The "How is your Dynasty/Association going" Thread

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: The "How is your Dynasty/Association going" Thread

Postby mpac on Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:07 pm

Radioman wrote:
Radioman wrote: on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:04 pm
Can Kendall save the Suns?

Startet a new MyPlayer just for fun using NC PG Kendall Marshall as a template. I was drafted 13th overall by the Phoenix Suns,

I told you. :D

wow! too realistic, man!
mpac

Postby mpac on Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:23 pm

mpac wrote:C Al Jeff
PF D Favors
SF CJ Miles
SG Ray allen (part of the trade with Millsap, Burks, Howard with Celtics)
PG Devin harris

Bench:
C Kanter
PF Lamar Odom (FA signed)
SF Hayward
SG Bell
PG Bradley (part of the trade with Millsap, Burks, Howard with Celtics)
PF Jajuan (part of the trade with Millsap, Burks, Howard with Celtics)
SF Hobson

Reserve: Evans, Watson, Carroll

almost retired my association due to got a bit bored in 2k12. But I got back into it when I play against OKC. At first i was down by 18 in the first qtr with them leading 22-4. I almost sim the whole game and quit playing 2k, but somewhat I managed to get closer and trim the lead to 10 at halftime. they widen the gap again by 15 at 64-49 in the 3rd, until westbrook got into foul trouble and we managed to manhandled durant, thus get us back and tied them up at 72!

4th qtr was exciting and lots of deadlocks and lead changes. during the last 2 minutes, we led by 1 thanks to the put back by al jeff 88-87. Then suddenly durant got hot as he managed to make a jumper, a quick steal off an inbound and pull up a three! suddenly they led 92-88, we missed on the next possession and westbrook hit a jumper wth 42 secs and they led 94-88.

I almost gave up but thanks to the quick three by rayray, we closed the gap to 3 with 34 sec. they missed and we got the ball back and made a fastbreak with cj miles trimmed it to one with 15 sec, 93-94! :) Then durant lost the ball we managed to get the final shot with Favors scoring a putback with 1.1 sec to go :) we won the game 95-94 that brought myself back into 2k12. :) Favors led with 24pts 9reb and 4blks while durant scored 28pts for OKC.

Another move i made is I traded Odom (i dont know how to use him in 2k, it seems Jajuan is better than him) and 2013 utah 1st pick, 2012 utah 2nd pick for Kings 2012 1st pick, as I took advantage on the Kings pick as they are currently in 7th seed in west. I also had the Bobcats 2012 1st pick when I traded Utah and Boston 1st picks with it, since CHA is currently 5th seed in east. Hope they both go down for me to get Beal or Marshall and a back up PF for Favors :)

Now 20-5 Utah. Next game vs rockets :)
mpac

Postby skotas28 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:38 pm

skotas28 wrote:next 3 games played:

99-83 W vs Spurs
99-116 L @ Bulls
104-99 W vs Lakers

Season 5-1..

Its been a while.. Standing 40-14 in the season now. Pacers surprised everyone this season. The record could be even better, but for the last couple of months was attacked by injurys. D.Collison was out for almost 4weeks, A.Davis 3weeks, P.George 2weeks, K.Dooling 4weeks, Hansbrough 1week. Changing each other on the injured list..
Roy Hibbert is a BEAST, 2nd in a MVP rankings behind LeBron. Anthony Davis is 1st in a ROY rankings.
I am 2nd in the East 2g behind Miami. Hoping for a revenge after last years ECF.
skotas28

Postby BorisDawg on Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:06 am

Playing My Player on 2K11 as an athletic SF/SG. Got drafted with pick 22 by Portland, played 57 games so far (missed 16 through injury - twisted ankle like 4 times and lower back strain). Leading the team in PPG and RPG. Portland traded Wes Matthews and Gerald Wallace for Steve Nash and Grant Hill from the Suns, started working well then Hill went down with an injury.

Recently had an 18 game winning streak ended by OKC and Durant's 44 points (seriously couldn't do a damn thing, bastard was hitting everything LOL) despite 57 pts in my second straight 50+ game (only two of the season too). Blazers are sitting top of the league with 53-20 (30-6 at home :D) but will probably drop a few leading into the playoffs with Grant Hill and Brandon Roy both out for the season (maybe back late into the playoffs if we go that far) with broken ankles and LaMarcus Aldridge out for 1-2 weeks with a sprained knee.

Currently averaging 24.5 PPG, 2.4 ORPG, 11.2 RPG, 1.9 APG, 1.8 SPG, 0.9 BPG, 1.4 TPG with .500 FG%, .275 3P%, .878 FT% on 30.9 MPG.

Started out the season unable to hit a single FT but have hit my groove and only missed one of the last 24. :D My PPG has taken a serious jump in the last few games with Nash pretty much getting me to finish every play without Hill, Roy and Aldridge (occasionally he'll drive himself). Its like he just won't pass to Andre Miller (starting SG with Roy out), Oden or Camby. Rudy Fernandez and Patrick Mills on the other hand (when they get game time), will try and do it all by themselves from one end of the court to the other. :?

Leading the award race for Rookie MVP, though I'm a little worried that missing games will hurt my chances. Was in the running for Defensive Player but have since been knocked out of that by Gerald Wallace over in his new role @ the Suns. Letting Durant hit 44 on me probably wouldn't have helped LOL. Couldn't work out how I let that happen, I'd managed to keep LeBron quiet in our 2 wins over the Heat (both by big margins) and shut down Carmelo for 3 quarters (hit 12 in the 1st and 6-7 for the rest of the game).

Okay, I'll end this now, past tl;dr territory a long time ago. :oops:
BorisDawg

Postby rise on Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:56 pm

Wondering if anyone else has been able to get season averages like this:

Injuries kept me from playing 23 games, so I was unable to win any season awards. My teammate Kevin Durant won MVP and was on the All-D team as well en route to a 66-16 season. Finished out the season on a 32 game win streak before (of course losing the first playoff game).
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Martti. on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:12 am

Had some fun with Orlando.

Traded Dwight right away, Clippers offered me Griffin and Jordan, the best I thought that made sense (Miami offered LeBron, OKC Durant).

First season was a struggle, didn't make the Playoffs. Traded some of the bad contracts away (Davis, J Richardson, Duhon). Acquired Ben Gordon and Damian Lillard in the deals.

Turkoglu and Gordon both picked up their player options, 25M combined, so wasn't much of a player in free agency, signed a bunch of minimum guys. Failed to reach the Playoffs again.

Re-signed Gordon to a 3-year, 11M deal, though it was reasonable as he averaged 17 ppg for me.

Missed the Playoffs again, and the summer was a success. Had about 18M of cap space, Melo opted out of his deal so signed him to a Max-deal. Also got Jordan Hill with the MLE.

So the rotation was :

C - Jordan
F - Griffin
F - Melo
G - Gordon
G - Lillard
------------
6 - A Nicholson
7 - Hill
8 - JR Smith
9 - S Collins
10 - Some euro rookie, who was the 2nd pick, but was a scrub.

To my surprise, only on won 40 games, got to the Playoffs as the 7th seed, only to lose the Heat in 5 games. (Nets got the #1 seed behind league MVP Nolan Smith lol). The Nets would would also win the title.

In the off-season, traded my #17 pick, 2nd round pick and Gordon, who had declined to just 66 to Houston for #12 and Kevin Martin. Got a decent SF, hopefully works out better then that euro guy. Also signed Elton Brand and Shane Battier.

Hopefully this season will be better. Around the league, Miami's big three is over as LeBron went to Phoenix and Bosh went to Charlotte.

Next task is to lock up Lillard long-term, among the league leaders in assists every year. Jordan is locked up, hopefully Melo and Blake want to stick around too.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby JaoSming on Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:27 pm

With the latest roster out, I started a new association with the new, mediocre :/, Celtics.

14 Game Seasons, 3 minute quarters, Injury sliders maxed (makes things interesting), Arcade Sliders :mrgreen:
At 0-3, I got rid of Terry, Lee, and some of the extra bench players for Maxiell & Bynum (Pistons) and some expiring contracts. Also, the Heat had Ray Ray starting at PG....that shit was just unfair, rage quitted (simmed for the loss)
At 3-8, I finally started getting competitive despite having no chance at the playoffs, but ended the season with a 4-10 record, tie with the Wizards for the worst record.
Due to injuries, the Bobcats ended up winning the championship (1, 1, 3, 3 format). Pierce was the PPG leader, KG defensive first team, Rondo AST leader, remember, last place team :), I did some slider adjustments for the 2nd season to make things line up better with the simulated game stats for the CPU teams.
Got the 2nd pick in the draft, crappy trade also got me the 12th pick. Drafted this guy named Ireland, because, well, do I really need to explain it? 6'8" SG (I needed a SG, and I hate passing to PP with "B"), friggin tank, Nate Robinson dunk package despite 69 dunk rating, high 70s for shooting, and 76 OVR. 12th pick is a douche-R-smeesh, gave him a crappy beard and random tattoos, lol. Undersized SF (generated) can shoot but has a shitty animation combination. The 2nd rounder was a 7' Center, turrible, but with my slider sets, I just needed size for swatting.

I really developed Jeff Green and Fab Melo into beasts. Once KG retires at the end of the season (news item) I am just going to throw money at Melo to get him to stay long term. Basically I want the core to be Green, Melo, Ireland, Rondo, and either Avery or douche-R-smeesh, whoever steps up. Picked up Tony Allen and Josh Selby in Free Agency, I also had an accepted offer for James White, but ended up taking it back since I could only sign two (I majorly underballed him too, only 50% interest in the deal, current FA).

So going into season 2, I was pretty excited to finally play with Ireland and see how the team handled....well, the game decided Ireland should sit, so he barely played in the 20 point blowout loss to the Nets (80% to 47% shooting....yea) then with the updated line up all set to go, Melo, Paul, and Bass all went down with major week-month injuries before the next game. And I hit the "Always have CPU adjust rotations" so I went into the game without even knowing about it! TBH, with the injury thing, I really may not resign Pierce at the end of the season. That inconsistency, coupled with my up and coming younger players......I dunno, may be time to hang it up.....that hurts to say.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby rise on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:02 pm

JaoSming wrote:Due to injuries, the Bobcats ended up winning the championship (1, 1, 3, 3 format).
Fuck yeah. :cool:
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby skotas28 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:45 pm

Finaly finished 2nd regular season with Pacers 61-21 (last season 44-38). Hibbert again all nba 2nd team, Anthony Davis, ROY and All NBA 3rd team.
Now well into the playoffs, only difference from last year, me not underdog anymore. 2nd seed behind HEAT. First round against 7th seed Bobcats :), was an easy walkover, series 4-0 with an average 17.5 margin. Conference semi-finals vs 3rd seed Bulls. 1st game a blowout 114-97, 2nd game was a close one, but still got a win 95-91, 3rd game in united centre was a close one again, but a 3rd W 102-98. Leading series 3-0 and looking forward for a last years re-match in the Conference FInals with Miami. They are leading 3-1 against NY just now. Last year lost to them 2-4. And lost last game to them in the season which prety much decided conference winner this year. Without home court advantage it will be a tough one (my record this season @home 35-6 away 26-15).

Pacers squad:

PG. D.Collison / L.Williams
PG/SG K.Dooling
SG P.George
SF/SG R.Hamilton
SF L.Deng/ J.Moon
PF A.Davis / T.Hansbrough
PF/C C.Wilcox
C R.Hibbert / D.Jordan
skotas28

Postby skotas28 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:33 am

Bulls played an amazing Game 4, 84-104 and Game 5, 99-106. Just could not do anything to change the course of both games. For Game 6 was heading to Chicago and was really stressed, was not expecting the series to turn that way after having 3-0 lead... Well, Indiana is going to ECF second year in a row. And second year in a row will face Miami Heat, the defending champions. In Game 6 took control from the beginning and slowly was building up the lead. Final score 98-80, Series 4-2.
West Final is between LAL and Nuggets.
skotas28

Postby skotas28 on Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:57 pm

ECF GAME 1 @MIAMI.

Must say it was my best played game the whole season. I kinda left Lebron on his own. Destroyed all the supporting cast including wade and bosh. untill middle of the 3rd Q. Lebron has scored more then 50% of all Miami points. By that point Wade had 6pts on 3-9 shooting, Bosh 4pts on 2-7..
Won the game 107-98. Lebron scored 44pts, but next best player was... T.Zeller :mrgreen: with 10pts and 11rbs. Wade 8pts on 4-12 shooting, Bosh 7pts and 10rbs. All my starting five was in double diggits, while A.Davis 17pts/13rbs and R.Hibbert 21pts/11rbs had double-double.
It was my first away win against miami in two seasons. Taking the lead 1-0 and looking forward of playing another game this evening.
skotas28

Postby skotas28 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:47 am

GAME 2 @ MIAMI 91-125 L , Series 1-1
GAME 3 in IND 91-81 W, Series 2-1
GAME 4 in IND 100-107 L, Series 2-2

Lebron is beasting out. Can't stop the mother****r.

And lost A. Davis for the rest of the season. Great news. NOT.
skotas28

Postby skotas28 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:21 am

So losing D.Anthony was a main factor in the series, as with him I was 2-1 up in the series, after he wend down with an injury I lost the series 2-4. Finished my season exactly the same as last year, loosing to Miami in ECF. Heat went to the Finals and beat a surprise team from the West, Denver Nuggets, 4-2.

I felt like I need some changes in the off-season. Vogel and B.Show contracts has expired and I decided not to extend them. Surprisingly I found Scott Brooks on a coach market, could not pass that on and signed 3yrs contract with him. Assistant coach B.Cartwright.

K.Weaver, J.Moon, R.Hamilton and C.Wilcox were not offered to extend their contracts. With a 29th pick drafted 203cm 104kg SF from TEXAS. And in the free agency signed K.Garnett 2yrs - $7.5mln., Reggie Williams 3yrs - $10mln, T.Sefolosha was waived by OKC, so picked his contract. Traded away L.Williams who was not happy with his role to Denver for a 1st round pick.

P.George will have last season on his contract and already is telling me he will test free agency next year. So will try to offer him on a trade finder and will see what can i get for him. L.Deng might be on his way out as well.

Roster 2013/2014 so far:

PG D.Collison/K.Dooling
SG D.DeRozan/ T.Sefolosha
SF H.Barnes/ R.Williams / H.Hodgson (rookie)
PF A.Davis / K.Garnett /
C R.Hibbert / D.Jordan / L.Hunt (some generated NBDL player)

Placed L.Deng and P.George on trade finder, got response from 27 teams, but nothing was too good. Have chosen a deal with Raptors. And got DeRozan and H.Barnes. Will see how this will work out. DeRozan is not so versatile as George and 1yr older, but H.Barnes is 7yrs younger version of Deng with bigger OVR already and A potential.

Was not happy keeping T. Hansbrough on the bench for the third season, so just gave him away to Spurs, for L.Hunt and 2014 1st rounder.
skotas28

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:49 am

Oh, I got my new team for 2k13.

× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Martti. on Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:42 am

Fear the deer, love it! JENNINGS!!11!
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Martti. on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:42 am

Took some years, but I got it. This is 2018-19 I believe.

C - Javale McGee (80)
F - Kenneth Faried (80)
F - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (89)
G - Paul George (90)
G - Kyrie Irving (95)
---------------------
6 - Jeremy Lamb (80)
7 - Carlos Boozer (72)
8 - CJ Miles (66)
9 - Omer Asik (66)
10 - James Johnson (65)
11 - Brandon Rush (65)
12 - Delonte West (54)
--------------
IR 1 - Aaron Gray (57)
IR 2 - Andris Biedrins (60)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby rise on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:16 pm

Once I get used to 2k13, I'll be starting an association.

Pretty sure my NC Domination save data is long gone but I'll post a write up of the upcoming season, which I remember fairly well, for something that happened about a year ago. :lol:
rise
Contributor

Postby Radioman on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:43 pm

z02 wrote:Once I get used to 2k13, I'll be starting an association.

Pretty sure my NC Domination save data is long gone but I'll post a write up of the upcoming season, which I remember fairly well, for something that happened about a year ago. :lol:

Looking forward to your new association, do you plan another custom team? or a real NBA team? Do you remember Joachim Keilerhoden? :lol:
Radioman

Postby Lamrock on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:31 am

Itching to start a thread for my 2K13 association, but holding off until Brick By Brick is finished. Have some recaps backlogged and really enjoying it. You'll never guess which team I chose. :P
Lamrock

Postby Martti. on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:41 am

When you say it like that, it's either a great team (Lakers, Thunder, Heat, possibly Clippers or Bulls) or it's an easy guess (Charlotte, Portland)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby dare on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:42 am

Toronto?

Guys what do you think about the association in this game? My only problem is the potential ratings of every player, to many 90+ overall players just after 3 years.
Last edited by dare on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Lamrock on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:55 am

I like Association so far. It's pretty much the same as 2K12's which I'm fine with and I like Total Sim Control. I haven't gotten that far into an association yet but that's unfortunate about the potential. I'm using the default rosters out of the box too but oh well. Just have to deal with it I guess.
Lamrock

Postby hova- on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:01 pm

I think Association is really good. They have improved it - slightly. Total sim control makes sense, the sim stats resemble your adjustments. Did a sim with the Bobcats and let them run & gun, we ended up as one of the worst teams in the league but had some pretty nice high scoring games.

Also the stats presentation finally seems to work properly in Association. Lot's of stat overlays during games. That is cool. Rookies are more interesting with sig skills.

Out of the box I don't like the roster, but the stats seem realistic - LeBron, KD, Howard being in the mix for the MVP most of the time is okay. Potential needs to be edited definitely, some players improve so drastically in their first year (+5 - +7)

I'm looking forward to the next roster update with guys like Shved and some others included, then I will start a D - and maybe post it here.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby vevima on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:30 am

Hi guys. I am currently doing a Bobcats Association. I'm thinking about trading for a veteran power forward, got any ideas?
vevima

Postby [Hyperize] on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:02 am

DirkNBA wrote:Hi guys. I am currently doing a Bobcats Association. I'm thinking about trading for a veteran power forward, got any ideas?

Antawn Jamison? The Bobcats were interested in him in real life, and he shouldn't be too hard to get away from the Lakers. The Bulls would probably like to get rid of Boozer for some young players and/or picks. He's pretty good in the game, although he's got a somewhat difficult free throw. Al Harrington of the Magic is another good option, and probably the easiest to get out of the three. He can drive, post up and shoot as far out as the three. Zach Randolph is also another possibility. If it were me I would go after Boozer first. He would be a good fit on the current Bobcats team.
[Hyperize]

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood