Lakers Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Lakers Thread

Postby dare on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:47 pm

Team Chemistry should not be an issue here, the Mavs have more new players than the Lakers. I can't stand Mike Brown's rotation of players. Using the bench when down by 10 in the 4th? this is not a pre season game.

Also I rather see more pick n roll for Nash, I thought he will be calling the offense but he seems passive the past few games.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:49 pm

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mrmoves20 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:37 pm

The Lakers should keep the ball in Nash's hands more often so he could run picks with Howard and Pau. And they must hit Howard in the low post, Mike Brown is just stupid, why else does he have Dwight and Steve on the team if he's not gonna use them the right way.
The Best Young Team Since OKC - The BROW and the Stingy HORNETS!!!
mrmoves20

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:47 pm

I've always wondered where these coaches come from. Some of the best coaches were players. Anyone know where Mike Brown came from.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:50 pm

He played in college and was a scout and video co-ordinator with the Nuggets early on his career, eventually working his way into the coaching ranks becoming an assistant on Gregg Popovich's staff in San Antonio.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Spree#8 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:03 am

Good luck getting that 73-9 record.
Spree#8

Postby NovU on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:13 pm

The Lakers look somewhat like the Heat 2 seasons ago at about the same time of the year.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby dare on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:13 pm

And we're 0-2, didn't see what happened to Nash but I hope the injury isn't that serious.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby graybakflip on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:54 pm

So strange to see howard making ft's and leads the team in assists, they have 4/5 future HOF'ers they'll be fine, it's just 2 games guys, good luck :wink:
You laugh at me 'cos I'm different. I laugh at you 'cos youre all the same
graybakflip

Postby [Q] on Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:39 pm

yeah he had a stretch where he made like 6-10 in a row
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Spree#8 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:21 am

NovU wrote:The Lakers look somewhat like the Heat 2 seasons ago at about the same time of the year.

With some major differences though. The Lakers have an offensive system which wastes most of their talent and are sucking on defense despite having Dwight. The Heat had no offensive concept whatsoever, but played good defense from the start.

Of course they will get it together, but in the meantime... it's not like seeing them lose a few games is unpleasant.
Spree#8

Postby _Steve_ on Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:05 pm

(Very) good defenders on the Lakers squad: Dwight, MWP. Average defenders: Pau, Ebanks, Meeks, Hill and Kobe. As said as it it for me to say, Lakers aren't a good defensive team even with Dwight on their roster.
Like Spree#8 already said, Heat were a much better defensive team two years ago...
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby Spree#8 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:13 am

Brown has been consistent in saying Nash has the green light to run whatever offense he wants to run, adding that Nash didn't want to play pick-and-roll because it wears him out.

"It's not that it wears me out," Nash said. "Right now I want to try to get the offense going, get the guys comfortable, get everyone's confidence up. We'll find a happy medium at some time down the road."

Said Brown: "We can say, 'Steve, go play pick-and-roll.'….He did it in Phoenix for a long time. They won a lot of games. It was fun to watch. Where were they in May?"

WOW. You gotta be kidding me.

I want this guy to be the Lakers' coach forever.
Spree#8

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:01 am

"It's not that it wears me out," Nash said. "Right now I want to try to get the offense going, get the guys comfortable, get everyone's confidence up. We'll find a happy medium at some time down the road.

lol at Nash trying not to step on Kobe's toes. Such a team player.

Qballer wrote:Nash was way more effective holding the ball like he normally does instead of dumpiong it off and standing around the perimeter. it'll take time for them to figure it out

This.
They should do that with the offense they have.
The times Eddie Jordan's implementation of the Princeton offense worked were when he had players that held the ball and knew what to do with it.
Jason Kidd knew to pass the ball while Gilbert Arenas knew to shoot it.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby JBoom_LALALAND on Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:51 pm

I think they should change this coach because he sucks. I dont know if he can bring the ring in LA.
KOBE: CHASING PERFECTION
JBoom_LALALAND
TheJBoom

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:50 pm

While Mike Brown and his insistence on making the Princeton offense work has to share in the blame, so far the Lakers are looking like a really bad fit. Granted, Steve Nash missed the game against the Clippers and much of the game against the Blazers, but it wasn't clicking in the preseason or the season opener, either. It's looking like Kobe's frantically gunning his way up the all-time scoring leaders as he chases Michael Jordan, not really looking to get Gasol and Howard involved. To be fair, he's shooting the lights out so far this season, but the 1.3 assists per game and 5 turnovers per game are well below his abilities. As Pdub noted before, chemistry is lacking.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby _Steve_ on Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:02 pm

Aside from the turnovers, you can't put much blame on Kobe for the losses. Lakers bench is just horrible. I very curious where the Lakers will stand in December.
_Steve_

Postby Patr1ck on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:39 pm

Kobe is giving for a reason. He is practicing with those guys every day. Dwight can barely get off the ground to dunk. Gasol hasn't been the same since his breakup. Steve Nash is on his last legs.

On top of that, all those players play well with the ball in there hands. Whether it is Dwight posting up, Gasol playmaking from the high post, Nash on the pick and roll, or Kobe iso, I just don't see them meshing, even though they should be able to. Three old guys and a recovering center piece don't really have time to learn to play with each other. I don't care how long the season is, they need to get it together as soon as possible or it's a constant up hill battle.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby NovU on Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:24 pm

On the bright side, the Lakers are playing the lowly Pistons for next game on Sunday. 1-3 isn't too shabby. Still plenty room to lose for historic 73-9 season.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Patr1ck on Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:13 pm

Nash out for at least a week with a non-displaced fracture in his leg. Must not be a serious crack if he's only out a week or more.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:13 am

SteveHTOWN wrote:Aside from the turnovers, you can't put much blame on Kobe for the losses. Lakers bench is just horrible. I very curious where the Lakers will stand in December.

He has to share in the blame along with everyone else but I certainly wouldn't say that's the only reason or even the main reason. I think it is a sign and a by-product of their lineup being a bad fit, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:14 pm

Their skid ends at the expense of the Pistons. Kobe notably only took ten shots and was more of a distributor with the team high eight assists.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby _Steve_ on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:08 pm

Lakers frontcourt got it done. Howard is looking better but still seems far away from being 100%. Pistons looked awefull, so anything but a W would've meant even bigger trouble for the Lakers who will be without Nash for about a month.
_Steve_

Postby NovU on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:51 pm

Any Lakers fans care to offer an insight on these Lakers team? Sorta confused watching tonight's game.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby dare on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:05 pm

It's obvious the team doesn't want to play hard with Brown coaching, his going to be fire but we might wait a little longer.

Even Kobe would do as a coach :lol:
dare
True kings have rings

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball