MyCAREER: The A-Train Story (NBA 2K13) - 2014 Season

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

MyCAREER: The A-Train Story (NBA 2K13) - 2014 Season

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:20 pm

No, I haven't forgotten or abandoned my NBA Live 06 Bulls Dynasty, which I will be picking up again...at some point. However, I thought I'd try something new and get a MyCAREER story started, since I'm a few games into one at the moment. Hope you guys enjoy it!

The A-Train Story

Name: Andrew Begley
Nickname: A-Train
D.O.B: October 16th, 1984
Drafted: Denver Nuggets, 1st Round, 20th Overall in 2012
Position: Shooting Guard
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 192 lbs
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: MyCAREER: The A-Train Story (NBA 2K13)

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:21 pm

On Track With A-Train

Follow the life of an NBA rookie with our top pick in the 2012 NBA Draft, Aussie Andrew "A-Train" Begley!

November 11th, 2012

Aussie vs Aussie: Begley meets Bogut

Hey everyone,

It's been a crazy few months to say the least. Some days it's hard to believe my wildest dream has come true but here I am, playing in the NBA. We're a few games into the season and while it's been a difficult adjustment at times, I'm loving every minute of it. The fans have been fantastic in welcoming me to the city and my teammates have been great too, just a fantastic bunch of guys on our roster. Coach Karl has been very supportive so far, giving me some great opportunities and helping me to make the transition to the big time.

We're off to a hot start, 6-1, and even though it's early I'm thinking we could have a great run this year. We made a big move when we brought in Iggy and he's been great for us. It's such a luxury to have a teammate like that; catch him in stride or toss it up near the hoop, you just know he's going to finish. Ty's been outstanding too, leading us in scoring so far this season. I've seen a fair bit of time alongside him in the backcourt and I feel we're really starting to gel.

I've had some people asking me what my favourite moment in the NBA is so far. Man, too hard to pick! Stepping onto an NBA court for the first time was such an amazing experience, I'll never forget my first game or my first basket. The other night when I knocked down those four threes against the Jazz? That felt pretty good! Meeting my fellow Aussie, Andrew Bogut, and scoring 15 points in our win over the Warriors? That was cool too. So far, everything has been a blast.

I can tell you what the most challenging moment was though, without a doubt: guarding LeBron James. Coach Karl put me out there at power forward against the Heat the other night to counter their small ball lineup and I found myself trying to guard the reigning MVP. Now, I played some power forward and centre growing up, and I loved it - that's why you'll see me getting in there sometimes, getting after those boards and posting up a bit - but that was a long time ago and I was giving up a fair bit of size to LeBron. Definitely the toughest cover of my career, at any level. I gave it my all but a player like that, he's going to get the best of everyone at some point.

Yes it's true, I've signed on with the Jordan Brand. You may have seen Darren Rovell's Tweet about it and he's right; I was a HUGE Michael Jordan fan growing up. If you grew up in Australia in the 90s, chances are you loved MJ and the Bulls. It's an honour to be a part of the Jordan family, I'm flattered that they brought me into the fold. What do you think of the Jordan XVs I've been wearing the past couple of games? I might change it up a little as the season goes along.

Tomorrow we're off to Phoenix to face the Suns, be sure to catch the game! Thanks everyone for all the Tweets, the signs at the games and all the support you've shown for me so far. I'm proud to be a Nugget and I'm looking forward to having a great first season here in Denver. Stay tuned!

- A-Train

Andrew's Stats (through November 10th)

GMPGPPGRPGAPGSPGBPGFG%3P%FT%TPGFPG

Current Record: 6-1
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Houndy on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:47 am

Awesome start man, this looks really good
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Martti. on Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:32 am

Finally, Andrew with a 2K story, good luck!
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Lamrock on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:27 am

Great start, dude. Wish my player's shooting stats were that efficient. :P
Lamrock

Postby [Hyperize] on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:02 am

Nice. (Y) Wasn't expecting this from you. Are you 6'4" in real life?
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:26 am

Houndy wrote:Awesome start man, this looks really good

Cheers, thanks for checking in!

Martti. wrote:Finally, Andrew with a 2K story, good luck!

Thanks man. It was bound to happen sooner or later. ;)

Lamrock wrote:Great start, dude. Wish my player's shooting stats were that efficient. :P

Thanks! I was shooting over 60% from the field and three point range, though I went 5/14 against the Warriors which evened things out a bit. I was also playing five minute quarters for the first few games, which is why my minutes are a bit low. Since I went to 12 minute quarters, I'm getting over 25 mpg.

Cavs4872 wrote:Nice. (Y) Wasn't expecting this from you. Are you 6'4" in real life?

Thanks for checking it out! I'm actually 6'3.5" without shoes, so I thought I'd round up.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby kevin02 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:55 am

Wow, nice shooting percentage, what player type (3pt, all around, scoring, etc) did you choose?
kevin02

Postby [Hyperize] on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:24 pm

Andrew wrote:I'm actually 6'3.5" without shoes, so I thought I'd round up.

We've got some tall NLSCers here. I know Jao is tall, not exactly how tall though. I think Martti. said he's 6'4" or 6'6". Can someone confirm these heights? I think at my physical a few days ago I measured at 6'2", but my doctor said I'm probably not going to grow anymore. Doesn't bother me much. 6'2' is still taller than most other people. I'm also a twig at 150 lbs.
[Hyperize]

Postby Martti. on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:16 pm

Well remembered, I'm indeed 6'6.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby rise on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:53 am

LOL I'm a skinny 5'7. I did however make My Player 6'4 and 210. Looks good, I'll be following.

Looks like you've avoided my horrid shooting percentages (I started the first month shooting about 34% from the field and 20% from deep.)
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:55 am

kevin02 wrote:Wow, nice shooting percentage, what player type (3pt, all around, scoring, etc) did you choose?

I went with all-around. I was thinking of trying something different this year but at the end of the day, I kind of like sacrificing being really good in a few areas for the overall balance, having a decent head start in a lot of areas for developing my ratings. Just need to start stringing together some big games off the bench to earn more SP. ;)

Cavs4872 wrote:We've got some tall NLSCers here. I know Jao is tall, not exactly how tall though. I think Martti. said he's 6'4" or 6'6". Can someone confirm these heights? I think at my physical a few days ago I measured at 6'2", but my doctor said I'm probably not going to grow anymore. Doesn't bother me much. 6'2' is still taller than most other people. I'm also a twig at 150 lbs.

Pretty sure Jon's around 6'7" or so. Same goes for Jae, if I recall correctly.

z02.0 wrote:Looks like you've avoided my horrid shooting percentages (I started the first month shooting about 34% from the field and 20% from deep.)

So far so good. I've gotten off to bad starts like that shooting the ball in NBA 2K11 and NBA 2K12, so we'll see how things progress. I'm liking the controls this year more than any other 2K game, so that probably helps some.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby The X on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:09 pm

Nice start. I'll keep an eye on this one.

Andrew wrote:
Cavs4872 wrote:Nice. (Y) Wasn't expecting this from you. Are you 6'4" in real life?

Thanks for checking it out! I'm actually 6'3.5" without shoes, so I thought I'd round up.

You're selling yourself short by an inch. Shoes add at least an inch, sometimes up to an inch & a half. Unlike Euro sizes, NBA measurements tend to be based on height with shoes on. Therefore, you're about an inch taller, so you should round up a half inch to 6'5" :P

I always put my player at 6'3", my height with shoes.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:29 pm

Great to see this turn into a thread; definitely a nice starter team ;)

I absolutely hated playing the Heat. My defensive assignments always changed, since my guy was a swingman. I managed to get LeBron on a poster a few times, but he generally dominated the matchup.

Cavs4872 wrote:We've got some tall NLSCers here. I know Jao is tall, not exactly how tall though. I think Martti. said he's 6'4" or 6'6". Can someone confirm these heights? I think at my physical a few days ago I measured at 6'2", but my doctor said I'm probably not going to grow anymore. Doesn't bother me much. 6'2' is still taller than most other people. I'm also a twig at 150 lbs.

Add me to that list; I'm 6'4 :)
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:05 pm

Thanks for checking in guys. I'll definitely keep that approach in mind in the future X, being 6'5" might make things a little easier...except when I get thrown in there at power forward against LeBron. :lol:
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:14 pm

Played another game this evening, a decisive victory and my first career start, setting a new career high of 16 points but struggling from the field (6/17); for my money, I was screwed on some layup attempts but a few of my shots were perhaps ill-advised. I'll put up another journal entry after a few more games but for now, here's a new billboard celebrating my entry into the starting five.

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby hova- on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:23 pm

Wow, those billboards look great. Nice to see a 2k-Story from you, Andrew. (Y) Good job on cracking the starting five.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Kenny on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:28 pm

You're taking Gallo's spot... that's rather controversial :lol:

It's probably warranted though. There was no way Iguodala was going to get demoted at this stage. Wouldn't be surprised if Gallo or Chandler call for a trade after this (if it's similar to previous 2k games).
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Valor on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:03 am

Martti. wrote:Well remembered, I'm indeed 6'6.

damn Martti, that's really good (Y) I'm only 6'1 myself, would love to get a couple more inches but I'm not complaining :wink:

Good stuff so far Andrew, looking forward to seeing how this goes (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Lamrock on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:53 am

All this talk about heights makes me want to restart my career as a 5'11", 160 lbs dude and see how I do. I am finally at an NBA eligible age IRL.

Glad to see you've cracked the starting lineup. It's hard to resist shooting a lot in this mode. Out of curiosity, are you playing 12 minute quarters?
Lamrock

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:26 pm

badreligionau wrote:You're taking Gallo's spot... that's rather controversial :lol:

It's probably warranted though. There was no way Iguodala was going to get demoted at this stage. Wouldn't be surprised if Gallo or Chandler call for a trade after this (if it's similar to previous 2k games).

Actually, I'm taking Andre Miller's spot. The game had him starting alongside Lawson in the backcourt, Iggy up front at small forward alongside Faried and McGee at centre. Gallo's been coming off the bench all season.

Lamrock wrote:All this talk about heights makes me want to restart my career as a 5'11", 160 lbs dude and see how I do. I am finally at an NBA eligible age IRL.

Glad to see you've cracked the starting lineup. It's hard to resist shooting a lot in this mode. Out of curiosity, are you playing 12 minute quarters?

It definitely is hard to resist. I played five minute quarters for the first few games, which naturally resulted in very few minutes, then realised what setting I had it on and changed it to 12 minute quarters. Much better in terms of earning SP. :lol:
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Houndy on Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:17 pm

Like how you're takin' over the Nuggets Andrew :)
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby eddiesun on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:32 pm

Bulls need Andrew...how about demand a trade?
eddiesun

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:55 pm

Not my style. ;) I'm going to see how things work out in Denver but perhaps see if I can find my way to Chicago at some point.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:50 am

Andrew, solid start! Will try to check more often. (Y)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Next

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood