The Dallas Mavericks Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The Dallas Mavericks Thread

Postby NovU on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:38 pm

shadowgrin wrote:Deron Williams is just having regrets of not signing with the Mavs

I wouldn't be surprised. Deron never played with somebody as good as Dirk in his career and he bypassed the chance for Joe Johnson. At least he gets his NY I guess.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby deihatein on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:09 am

Dirk going to be out for 6 weeks after getting knee surgery. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby NovU on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:33 pm

Nowitzki will begin on-court activities "within approximately six weeks," So he'll probably sit out longer than 6 weeks.

I can foresee Mayo averaging 20 ppt and Elton Brand logging 35 mpg.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:58 pm

NovU wrote:I can foresee Mayo averaging 20 ppt and Elton Brand logging 35 mpg.

...and Collison being a bonehead.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby deihatein on Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:58 pm

shadowgrin wrote:
NovU wrote:I can foresee Mayo averaging 20 ppt and Elton Brand logging 35 mpg.

...and Collison being a bonehead.

Nah, that's Delonte West role.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Houndy on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:41 pm

Looks like Brand will start at the PF to start off the year
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby deihatein on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:52 am

Houndy wrote:Looks like Brand will start at the PF to start off the year

As long as Kaman don't go injured every damn game teh Mavs will do fine :crazy:

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby hova- on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:19 pm

The Mavs are quite lucky, because they have the easiest schedule of any NBA-team until December 15th. (At least a that's what a Mavs stats analyst said ... the winning percentage of the Mavs opponents of the first two months was about .400% on average last year)

Brand should see a lot of minutes instead of Dirk ... but I think Brandan Wright will also get his chance. The Mavs might loose big against the Lakers in the opener (but they would have done so with Dirk either if you ask me), but they can handle most of the other upcoming opponents.

Dirk still has got something left in his tank, so with the injury break now, he will definitely come back in shape and put up numbers not many would think of now.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby deihatein on Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:33 am

hova- wrote:Dirk still has got something left in his tank, so with the injury break now, he will definitely come back in shape and put up numbers not many would think of now.

The only thing that keeps me on being optimistic on Dirk if he is still motivated to play.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby hova- on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:58 am

dei. wrote:
hova- wrote:Dirk still has got something left in his tank, so with the injury break now, he will definitely come back in shape and put up numbers not many would think of now.

The only thing that keeps me on being optimistic on Dirk if he is still motivated to play.

Well I read a lot about Dirk, especially in German magazines and newspapers. In an interview with Five Magazine (Germany's number one basketball magazine) he said that he's eager to prove that he is still an All-Star with all the upcoming PFs now in the league. He emphasized that his bad last season is a big extra motivation for him to come back stronger.

And after the All-Star break (when his knee was better) last season he averaged around 23 points per game on over .400% from downtown. He still got game, let's hope he stays injury-free and comes back with motivation that he did not have after the Championship in 2011.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby NovU on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:40 pm

hova- wrote:He emphasized that his bad last season is a big extra motivation for him to come back stronger.

And after the All-Star break (when his knee was better) last season he averaged around 23 points per game on over .400% from downtown. He still got game, let's hope he stays injury-free and comes back with motivation that he did not have after the Championship in 2011.

Didn't he have same knee problem last season as well? Fully recoverable without surgery this time around? If then, I don't see why not he couldn't pick it up once again from mid season.

I hear he has great work ethic but I am starting to worry how much he has left in his tank. Sooner or later, either Dallas or Dirk has to roll the dice. I certainly don't want to see one of the greatest unique players to waste his few remaining good years on a mediocre team.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby hova- on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:03 pm

NovU wrote:
hova- wrote:He emphasized that his bad last season is a big extra motivation for him to come back stronger.

Didn't he have same knee problem last season as well? Fully recoverable without surgery this time around? If then, I don't see why not he couldn't pick it up once again from mid season.

I hear he has great work ethic but I am starting to worry how much he has left in his tank. Sooner or later, either Dallas or Dirk has to roll the dice. I certainly don't want to see one of the greatest unique players to waste his few remaining good years on a mediocre team.

According to his last interviews, there's no doubt he's going to finish his career in Dallas. Only option would be if the Mavs said they would like to start from scratch, i.e. without a superstar and rebuilding. But right now, as Dallas is hoping for Howard, Paul or Harden, there's no reason for Dirk to leave (he only has two years left on his contract and will be 36 then ...)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby benji on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:08 pm

Dirk won't ask out and I doubt Cuban deals him. If he wants to keep playing when his contract is up would be the most likely parting.

He got a ring as the man just a year ago so that lessens the interest in chasing one at his age.
benji

Postby _Steve_ on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:26 pm

benji wrote:Dirk won't ask out and I doubt Cuban deals him. If he wants to keep playing when his contract is up would be the most likely parting.

He got a ring as the man just a year ago so that lessens the interest in chasing one at his age.

^This!

He's not in the same situation Nash was this summer. Even if he'd be in Nash's place this summer I doubt that Dirk would've left Dallas. I can't imagine Dirk to play for any team but Dallas right now.
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby Houndy on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:35 pm

Brand will need to pick up the slack for the first month. It's key to have a valuable backup like Brand, who can start at anytime. Something the Mavs needed, and didn't have. Dirk may not be consistently healthy, so Brand will need to step it up
Houndy

Postby Houndy on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:28 pm

Delonte West gone. Discuss.
Houndy

Postby rise on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:29 pm

Eddy Curry.

Discuss.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby deihatein on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:29 pm

WHAT IN THE BLUE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS TEAM ALL OF A SUDDEN?

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby NovU on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:43 pm

Wut u girls crying about?
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby rise on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:45 pm

dei. wrote:WHAT IN THE BLUE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS TEAM ALL OF A SUDDEN?

I DON'T KNOW!

OJ Mayo HAS to kick ass now.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby _Steve_ on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:21 pm

It's hard to replace a guy like West. Like World Peace he's some sort of crazy hustle player who brings intensity on the floor and to the locker room.
Really hate to see how he tries to throw his career (at least in Dallas) away.
And what do the Mavs get in return? Fat'n'lazy Eddy. Crap!
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby rise on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:43 am

Well, the Mavs do need a big right now with the injuries in the front court. If what I'm hearing is true, Eddy Curry is making a real effort to turn his career around.

Which is awesome because two years ago, it probably took him about five minutes to turn around.
rise
Contributor

Postby Lamrock on Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:35 pm

Interesting developments for the Mavs. I could see this team missing the playoffs at this point. I'd take pretty much any other 7 foot tall person in the world over Eddy Curry.
Lamrock

Postby rise on Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:56 pm

To his credit, he was decent today.
rise
Contributor

Postby deihatein on Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:14 pm

I don't mind giving Eddy Curry a chance. If he plays like a "decent" backup center next to Kaman or Brand if Kaman keeps on breaking down.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball