Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

Postby JaoSming on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:09 am

The Developers want feedback and community input, so lets give it to them.

Read this first - viewtopic.php?p=1548697#p1548697

Copy and paste the following into your reply and fill it out accordingly. Only reply once and edit your post if you want to rearrange items (make a note at the top of your reply when your last revision was).
Please, NO discussion in this thread unless directed by an EA Developer. We should try and keep this as organized and easy to read as possible.

If you can't fill up a full 10, it is OK.

Code: Select all
My Top 10 for

[b]Gameplay Offense[/b]
[list=1][*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]
[b]Gameplay Defense[/b]
[list=1][*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]
[b]Gameplay Miscellaneous[/b]
[list=1][*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]
[b]Graphics[/b]
[list=1][*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]
[b]Presentation[/b]
[list=1][*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]
[b]Menus[/b]
[list=1][*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]
[b]Dynasty Mode[/b]
[list=1][*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]
[b]Online Games[/b]
[list=1][*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]
[b]Online Modes[/b]
[list=1][*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]
[b]Roster Management[/b]
[list=1][*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]
[b]Additional Game Modes[/b]
[list=1][*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Re: Feedback: Your Top Ten in Each Category

Postby JaoSming on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:35 am

My Top 10 for

Gameplay Offense
  1. freestyle/quickstrick dribbling on Right stick
  2. Better animations for off-ball players, no standing around, each player actively guarding and doing something
  3. Total control over passes, let us choose a manual bounce/lob/chest pass and force the game to do that pass if we choose it
  4. No 2 player animations
  5. Offensive rebounding options (Y=normal rebound, B=tap in, X=tap out to guard/pass rebound, X=attempt tip slam)
  6. Split Button Controls for Shoot/Dunk&Layup at least an option
  7. Keep the offensive players running back before the rebound (leaked video)
Gameplay Defense
  1. No 2 player Animations
  2. Keep post defense separated from the offensive player
  3. Allow for all players to block any player if their hand hits the ball
  4. Improve rebounding and boxing out, better tracking so the ball misses the animation, boxed out players can't warp around the boxer outer
  5. have a slider to assist the player with staying in front of their man (AI influence over Left Stick movement)
Gameplay Miscellaneous
  1. No 2 Player Animations in Gameplay
  2. Keep letting the ball sail into the crowd (leaked video)
  3. Add atmospheric animations of players colliding with the backboard, refs, camera people, tables, bench, crowd, etc
  4. Prioritize control over footplanting and sliding and other animation controlled things.
Graphics
  1. Utilize HDR shaders from Madden or custom.
  2. Add wrinkles to the jersey textures, don't rely on lighting on the cloth
  3. Use the Live 10 models or create new player models
  4. Completely redo the uniform models
  5. Keep differing warmup uniforms from the bench
Presentation
  1. ESPN license as seen in leaked video
  2. keep that sound and atmosphere audio, its amazing
  3. bring back road team fans in the crowds from Live 10
  4. keep floor reflections graphics from the trailer, first game ever to reflect stadium lighting and it just looked amazing overall
  5. add "fog" depth of field as in Paul pierce and Dirk shots in trailer
Menus
  1. Keep Live 06-10 shoot around gym on loading
  2. Allow player to start modes, online, etc from the loading gym by moving the player to certain spots
  3. menus can get a bit dull with too much text in dynasty in EA games, but it does the job well
Dynasty Mode
  1. new CBA
  2. 3 team trades
  3. team directions each year or goals
  4. off-court cutscenes for trades/signings, etc
  5. keep the practice and development stuff from Live 09/10
  6. control all 30 teams
Online Games
  1. scouting reports on usertendencies
  2. show user hotspots on floor with a button switch (not current player, but see if a guy has a favorite 3pt spot or all shots in lane)
  3. add Microsoft TruSkill for ranked
Online Modes
  1. EASBA
  2. Street "crew" mode
  3. ranked options for each difficulty
  4. unranked games can use custom rosters/sliders
Roster Management
  1. global rating edits
  2. create a team (idealy 30 for custom dynasties)
  3. more create a player slots (at least enough to replace entire NBA)
Additional Game Modes
  1. Situation
  2. Become Legendary
  3. Mini-Games (horse, 21, 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 half and full court)
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Nick on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:44 am

I know you said no discussion - feel free to delete this post after this is cleared up - but what is this a top 10 for exactly? Wishes or top 10 features from the past? I assume it's wishes but it needs to be clear.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby Nick on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:04 am

This is great. Big thanks to the NBALive devs for their willingness to listen. Straight into it...

My Top 10 for (last revised Oct 2nd)

Gameplay Offense
Gameplay Defense
Gameplay Miscellaneous
  1. ANIMATIONS. Replicate real life basketball.
Graphics
Presentation
  1. Replicate real TV broadcast as closely as possible.
Menus
  1. I liked NBA Live 2001's white layout. But maybe that's a personal nostalgic thing.
Dynasty Mode
  1. Specific "team direction" setting for CPU team building. I.e. have teams set as either "win now" or "rebuilding" or "sell tickets" or whatever else, and have teams make their transactions based on their "team direction/intention"/"organization strategy". I.e. a team in "win now" mode would be more likely to take on salary and talented veterans in order to bolster the lineup, aswell as be more inclined to draft players that can help now rather than have potential. Whereas a team in "rebuild" mode would be more likely to trade for youth, picks, and dump salary and aging stars. Maybe the team direction can be influenced by the team owner?
  2. Creating history. The biggest appeal of Dynasty mode for me is that of making history and creating legacies. Be it for players or teams, or even for eras in time for the entire league, creating history is what gives Dynasty mode meaning. So that means - lots of historic ranking tables and advanced stats for teams and players. It can also mean news headlines that are savvy to historic factors in the mode? For example, say it's the year 2020. I find myself constantly thinking things like - "where does this player rank in history? [player] has x amount of rings, where does this rank him? [team] is very talented and have been winning consistently for a few seasons now, how do they rank compared to other great teams of the past? Which organizations have the most history? Which organizations win the most? Etc. All i'm saying is to somehow incorporate the "making history" factor as the mode goes along and it is then given a whole new meaning.
  3. The ability to (as the GM) interact with people (e.g. team owner, players, media, coaching staff) via the form of text conversation. Be given various options to respond with in text conversation. Be approached by people, or be given to the option to approach people. Maybe the coach will ask you for strategy suggestions. Or maybe you will approach a player about an issue. Each conversation has an actual consequence. And different responses have different corresponding outcomes. I.e. a conversation with the team owner might persuade him that it's time to become a "win now" team instead of a "rebuilding team". A conversation with the coaching staff might suggest for them to give young players more playing time. A conversation with a journalist might have some sort of affect on your players, or organization prestige as a whole.
Online Games
  1. Clean connection with no lag and reliable servers in order to play against people online as smoothly as it were offline.
Online Modes
  1. Co-op. It's cool to play on the same team as people (maybe with player lock?)
Roster Management
  1. More emphasis on mental ratings. Basketball is half physical and half internal/mental. Currently ratings represent mostly just physical aspects (i lump 'technical skills' into the physical category). I would like to see the mental aspect of the game better represented. Check out the way Football Manager breaks down attributes by click on this picture
Additional Game Modes
Last edited by Nick on Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby Mr LostSoul on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:34 am

My Top 10 for
Edited November 21st

Gameplay Offense
    [1.] momentum left/right/forward shots *ala live 10*

[2.] It looks unauthentic shooting a jump-shot in the paint. More floaters,tear drops, paint-esq shots in the paint

[3.] lots of Contact shot attempts in the paint - contact showing layups/dunks while still having control to change shot,pass/contest shot, take a charge

[4.] freestyle dribble/quick strike- double between the legs,in n outs, quck cross, wide cross, hesitations, spin, half spin, step backs. Maybe a custamizable signatures/style move-lists you can add for those inputs and change at the edit screen?

[5.] way to cancel/counter everything or most things

[6.]tip dunks,tip ins, tip outs (contact rebounding)

[7.] real time alley oop speeds. Live 10 you went matrix every time you went up for one (contact oops!!)

[8.] Shooter/Scorer/Contact - "3p,mid,ins" ratings. (Shooter=Novack,Kevin Martin/ Scorer=Kobe,Melo/ Contact=Lebron,Wade)
    of course some of them fit into multiple categories Its just an example.
    A shooter should specialize in open shots and not contested. A scorer should do well in contested shots and fadeaways. Contact finishing with contact and 1s ect

[9.] triple threat game- swing throughs, jabs, pivoting, protecting the ball
Gameplay Defense
    [1.] being able to counter everything the offensive player does, MAKE SURE defenders box out especially on freethrows. unlike live 10

[2.] ability to get up tight into the offensive player, realistically where you risk getting beat (but force them to fade of some sort if they put it up.)

[3.] better shot contests, more affecting there vision/rushing them as opposed to trying to block the jump shot every time. But in the paint they should jump with swatting intentions. A turbo block intent / non turbo simple contest would do to.

[4.] again causing contact influenced shots on most attempts in the paint if a defender is THERE. Not saying contact shots have to be garbage attempts, have good contact and bad contact rating,position influenced. again remaining control of both player choices from this point. Don't force the defender to jump
    let the contact happen with the defender on the floor and choose what he wants to do

[5.] blocks again- when chasing or running it always bothered me when i tried to contest the shot my player would jump straight up instead of going after while they get an uncontested basket at the rim.

[6.] Rotations in paint - Make defenders in the paint if not controlled automatically put their hands up and make the shot difficult instead of just
    squatting looking at the offensive player. Get the hands up make some TREES.

[7.] post play- What Jao said about the defensive/offensive post play interaction

[8.] intentional fouls- to many times a game ends because you trigger intentional foul and lose the ability to run because your stuck in a zombie animation
    [9.] intentional hacks- *ala nba live 06 ps2* keep tapping the steal buttion you'll intentionally hack them but one for AT RIM contests would be nice by keep tapping the block buttion. Say tap one of those one of buttons 3 times fast and it actives.
    flagrant fouls if you intentionally hack over pressing the buttons more then 3 times (it can but unlikely to be called) but pressing them well over 4-5 times it'll be more likely to be called a flagrant.? ------just throwing an idea out
Gameplay Miscellaneous
    [1.] HYPE streaks- When your on fire or make a certain amount of shots in a row *quicker to happen sooner with a star player*, the crowd gets involved and there's a bulls-eye so to say on that player.
    Like after say 3-5 difficult shots in a row the crowd starts awing when they get ready to shoot and the commentators would get involved making coments "BRYANT AGAIN!! He's GOT IT AGAIN!" of that nature, crowd lets out a bigger "AAWWW OOOHHH" eventually start standing up when that player gets the ball and if rival/playoff atmosphere they'd *cheer in relief when they get a stop. *ala* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyd4NPvzKQg would add alot to fun factor if theres multiple quotes from the commentators to differentiate.

[2] When a player with a high dunk rating, star, or hype streaking gets a breakaway the fans should get louder (awing or cheering) in anticipation before the finish and continue louder after the finish.

[3.] A way to sort out HIGHLIGHT plays, circus layups, postures, difficult shots, timely threes that makes the crowd go bezerk and it gets commentated on and replayed while the crowd buzzes.

[4.] Crowd atmosphere enhance crowd force- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMKUbN26 ... page#t=36s Have it where in regular season games it'd only happen for big time matchups and clutch baskets. But come playoff time it would be there right off the bat/ most of the game as long as the home team is in good position ala coming back from a large lead, tying the game, taking the lead, with the lead ect.

[5.] More crowd chants. "beat la" should be there right off the bat in the playoffs along with "beat the heat".
"nanna na hey hey hey good bye" playoff series clinching chant. The best of all worlds if there was a way to let us create our own crowd chants in one of the menus and have places it should be played back at in the games.

Graphics
  1. Chris Pual looks a bit like Deandre Jordan from the pic I saw dunno if its a bad angle or not but yeh
  2. again dont know where the current progress is but it could use more shading and lightning on player skins
  3. The arms look like they dont have much detail in them
  4. jerseys need more touch- lightning,shading, flowing
Presentation
  1. Mainly just the hype streak i mentioned above
  2. Make sure the gametrack replays work for the whole game
  3. show some missed shots / crucial plays on replays, like a missed game winner with it being commented on by the Jeff and Breen
Menus
[1.] mix of old school music and new school *Live 98's music was classic*
    Dynasty Mode
    1. pre-season
    2. having to play drills for the development

Roster Management
    1. A HOME and AWAY edit- where you can edit the home accesseries and away accesseries so you dont have to keep switching every time you want to be fitted home and away
    Additional Game Modes
    1. Playoff mode/situation
    2. HORSE/OUT?
    3. around the world?
    4. offensive contest going 1 vs 1-5(pending on difficulty) defenders and see who can get the best score
    5. street 1vs1 2vs2 3vs3 4vs4 5vs5 , 21

[6.] All star weekend and the dunk contest would be cool but i feel its not gonna happen so its this far down the list

[7] Street League/tournament - have 20 teams draft 1-5 players(however many players picked via options) for a team *randomize the USER's draft spot 1-4* and have 4 leagues where the teams who drafted in the Top 4 LEAD respectively,and have to play all the teams in their league in single elimination games to reach the final 4. Whoever knocks off the leader takes their place and finish where they left off.
      Whatever 4 teams comes out face in 2 series best of 7 playoff style for the street championship.
      If the USER chooses not to be a LEADER they'd get anywhere from a 5-20(random) draft spot and randomly sorted position in the brackets. So if they get a 20 pick they'd want to be placed last on one of those 4 league brackets (since they'd have the weakest roster) so it would be 1 game then final four assuming they win.
    Last edited by Mr LostSoul on Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:59 pm, edited 37 times in total.
    Mr LostSoul

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:41 am

Nick wrote:I know you said no discussion - feel free to delete this post after this is cleared up - but what is this a top 10 for exactly? Wishes or top 10 features from the past? I assume it's wishes but it needs to be clear.

You assume correctly. :)
    Andrew
    Assist Enthusiast
    Administrator

Postby The X on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:09 am

[Last revised: 3 Oct 2012]

My Top 10 for

Gameplay Offense
    Gameplay Defense
    Gameplay Miscellaneous
    Graphics
    Presentation
    Menus
    Dynasty Mode
    1. New CBA rules
    2. Clear cut franchise/team directions. Naturally for the majority of teams in league, these should change over the course of a dynasty to reflect where the team's roster etc is. Although some teams like Lakers will always look to spend dollars & build a championship contender.
    3. Improved trade AI. I don't mind seemingly one-sided trades though, provided it links into franchise/team directions, e.g. salary dumps, stockpiling draft picks etc.
    4. Improved free agency AI. Mid-level free agency should not go unsigned. This is where your MLE & other exemptions come into play. A player will generally sign for minimum rather than not sign for anybody (unless they're ready to retire anyways or are Sprewell & need to feed their families). Better cap management from teams will allow this to function better.
    5. Improved stats engine (should closely resemble real life, although I understand it will never be perfect. I'm assuming stats based on combination of specific ratings & tendencies).
    6. Improved & editable draft classes re variance, player looks, names should always come from recorded names database, skills for positions should be relative but allow for diamonds in the rough etc.
    7. Variable season length (i.e. 29, 58 or 82)
    8. Sim intervention (was a great feature, handy for us dads)
    9. Dynasty history. Let us retire jerseys again, don't let free agents, rookies wear Hakeem's #34 in Houston. It's the little things after all.
    10. Player portraits for generic players should be their in-game cyberfaces. I hate/loathe the blank silhouette or the fake face. For me this is all about immersion.
    Online Games
    Online Modes
    Roster Management
    Additional Game Modes
    The X
    is
    NLSC Team Member

Postby ugh on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:10 am

My Top 10 for

Gameplay Offense
    1. Split Button controls for Shoot/Dunk
    2. Right stick dribble moves like Live 10
    3. Let us control off-ball players like in Live 10
    4. Freestyle passing from Live 10
    5. Press Y for Alley-Oop like in Live 10
    6. Quoting JaoSming "Offensive rebounding options (Y=normal rebound, B=tap in, X=tap out to guard/pass rebound, X=attempt tip slam)"
    7. Play calling system from Live 10
    8. Press B for a screen like Live 10
    9. More floaters, tear drops, finger rolls, hook shots, in the paint
    10. More contact with defenders. In Live 10, there are 1 or 2 animations involving contact with the defenders, and thats it.
    Gameplay Defense
    1. In Live 10, the steal animations mostly look like your swiping at the ball, instead of stripping the ball from the player. Minor annoyance.
    2. Blocks could look more natural, in Live 10 players jump and swipe their whole arm at the ball, instead of just jumping up, putting their arm up and swiping their hand at the ball, which is more realistic
    3. In Live 10, if an offensive player gets in the paint, its almost impossible to block them. Often your player will be facing the wrong direction, or will simply slide backwards to let the offensive player dunk on you. This needs to be changed. Sometimes you would do everything right to block their shot, but you would still just slide back and get dunked on. Very annoying.
    4. Allow us to choose between Zone or Man to Man D in-game
    Gameplay Miscellaneous
    1. More animations for everything. Passing, shooting, different dribble styles, stealing, rebounding, blocking. Variety and signature styles is key.
    2. Add the option to roll the ball up halfcourt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVhH7PG61nc
    3. Add more interaction between players and refs, the fans, coaches, and pretty much everyone. If a player or coach goes to far in talking with a ref give them a technical like real life.
    4. In-game player injuries.
    5. Look at 2k13's signature skills and see if you can tweak that for your game.
    Graphics
    1. Keep the graphics that you have. Looked fantastic in the Live 13 trailer.
    Presentation
    1. Add as many commentary lines as possible.
    2. ESPN Presentation in Elite and Live 13 looked sick. Good work.
    3. In-game replays that work offline. I don't play online, so hearing the commentators get cut-off at the end of every game in Live 10 sucked.
    4. Look at NBA 2k13's Player of the Game. The highlight package with a song from the soundtrack playing is really good.
    5. Crowd atmosphere and arena sounds during games in LIve 10 was phenomenal.
    6. Arena's looked great in the Live 13 trailer.
    7. Fog Depth of Field in Live 13 trailer was cool.
    8. Add a basic half-time show.
    Menus
    1. Soundtrack is important, I'll be playing Dynasty Mode and in Team Management for many hours, so the soundtrack needs to be solid. Live's always had a good soundtrack so I'm not worried about this. Definitely keep YP's song "Who I Be" in Live 14 if you can. Do NOT pull a 2k and sign Jay-Z or someone to handle the soundtrack. 2k's soundtrack this year has turned me off their game completely. My favorite soundtrack is probably Live 07's, with guys like Talib Kweli, Jurassic 5 and Lupe Fiasco, it had that underground feel that is integral to NBA Live, in my opinion.
    2. "Pre-Menu" shootarounds at "The Hanger" were always cool, I'd suggest leaving that in.
    3. Other than that, keep the menus clean and simple. Live 10 and basically all Live's in the past did this well.
    4. Any player you do not have a player portrait for, just use their in-game cyberface like in Live 09. Blank silhouette's just make me not want to use the player for some reason.
    Dynasty Mode
    1. Player rotations like Live 10
    2. New CBA Rules
    3. Option to control all 30 teams
    4. Three Team Trades
    5. Option for Fantasy Draft
    6. Team Direction at the start of the season like Live 10
    7. Add Pre-Season games
    8. Sim Intervention
    9. Quoting TheX on this one "Player portraits for generic players should be their in-game cyberfaces. I hate/loathe the blank silhouette or the fake face. For me this is all about immersion."
    10. Again, quoting TheX "Improved & editable draft classes re variance, player looks, names should always come from recorded names database, skills for positions should be relative but allow for diamonds in the rough etc."
    Online Games
    1. I don't play online
    Online Modes
    1. I don't play online
    Roster Management
    1. Fully editable player ratings.
    2. Fully editable team rosters.
    3. Fully editable players, ie, assecories or hair.
    Additional Game Modes
    1. FIBA
    2. Become Legendary/MyPlayer
    3. All-Star Weekend
    4. A mode like 2k's Street modes

All I got for now.
    ugh

Postby 22cedric on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:56 pm

Top 10

Gameplay
    1.A realistic, sim-oriented game with players who look, play and perform like their real life counterparts, with real team strategies and playcalling in effect.
    2.Have balance between offense and defense; reward the user for playing good defense and ensure that neither is too overpowering. Avoid blind interceptions and other cheap stuff as much as possible.
    3.Give players signature shots, moves and dribbling styles so that they not only play and perform like their real life counterparts, but look and move like them as well.
    4. Fix the alley-oop logic; alley-oops should never be thrown to players standing at the three point line. If no one is in a position to be thrown an alley-oop, pressing the button should simply result in no action.
    5. Retain elements of player control such as Pick and Roll Control, Lay-Up Control, fadeaways, floaters/runners, Direct Pass Receiver Control and the ability to shoot bank shots.
    6.Go to the pause menu in between quarters rather than going straight into gameplay, so that users can make substitutions, adjust strategy etc.
    7.In-depth and detailed playcalling, with branching plays and on-court diagrams to help out the user. Have player specific plays that are assigned to players and taken with them/integrated into their new team’s playbook if they are traded. Include inbounds plays and the ability to designate the inbounder.
    8.Bring back in-game injuries. Preferably do not have them depend on shooting fouls.
    9. Balance out user and CPU abilities; neither should be able to do things the other can't. Tone down the CPU's ability to make difficult shots and bail itself out when the user puts up a good fight defensively, or better yet make sure there's a slider to control this.
    10. Allow custom controller configurations.

Graphics
    1. Have photorealistic faces & player models.
    2. Remove the glossy look on the players
    3. The body models are not in proportion. The faces don’t resemble the real players closely enough. The heads are too big. The animations are too stiff or robotic. The lighting makes the players look too shiny, like they’re oiled up or wrapped in plastic.

Presentation
    1. Make full use of ESPN integration and have the game’s default camera angles, the overlays and general production/presentation should accurately represent a real NBA broadcast. Add NBA Shootaround to the game.
    2. .Include player intros ( make it realistic). Add a brief halftime show that highlights key performers and shows an assortment of highlights. Add a sideline reporter.
    3. Make commentary sound as organic as possible with natural sounding conversation, anecdotes and reactions to the current game situation as well as the current and recent seasons in Dynasty/Become Legendary. Have the commentators react with appropriate excitement and play off one another as in real life. Have many lines as possible without any dead air, silence, & repetition.
    4. Add a ESPN pregame, halftime, & postgame show in the game.
    5. Add the actual faces of Mike Breen & Jeff Van Gundy in the game for the ESPN Presentation.
    6.More atmosphere in the Arenas. Maybe more crowd chants or mascot antics.
    7. Have crowd, referees, coaches, mascots, cheerleaders look realistic as possible.
    8.Players, coaches, refs, fans, staff, etc, all interact with each other.
    9. Use the actual photos of the NBA players for the starting lineups
    10. Have pregame rituals, warmups

Dynasty Mode
    1.Users want a deep Dynasty Mode that offers an in-depth simulation of the NBA calendar with front office/management tasks, roster management etc in multi-season play.
    2.Have realistic simulated stats, with players putting up true-to-life numbers according to their abilities and improvement/decline. Stats should generally look realistic for at least the first few years of Dynasty Mode, before there are too many changes to the league. Make sure bench stats aren’t too low; some sixth men play over 30 minutes and put up numbers similar to starters.
    3. Include an NBA Academy-like setting where users can train and develop their players, making sure there are drills to improve all abilities. Allow users to make use of the 5-on-5 scrimmage at any time however so they can practice with their team, not just during a designated monthly development sessions as in NBA Live 09 and NBA Live 10.
    4. Include the full All-Star Weekend as part of the schedule.
    5.Expand the trading block to allow users to actively shop players and invite offers from other teams.
    6.Bring back the Confirm/Cancel option on trades, so that players can be shopped and deals agreed to in principle. When CPU teams reject deals, have them explain why they don’t want to accept it (they want more, they feel it would leave them too weak at a certain position, they want to get younger, etc). Have teams present counteroffers.
    7.Allow users to select custom season lengths: 14 games (Conference), 29 games (all teams once), 58 games (all teams twice) or 82 games (full schedule
    8.Add a Summer League and allow teams to have more than 15 players during the offseason (must trim to maximum of 15 players by the end of training camp). Conversely, allow teams to have fewer than eight players during the offseason (but enforce the rule that the roster must be adequately filled by the start of the season).
    9.Avoid the PDA style of waiting two days to find out if a trade is accepted; this should be done in "real time", as it was in NBA Live 10 and other games that have used the "push Dynasty" approach.
    10. Scores in simulated games should also be realistic, with very high/low and near-record blowouts being a rarity.

Other Modes.
    1. Have all the NBA All Star Weekend events in the game. Include Skills Challenge
    2. Include FIBA Tournment mode.
    3. Include Ultimate Team mode
    Last edited by 22cedric on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
    22cedric

Postby J@3 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:04 pm

My Top 10

Gameplay Offense
    1. Offensive awareness means something. Players positioning/movement offensively is affected heavily
    2. Make plays more of a focus, let users script plays for certain gameplay scenarios
    3. Allow us to create plays from scratch, no templates
    4. High offensive awareness = players make smarter cuts to basket, focus on beating their man off the ball, set screens without being prompted etc
    5. Low offensive awareness = not moving the ball, being in the wrong positions, not making cuts or moving around the floor, looking for their own shot first, getting into positions where they're not comfortable (i.e offensively challenged wings hanging around the three point line)
    Gameplay Defense
    1. Defensive awareness means something. Players positioning/movement defensively is affected heavily
    2. Make defense more than just blocks and steals. Positioning and movement are bigger aspects
    3. High defensive awareness = players automatically making the right switches, double teams, playing passing lanes, covering for poor defenders etc
    4. Low defensive awareness = getting lost on switches, not being in the right positions, double teaming at the wrong times/late, losing their man etc noticeable liability
    Gameplay Miscellaneous
    1. Give players "weight". Not strength or speed, weight.
    2. Reduce length/effectiveness of "turbo"
    3. Make agility matter. Some players are still agile without being exceptionally fast
    4. Make player intelligence matter positionally and also in their ability to adapt to plays and different team styles
    Graphics
    1. Make animations as life-like as possible. This can make or break a game and simultaneously distract from most gameplay flaws
    2. Passing, shooting, rebounding, running and post animations particularly
    Presentation
    1. Don't care
    Menus
    1. A statistic overview screen like this (dynasty mode): http://gyazo.com/66b646bc198151db8c0e67 ... 1349331818
    2. Again in dynasty mode, more features on the main page. Small calendar, standings, transactions, news. Like FIFA but with the NHL 2003 PC UI
    Dynasty Mode
    1. Allow 4 year scouting for college players
    2. Preview the upcoming high school senior class/rankings etc
    3. Working/functioning D-League where players actually get better
    4. Foreign players can be drafted + stashed overseas
    5. Teams going nowhere or getting oldconsciously rebuild through the draft/trades, drop salary to prepare for upcoming FA classes, go all-out in acquiring talent to try and win a championship, super teams etc
    6. Ability to trade draft rights to foreign players
    7. Olympic/World Cup-esque competition featuring generated foreigners + draft prospects + NBA foreigners etc
    8. Team owners can instruct to you start rebuilding the team, or try to acquire talent/spend more on players etc
    Online Games
    1. Don't care
    Online Modes
    1. Don't care
    Roster Management
    1. More options for creating teams, customizable jerseys (not pre-made) etc
    Additional Game Modes
    1. None, focus on getting exhibition/dynasty right
    J@3

Postby chaodck on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:32 am

My Top 10 for

Gameplay Offense
    1. Realistic movements.
    2. Create-a-Playbook feature.
    3. On the fly coaching.
    Gameplay Defense
    Gameplay Miscellaneous
    Graphics
    Presentation
    1. Multi camera angles.
    Menus
    Dynasty Mode
    1. Improve the stats engine to reflect the real numbers put up by NBA players.
    2. Introduce an economic system, with new CBA and wheighing in city markets and finances. Make each team with certain amount of cash and pay taxes (luxury) accordingly.
    3. Improve the NBA Draft Lottery and NBA Draft. Make the lottery an event worth watching with presentation and all, then make the draft better, with more scouting possibilities (all college career, international tournament scouting, high school all star games, etc.). Add the ability of selecting a player and not signing it, retaining his rights (make them tradeable). The Draft (and in a lesser way the Lottery) may change the face and history of a team, reflect that.
    4. Add the D-League, making it functional with real players and the ability to improve younger players through affiliates.
    5. Make possible to control all 30 teams, with automatation of certain tasks.
    6. Multi-team trading, with draft picks, money, future (5 years) draft picks (with lottery/top 10/top 5/ top3 protection), draft rights, exceptions, etc. All the real things that happen in the NBA. Improve the trading block, to allow offering all the items mentioned above.
    7. Add a Summer League, with rookies/free agent rosters, adding the possibility as well of teams having more than 15 players (or less than 8) during the summer. By training camp, all should be sorted and limits are enforced.
    8. Add a realistic staff management, with real positions and depth.
    9. Include complete All-Star Weekend, with all the events, Celebrities, Rookies/Soph game, Haier Shooting Stars, PG Skills game, Slam Dunk, 3 Pt. Comp. and the All Star Game.
    10. Include a "Trade-Deadline" day special, a longer day, with an in-depth rumor mill, offers and counter-offers, players comments wanting to leave teams, agent calls, and all the fanfarre surrounding the trade deadline.
    Online Games
    Online Modes
    Roster Management
    Additional Game Modes
    1. One-player to stardom mode. Make it reflect the real life of an NBA player, with the luxury, the stylish life, the fame, sponsorships. Make a Sports-RPG hybrid.
    chaodck

Postby NBALIVEBEST on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:17 am

Top 10!!

Presentation
    1- Specific crowd, arena chants per team eg Lakers band, Raptors play songs during defensive possession, this case it could be NBA Live soundtrack. This ads ultimate realism and makes makes one feel they are actually playing a real game. In short, Built/ Improved off Live 10
    2- ESPN as shown in leaked footage
    3- Main menu controlled by player moving around, while shoot around is available, built off Live 10
    4-Annoucer can actually be heard as in Live 05/07
    5-Vintage Jerseys still present, eg Vancouver Grizzlies, Seattle, however added are Kg era Wolfs, Iverson era Sixers etc
    6-More referee animations, eg once charge is taken, or foul refs hand animations animations improved.

Gameplay General-
    1- As in LIVE 07, during pressure foul shots the controller vibrates, even while the game is close the controller vibrates as a heartbeat.
    2- Everyone shoots how they shoot in real life eg KG turnaround, Kobe fad away, Duncan hook-shot. Live 08 nailed that aspect for the most part.While live 10 had generic turnarounds which took back from realism and fun.
    3- Leave the arcade feel of the game however that add certain concept of realism, find best of both worlds. Unlike 2K which is slow boring and lame.
    4- Clear path fouls
    5- Pumping up the crowd animation as in live 07, or one can do that after dunks, big shots and player will do animation specific to them, eg KG chestpound, VC bike, terrys jet, hardens threepoint animation etc.
    6- During switches when a Big man is on a point guard or SG in iso. Cross overs, hesitation moves will throw big man off balance. In addition big man will leave space for the smaller player to shoot , unlike previous games where that aspect is not accounted for, every player can guard any player, any size. Post game also accounted for where suppose smaller player is guarding bigger player(mismatch) it increasing chance of bigger player scoring.

Other-
    1- All star weekend back, three point contest, slam dunk, all star game etc (commentators are Marv and Steve again)
    2- Consistent Roster updates, ratings. Unlike 2k where some players remain on teams while there playing in china. Improved off LIVE 10
    3-In addition, player accessories regular updated throughout the season eg Lebron sleeve, D12 Headband, Rondo Headband.
    NBALIVEBEST

Postby Ermolli on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:02 pm

Gameplay Offense
    1) Better differenciation between team, play styles (physical/athletic, half court/fastbreak, big/small lineup, short/large rotation, etc)
    2) Good difference between players with good and bad offensive awareness
    3) More exploit of mismatches (big/small and viceversa, fast/slow)
    4) Better late game execution by CPU team
    5) Avoid/reduce dunks on traffic, off balance/awkward shots
    6) Ability to select plays during timeouts and to choose full/20 second timeouts
    7) Elitte 11-type dribbling (responsive and intuitive) and free throws
    8) Manual pass types (bounce pass, lead pass, lob pass)
    9) Ability to draw fouls (like NBA Live 2005)
    10) Play classified by player or type (pick and roll, off screem, post up, spot up, etc)

Gameplay Defense
    1) Better difference between good and bad defenders
    2) Good difference between players with good and bad defensive awareness
    3) Close out shot button/option
    4) Ability to defend off ball player on post on front or sides to deny pass
    5) Box out button
    6) Ability to block passing lanes with hands
    7) Ability to make quick lateral movement

Gameplay Misellaneous
    1) More animations
    2) More separation between quick/slow players, players who can do dribble moves and those who can't, players who have post moves and the ones who don't, etc
    3) Fatigue to have more impact
    4) Slower pace
    5) Difference between good and bad coaches and more participation of coaches in game
    6) Wingspan, vertical
    7) Real-time physics
    8) Lots of sliders that affect gameplay
    9) Coach notes after quaters/halftime
    10) In game saves

Graphics
    1) Better/more body models
    2) Better jersey texture and models (not glued to body)
    3) NBA Live 06-type graphics
    4) More difference between arenas
    5) Dynamic lightning
    6) Progressive sweat
    7) Better face textures for created players
    8) Number and name not flexiblr like FIFA's games
    9) Waving hair

Presentation
    1) No dead space in commentary
    2) More commentary ñlines, dynamic and specific to action/players/teams
    3) Player/ team packages with highlights and commentary during timeouts/ breaks (like ESPN does)
    4) Half-time analysis/highlights
    5) Post game analysis/highlights/player interview
    6) Pre-game intro (like old NBA Live 2005-07 had)
    7) ESPN-type replay angles
    8) Lots of stats displayed during game
    9) Option to choose full/reduced ESPN presentation
    10) ESPN ticker during game

Menus
    1) Ability to choose options while playing on gym
    2) Ability to choose players/team on gym
    3) NBA tab with news, standings, stars, highlights
    4) Ability to upload replays to Youtube in HD
    5) ESPN ticker
    6) Option to choose team-specific menu (like old Madden games)
    7) ESPN-like menu
    8) Ability to listen ESPN radio

Dynasty Mode
    1) Be influenced by Football Manager 13 and NFL Head Coach 09
    2) Realistic stats
    3) Specific commentary (stats, standings, streaks, players, MVP candidates, etc)
    4) Three or four-team trades
    5) Chemestry and specific lineups to have more importance on gameplay
    6) Play style and type of offense influence player ratings (like NFL Head Coach 09)
    7) More GM/coach interaction with players
    8) Interviews, phone calls, offers, etc to attract free agents
    9) Sportscenter with news around the league, highlights, stories, rumours, etc (like NFL 2K5 had)
    10) ESPN rumours and news (like NBA Live 06 had)

Online Games
    1) Match with people with similar ranking/skill/fair play
    2) Fair play grades (like PES 2013 has)
    3) Customizable unranked games with sliders, quarter minutes, etc
    4) Ability to play against other with only teams of the same caliber
    5) Invite a friend to play
    6) Scouting of opponet
    7) Ability to play with offline players against online rival

Online Modes
    1) Something similar to EA Sports Football Club
    2) Challenges
    3) Online dynasty mode
    4) EASBA
    5) All Star Weekend
    6) Ultimate team

Roster Management
    1) Minute distribution
    2) More specific lineups (second unit, blowout, free throw, physical, etc)
    3) Positional order
    4) Home/away/alternate accessory colors for players
    5) More create a player slots
    6) Better face edition for create a player (face scan included)
    7) Edit body type/ hairstyle/ facial hair (like PES games)
    8) Editable players who don't have specific faces
    9) Team builder option to create teams

Additional Game Modes
    1) Tutorial/academy
    2) Something similar to FIFA 13 Matchday
    3) All Star Weekend
    4) Situational
    5) Create a play
    Ermolli

Postby Hiteshom on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:05 am

My Top 10 for

Gameplay Offense
    1. Easier passing system, the passing needs to include little trick passes, bounce passes in real life situations, and a very smooth pick and roll.
    2. Free dribbling make the offensive player able to do simple tricks (Crossover, spin, stepback, etc.)to get by his defender or free up a shot.
    3. Big clutch differential between players/teams
    4. Difficulty of shots, fade-aways will be harder to make than regualar dribble pull ups, open shot/vs contested shots
    5. More player signatures, An Al Jefferson hook shot
      phpBB [video]
      or Kobe fadeaway
    6. Make the games much more likely to be close/ last second.
    7. Add old teams
    Gameplay Defense
    1. Defensive reactions, make the defensive player jump on a crossover, recover realistically on a stepback, and (not always) jump on a pump fake.
    2. Help defense on drives.
    3. Better difference between good and bad defenders.
    4. Make it much harder to steal in bounds passes (It sickens me when I play a friend who wins basically because of this)
    5. Add flopping
    Gameplay Miscellaneous
    1. Add wingspans (Rondo)
    2. Connect with NCAA (If you are making NCAA)
    3. Crowd Chants (Defense!! MVP!! Let's go [Team Name])
    4. Somehow add a way to get technical fouls
    Graphics
    1. Add Game Face PLEASE!!!
    2. Add Team Builder
    3. Make the jerseys bag off a little bit, unless it is a bigger player
    Presentation
    1. Excitement, Add the commentators going crazy on a buzzer beater
    2. Jeff Van Gundy rant on flopping, when a foul is called through it.
    Menus
    1. PLEASE READ THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE READ THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE READ THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE READ THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Add a new menu for situationals (read Additional Game modes)
    2. All Star Weekend
    Roster Management
    1. Update rosters until the day the next Live comes out, for people who have pre-ordered the next years game, if they have not pre ordered still update, just until the end of the playoffs.
    Additional Game Modes
    1. Comeback, when selected, you choose your team and the opposing team, your best player is made hot, and you are down by 10 with 2 minutes left
    2. Buzzer beater, when selected, you choose your team and the opposing team, and you are down by 2 with the ball and just 3 seconds
    3. Will you rise or fall? When selected, you choose your team and the opposing team, and it is Game 7 of the NBA finals
    4. History is made, when selected you are brought to a menu of records and their record makers. (Wilt for 100, Skiles passes 30, Elmore blocks 17) And you are challenged to match or beat their single game record with any player chosen

EDIT:

Dynasty:
    Add the old thing you had in 09, where if the game is close with like 2 minutes left you can join, so kind of a smart simming system, I just get so bored playing 8-12 minutes every single game I play
    Hiteshom

Postby rafal723 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:13 am

My Top 10 for

Gameplay Offense
    1. freestyle/quickstrick dribbling on Right stick
    2. Better animations for off-ball players, no standing around, each player actively guarding and doing something
    3. Total control over passes, let us choose a manual bounce/lob/chest pass and force the game to do that pass if we choose it
    4. No 2 player animations
    5. Offensive rebounding options (Y=normal rebound, B=tap in, X=tap out to guard/pass rebound, X=attempt tip slam)
    6. Split Button Controls for Shoot/Dunk&Layup at least an option
    7. Keep the offensive players running back before the rebound (leaked video)
    Gameplay Defense
    1. No 2 player Animations
    2. Keep post defense separated from the offensive player
    3. Allow for all players to block any player if their hand hits the ball
    4. Improve rebounding and boxing out, better tracking so the ball misses the animation, boxed out players can't warp around the boxer outer
    5. have a slider to assist the player with staying in front of their man (AI influence over Left Stick movement)
    Gameplay Miscellaneous
    1. No 2 Player Animations in Gameplay
    2. Keep letting the ball sail into the crowd (leaked video)
    3. Add atmospheric animations of players colliding with the backboard, refs, camera people, tables, bench, crowd, etc
    4. Prioritize control over footplanting and sliding and other animation controlled things.
    5. Go to the pause menu in between quarters rather than going straight into gameplay, so that users can make substitutions, adjust strategy etc.
    6. In-depth and detailed playcalling, with branching plays and on-court diagrams to help out the user. Have player specific plays that are assigned to players and taken with them/integrated into their new team’s playbook if they are traded. Include inbounds plays and the ability to designate the inbounder.
    Graphics
    1. Utilize HDR shaders from Madden or custom.
    2. Add wrinkles to the jersey textures, don't rely on lighting on the cloth
    3. Use the Live 10 models or create new player models
    4. Completely redo the uniform models
    5. Keep differing warmup uniforms from the bench
    6. Remove the glossy look on the players
    Presentation
    1. ESPN license as seen in leaked video
    2. keep that sound and atmosphere audio, its amazing
    3. bring back road team fans in the crowds from Live 10
    4. keep floor reflections graphics from the trailer, first game ever to reflect stadium lighting and it just looked amazing overall
    5. add "fog" depth of field as in Paul pierce and Dirk shots in trailer
    6. Make full use of ESPN integration and have the game’s default camera angles, the overlays and general production/presentation should accurately represent a real NBA broadcast. Add NBA Shootaround to the game.
    7. Include player intros ( make it realistic). Add a brief halftime show that highlights key performers and shows an assortment of highlights. Add a sideline reporter.
    8. Make commentary sound as organic as possible with natural sounding conversation, anecdotes and reactions to the current game situation as well as the current and recent seasons in Dynasty/Become Legendary. Have the commentators react with appropriate excitement and play off one another as in real life. Have many lines as possible without any dead air, silence, & repetition.
    9. Add a ESPN pregame, halftime, & postgame show in the game.
    10. Add the actual faces of Mike Breen & Jeff Van Gundy in the game for the ESPN Presentation.
    11. More atmosphere in the Arenas. Maybe more crowd chants or mascot antics.
    Menus
    1. Keep Live 06-10 shoot around gym on loading
    2. Allow player to start modes, online, etc from the loading gym by moving the player to certain spots
    3. menus can get a bit dull with too much text in dynasty in EA games, but it does the job well
    Dynasty Mode
    1. new CBA
    2. 3 team trades
    3. team directions each year or goals
    4. off-court cutscenes for trades/signings, etc
    5. keep the practice and development stuff from Live 09/10
    6. control all 30 teams
    7. Include the full All-Star Weekend as part of the schedule.
    8. Expand the trading block to allow users to actively shop players and invite offers from other teams
    9. Bring back the Confirm/Cancel option on trades, so that players can be shopped and deals agreed to in principle. When CPU teams reject deals, have them explain why they don’t want to accept it (they want more, they feel it would leave them too weak at a certain position, they want to get younger, etc). Have teams present counteroffers.
    10. Add a Summer League and allow teams to have more than 15 players during the offseason (must trim to maximum of 15 players by the end of training camp). Conversely, allow teams to have fewer than eight players during the offseason (but enforce the rule that the roster must be adequately filled by the start of the season).
    11. Avoid the PDA style of waiting two days to find out if a trade is accepted; this should be done in "real time", as it was in NBA Live 10 and other games that have used the "push Dynasty" approach.
    12. Scores in simulated games should also be realistic, with very high/low and near-record blowouts being a rarity.
    13. Add totally revolutionized Dynasty Mode. Adjusting prices of tickets, souvenirs, car parks. Possibility of building a new arena, relocating the organisation (more or less like in the Madden NFL 05). Possibility of coaching some national team during the off-season. Selecting the location of pre-season camp. Training single player with particular skill by a trainer. Possibility of hiring a legend as a coach, or GM (Charles Barkley, MJ, Isiah Thomas, Oscar Robertson, Patrick Ewing etc.). Team earning with TVs, newspapers, radios (choose the offer possibility)
    14. D-League with real online-updated rosters & cyberfaces of real players & real stats. Playing games with those.
    Online Games
    1. scouting reports on usertendencies
    2. show user hotspots on floor with a button switch (not current player, but see if a guy has a favorite 3pt spot or all shots in lane)
    3. add Microsoft TruSkill for ranked
    Online Modes
    1. EASBA
    2. Street "crew" mode
    3. ranked options for each difficulty
    4. unranked games can use custom rosters/sliders
    Roster Management
    1. global rating edits
    2. create a team (idealy 30 for custom dynasties)
    3. more create a player slots (at least enough to replace entire NBA)
    Additional Game Modes
    1. Situation
    2. Become Legendary
    3. Mini-Games (horse, 21, 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 half and full court)
    4. Include FIBA Tournament mode.
    5. own player mode with MANY cribs in it such as: home, car (bestly a real one) buying etc. (local fans support grows then) ; national team camps/tournaments or summer leagues with real NBA players (example: Goodman League) during the off-season; MANY sponsors offers, off-court action: visiting children hospital, camps for kids&teens, with teammates interactions
    Sorry for my English. Linsanity (we remember)
    "People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you, you can't do it. You wanna something. Go get it ! Period." - Chris Gardner, Pursuit of Happyness
    rafal723

Return to NBA Live 14