The Dallas Mavericks Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The Dallas Mavericks Thread

Postby _Steve_ on Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:57 pm

It's official now. West is gone.
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby hova- on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:44 pm

Wow, Mavs got chemistry ... didn't expect that ... somehow it felt like they were really clicking against the Lakers who showed quite the opposite going for isos all the time.

About the Curry move: I saw him for the first time this night and hey ... for the first time in his life this guy looks like he could be a professional basketball player. Lost a lot of weight ... looks quite thin. I mean, he could always score inside, is a bad rebounder and defender, but he's in shape, a big man and he can score ... so what's the problem?
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby rswest on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:22 pm

hmmm 12 hours ago i was reading all the trash the laker fans saying how the lakers gonna hand the mavericks a beatdown. :D nice win for the mavs. we just beat the "uncrowned champs".
rswest

Postby Jeffx on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:33 pm

hova- wrote:Wow, Mavs got chemistry ... didn't expect that ... somehow it felt like they were really clicking against the Lakers who showed quite the opposite going for isos all the time.

About the Curry move: I saw him for the first time this night and hey ... for the first time in his life this guy looks like he could be a professional basketball player. Lost a lot of weight ... looks quite thin. I mean, he could always score inside, is a bad rebounder and defender, but he's in shape, a big man and he can score ... so what's the problem?

It would have been nice if that lazy fuck Curry was in shape during his time in NY.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:43 pm

Or Chicago.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby _Steve_ on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:18 am

Mavs close to add Troy Murphy as their 15th player.
_Steve_

Postby _Steve_ on Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:01 am

... and gone is Curry. Should write a book about his long and fulfilling stint with the Mavs.
_Steve_

Postby rise on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:26 pm

I love how good OJ is looking. Collison too. I was impressed with both tonight and also against the Cats. Great pickups. (Y)
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Its_asdf on Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:53 am

I picked up Collison off waivers in my fantasy league and he quickly shot up to become my starting point guard. Dude is ballin' out of his mind. I am kind of curious as to why he fell out of favour in Indiana so fast, he seems so much more talented than George Hill is.
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby deihatein on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:56 am

Its_asdf wrote:I picked up Collison off waivers in my fantasy league and he quickly shot up to become my starting point guard. Dude is ballin' out of his mind. I am kind of curious as to why he fell out of favour in Indiana so fast, he seems so much more talented than George Hill is.

Probably have something to do about being a backup to George Hill or butting heads with someone while in Indiana.

Marion is out for a week. Crowder will have a chance to start, that will be interesting.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby rise on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:45 am

yeah I picked up Kaman and Brand because of Dirk's injury. Might consider picking up Crowder with Marion's injury.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Houndy on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:34 pm

The Mavericks are playing like complete shit in this stretch of the season, I don't like it at all. They are missing Dirk without a doubt.
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby deihatein on Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:29 am

and Rick Carlisle with his questionable rotations. i guess if you benched your supposed to be starting PG for a guy that just signed you know the team have problems.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby deihatein on Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:12 pm

OJ Mayo with 40 points against the Rockets. Just when you're ready to give up OJ keeps my hopes up.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby NovU on Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:24 pm

Why would you give up. If the Mavs can float around .450 to .500, that's awesome. Pretty soon, Dirk gonna come back and you guys become .650 to .700 team and prepare for the playoffs.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby deihatein on Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:02 pm

NovU wrote:Why would you give up. If the Mavs can float around .450 to .500, that's awesome. Pretty soon, Dirk gonna come back and you guys become .650 to .700 team and prepare for the playoffs.

Wish you're right. It might take some time for Dirk to be back on the same level. I wonder if Carlisle will let Mayo still be the first option even if Dirk's back.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby hova- on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:05 am

dei. wrote:
NovU wrote:Why would you give up. If the Mavs can float around .450 to .500, that's awesome. Pretty soon, Dirk gonna come back and you guys become .650 to .700 team and prepare for the playoffs.

Wish you're right. It might take some time for Dirk to be back on the same level. I wonder if Carlisle will let Mayo still be the first option even if Dirk's back.

Why should he? It's way easier to get the ball to Dirk, draw the double team and let Mayo shoot than let him create his own shot or run pick & rolls (which he never really liked).

Dirk will be 100% when he is back, this is why he keeps delaying his comeback all the time. I guess he will be back around mid January and play his usual 22/6/48% game which would lift this team to a 60% team.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby deihatein on Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:41 am

hova- wrote:Why should he? It's way easier to get the ball to Dirk, draw the double team and let Mayo shoot than let him create his own shot or run pick & rolls (which he never really liked).

Dirk will be 100% when he is back, this is why he keeps delaying his comeback all the time. I guess he will be back around mid January and play his usual 22/6/48% game which would lift this team to a 60% team.

A pick & roll play for Dirk and Mayo would be deadly.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:28 am

Not a bad effort against the Celtics today, though Beaubois's pass in the waning seconds of the second overtime was very sloppy and basically sealed the win for Boston. Mayo was fun to watch though and Carter got up for a pretty impressive block on Rondo. Considering Dirk is still out, sitting at .500 isn't a terrible effort for them.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby deihatein on Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:23 pm

And the Mavs lost to the lowly Raptors :facepalm2:

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby NovU on Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:35 pm

Canadian Barneys are a better team without Bargnani. Take that, lowly Mavericks!
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby deihatein on Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:31 pm

Derek Fisher went for 20 points today against the Wolves. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing :lol:

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby deihatein on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:59 am

and the Mavs waived Fisher.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:04 pm

Dirk returned. They still suck.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby NovU on Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:07 am

Takes a week or two to get back into a game shape. But there's good chance they'll still suck.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball