:PAUSED:19-11 Plan B| Phoenix Suns

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Vs Brooklyn

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:28 am

Wire to Wire finish
Philadelphia flatout dismantles Brooklyn

AP-Philadelphia, PA| Jan. 30, 2012

The Philadelphia 76ers were able to get another convincing victory over the lowly Brooklyn Nets tonight. The 76ers were pretty much able to grab this game by the throat early during the first quarter. Philadelphia was able to come out fast and kept the momentum they captured by hitting a buzzer beater at the end of the quarter to give them thirty points. In the second quarter it was more of the same. Though both teams defense wasn't good. The Sixers offense was able to capitalize more getting 59 points before the half.

Evan Turner was putting on yet another outstanding performance getting 10 assists while in the third quarter with some of the other main scorers getting breathes. At the end of the game he got one more assist and 33 points. Wilson Chandler was also a facilitator getting enough connections for 7 assists of his own and also nabbing a steal in part of the victory. Danilo Gallinari had 16 points and Louis Williams had 18.

The game got worse early for Brooklyn as DeShawn Stevenson went down holding his back after missing a three. It was later revealed that he hurt his back and was diagnosed with a lower back strain. In the early portion of the third quarter. the Sixers got another taste of the bitterness of an injury as Gary Jackson, Philadelphia's backup point guard got up slowly holding his shoulder. Kevin Johnson, Philadelphia's trainer, told reporters that Jackson suffered a bruised sternum. The 76ers will be without their only backup PG for a little while and might have to do something to right it.

POTG: Evan Turner

Thanks for following the 76ers as they continue their phenomenal season. The monthly recap should be up soon and the mock draft shall also be up soon.

Turner Sports
Marvin Mars is Turner Sports' main analyst in the NBA Draft and news reporter for the Philadelphia 76ers. He used to work for NBC and ESPN until coming to Turner Sports to become a feature columnist. He hasn't slacked off of his work all season and continues to post the latest news for the Philadelphia 76ers. Follow his Twitter here. Hey! He's got a Facebook now. Like his page.

Post-game stats
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -26-70.jpg
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -27-48.jpg
SuperHueyNewton

Re: (34-11) Plan A| Surprise pt. 2

Postby Radioman on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:30 pm

Wow, i think i missed i lot because i was not active on this board for the last 2 months. Looks like you finally found your team and Chandler + Turner are really rocking the League!

Btw those graphics and screenshots you use are awesome. (Y)
Radioman

Re: (34-11) Plan A| Surprise pt. 2

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:41 am

This is looking neat (Y) Keep it up man!
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Talkin to the people again!

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:10 am

Radioman wrote:Wow, i think i missed i lot because i was not active on this board for the last 2 months. Looks like you finally found your team and Chandler + Turner are really rocking the League!

Btw those graphics and screenshots you use are awesome. (Y)

Thanks a lot man! Yeah, those two are just great for this team, it is extremely rare that I can't go a few games without dominating with one or the other. And my photos, gotta love playin on PC without the replay thing in your way!

Thierry • wrote:This is looking neat (Y) Keep it up man!

Glad to hear that you like it!

I'm glad to hear comments from some of the people that inspired me to start writing this. I will have my monthly recap, mock draft, and game against the Clippers up soon! Also, before the game against the Clippers, I will have to find some type of replacement for Gary Jackson, he's hurt and I need another backup point guard. So, I might end up trading Jodie Meeks, or Nikola Vucevic, or possibly both because I don't use either that often. And for those still watching, thanks for viewing!
SuperHueyNewton

January Recap

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:15 am

Feb. 1, 2012

The Philadelphia 76ers continue their quest for a NBA title as another month rolls by. They went 14-3 this month losing to the lesser Pacers and Wizards. It doesn't seem like it is worth much concern because they have shown flat out dominance against other teams like the rival Bobcats and the Brooklyn Nets.

All-Star votes still seem to go the Sixers way as Evan Turner is forth in guard department for the East. He currently has 1,056,183 votes and if he can keep his play up for the next view games. We may be looking at a second year All-Star. Something that doesn't happen much either. Wilson Chandler is also forth in the forward position, but holds more votes than Turner. He has 1,143,419 votes on his name. Two All-stars from one team doesn't happen that much either so let's hope with all our might, that he gets into that game.

In the award races. Evan Turner lead the MVP race with Wilscon Chandler right on his tail. Who knew that these two would even be on a MVP ballot, let alone leading? Evan Turner is also in the top runner for the Most Improved player of the year, which makes a lot of sense. When you struggle as a rookie your first year and play better the LeBron or Kobe the next, you deserve that award.

There is one question though, what will the Sixers do about the lack of a backup point guard? Gary Jackson is out at least two weeks and he was the only backup. So GM Huey Newton will finally be able to finalize a trade to find a replacement. Who do you thinks is going to be moved, and for who?

Well that is it for now, I will be posting soon the Mock Draft very shortly, thanks for viewing and speak to you next time.

Turner Sports
Marvin Mars is Turner Sports' main analyst in the NBA Draft and news reporter for the Philadelphia 76ers. He used to work for NBC and ESPN until coming to Turner Sports to become a feature columnist. He hasn't slacked off of his work all season and continues to post the latest news for the Philadelphia 76ers. Follow his Twitter here. Hey! He's got a Facebook now. Like his page.
SuperHueyNewton

Mock Draft Feb

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:16 am

Feb. 1, 2012

Hello again sports fans! Its Marvin Mars again today back with a NBA Lottery Mock Draft for the month of February. There hasn't been that much changing in the shape of the draft in the last few months, but there's still going to be a recap. And again, here is my key:

-The numbers in parentheses means that is where the player was expected to go last month.
- With player that have "-" inside parentheses means that their value hasn't changed any.
-^ Means they have rose to this list and are new favorites to make it into the lottery.
- The name in the "Team" section indicates the team that player competes on.

And here is the list.

One of the biggest move ups were Riley Gisseman who has broken out in the NCAA as the year winds down. Now the players that have moved out of the potential lottery:
Tomas Satornasky
Bradly Beal

Beal wasn't expected to go that high only dropping back one spot away from being inside of the lottery. Satoransky however, was expected to go top ten when dominating in the Czech Republic at the start of the year, but has slowed way down and is expected to go late teens, early twenties.

Now the players that have shot into the potential lottery:
Riley Gisseman
Marquis Teague

Riley Gisseman really broke out recently, he has been looking great recently getting himself into the top ten. Any team willing to grab him early should do it if they want this scoring guard. Teague has seen himself go in and out of the lottery complimenting his teamates Kidd-Gilchrist and Davis. He hasn't really impressed but might see himself rising up still

Jeremy Lamb adds weight

In the beginning of the college season, Lamb only weighed about 185 pounds. Since he is playing the 2-guard, he added weight. He now weighs in at 206 pounds. The extra wight also seems to be muscle, not fat. And it has shown helping him stay at the top of the NCAA.

Anthony Davis still having trouble getting 2

He is looking great, but is having trouble to look better than the others. Perry Jones is looking consistent again, and Andre Drummond is leading the NCAA in both rebounds and blocks. He simply can't get a break over these two to be considered the top two player in the Nation.

Harrison Barnes doesn't look like a fluke

After deciding to stay a second year playing in North Carolina, experts were saying he would look a lot worse. So far he's proving them wrong. He has scored the most points this season, though not leading in scoring. So far he averages about 20.9 points a game and is looking consistent as ever. He is definitely worth a top 5 pick this year.

Thanks for viewing this months lottery recap. Stay tuned to Thursday as the Clippers take on the 76ers.

Turner Sports
Last edited by SuperHueyNewton on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperHueyNewton

Re: (34-11) Plan A| Recap/Mock Draft

Postby Hiteshom on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:23 pm

Glad to see I'm now in the top 10 of draft prospects, I look to finish my season with BYU strong.
Hiteshom

Postby Povilas3 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:52 am

I'm almost forget about this , some time , but im back in NLSC ;) Would be nice to see Draft "Live translation" (maybe a video) Because it's getting closer , Turner is a BEAST , could you make some info about team leaders ? :)
Povilas3

Postby Radioman on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:35 am

Tyler Rooks is going to be a steal at 11, he could become a franchise player. :lol:

Nice performance in January 14-3 is really good.
Radioman

More people talk :P

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:02 am

hiteshom wrote:Glad to see I'm now in the top 10 of draft prospects, I look to finish my season with BYU strong.

Yeah he seems to be expected to go pretty high, looks well for him right now

Povilas3 wrote:I'm almost forget about this , some time , but im back in NLSC ;) Would be nice to see Draft "Live translation" (maybe a video) Because it's getting closer , Turner is a BEAST , could you make some info about team leaders ? :)

Yeah, good idea to do the league leaders, I'll be doing that today before I play this game

Radioman wrote:Tyler Rooks is going to be a steal at 11, he could become a franchise player. :lol:

Nice performance in January 14-3 is really good.

I was scouting this guy as soon as he declared for the draft. He is actually expected to be taken earlier than his stock suggests.

All righty people one more thing before I go. Since I play high paced , but want to slow it down now. I will be raising my minutes to 10. Because I'm going to be calling more plays
SuperHueyNewton

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:49 am

No article for this one but check out the League Leaders!

SuperHueyNewton

Carlos Arroyo Signing

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:45 am

Report: Philadelphia 76ers sign PG Carlos Arroyo

Feb. 3, 2012

Instead of going out into the trade market as expected. Huey Newton instead signed Carlos Arroyo as the Philadelphia 76ers backup point guard. He was signed for the rest of the season on a salary of $663K. Gary Jackson went down with a bruised sternum against the Brooklyn Nets and will be out for the next few weeks, he will be replaced with Arroyo for the time being. Arroyo might even be better than Jackson so he could start taking a bulk of the minutes Jackson once withheld.

Carlos Arroyo has not been able to find a team willing to take him since last year after being waved by the Miami Heat, then signed, but not resigned by the Boston Celtics. This may be his chance to keep steady ground again.Arroyo is expected to make his official debut for the 76ers tonight against the Clippers

Turner Sports
SuperHueyNewton

The second unit

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:30 pm

Second Unit takeover
Philadelphia's bench helped propel them to another win tonight

AP- Feb. 3, 2012| Philadelphia, PA

In another game ending in blowout fashion, the Philadelphia 76ers find themselves on the winning side again with victory over the Los Angelas Clippers. It started off as the same old, really competitive game that neither team could grasp the lead for very long. But this time, the lead grew quicker for Philadelphia as their bench players did great tonight. The bench squad was able to rack in 34 points together with Carlos Arroyo leading them all with 12 points, 5 assists. Talk about a debut.

Arroyo looked great out there

As the game wore on, defense was scarce by Los Angelas, it appeared that many of their players were starting to get tired from all the Philadelphia fast breaks. The Sixers ended the game with 18 fastbreak points. One of the only bright sides tonight for the Clippers came from Caron Butler as he poured in 25 while barely missing a shot. But still the third quarter was all Philadelphia, especially for Chandler.

Chandler started the third quarter with 11 points, not really playing bad, but didn't see the ball in his hands that often for most of the night. But Chandler led his team to a long run that would give him 19 points before the end of the third. To top off the third, Lou Williams dribbled up on Chris Paul and hit a buzzer beating three giving he 76ers an 11 point lead. In the third quarter, there was also a minor injury on Philly star Evan Turner. Turner was hit hard by power forward Blake Griffin and landed on his knee. It was only a sore knee that had previously been giving him trouble, but wasn't much, though he played a lot less after that.

Turner appeared severely hurt

In the forth was when the bench players really started to impress. Suppressing the Clippers offense and embarrassing their D. They went on another run that put this game away.

Carlos Arroyo's questions poured in early after his first game as a Sixer. "I like what this team is doing right now to win, if we keep on blowing out teams like this every night, who's going to stop us in the playoffs? We're truly a complete team and no one can argue about that. I hope to have future performances as good as this one often."

Evan Turner was also bombarded with questions regarding his All-Star candidacy. "I'm exciting, I hope the folks at home are texting 'E.T.' on their phones to the NBA voting thing, I hope to be a household name a take this team to a title with games like this."

The Philadelphia 76ers will now travel to Atlanta to play the Hawks then come back home Tuesday to bring in the Los Angelas Lakers. Two LAs in two weeks. Let's go Sixers!

30 points, 11 assists, 2 rebounds

Turner Sports

Post-Game stats
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -48-20.jpg
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -47-36.jpg
SuperHueyNewton

Re: (36-12) Plan A| The Second Unit

Postby Radioman on Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:26 pm

Turner and Chandler awesome again, and a nice start for Arroyo. (Y)
Radioman

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:30 am

Just saw this one man, don't stop this! (Y)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Hiteshom on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:13 am

Can't wait for next year, wanna see myself play
Hiteshom

BEAT LA!!

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:17 am

The whole Sixers squad is returning from their game against the Atlanta Hawks after just recently departing the plane choosing to stay in Atlanta to practice. Everyone is waiting by each other at their gate, Newton isn't sure why Turner is standing so close, but doesn't ask, when someone greets him, Newton can't tell who but he looks familiar. He and the team walks away with Turner talking. Newton doesn't make much sense of it but ignores it as he is greeted by head owner Joshua Harris and Newton's "beloved" assistant, Allen Iverson.

Joshua Harris: Well we looked in to the Davis thing while you were in Atlanta and we came out with nothing about you tampering with a prospect.

Huey Newton: Of course you wouldn't, do you think I'd throw away a good job over some kid?

Allen Iverson: Well... you have been kind've sporadic and we just thought it was in the best interest to investigate.

Newton: Oh, look at A.I. being all neutral and all.

Iverson: What's your beef with me Huey?

Newton: Well I have my power taken away by a washed up player and an owner who can't get his head out of his ass, and you seem to think I need protecting. I am grown Iverson.

Harris: Now hey-

Iverson: We are co-workers, I will not let you hang out to dry, but I do think I demand some type of respect.

Newton nods: Yes, I agree. I have acted a bit childlike. Now, let's go see what the players are doing.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Evan Turner has been feeling good. He's on a first name basis with Anthony again. Still, not sure why he got the cold shoulder in the first place, but that isn't important now. The team is coming off a blowout against the Hawks and have the Lakers coming next. When Evan got off of his plane, he and his teammates got a visit from Kobe Bryant. Seems like he got there earlier than the rest of his team but stuck around for Turner. Bryant walked away with Turner hoping to get a quiet conversation with him, but the team followed so he kept his tone low.

Evan Turner: Yo Kobe, what's up?

Kobe Bryant: Not much just here to talk to you about some things.

Turner: Like what?

Bryant: I want you to demand a trade to L.A.

Turner: What did you just say?

Some of the players here Turner's outburst and get closer to hear the conversation.

Bryant: You heard me, do it. And we might go easy on you.

Turner: Look man, it looks like you're still mad about the time I one-uped you-

Bryant: You didn't one-up anyone boy, you want a challenge? Fine. But you aren't beating us tonight. You can believe that. We won't be taken off-guard by some lower fair-weather gym.

Turner: Oh you must be mistaken. Do you know what we say every time we take L.A.? BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA!

The team joins Turner as Bryant starts to leave and hops in his limo. The whole team continues to yell until they can no longer see his ride.
SuperHueyNewton

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:44 am

Radioman wrote:Turner and Chandler awesome again, and a nice start for Arroyo. (Y)

Thanks. I didn't even expect Arroyo to start half well

Thierry • wrote:Just saw this one man, don't stop this! (Y)

Why Heavens no!! I do not plan on stopping, it's just been a while since my last update.

hiteshom wrote:Can't wait for next year, wanna see myself play

I can't wait either, I will speed it up somewhat after the All-Star break though
SuperHueyNewton

Vs. Lakers

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:52 pm

Old School Blowout
Lakers are decimated in old school night

AP- Feb. 6, 2012| Philadelphia, PA

What was thought to be a cheerful night in which fans and players reflected on players of the past-time, instead of being entertained, we were bored out of our minds.

The game didn't seem to stay close for L.A. A lack of consistency made them fall behind early and never came back into the game. The Lakers weren't able to make themselves any better as the game wore on missing shot after shot. A total surprise was how Kobe Bryant was shooting. He ended the game with 21 points, that is very good. But he also only made 11 of his 21 shots. That is far from good. He didn't show up at all costing him and his team the game.

On Philadelphia's side, they were the definition of consistent. They had two players with double doubles, four out of five starters with double digit scoring, and their man scorer shot of 50% of their field goals. Wilson Chandler looked simply impressive again, nabbing 10 boards while still able to see his shots fly in the basket for most of the game ending with 21. Lou Williams also ended with 16 points and 2 steals. Williams helped energize his team early, stealing the ball from Steve Blake early and taking it home for a nice layup.

The crowd did stay in the arena the whole time though, by the time was close to ending it was still packed in Wells Fargo Center with fans chanting "Beat LA!" Philadelphia sure did.

"I really wished this wasn't our final game this year." Evan Turner told Reggie Miller in his post-game interview. "I wouldn't mind hearing 'BEAT LA!' more often. That was fun while it lasted but, I guess we'll see you next year Lakers.

That will be all tonight as the Sixers will host the San Antonio Spurs Wednesday and then host the Boston Celtics Friday. See you later sports fans!

30 points, 4 rebounds, 10 assists, 1 block, 2 steals

Turner Sports

Post-Game stats

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -39-47.jpg
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -38-40.jpg
SuperHueyNewton

Vs. Celtics

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:37 pm

Star falls, still pull out win
Sixers beat Celtics and Lakers in same week

AP- Feb. 10, 2012| Philadelphia, PA

First, the Philadelphia took out both the Boston Celtics, AND the Los Angeles Lakers. This has to take everyone by surprise.

The Philadelphia 76ers were able to slip out from Boston's grasp tonight in a five point margin win. This game barely was that thrilling, neither team took care of the ball that much. But both mostly did well scoring. Wilson Chandler and Paul Pierce looked like players deserving to make it to the All-Star game this month both pulling in 26 and 25 respectively. These guys define scorers.

In the second quarter, the injury bug bit again for Philadelphia. Evan Turner took a nasty fall after being hit by Rajon Rondo while coming down from a shot. The play wasn't ruled a foul, but again, Turner was hurt once more. This isn't looking good for Turner, two weeks until the All-Star game and he is hurt again. This is the only injury that will keep him out though, it is a minor lower back strain. He is expected to come back before taking on the Heat, but will have to sit out tomorrow against the Cavs'.

The final quarter did have a little bit of excitement, but it was strange. The 76ers held an eight point lead with about a minute to go, but left many Celtics open from three. Only one was buried, by Paul Pierce. Though this is a bad choice nonetheless. Maybe Doug Collins was resting the players for the back-to-back against Cleveland. That certainly isn't the way to do it though.

With an angered expression on his face, Evan Turner was fuming when talking to Reggie Miller back on the sideline. "That was a dirty hit, he couldn't get back on defense in time and he pushed me. [referring to Rondo] I can't wait to see these guys again and blow them out. That was plain unnecessary."

"When I saw E.T. (Evan Turner) go down, I thought, 'its all up to me now.' I needed to step up and so did the rest of the team, we did respond well and it translated into a win for us tonight." Wilson Chandler discussed in his post-game speech. "I can't wait to see them again though, Pierce was one hell of a matchup."

Today, Philadelphia walks out with another win, they will head to Cleveland tomorrow to take on Cleveland, then they host Miami back at home.

POTG: Wilson Chandler
26 points, 3 rebounds

Turner Sports

SuperHueyNewton

Vs. Heat

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:09 am

Down to the wire
Competitive game sees Philadelphia losing

AP- Feb. 13, 2012| Philadelphia, PA

In a very close game, we see the Philadelphia 76ers lose for the first time in a few weeks.

This game looks close on the box score but the Heat won from great shooting, lockdown defense, and little defense played by the Sixers. There were plenty of scoring runs putting one or the other team ahead. There was more than eleven lead changes and the largest margin was 11 points. Miami was able to capitalize on a lot more opportunities than Philly and that is why we see them win tonight.

"What did I tell you?" Dwayne Wade boasted at the post-game conference. "We're too tough for these guys, they weren't playing like a team and we were able to pull that one out. I will admit. it was close, but there wasn't a doubt in my mind that we would lose."

After tonight the Bobcats will take on the defending champion Dallas Mavericks then take on the Grizzlies on the road and have a rematch in Houston, where we saw Houston win and Iguodala's last game as a Sixer right before the trade deadline. Tune in later. These next few games should be good.

POTG: Dwayne Wade
29 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals

Turner Sports

Post-Game stats
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -18-68.jpg
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -18-20.jpg
SuperHueyNewton

Calls for Turner

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:25 am

Report: Teams calling in for Turner

Feb. 15, 2012

Faxed papers from Bucks general manager John Hammond to the Philadelphia 76ers were leaked out to public asking about up-and-coming star Evan Turner. The papers are offering guard Monta Ellis and Ekpe Udoh for the MVP candidate. Ellis wasn't expected to be traded away from the Bucks after recently being acquired this offseason from Golden State. He hasn't played nearly as well as Turner so that is maybe that is why they through in Ekpe Udoh as collateral. O.J. Mayo was also rumored to be offered for Turner, but no sources have confirmed it is true. And it has also been rumored that before the Laker game a week ago, Kobe Bryant asked Turner to demand a trade to L.A. It looks like everyone wants a piece.

SuperHueyNewton

All-Star Teams Announced!

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:00 pm

Wade and Kobe highlight East and West All-Star Teams

Feb. 16, 2012

Finally! The East and West All-star teams have been announced to the public. All the players have worked hard for this achievement of playing with the best and are able to do it in only two weeks!

Again, here are the teams

As we can see, head vote man Dwayne Wade tops of the East as well as Kobe. Wade in his eighth appearance and Kobe in his fourteenth. Some of the surprise players are Antawn Jamison from the Cleveland Cavaliers and Ramon Sessions from the LA Lakers simply because they weren't voted much by the fans, but voted in by coaches. Andre Iguodala has also topped his first All-Star appearance by also getting in the starting lineup, though Denver is currently 23-30.

Evan Turner and Wilson Chandler have also grabbed a spot as reserves. Turner, who has had a great breakout season, couldn't nab enough votes to get him a starting role because he just wasn't that popular in the beginning of the league but has became a sensation. Chandler, Turner's partner in crime, also sees himself in after carrying a scoring load most of the season with Philadelphia.

Carmelo Anthony also stole the starting spot from LeBron by nearly a landslide. Stephen Jackson, the player that believes he is better than Kobe also got his first spot in the all-star game, even though it was late in his career along with Josh Smith. Who has earned a starting position.

This year's All-star game features some of the best scorers from around the league and looks to be simply an amazing game. Even though there are surprises, like Chris Paul not starting, it is truly a pleasant surprise and most fans wouldn't have it any other way!

Turner Sports
SuperHueyNewton

Chapter 7: Acquaintance

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:12 pm

It was Saturday and the team was still celebrating after Evan Turner's and Wilson Chandler's All-Star announcement on Thursday. The air was still buzzing by the time Huey Newton and Evan Turner, along with Allen Iverson, returned to Wells Fargo Center. Though it appeared Newton was concerned about something.

Allen Iverson: Yo E.T.! Did you really have to buy the bar out tonight?

Evan Turner: Bes believe man! We still had ladies crawlin' over us tonight though.

Iverson: Yeah, I hear you. Aye Huey? Somethin up?

Newton hadn't realized his facial expression hardened with each passing moment, jumped when he heard his name.

Huey Newton: Oh! Yeah, I'm fine. Still waiting to hear about that paper work.

Iverson: Oh year, we sent something about a day ago, they say it should go through to the league office tonight.

Turner: Why, what happened?

Newton: I finally got a "go."

Turner: That means what exactly?

Newton was close to answering when a kid with a flat top walked by looking clearly confused. They left the office door open so they watched the kid go from room to room poking his head in. He looked like he was close to giving up when he spotted Evan.

???: Aye Evan, what's up man? Haven't seen you since last week. Look man, I was looking for some... Newton? I think his name was, can you help me find him?

Newton: Right here kid, pleased to make the acquaintance. Where's the other guy?

N.C.: Well you can call me N.C. But he should be here tomorrow, he wanted to say his goodbyes before leaving the city.

Newton: All right, we can head out now.

Everyone exits out the door leaving Newton behind. His mind is in the clouds for a second when his phone rings. Newton is puzzled as to why anyone would be calling him at this hour, but he picked the phone up anyway.

Newton: Hello?

???: Oh good, you answered, some bench players are playing some blacktop ball downtown. I was wondering if you would come down and watch sir.

Newton: You really need that much help for pointers Nikola?

Vucevic: Well yeah. Some other GMs are coming out here, you should too.

Newton: All right, I'll be there.

Newton saw this as a way to find another potential trade but he still had to take Iverson with him, just in case.
They arrived to the court at close to the start of the game. Newton looked dreadfully out of place, it was dark outside and he was in downtown with a suit on. Everyone else was wearing basketball clothes so Newton couldn't tell who was a general manager so he just took a seat and watched until he was approached.

???: Vucevic. You guys interested in giving him up?

Huey hadn't realized who he was talking to until he looked up, the same man that agreed on the Iguodala trade, Masai Ujiri. The caramel skinned man looked like he just struck gold watching Vucevic play, who was out muscling JaVale McGee at the moment. Iverson spoke up before Newton realized what was going on?

Iverson: What are you asking, and what are you willing to give for him?

Masai Ujiri: The very player he's out playing at the moment, of course.

Newton wasn't sure why he wanted to give up McGee so suddenly, he was well aware of how good this kid is, he just lacks discipline, something Dough Collins certainly knows how to enforce. Them he realized he just struck gold.

Newton: I'm not sure, Nikola seems to show good range, something McGee lacks.

Ujiri: Oh, don't worry about that, all you need him to do is swat down balls anyway don't you?

Newton: True, but we will need a little bit more than just a fly swatter.

Ujiri: What exactly?

Newton: Just ------

Newton's word were cut off but it appeared that Ujiri understood him completely. They both stood in front of each other and shook hands, then Iverson shook hands with the Nuggets' GM. Newton felt a little bit more powerful in that transaction. Two in one day, both looking to turn out great, how could this go badly?
SuperHueyNewton

Re: (41-13) Plan A| 2012 All-Star Teams announced!

Postby Hiteshom on Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:56 am

I'm a huge fan and am loving It! Keep up the good work!
Hiteshom

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood