::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: 2013-14 Season Preview

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALES: NO MONEY MO BALL ::: Thunder v Pistons

Postby hova- on Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:38 am

Stuckey's still rollin, but the Thunder were simply too much (as they should be for your team). Good to see updates comin' frequently.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Lamrock on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:22 am

Tough losses, but it's good to see Drummond playing.
Lamrock

Postby Valor on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:56 am

damn, Westbrook took 10 more shots than Durant?! This is pretty realistic :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:57 pm

newc wrote:Wow indeed. Rudy Fernandez ballin'!

That's what we all like to see. :)

Valor wrote:3-0 Pistons and a 20 point win over the Lakers!? You need to turn up the difficulty lmao :lol:

hova- wrote:
Valor wrote:3-0 Pistons and a 20 point win over the Lakers!? You need to turn up the difficulty lmao :lol:

That.

Still very good to see your acquisitions work out properly. I like how you finally have a story with really good pics (just because 2k13 looks better than 2k9 ;) )

Are you the same guys who panic about the Lakers after 3 games to start the season? :P

I think it was a fair win v LA - any team that shoots 17 threes in a game is probably gonna win the game no matter who the opposition is! So difficulty will stay as is because my record does pan out later in the virtual month!

Lamrock wrote:While I agree with the calls to raise the difficulty, Rudy Fernandez's rise to prominence is fun to watch.

Now that you see us utilizing Rudy properly - Do you have any bold predictions for Oden?

Cavs4872 wrote:Following, even though not commenting. The recaps are great. (Y)

Thanks man!

Dmastawwe wrote:Oh and sit I'll create those banners when I get my stuff later on today

Thanks bro! Looking forward to it :)

hova- wrote:Stuckey's still rollin, but the Thunder were simply too much (as they should be for your team). Good to see updates comin' frequently.

I am finding Stuckey really good to play with. Also enjoy controlling Knight and Prince. Josh Childress is giving me nightmares - I have buyer's regret.

Lamrock wrote:Tough losses, but it's good to see Drummond playing.

I forgot to mention that the OKC game was his NBA debut. He was decent.

Valor wrote:damn, Westbrook took 10 more shots than Durant?! This is pretty realistic :lol:

Sure is. :lol: Westbrook raped Knight. Was so frustrating!!!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:51 pm

November 15, 2012
Greg Oden Sighting!
By Willard Smith

Image Image

Pictures say a thousand words and the two above must be saying a lot to the 29 NBA teams who did not sign Greg Oden last Summer.

Who can blame them though for not signing the former first round pick given Oden’s record of ill health? Oden and his knees were always going to be an extremely high risk investment and one that is seen as most likely to result in no reward.

Despite all of the issues, the Detroit Pistons rolled a die with the 7 footer. This week, the Pistons’ faith has been rewarded as the first encouraging and positive sign from Oden’s rehab have revealed itself to the public. Oden participated in five on five drills and even a scrimmage. His teammates called his movement fluid and Tayshaun Prince was even quoted as saying 'Oden had about five dunks in the one scrimmage'. Someone within the Pistons’ PR team posted the pictures that we have onto Twitter and as you can see - one of those five dunks was captured on film.

Yes - there is proof that Oden may still have hope of playing in the NBA again. This is huge considering that Oden himself admitted to pondering retirement after the Portland Trailblazers decided not to extend him an offer to stay with them. (For the record, if I were the Blazers, I wouldn't have offered Oden a contract either because he did nothing for them over five seasons.)

Oden got the same surgery on his knees that Kobe Bryant in Germany. He has spent months to get back onto the court and was lucky to get a 1 year deal in Detroit. It’s great to see him playing and I am excited to see whether he will make an impact if he gets back onto the court in an NBA game. The Pistons did set a targeted return date for Oden in January 2013.

Now that we have made our first Oden sighting, all we can do is play the waiting game.
Fresh8

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALES: NO MONEY MO BALL ::: Blog Update

Postby dare on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:05 pm

Less Oden more Drummond please.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Valor on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:58 am

dare wrote:More Oden less Drummond please.

corrected :P
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby mrmoves20 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:43 pm

Haven't followed for a while but nice season going on so far. Really 'WOW' for blowing out the Lakers haha.
The Best Young Team Since OKC - The BROW and the Stingy HORNETS!!!
mrmoves20

Postby mpac on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:12 pm

Rudy playing well! Good luck with this ill be following :) any locker room drama happening yet? :)
mpac

Postby Justine. on Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:05 am

Will follow mine. Once I installed my Photoshop, I'll try to make those banners, headers, etc.
Justine.
Novakaine!

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:41 pm

mrmoves20 wrote:Haven't followed for a while but nice season going on so far. Really 'WOW' for blowing out the Lakers haha.

Thanks man - hope you continue following.

mpac wrote:Rudy playing well! Good luck with this ill be following :) any locker room drama happening yet? :)

Rudy had one breakout game and has disappeared again. :(

As for locker room drama - stay tuned.

Justine. wrote:Will follow mine. Once I installed my Photoshop, I'll try to make those banners, headers, etc.

Yessir.
Fresh8

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALES: NO MONEY MO BALL :::

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:47 pm

CHAPTER 3

The Pistons took to the court for the first game of the 2012-13 season at the Palace. Bobby and Joe watched on as Rodney Stuckey led his teammates out onto the court. Bobby looked around the Palace to see how packed it was. The arena was full of cheer as it was packed up to the bleachers. Joe had agreed that it would be nice to drop prices to allow everyone in to see the team play. Bobby had appealed to him that the team could do something special and give the people of Detroit something to cheer about. In return, the team would hopefully get one of the NBA’s best crowds. The team would play better to a responsive and supporting group of fans than a half empty stadium.
“Haven’t seen this place buzzing like this since the malice,” Joe said to Bobby, referring to the infamous brawl between the Pistons and the Pacers from years ago.
“This is amazing,” Bobby replied.
It was Bobby’s first ever NBA game that he would be watching in person. He never made it to this stage during his career. He had promised himself that he would never step foot in an NBA arena ever since the last snub in 2000. However, he was breaking that promise to himself at this moment. He finished off his beer and thought about what it would have been like to have played in the league.
“I need to say thanks again for everything,” Bobby said to Joe, meaning every single word.
Joe laughed at the ever polite Englishman, “I’ve already said man – no problem. Just make sure you help me do a good job around here. We have a long season.”

The Pistons won the first two games of the season before coming up against the Los Angeles Lakers. The Lakers started quickly at home and it was not before long that the Pistons were trailing by double digits. Brandon Knight picked up his second foul quickly and Lawrence Frank yanked him from the game.
“Shoot if you are open,” Frank grabbed Rudy Fernandez by the collar before pushing out into the fray.
Knight took a seat on the bench and wiped his face with a towel. It was not the start that he had wanted. Kobe Bryant was happy to see Rudy though and welcomed him into the game.
“Good to see that you decided to keep playing with the big boys,” Bryant teased Fernandez for nearly staying to play in Europe.
Rudy just smiled at Kobe and Kobe said to him, “Don’t worry Rudy, I will go easy on you. Just don’ fall over or you might end up like Ricky.”
Play resumed and Rudy hit his first shot. It was an open jumper from the wing off of a Stuckey pass. He closed the quarter off with back to back threes including one at the buzzer that had to be reviewed by the officiating crew. Rudy’s play engineered a 15-4 run that put Detroit ahead after the first quarter 23-20. He then finished with 17 points in the first half. The Pistons then proceeded to shoot the Lakers down from behind the arc. The team finished with 17 three point shots and even Coach Frank had no idea what had gone down. Rudy was asked to be interviewed on the court after the game, having scored a career high 29 points.
“How was it to have a performance like that against the Lakers?” Rudy was asked.
“These guys are maybe number one team in NBA. It’s always good winning against best teams and tonight we won game against best team. It’s very nice,” Rudy said in his broken English.
“You guys are still undefeated – coming into the season, did you see this as possible?”
Rudy was honest with his answer, “We have been lucky that we are shooting well so we have all wins. We are not strongest team so maybe we are performing better than we should. Maybe we can keep this up.”
“Thanks Rudy.”
“Thank you,” Rudy said and left to join his teammates in the dressing room.
The win against the Lakers was a fulfilling one and the Pistons did continue strongly with some solid performance in the next handful of games. However, they were brought back down to Earth in a drubbing against the Oklahoma City Thunder. The defending Western Conference champions embarrassed Detroit at the Palace. Russell Westbrook was unstoppable and the only bright spot for Detroit was that Andre Drummond made his NBA debut. The raw talent put up 7 points and 5 rebounds in his first NBA regular season match.
“We are going to have a tough season,” Coach Frank told a columnist afterwards, “We might make the playoffs but it’s going to be a struggle.”
Coach was trying to manage expectations. The season may have started out well but the loss to the Thunder confirmed to everyone that a few wins to start the season was not going to be a reliable sample size to project the team’s success over 82 games.

“That’s right! Great job! Work it down low!” Coach Frank shouted out at his players.
“Damn! Did you see that Coach?” Stuckey was excited.
Tayshaun Prince, out with an injury, had both arms in the air, “Sick!”
Greg Oden had just dunked on Brandon Knight and was high fiving everyone who was surrounding him. The dunk had brought a halt to the scrimmage. It was Oden’s first full court action since he had joined the team. He had been practising on and off with the team, getting extra rest days just to be cautious in regards to his knee.
“Didn’t know someone as old as my dad could get up like that,” Greg Monroe laughed and patted Oden on the back.
Stuckey was still shaking his head, “Good job old fella! Looks like your knees are better.”
Oden was feeling good and was really enjoying his time with the Pistons. His knee rehab was coming along. He finished the scrimmage as the top scorer for his team as his teammates kept trying to get him touches. Oden had been embraced by everyone in the organisation and Bobby smiled as he watched on. He was ecstatic that Oden was making a full recovery – after all, Bobby was the one who convinced Joe to make a full push to sign the former number 1 pick. Bobby waited for practice to be over so that he could deliver some good news to Oden.
“You’ve been cleared to practise full-time,” he said, “We just got the doctor’s approval this morning.”
Oden was beaming, “That sure beats rest days every second day.”
“Get some more rest then.” Bobby asked.
“Yes sir!” Oden, still beaming, exclaimed.
Bobby knew everything that Oden was going through. He had gone through it himself.

Bobby worked hard to get back onto the basketball court. It took two years for him to make his comeback. He always came across obstacles along the road to recovery. Every time he thought he was ready, he would tweak his knee. Bobby was always impatient about making his comeback and it took his head coach a heart to heart to convince the former superstar of Europe to sit out until the coaching staff were certain that Bobby could return.
“That knee injury has taken two years away from me,” Bobby said in an interview, “And quite frankly, it has robbed me of my career. I won three titles in a row and I miss those days.”
“Is that what keeps you motivated to make a comeback?” he was asked.
Bobby replied, “I want to be back on the court again. I don’t know how I will be but I don’t want the last image of my career being me on the floor in that Euroleague game.”
“Will you be the player you once were?”
“I’ve never been an athletic player,” Bobby admitted, “I don’t think this will affect my game.”
“When will you be back?”
“I hope soon.”
Bobby was indeed back a few months after the revealing interview. Barcelona was happy to keep him on the roster all of the time that he was in rehab. He was a legend of the game for Barcelona and they rewarded him for his loyalty to the club and the titles he brought with him. Unfortunately for Bobby though, he was not the player that he once was. He did not have the same passion as he did pre-injury. He did not have the authority that he once had over his teammates. He did not have the same trust. Bobby never started a game again for Barcelona. That said though, Bobby was just happy to have made a comeback to the game.

“Paul Pierce hits the three to tie the game!” the commentator yelled as the Celtics-Pistons game was being broadcast.
Pierce had come through in the clutch again and the game looked like it was heading into overtime. Detroit called a timeout with 1.2 seconds left in the game. There would only be time to draw up a play to get one shot to win it. Coach Frank was sending Monroe, Maxiell, Fernandez, Stuckey and Knight out onto the court. He wanted the latter three to be options to take a jumper to win it. Maxiell was going to inbound the ball for Detroit.
“We have one shot! Let’s make it a good one!” Frank shouted out above the noise of the crowd.
The players out their hands into the middle of the huddle and collectively yelled out “Pistons” before the designated five players returned to the game.
Kevin Garnett was furiously barking orders at his teammates out of the time out. The veteran was pounding his chest so hard with his fists that Stuckey was worried he would give himself a heart attack.
“Chill man,” he shouted at KG.
KG glared at him and responded, “Shut the fuck up!”
The last play of the game was swift. The ref blew his whistle and handed the ball to Maxiell. Monroe set a screen for Knight and Fernandez set one for Stuckey. Knight ran towards halfcourt to the ball. Stuckey aimed for the top of the key. Fernandez had rolled off of the screen towards the wing. Maxiell threw the ball to Stuckey. Stuckey caught it and turned quickly one motion to face towards the hoop. He squared up and launched a three pointer at the buzzer. Splash.
“Stuckey wins it! Stuckey wins it! Boston goes down to Detroit!” the commentator was going crazy.
Detroit had won the battle but not without any casualties. Jonas Jerebko joined Tayshaun Prince on the injury list after breaking his toe during the game. He would later be assessed as being out for up to two months.

“Should we risk it?” Coach Frank asked Joe and Bobby.
“I think so,” Joe stated.
“I think he’s ready,” Bobby affirmed.
“I guess we have no other option. We’re getting thin,” Coach Frank conceded.
Greg Oden had been called to the Coach’s office after practice. That’s when he received the good news. Coach Frank was brief and to the point, with Joe and Bobby both in the room.
“Greg, you’re playing in tomorrow’s game.”
Last edited by Fresh8 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALES: NO MONEY MO BALL ::: Chapter 3

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:59 pm

First thought, "Dang KG"
Second thought, "Can Greg Oden come out and play?"
SuperHueyNewton

Postby dare on Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:23 am

Greg Oden will get injured in the 1st :lol:
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Solaris Phase Two on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:17 am

Internet people finally came. Now i can officially do the banners
Solaris Phase Two

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:11 am

SuperHueyNewton wrote:First thought, "Dang KG"
Second thought, "Can Greg Oden come out and play?"

Was hoping someone would say something about KG :)

dare wrote:Greg Oden will get injured in the 1st :lol:

Don't jynx him!

Dmastawwe wrote:Internet people finally came. Now i can officially do the banners

Sweet - can't wait man!
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:13 am

PREDICTION GAME

Guess how many rebounds Oden grabs in his Pistons debut.

2 points for correct answer, 1 point if you are + 1 or - 1 from the correct answer
Fresh8

Postby dare on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:17 am

5 boards
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Martti. on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:23 am

3 as he'll get injured after 5 minutes.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby hova- on Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:46 am

10 boards for Oden. He will be the hero of your story. Good job giving the veterans a headache (KG, Kobe).
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Solaris Phase Two on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:14 am

My prediction is 7
Solaris Phase Two

Postby Valor on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:40 am

8 boards (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby mrmoves20 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:03 pm

8 rebounds for him.
The Best Young Team Since OKC - The BROW and the Stingy HORNETS!!!
mrmoves20

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:04 pm

Six boards.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby newc on Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:50 pm

I predict 11 boards for Oden, somehow I feel he'll have a great first game for you.
newc

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood