Bugs & Glitches

Talk about NBA 2K13 here.

Bugs & Glitches

Postby Leftos on Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:46 pm

It's that time of the year again. Time to find out what 2K has managed to do to ruin our experience! :P So use this thread, and only this thread, to report bugs and glitches with the game. Use the following template to post:

Code: Select all
[b]Bug description:[/b]

[b]Platform (PC/X360/PS3):[/b]

[b]Game Mode:[/b]

[b]Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen:[/b]
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Re: Bugs & Glitches

Postby Westwindization on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:02 am

fixed
Last edited by Westwindization on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Westwindization

Postby jay-r on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:13 am

Replay bug - in some instances replay has short footage of some other play and footage is broken up.
jay-r

Postby JaoSming on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:30 am

Yea replay is completely fucked half the time. Shows random plays from a few possessions ago and doesn't fix if you use gametrack to see a play.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby volsey on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:30 am

Ugh, in MyCareer your team drafts you and the player they originally would have picked if not for you. So in other words they get two players with one pick.

My Raptors have MyPlayer and T. Ross both chosen with the 8th overall pick. Son of a bitch VC do something right.

Wasn't this a bug in 2k11 or 12, that was later fixed. How do you screw something up when you don't change anything?
volsey

Postby JaoSming on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:38 am

Bug description: Blacktop Players Missing

Platform (PC/X360/PS3): PC

Game Mode: Blacktop

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen:
Since the PC version doesn't have VC, players are missing from the Blacktop player pool. On consoles you have to pay VC to use star players in Blacktop. On PC, those players just don't exist in that mode.

also

phpBB [video]
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Zeph on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:26 am

I hope this is a bug, but it's to do with the pads and calf sleeves not being able to be used together. You either get a pad or a leg sleeve :evil: I've tried it with different combinations and none of them work. The same goes for the ankle braces. They don't appear with long leg sleeves.
Zeph

Postby squishymcman on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:32 am

Bug description: My Career save & exit stat problems

Platform (PC/X360/PS3): X360

Game Mode: My Career

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen:
So I was halfway through a My Career game and my buddy wanted to play a match so I did the ol' save and exit to come back to it later. When I came to the My Career game, which was somewhere in the middle of the 3rd quarter, my player's stats and grade had both been reset as if I had just started the game. Come to think of it I never actually checked the box score to see if my stats were actually gone or if it was just a bug with the little performance window, but either way my progress through the game had most definitely reset. I don't know if anyone else has run across this problem and I'm sure it doesn't occur 100% of the time, but the fact that it happened at all was pretty outrageous.
squishymcman

Postby JaoSming on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:50 am

Bug description: Replay Gone Missing

Game Mode: MyCAREER

After watching one replay, the option was grayed out for the rest of the game. Gametrack didn't work anymore either.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Tidal on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:46 pm

JaoSming wrote:Bug description: Replay Gone Missing

Game Mode: MyCAREER

After watching one replay, the option was grayed out for the rest of the game. Gametrack didn't work anymore either.

This is a huge one for me! Very, very aggravating :twisted: Another one also:

[b]Bug description: Setting do not save

[b]Platform (PC/X360/PS3):PC

[b]Game Mode: MyCareer

[b]Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: I first played a quick game, changed the camera and it noticed next game I still had to change it back. Well then in MyCareer I changed the Sim Quarter Length and quarter length to 6 minutes, My first 5 games I've played the total score has been damn near 100 everytime. Yet I'm only playing 3-4.5 minutes a game. Really can't get SP like that. Also makes it hard to accumulate in stats in MyCareer.
My friends call me "hadouken", because I'm a down right fierce.
Tidal

Postby benji on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:53 pm

Bug description: CAN'T CHANGE MYPLAYER

Platform (PC/X360/PS3): ALL OF THEM

Game Mode: MYPLAYER

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: STUPIDITY AT VC, DUMB OBSESSION WITH LEADERBOARDS AND FAKE CURRENCIES
benji

Postby volsey on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:08 pm

benji wrote:Bug description: CAN'T CHANGE MYPLAYER

Platform (PC/X360/PS3): ALL OF THEM

Game Mode: MYPLAYER

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: STUPIDITY AT VC, DUMB OBSESSION WITH LEADERBOARDS AND FAKE CURRENCIES

haha, you can however have multiple MyCareers going with the same MyPlayer. You're able to change his heigh weight position skillset.

But yea I realize that doesn't solve the problem, management at VC must honestly be retarded, too many little things added, removed re-added, each year.
volsey

Postby benji on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:28 pm

It's "easy" enough on PC to swap MyProfile files.

I have an idea for a little program to do this in a more user friendly way. I'll see if I can make it unless someone else beats me to the punch.
benji

Postby Leftos on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:34 pm

benji, as I've posted in the Community Modding Projects thread, I'm planning on building a tool to switch slider sets inside the Settings file, so I feel we could implement your thing and my thing in the same tool, kind of an all-around 2K13 switcher.

I'm here to help if you're interested. PM the hell out of me.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Nick on Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:42 pm

Yep replay is wacked out on PC. :roll: God.

Bug description: Stuck replay.

Platform (PC/X360/PS3): PC.

Game Mode: In-game (exhibition)

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: I don't know what causes it, but the game will just fixate on one play for the entire game. Whenever the game tries to replay a nice play, it shows footage of the same play from the 1st quarter and cut away. So essentially it shows you like 1 second worth of an unrelated replay from early in the game. On top of that, when you pause the game and go to 'instant replay', you still can't see your play, because it's still only showing that unrelated play from early in the game.
I'm not sure if this is in every game, but it has happened in the 1st two games i've played. What's the point in having sweet animations if you can't replay?
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby Zeph on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:15 pm

Bug description: Chris Webber missing

Platform (PC/X360/PS3): I've only seen it on PC ( i think)

Game Mode: None, roster problem

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Checking the 01 -02 Kings, you can clearly see there's no C-Webb. Not sure if its a bug or deliberate due to privacy issues (C-Webb not wanting to be in the game etc.)
Zeph

Postby benji on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:40 pm

He's not in any version of the game. Like Kareem, Dr. J, etc. they wanted more $$$ to return.
benji

Postby Zeph on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:46 pm

Thanks, I didn't know that. Well at least Chuck finally agrees to be in the game
Zeph

Postby Kinggdawg on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:10 pm

Bug description: No Arena sound music and no half time report music? Only commentary..

Game Mode: ALL (especially MyCareer)

I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be in game arena music...all i hear is commentary even at the half time report and post game, what's wrong i've even checked settings,
nothing has been turned off that would cause this
The King
LeBron James #23
CLEVELAND CAVALIERS
Kinggdawg

Postby Jeffx on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:50 am

Bug Description: I lose the commentary midway through playing a game, and when I pause it freezes (same crap happened with 2K11).

Platform: PS3

Game Mode: ALL

This is straight bullshit man. Can't even get through a fucking game. If 2k doesn't patch this ASAP, I'm getting my money back. No excuse for this. I might as well go back to 2K11.
Jeffx

Postby Dmayne on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:36 am

Bug description: Can't change shoes while in edit player. Can't change home/away shoe colors.

Platform (PC/X360/PS3): All

Game Mode: Any

Specific steps to reproduce the bug: When you edit player and go to tab - GEAR and SHOES, there are no fucking shoes.

I can't believe 2K overlooked this, not only that but by looking at the shoe files, they pretty much destroyed any hopes of shoe modding.
Dmayne

Postby JaoSming on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:06 am

Dmayne wrote:Bug description: Can't change shoes while in edit player. Can't change home/away shoe colors.

Platform (PC/X360/PS3): All

Game Mode: Any

Specific steps to reproduce the bug: When you edit player and go to tab - GEAR and SHOES, there are no fucking shoes.

I can't believe 2K overlooked this, not only that but by looking at the shoe files, they pretty much destroyed any hopes of shoe modding.

Features, 2K Shoes, My Shoes, find shoe, select equip show, find player, done.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby mduzy123 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:30 am

there is no "medium" option in player level of detail setting. Only "high" and "low" are there.
There was one in 2k12.
It makes setting optimum graphic in older computers almost impossible. Either you have ugly textures with "low" or you can't play at all.
"medium" made graphic look nice and allowed to run the game smoothly.
Any solutions or ideas?
mduzy123

Postby bendemisi on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:16 am

Cannot edit Adidas Crazy Shadow in My shoes
its all grey

but in the roster it shows up correctly.

from all the shoes in 2k13 this is the only one i have in real life but it has to be f***ed up
bendemisi

Postby Kristo on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:32 am

Scoreboard disappears

PC (Don't know about PS3/360)

Blacktop

After showing replay (which as mentioned is fucked up also) scoreboard disappears.
I don't know if it happens in other game modes also, since my laptop isn't good enough to let me play 5 on 5 properly on good settings and my desktop PC RAM was faulty when i bought it and returned it today to guarantee and it takes at least a week to get new one. So maybe someone can confirm this bug or is this somwhow my fault
English is not my native language.
Kristo

Next

Return to NBA 2K13