[Tool] Kinect-like Speech Recognition Tool

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K13 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Tool] Kinect-like Speech Recognition Tool v0.3.1.1

Postby showtime94 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:42 am

I love the idea of this tool and I definetly want to try it out, badly. But I have this problem, which is microphone related and I just want to ask you if you possibly have a solution for this. So when I open the program it encounters a critical error. When I go to an error log I see a text that says that no speech recognizer is installed and I ran out of options on how to fix this. I would be very appriciative if you helped me out. Thanks.
showtime94

Postby Leftos on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:30 am

showtime94, Control Panel > Sound > Recording Devices. The default should be your sound card's microphone port.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby showtime94 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:32 am

I did that and the mic port is the default, I looked at every possible configuration for my mic and yet I don't find anything that could solve my problem.
showtime94

Postby StompTheCourt on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:07 am

Wow that is incredible nice job on this lefto :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
StompTheCourt
NBA2K Modding Vet
Contributor

Postby Leftos on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:10 am

showtime94, can you paste the error report in [code] tags here?

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby showtime94 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:27 am

Code: Select all
System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: The invocation of the constructor on type 'NBA_2K_Speech_Recognition_Tool.MainWindow' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception. ---> System.PlatformNotSupportedException: No recognizer is installed.
   at System.Speech.Recognition.RecognizerBase.Initialize(SapiRecognizer recognizer, Boolean inproc)
   at System.Speech.Recognition.SpeechRecognitionEngine.get_RecoBase()
   at NBA_2K_Speech_Recognition_Tool.MainWindow..ctor() in e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA 2K Speech Recognition Tool\NBA 2K Speech Recognition Tool\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 75
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.RewrapException(Exception e, IXamlLineInfo lineInfo, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)
   at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

No recognizer is installed.
showtime94

Postby Leftos on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:56 am

Hmm, what Windows are you running on?

Press Win-R, type winver and press OK. Should tell you the exact version. Also try reinstalling .NET Framework 4.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby showtime94 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:59 am

I had .NET framework 4 installed before this tool, I installed it again after thinking that the problem was with that, but it didn't work so I doubt that reinstalling .NET framework 4 will work. I run Windows 7 32-bit version 6.1.
showtime94

Postby Leftos on Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:01 am

From what I'm reading, this occurs when your version of Windows doesn't come with an English speech recognition engine at all. Some localized versions of Windows don't have it, apparently. Don't know how I could help you with that.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby showtime94 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:03 am

Well I thought about that as well. I run my native language on Win7 (obviously), but i didn't want to change the language setting because it might mess something up. I'll try switching the language to English, which might solve the problem.
showtime94

Postby lolward1 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:51 pm

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: The invocation of the constructor on type 'NBA_2K_Speech_Recognition_Tool.MainWindow' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception. ---> System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.
at System.Speech.Internal.SapiInterop.SapiProxy.MTAThread.Invoke2(VoidDelegate pfn)
at System.Speech.Internal.SapiInterop.SapiRecognizer.SetInput(Object input, Boolean allowFormatChanges)
at System.Speech.Recognition.RecognizerBase.SetInputToDefaultAudioDevice()
at NBA_2K_Speech_Recognition_Tool.MainWindow..ctor() in e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA 2K Speech Recognition Tool\NBA 2K Speech Recognition Tool\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 75
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.RewrapException(Exception e, IXamlLineInfo lineInfo, Uri baseUri)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Value does not fall within the expected range.

Thanks men but i have a problem cause this error always apears when i open this tool and again thanks! hope you reply with this problem :bowdown2:
lolward1

Postby Leftos on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:13 pm

Don't know what's going wrong on your end. I can see that the program crashes when it tries to grab your microphone or the default recording device, so maybe go to Control Panel > Sound > Recording Devices and make sure your sound card's microphone port is the default, and that the microphone is available for recording.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Magic Tmac1 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:37 pm

showtime94 wrote:
Code: Select all
System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: The invocation of the constructor on type 'NBA_2K_Speech_Recognition_Tool.MainWindow' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception. ---> System.PlatformNotSupportedException: No recognizer is installed.
   at System.Speech.Recognition.RecognizerBase.Initialize(SapiRecognizer recognizer, Boolean inproc)
   at System.Speech.Recognition.SpeechRecognitionEngine.get_RecoBase()

No recognizer is installed.

Same problem here... It's the default mic in Control Panel, and FM 4.0 is installed correctly... Maybe it's because I am running a Windows 7 64 bit, with Italian Language?
From Italy, Romagna rulez!!!
Magic Tmac1

Postby Leftos on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:00 pm

Yeah, apparently some localized versions of Windows 7 don't have the English Speech Recognition Engine installed.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby whbro on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:01 pm

I m having the same problem too.(ο ελληνας που σου εστειλε και στο youtube ειμαι)

I have the greek edition of windows 7 , and i have no speech recognition engine?Its weird.Also , i tried to search it on gooogle but i didnt find anything.
This tool requires only microsoft's engine doesn't it?

ImageImage
I am an Olympiacos and LA Lakers Fan!!!!
whbro

Postby Leftos on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:10 pm

Maybe downloading the English Language Pack could help:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... ows-update

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby khumhag06 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:12 am

Sir Leftos im having problem on this tool Kinect-like speech recgnition tool v0.3.1.1 its like it never detect my any command im using your tool to 2k13 and i applied your keyboard base on the readme file...i read your tips like " opening the tool 1st then "i say sumthing like "computer" it never detects the result is just like this " 10:26PM:SRE reset" ...i tried it in 2k12 nothin happen either in 2k13..i have english language pack..and my microphone is working good...help me sir please
khumhag06

Postby Leftos on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:18 am

Don't know what to tell you. If you're speaking the commands into your microphone, you have selected it as the default recording device, you can record yourself in any other program, but it doesn't work in the tool, I'm out of ideas.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby khumhag06 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:42 am

Sis can you post an "screenshot keyboard binding" for NBA2k13 so we can apply it clearly cause 2k13 has a differ controlls...i really admire your tools.. (Y) (Y) ..im just requesting with please... :wink:
khumhag06

Postby Leftos on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:47 am

Just apply them in the order of the post above.
viewtopic.php?p=1549233#p1549233

Sure, the names have changed, but the order is the same.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby khumhag06 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:04 am

thnx sir...bow down to the king ^_^ :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown2: ...really appreciated it thnx more power..
khumhag06

Postby airjoca on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:28 am

I've got the tool working great, tested it, recognizes the voice commands.

In game i've set the controls like they are shown, but for whatever reason they seem switched or mixed.

For example, I say ISO and my player passes the ball. Do you have any idea of what may cause this?

Thx
airjoca

Postby Leftos on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:33 am

Try not using your gamepad right after you speak the command.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby airjoca on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:55 pm

Leftos wrote:Try not using your gamepad right after you speak the command.

I tried completely letting go of the gamepad. I noticed that "timeout" works for example. Weird.
airjoca

Postby Leftos on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:09 pm

Are you sure you've assigned Tab to the Positional Plays button?

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K13 Modding