud to be in the game and part of the East.
SuperHueyNewton

Re: (43-13) Plan A| Chapter 8: We're at the break

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:28 am

Its the kicks! Pt 2
No we look at the Western kicks

Welcome back! We saw some puzzling shoes and impressing shoes from the East. Now we're looking at their Western adversaries and their shoes.

Point Guard: Russel Westbrook

Russel throwing orange and red on his shoes. The colors of the Western conference. This shoe completely works for the team he's gearing up for.

Shooting Guard: Kobe Bryant

Kobe's shoes look like there's a parade in session on them. These shoes look fun and bright, perfect for All-Star weekend.

Small Forward: Kevin Durant

The second starter coming from Oklahoma City. Durant's shoes look sleek with the metal but it is slightly confusing to put that teal on the shoe since it is really unnecessary. Other than that, good shoe.

Power Forward: Andre Iguodala

Iggy staying loyal to his Nuggets squad putting blue and gold on his Kobe III shoes.

Center: Tim Duncan

One of the three Spurs to make the team, Tim Duncan sporting his on pair of adiPowers with red and black on the three stripes. Another Good shoe for the Western Conference.

Backup Point Guard: Stephen Curry

Steph Curry's shoes look nice, going with the red and orange going along the colors of the West. This type of coloring is becoming a sort of a trend for the Western players, it isn't a bad idea though.

Backup Shooting Guard: Manu Ginobili

Two of the three Spurs to make the team. Manu's shoes look like a McDonald's sign too. This shoe just looks funny to be trying to wear out in public let alone the All-Star game, well its his choice anyway.

Backup Small Forward: Stephen Jackson

The third and final Spur to make the team. Jackson chose to make his Jordan's completely red. It isn't unsightly either. I like to see that he is proud to be a part of his first All-Star game in his career.

Backup Point Guard: Chris Paul

Chris Paul, the only other Clipper to make it looks great with his black and white shoes. He wore these on his Christmas day game and it is still pretty nice to see these shoes to come out again.

Backup Point Guard: Ramon Sessions

I have many words to say about this shoe. What was Sessions thinking? These shoes look gross, stupid, idiotic. Wait, that means the same thing. Anyway, why did he combine red with purple? This isn't a shoe I would be proud to wear at all.

Well everyone that is all the All-Star shoes we will be privileged to seeing this year. Several look good, and several look bad, the two worse in my opinion are Josh Smith's shoe and Roman Sessions' shoe. That is it for me. I am Ernie Simms for ESPN, see you again later.

ESPN
Ernie Simms is a new reporter for ESPN and follows the Southeast division of the NBA. He had no prior jobs similar to ESPN networking but has done a good job at doing it though. Follow his Twitter here. He's been messin' with Tumbler. Follow his page.
SuperHueyNewton

Re: (43-13) Plan A| Chapter 8: We're at the break

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:32 am

Last two previews of the All-Star game before I finally play it. Starting lineups and overall:

SuperHueyNewton

All-Star Game

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:00 am

All-Star Scores
Both Teams got high in the triple digits in this years' All-star game

AP- Orlando, FL| Feb. 26, 2012

This years' All-Star game didn't fail to impress the fans going well into the one hundreds scoring range before the final buzzer. It was an exciting game filled with a wealth of highlights.
phpBB [video]

In this year's game, many expected Dwayne Wade and Kobe Bryant to battle it out for the majority of the game. Only problem was, Wade couldn't stay consistent against Kobe's D. So he was benched by Eastern Head Coach Doug Collins and replaced with MVP hopeful Evan Turner. Turner came into the second quarter full of energy, but full of turnovers also, I will address that soon. He dished out four of his seven assist and quickly caught up with Kobe in points and helped keep Kobe contained while he was in. Turner was certainly hoping to one-up Kobe again, he did just that by getting another win on him.

Carmelo Anthony was not to be ignored most of the game either, he dropped in 25 points of his own, hitting five threes in the process. Kevin Durant wanted in on the action Melo was getting so he also turned in 24 points and hitting his own 3 three pointers. KD, Kobe, Melo, and E.T. were the games highest scorers all night, but they also struggled in a different department.

In the All-Star game, you would surely hope to see a lot of thrown Alley-Oops, and that is what happened. But not all of them were able to connect, both teams struggled with turnovers with a combined amount of 48 turnovers, mostly coming from badly timed alley-oops. Kobe ended up getting three steals and Evan Turner ended up getting six steals from these ill-thrown lobs.

phpBB [video]

The second half was just as high paced, that was when Melo and Turner just went crazy from three hitting many in a row without missing. It helped cushion the lead for the East and they road it all the Way to the final quarter. Evan Turner still turning in a magnificent forth, playing all of it and dishing out his final two assists, four of his nine rebounds, and nabbing the ball twice. This was a dreamlike opportunity for the second-year player, and he took it for all of its worth.

Kobe Bryant had nothing but nice things to say about Turner. "The kid's holding his own in this league now. He was able to out-do me again and took that win from us. He'll be a special player in this league no doubt."

Doug Collins also had a few statements. "The battle between Turner and Kobe was one to remember, these guys are great players and they demonstrated that so easily by going bonkers and getting more than thirty points each. I'm proud to be a part of the game this year."

The lights finally go down, the stages put up, fan festivities are finally over. All-Star weekend takes a break until next year where it will be located in Houston. This has been a great weekend with Kevin Love taking the Three-Point Crown, Jeremy Evans, the Dunk Maestro. The Rookies beating out the Sophomores. And the East getting one over the West. I can't wait for the excitement to return, talk to you later sports fans.

Western MVP:

phpBB [video]

All-Star MVP

phpBB [video]

ESPN
SuperHueyNewton

Re: (43-13) Plan A| All Star Game!!

Postby Woogie98 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:20 am

WOW!!! E.T almost pulling off a triple double..but it is the all-star game so there is no defence played :cry:
***SNEAKERHEADS UNITE***
Woogie98

Re: (43-13) Plan A| All Star Game!!

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:23 am

Woogie98 wrote:WOW!!! E.T almost pulling off a triple double..but it is the all-star game so there is no defence played :cry:

Man you talk about defense, six steals is plenty defense lol
SuperHueyNewton

Twitter sound off

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:35 pm

Twitter sound off
We're taking a look at a few tweets from last night's All-Star game

Just a day after the All-Star game, fans were left in awe after an amazing breakout performance by Evan Turner that nearly gave him a triple double in the All-Star game coming off the bench. Now, I'm going to show you some tweets we saw during the game.

Jameer Nelson posting his excitement for his fellow Magic player wishing him and his teammates luck. Dwight Howard, though is causing problems in Orlando asking, then giving up, then asking, then giving up with trade request this year. It is nice to see that Jameer is still routing for one of his pals.

STAT started to state his displease with the lack of D from the West. No, no he wasn't he was excited for swingman Carmelo Anthony who wasn't resting all night against his western counterparts.

Lou Will shouting out Evan Turner, who played like a man on a mission against the West top players. Even rubbing it in Kobe Bryant's face too.

Gallinari, an Eastern player, defended some Western players who were doing well, but just weren't given sufficient amount of help from the Superstars supporting them.

ESPN laying down some fact that only viewers not watching the game would understand. Of course they were the only two with more than fifteen points heading into the final quarter. They were the only two hitting.

That's it for now, tune in for Philadelphia's next game which is in the Palace of Auburn Hills in Detroit for their next Eastern Conference battle.
SuperHueyNewton

Re: (43-13) Plan A| Done

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:31 pm

I'm sorry, I am going to have to finish this story because I no longer find 2K12 any fun anymore. I'll keep the draft information people have sent me if I ever begin a new association story, but this one is finished. It did start off as fun, but 2K12 just doesn't seem as good as 11 or 13. If I do pick up a new 2K on PC again, I will surely start another story.

Ignore what you see above! This is continuing!!!
Last edited by SuperHueyNewton on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Hiteshom on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:58 pm

I liked it though, thanks for the entertainment!!
Hiteshom

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:01 am

It was good while it lasted (Y) Hopefully you'll return with a 2K13 story!
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Radioman on Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:48 pm

Let me know if you start a new one. I always liked your stories. :wink:
Radioman

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:01 am

I'm thinking i want to pick this back up, but I'm not really sure what team i should use, if anyone is interested. Shout out some teams that would be a good idea, I'll sim to the end of the season and start from there
SuperHueyNewton

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:44 am

Okay, i will pick this back up, will try to sift through which teams I'll begin using soon
SuperHueyNewton

Chapter 9: New beginning

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:39 am

Wow what a heck of a year:

Kyrie Irving won the Rookie of the Year by a landslide; Mike Conley took home the Sixth man of the year being reliable as the energy man for Brooklyn; Josh Smith DOMINATED inside and was handed the Defensive player of the year award; E.T. brought home the Most Improved Player award and the MVP and Doug took the Coach of the year award also; Kobe was even able to tie with M.J., getting his sixth ring in a row against the Celtics.

But above all else. I got fired.

It wasn't for under performance at all. The 76ers had one of the best records in the East. The only reason I was fired is because Josh Harris finally got what he wanted and had me booted after a we made it all the way to the Eastern Conference finals and finally got booted out by the Boston Celtics. I stormed out of that building screaming out every curse word I knew. How could the fire me? I built this team that went this far!

Doesn't matter though. As soon as the offseason began, teams started blasting my pocket loud for my services. I tracked it down all the way down to the Suns and the Raptors. Both teams, of course have a long way to go in the rebuilding perspective, both teams finished close to the bottom of their conferences. I met up with the Raptors first, then headed for my meeting out in Phoenix. Only catch though? Guess who called telling me he was also up for the assistant general manager job.

A.I.: Yo, Huey! Guess who got hired as the assistant gm for the Phoenix Suns!?

Huey: Oh no...

A.I.: What? Anyway, it was me man! Aren't you coming in the take the gm job?

Huey: Of course! As long as you don't have as much power as you did in Philly!

A.I.: Listen man, I had as much power as you did in Philly, this team though, I don't have the faith of the owners on me so I won't be given anywhere close to as much power as before.

Huey: Then consider this team at the top of my list! I'll be in Arizona soon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Signing the papers were simple enough, "Ensure this team is successful, yada yada yada." Then everything was done. The hard parts hadn't even gotten close to difficult yet, except when the owner, Robert Sarver started asking questions.

Sarver: So the draft is fast approaching, what do you plan on doing first?

My first instinct would have been to say, "The hell I look like, a genie? -Explicit- if I know, but of course I thought of something that I hope will save me.

Huey: Well first, we have to get some of the big contracts, like Nash off the books, if we want to make ANY moves this offseason.

Sarver: You're really considering moving Nash?

Huey: Of course, you seriously think I'm gonna let that old guy sit on the bench and take up valuable amounts of money?

Sarver: That's exactly what I was trying to preach to the last GM we had, but noooo. Nash is just too valuable, more valuable to this team. Just listen to me Huey, the move better be good, better draw headlines, and better help us in the upcoming years, you understand?

Huey: Got it boss, ready for the lottery?

The old goon happily smiled at me

Sarver: Hope we roll Perkins
SuperHueyNewton

Re: Plan B| Phoenix Suns Ch. 9 out

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:45 am

The Phoenix Suns, once a great team in the West who couldn't get over the hump in the West, appeared to have a just severe breakdown last season going 26-56 and giving them the second worst record in the West. So after the recent hiring of new general manager Huey Newton, what is the future of this team? Many players are close to free agency like Michael Redd. One of the main things fans are concerned about is All-Star point guard, Steve Nash.

Nash averaged about 17.9 PPG and about 7.8 APG in 33.7 MPG. Of course at his old age, Nash won't be able to perform so well in the near future, and with such a stacked draft, Nash is tradeable at this point. With basically no team in the top five lottery picks needing a point guard, the Suns may have to settle. Here are the odds for every team inside the lottery:

Rolling the first or second pick for the Suns would be a huge lift for the Suns by potentially drafting Euroleague Champion Derrick Perkins and NCAA Champion Anthony Davis. Davis would be a better fit for the Suns as their Power Forward spot is weak. Markieff Morris can stretch the floor well, but he really isn't starting material. Davis could more than make up for that with his arm length, shot blocking, and shooting giving him such an advantage.

Of course after seeing the odds, we are presented with the results of the draft. Here they are, followed by the main results:

The results remained close to exactly the same,with the Raptors staying at #3 and the Kings rolling the #1 overall pick. Phoenix swapped places with the Bucks to almost guaranteeing them drafting Anthony Davis. So whats next? I expect Nash to be traded soon for another draft pick, or a young point, Anthony Davis to be taken second overall, and the Suns to actually make some noise in free agency with names coming off the books and several trade rumors.
SuperHueyNewton

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood