Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Postby Like A Boss on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:42 pm

I believe it was replaced with Feed Me More
Like A Boss
Bulls

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:35 am

They're certainly piping in the "Feed Me More" chants, if nothing else.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:34 am

Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby J@3 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:23 am

Lol why on earth would they rip off the only decent storyline the WWE's had in the last 5 years. It's too obvious
J@3

Postby deihatein on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:39 pm

The promo seems forced and lol at the almost botch finisher
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Lean on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:12 pm

Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:47 am

At least they're not re-hashing the nWo in some form for the umpteenth time.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:58 pm

Bound for Glory was amazing. The storylines started faltering in the lead up, but the show was damn great. Wrestling was top notch all around, and the Aces and Eights reveal did a fine job of shock and awe. It is so refreshing to see finishers actually act as finishers in a match. Great regular matches, great hardcore matches, great spots, just great all around.

My only complaints were Hardy over Aries, just crap IMO, makes Aries look weak after such a great build up....stupid 3 day heel turn. And why the FUCK were they tagging in and out during the no DQ brawl?
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby koberulz on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:14 pm

Tags in no-DQ matches are nothing new for TNA. See: any Lockdown.
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Postby [Q] on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:48 pm

interesting to see Ryback vs Punk at HIAC. will they kill Ryback's undefeated streak? i think he is over enough to warrant the ending of the streak. it'll keep the belt on Punk past 365 days i tihnk and it also allows cena to rest after surgery.

also, anthony cesaro annoyed me at first, but he is actually a very good worker in the ring and his matches are actually quite enjoyable to watch, which is something i can't say about many people nowadays. he has a lot of high-impact maneuvers (something you don't see much of anymore) and that uppercut he does is just naaaasty
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:04 pm

They've put themselves in a tough spot with Ryback. They pretty much have to end the streak because he's not ready to be the champion and Punk's reign shouldn't end just yet. The problem is that potentially kills off his push, though if he can carry his end of the match with Punk and it turns out to be a decent, competitive match, they can make it work.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby koberulz on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:31 pm

No reason it shouldn't, Punk's schtick is the slimy cheating heel, so they can get both of them more over.
koberulz

Postby Lean on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:43 pm

I'm betting on a Punk win by cheating at the Cell. Then a promo the following night saying that he didn't cheat since it's a no-DQ match anyways.

On a similar Punk note, "Best in the World" is a must-watch. It tells a great story, and I can relate on it for most parts. Great that they were able to get footages from his old days at the indies, with TNA being mentioned only as "wrestling in Nashville". It's a great documentary for a wrestling product. Last time I enjoyed such was with Eddie Guerrero's I Lie, I Cheat, I Steal and HBK's My Journey.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:25 am

Presumably there's also a chance of interference by John Cena and/or perhaps Brock Lesnar, so there are certainly ways of protecting Ryback.

Got "Best in the World" for my birthday, though haven't had a chance to watch it yet. The previews I've seen definitely all made it look like a must-watch.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby formx on Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:23 pm

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby JaoSming on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:44 am

glad to know you are enjoying your Sunday morning
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby koberulz on Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:42 am

Andrew wrote:Got "Best in the World" for my birthday, though haven't had a chance to watch it yet. The previews I've seen definitely all made it look like a must-watch.

The DVD, or the Blu-Ray? The Blu-Ray has an extra 40 minutes or so of interviews, which is completely worth the extra eight bucks it cost me.

Picked this up a couple days ago, after having to hunt around for a bit - half the JB Hi-Fi stores didn't have their stock in yet - and it is awesome. My biggest concern going in was their treatment of his pre-WWE days, and there's footage there from IWA and ROH, Cabana and Steele were interviewed, Samoa Joe and Chris Hero get mentioned by name...not that it wouldn't have been fantastic without that, but it really did put it over the top.

Loved the Punk-Bryan match, which I'd never seen before. Particularly having watched a ton of ROH recently, and there were a few shoutouts to their ROH days in there. Speaking of which, I thoroughly recommend the Joe vs Punk DVD set from ROH. The matches are phenomenal, and the shoot interview on disc two is hilarious.
koberulz

Postby [Q] on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:59 am

watched Ziggler's match on raw as usual. No Vickie + his opponent was Daniel Bryan... what a great match, a must-see match for sure
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:45 pm

koberulz wrote:The DVD, or the Blu-Ray? The Blu-Ray has an extra 40 minutes or so of interviews, which is completely worth the extra eight bucks it cost me.

DVD. I'm going to have to invest in a Blu-Ray player in the near future, though.

Meanwhile, I'm not a fan of AJ resigning in favour of Vickie being in charge. Vickie in a GM role has been done to death and while she may be hugely over as a heel, for me her screeching has become very annoying in a bad way; it's made the transition from "I want to see this character get her comeuppance" to "I don't want to see this character". That's not to say having AJ as the GM was a raging success, but rehashing that stuff with Vickie wasn't the answer.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:30 pm

I wont be watching raw if Vickie is staying in that role.....not that I've been watching, or other people

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that this rating (10/22) is the lowest non-holiday draw for Monday Night Raw in over 15 years.

Hope those that can stand her enjoy the Ryback reign. No way Punk retains after that.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:47 pm

Still better ratings and more viewers than Impact. :P
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby koberulz on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:36 pm

JaoSming wrote:Hope those that can stand her enjoy the Ryback reign. No way Punk retains after that.

Can't see them putting the belt on Ryback, but I can see Punk dropping it to Cena on Raw within a week or two.

In any event, who has the belt is pretty irrelevant. Not that it'll stop Vince claiming it is. At the very least, they need to go back to two hours.
koberulz

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:40 pm

Absolutely, three hours is just too much. Even if they were utilising it for more in-ring stuff or better angles, it's too long every single week.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby koberulz on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:00 pm

The other thing is they've introduced Main Event, which is relevant to the other two shows, so it's really six hours of TV a week that you need to watch, plus NXT and Superstars if you actually want to see decent wrestling. This time of year, it's way too much for me. NFL is on, NBL is on, NBA starts in a week. I just don't have the time.
koberulz

Postby JaoSming on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:28 pm

yep, but as long as Impact remains enjoyable idc
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic