Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Postby chaodck on Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:21 pm

Long time no see this thread.

Currently, I'm playing:

PC:
- Football Manager 2012 (last game on it, as I've already pre-ordered FM13 and it's due in three weeks).
- Fallout 3 (picked it up on Steam's Summer sale and am almost through it).
- Tropico 4 (another from the Summer Sale, not playing much lately, but nice fun).
- Batman Arkham City (only missing the side quests and challenges, story is done).
- Magic The Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 (mostly multiplayer).
- Cities XL 2012 (with Real Highway Mod, User Interface Mod and NeXL transportation mods this game rocks!).
- Half-Life 2 (currently midway the first game).
- Just Cause 2 (re-installed a while ago, I just can't seem to get into it).
- New Star Soccer 5 (random fun).
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD (remembering old times with "Superman" on the soundtrack).
- Madden NFL 08 (waiting for the 2012 season mod to come out in footballidiot).
- Diablo II (multiplayer with my bro's).
- Star Wars The Old Republic (can't get into MMO's, maybe this'll be the exception)

From Tuesday on, add NBA 2K13 to that list with high priority, if we get a digital download purchase option (I'm just begging for the game to be on Steam, please God, hear me!!).

PS3:
- FIFA 13 (just bought it).
chaodck

Postby Lean on Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:50 pm

chaodck wrote:Just Cause 2 (re-installed a while ago, I just can't seem to get into it).

I don't know but I find that game to be enjoyable. Get mods to the grapple wire and make fun of people by attaching them to rockets. :lol:
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:36 pm

volsey wrote:What kind of performance hit did you notice with your graphics card moving to 3D?

none.

because I gotta go down to 720p for 3D. I can run it at 1080p at 24fps, but no, I'll take 60fps at 720 in 3D over that.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby el badman on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:19 am

For PC, I'm also playing the BF3 campaign right now, and finishing my 2nd playthrough of Mass Effect 3. And since I gave in and bought a PS3, I'm also playing Uncharted 3 (very impressed by it I gotta say). I also downloaded the NBA2K13 demo for it, and it was pretty damn good.
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Lamrock on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:42 am

Got Gamefly for the fall months to try the new releases. Tekken Tag 2 is very good - might get it when it goes down in price since it's definitely the best Tekken to date. I also received Resident Evil 6 from them today and I hate it so far. Not scary at all and the game takes control from you way too often. I'll still probably see it through. However, I'm also expecting to get 2K13 in the mail later today, so that and finishing out my 2K12 association will probably occupy my next couple days off.
Lamrock

Postby Jeffx on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:46 am

Going to fire up Tekken Tag 2 when I get home!
Jeffx

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:10 am

Comment by some asshat says it all.

HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby benji on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:42 am

Oh god, that reminds me of some L4D2 I played recently with these three morons. There was this one dude playing Nick who was just atrocious, I don't think he'd ever played a first person shooter before. Then the guy playing Ellis, it's like he'd never heard someone tell him to run and then actually put his feet to the ground and ran. I won't even mention the last person.
benji

Postby Oznogrd on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:31 pm

hahahahaha

Was good times. I swear, let me play with a mouse. Or stop playing with AI For awhile where you have to do everything...
Oznogrd
Gummy bears are stupid and delicious!

Postby Patr1ck on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:56 pm

Don't act like you didn't have fun. As grueling as it may have been.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:30 pm

what game is that?
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby jenz on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:08 pm

Left 4 Dead 2. A very addictive game. I just love killing zombies.
jenz
Too cool for a custom title.

Postby Like A Boss on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:50 pm

L4D2 also just totally addicting with MODS :)
Like A Boss
Bulls

Postby Oznogrd on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:41 pm

we really should have like biweekly NLSC game night with mac friendly games. Until i get my new harddrive and start dual booting
Oznogrd

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:09 pm

Get a mouse first. :shake:
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:31 am

A controller would even be better than a touch pad. I'm down to play some more of that, though. You guys have yet to see the fun on the harder difficulties.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby deihatein on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:14 am

Will join the fun when I install L4D2...... in a week or so
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Oznogrd on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:30 pm

i have a mouse but i wasnt in a room conducive to using it lol. I got this.

I used to play on normal but with touchpad and shadow i figured it'd be good to go on easy lol.
Oznogrd

Postby [Hyperize] on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:23 am

Are there any new games out there for the 360 that are online and are like Crazy Taxi? I love The Simpsons: Road Rage Head to Head mode, and it would be nice if there were some newer game like that that you could play online. You basically just hit the other player's car to steal their passenger and you're competing for whoever delivers them to their destination.
[Hyperize]

Postby volsey on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:57 am

Pre-ordered XCOM Enemy Unknown, pretty solid game. The tactical gameplay is awesome, however I'm not a big fan of the other strategic elements with the base and satellites. I haven't played all the way through yet, but I think next time I'll play on a harder setting. Not sure I could recommend it for the full price unless your a fan of the series. But it is a fun game and it gave me quite a few hours of intense play.

Borrowed Dishonored from friend. So far it's awesome, definitely has a Bioshock (maybe my favourite game of all time) vibe to it. Seems like a really polished game, doesn't restrict you in any way at all, multiple ways to approach a scenario. The Bioshock meets Metal Gear Solid description definitely fits. Surprisingly I like the additional "magic" elements of the game.

Still pick up 2k13 from time to time, as well as tinker with Technic Pack (Minecraft) when I'm truly feeling like a procrastinator.
volsey

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:08 am

Picked up sleeping dogs for half off yesterday, then I find that you can get 3 games for free if you buy a new amd video card from certain retailers. The games are sleeping dogs, hitman: absolution, and far cry 3.

Only dilemma is that I want to go the nvidia route for my next card, and don't feel that I need to upgrade just yet.

Ah well, I can always wait and save more money and buy the other two games when they come down in price.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby el badman on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:01 pm

I only played the PC demo, but I thought Sleeping Dogs was surprisingly fun and polished. Now I just don't know if I'll get it for PC or PS3, probably the latter since the gameplay kinda reminded me of the Batman games, which were much better with a gamepad.
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby benji on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:15 pm

Why wouldn't you still just get it on PC? And use a gamepad...
benji

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:39 pm

el badman wrote:I only played the PC demo, but I thought Sleeping Dogs was surprisingly fun and polished. Now I just don't know if I'll get it for PC or PS3, probably the latter since the gameplay kinda reminded me of the Batman games, which were much better with a gamepad.

A friend of mine picked it up recently and I was quite impressed. I've been thinking of picking it up myself sometime in the not too distant future, when I come across a cheap copy.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby el badman on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:46 am

benji wrote:Why wouldn't you still just get it on PC? And use a gamepad...

Sorry, that was a little half assed... My point was that if I'm gonna be using a gamepad, which i rarely do as a PC gamer, might as well play the game on a 40" screen instead of a 24", especially since i don't think the PC version can really be modded.
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic