NBA 2K13 Patch/Mod Directory [Submit Yourselves!]

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K13 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

NBA 2K13 Patch/Mod Directory [Submit Yourselves!]

Postby Leftos on Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:55 pm

Since we're already finding out that 2K12 tools are compatible with some 2K13 files, I wanted to start this as early as possible, so that we have a thread that categorizes all the available patches and mods, like 2K12.

Modders and Users: If you see any patches missing, reply with a link to the modder's thread.
Moderators and Team Members: Feel free to edit the thread to keep it up-to-date.

NBA 2K13 Mods

Community Modding Projects
No better thing in the world than to see the community come together and work on modding projects. These projects shall follow the open-source principals, where every bit of research and work is available to the public for everyone to learn and help. Join one or more projects, become a (better) modder, and get together with some of the best of the community!

Rosters
The base for a good experience. You need the latest and greatest rosters, which usually include the latest transfers, updated ratings, coach profiles, skills, rotations, signature moves, etc. Here's what we have:

Partial Roster Updates
Signature shots, accessories, tattoo setups, and all the other smaller roster updates that can be implemented in any roster, even yours!
Signature Shots
Accessories
  • None available yet

Sliders
Nearly every variable that affects the gameplay can be edited and adjusted to your liking. Specific slider sets try to either achieve more realistic stats, better gameplay, gameplay that's more fun, or any combination of the above.

Draft Classes
Get realistic future rookies for your Association!

Superglobals
The Global file contains textures, settings and models used everywhere in the game, such as skin textures for the players, specific game icons, etc. Superglobals combine several modders' work on many fronts into one file, so check out each superglobal's feature list to see what updates you're getting with it.

Global additions
Mods that you can import into your global file, if you're using the default 2K global, or a superglobal that doesn't have this specific mod.
  • None available yet

Cyberfaces
Cyberfaces are the players' faces' models, as well as face and body textures. Although 2K does a modest job providing good cyberfaces for most players, the modding community amazes us every year with its work on this front. Take a look!

Portraits
Just like the name says, these mods update and add new player portraits into the game. Look for the player portraits mod that's compatible with the modded roster you downloaded for the best experience.

Arenas
Get the latest and most realistic arenas for your favorite teams ...or the whole league while you're at it!
First made for 2K13
2K12 list (fully compatible, may be outdated)

Partial Arena Updates
Some modders are good at some stuff, some are better at other stuff. These modders know their work in a specific part of the Arenas, and offer these updates separately.
Floors
Dornas

Jerseys
Jerseys are as important to the game as coffee is to a good breakfast of mine. And in Clark Kellog's words, "DON'T MISS BREAKFAST!"

Shoes
You're going on the court wearing THAT? You can't be serious. Here's some better shoes for you to select from.
  • None available yet

UI & Overlay
Every mod that tries to improve on the game's user interface and overlays should be here!
Full Network Mods
  • None available yet
Scoreboards
  • None available yet
Icons & Logos

ENB Shadow & Color Mods
Realistic ENB mods try to offer crisper colors and improved shadows throughout the game, but you can find ENB mods for any taste, such as cel-shaded ENB mods, classic TV ENB mods (for black & white gameplay), etc.
  • None available yet

Miscellaneous
Mods that don't fit into any other category will be put here. They're the last -but not least- mods! You have to check them out!

Total Conversions
Total Conversions are mods that change the game's core, by either completely replacing the roster (NCAA, FIBA, Euroleague, etc), arenas (Street), jerseys, etc. They should provide you with a whole new gameplay experience, if you ever get bored of the NBA or just want to try something new.

Tools
From the beginner to the expert, modders need tools. If you want to get into modding or want to find that missing tool that does the job you wanted, look here!
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Re: NBA 2K13 Patch/Mod Directory

Postby IronMike on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:37 pm

I promise u guys i will have the 1st 2k13 cf ever! Lol after school im going straight to gamestop buying a pc copy!
#FREEMEEKMILL
IronMike
0-100 Real Quick

Postby Like A Boss on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:48 pm

I wish I can make the 1st global :)
Like A Boss
Bulls

Postby JaoSming on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:51 pm

hey! I made a floor!
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:00 pm

Oh, I thought that was a test thing. Care to create a thread to start off your 2K13 work so that I can link to that? Hell, you're an Admin, add yourself to the list after you create the thread. :P

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby JaoSming on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:04 pm

nope!
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:06 pm

Then no entry for you.
hate you

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby seanjohn2525 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:30 am

LOL :D :D
seanjohn2525

Postby Leftos on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:59 pm

I think I've covered everything I've missed over the past few hours of sleep. :P

As always, if you see something missing, or if you're a modder and I haven't added your work, feel free to reply.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Nick on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:54 pm

As time progresses, this thread will be a god send. Thanks for the effort Leftos.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby Leftos on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:52 pm

Nick, yeah, it's already outdated though, because I can't keep up with everything considering I'm building 2K13 tools and finishing my thesis at the same time (never mind playing 2K13! LAWL!) so if anybody wants to help by posting an occasional reply with things I might've missed, I'd appreciate it.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Like A Boss on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:40 am

Leftos, my global thread: viewtopic.php?f=149&t=88095
Like A Boss
Bulls

Postby RapboY on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:42 am

RapboY

Postby Leftos on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:47 am

Added both. Thanks.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby IronMike on Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:43 am

Hey leftos heres my cf thread
viewtopic.php?f=149&t=88071
#FREEMEEKMILL
IronMike
0-100 Real Quick

Postby wilson27 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:23 pm

Your Tip Here :D
wilson27

Postby Leftos on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:35 pm

Well hi to you too! :D

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby ticarex on Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:59 am

ticarex

Postby tnt23 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:43 am

thx for this recap !
ALLTiME ALLSTARS
tnt23

Postby Pimp Daddy Wite Boy on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:20 pm

SweetFX is pretty nice

You can add SMAA anti-aliasing , sharpening and tweak the color, gamma , exposure and more.
It's meant to allow you to improve the look of your games and change the look and mood of it to your liking.
If you use SMAA antialiasing instead of MSAA or an even more expensive antialaliasing technique you can also make the game run faster (than with MSAA)

It can currently add:

* SMAA (anti-aliases the image using the SMAA technique )
* LumaSharpen (Sharpens the image, making details easier to see)
* Bloom (Makes strong lights bleed their light into their surroundings)
* HDR (mimics an HDR look)
* Technicolor (Makes the image look like it was processed using a three-strip Technicolor process )
* Tonemap (Light and color adjustments)
* Vibrance (Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation)
* Sepia (Sepia tones the image )
* Vignette (Adds a vignette that darkens the borders to the image )
* Dither (Dithers the image making it look like it was displayed on a monitor with more colors than actually present )

It works with all 32bit DirectX 9 , 10 and 11 games (and many applications).
It does NOT work with 64bit game executables - use the 32bit version of your game if it gives you a choice between 32 and 64bit.
It works with all graphics cards as long as they support at least shader model 3.

Download here: http://dropcanvas.com/l46x9
It seriously makes the graphics more crisp, sorta making it look more detailed
you can turn it off and on with the ScrLk/Scroll Lock button. when in a replay(to obviously get a better look) you can tell theres better detailing on the shoes and jerseys along with that the wood on the courts seem to look slightly better/clearer
Pimp Daddy Wite Boy

Postby Leftos on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:26 pm

If you have some particular settings for it that make 2K13 look good, make sure to post them.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby daninoz on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:30 pm

daninoz

Postby Leftos on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:37 pm

solovoy, thanks for the heads up.

Pimp Daddy Wite Boy, if you find some good settings for it, or want to let people know it exists, create a thread for it, so that I can link to the discussion thread. I'd rather link to threads than downloads.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Pimp Daddy Wite Boy on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:15 pm

ive honestly been using the stock settings. figured id put it in here since the ENB was listed. havent really messed with the settings yet, stock seems nice as is but im sure someone could fiddle with it some to prolly get better results
mainly posted it cuz there are other people better than i am here that know wtf theyre doing :mrgreen:
Pimp Daddy Wite Boy

Postby Leftos on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:50 pm

I haven't kept up with the gazillion of modding projects in this forum because of my own modding and other personal issues.

So if you want your thread added, please reply with a link to the discussion thread of your project and I'll make sure to add it.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Next

Return to NBA 2K13 Modding