After one year of playing 2K12...

Talk about NBA 2K12 here.

After one year of playing 2K12...

Postby ChrisBrodbeck on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:03 am

I just pulled something odd and funny of for the first time, and I was wondering if it has happened to anybody else: The "Basketball entered hoop backwards" violation!

I had fraps configured wrong, so I lost the actual call-graphic, but I saved a replay! The play got called off after MJ threw the pass! :D :D :D

http://youtu.be/sRWTqeB3iqk
ChrisBrodbeck

Re: After one year of playing 2K12...

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:20 pm

I haven't ever had that happen, good to know it's accounted for in the game's officiating. (Y)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Leftos on Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:04 pm

Had that happen once. Wouldn't have imagined they would've thought of that, but I was laughing and nodding my head like "okay, okay" when I saw that.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby JWL3 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:53 pm

Seriously? There's a violation?

I've had the ball go underneath the hoop and the points were scored! This wasn't just 2k12. Even in NBA Lives from other years. It's like the game programmed a laser sensor underneath the hoop that registered if the ball went through. Bizarre why that would be necessary (I used to go to arcades as a kid, climb on the machine, use my hand to wave back and forth in front of the laser sensor for the pop-a-shots, and get a lot of tickets for prize redemptions. HAHAHA)
JWL3

Return to NBA 2K12