NLSC Podcast - Da_Czar Interview

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

NLSC Podcast - Da_Czar Interview

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:43 am

Special Episode featuring Da_Czar

Hosts: Pdub, Leftos
Special Guest: Da_Czar

Today we’re bringing you a special episode of the NLSC Podcast, with special guest Da_Czar along with Leftos and Pdub. Topics of discussion include:

• Da_Czar’s motivations for starting SimNation and his experiences with it so far
  • Getting involved in the development of basketball games
  • Features in NBA 2K13
  • Has 2K gone too casual, or does it still cater to hardcore sim fans?
  • Thoughts on NBA Live 13 so far
  • How can NBA Live redeem itself?
  • What needs to happen to take basketball gaming to the next level
  • Thoughts on the modding community
  • And more!

Click here to listen to the show!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Da_Czar Interview

Postby Lean on Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:30 pm

Once again, excellent job on this!
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Nick on Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:40 pm

What an awesome conversation! What a jolly yet insightful fellow. I wish Da_czar would get involved in the community here - we have some really good ideas for how to improve 2k. Specifically, I'd love to bounce some ideas on how to improve Association with him. I play that mode to death, and i always get ideas on how to improve it.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby Leftos on Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:21 pm

Well he is a busy fellow, but we hope to have him join the discussion here at the NLSC soon. Until then, you can contact him on Twitter, or even join in on his SimNation Radio Show and have your say.

Glad you guys liked it, it was a lot of fun to do! And yes, Da Czar is one of the nicest, most insightful guys out there. He's a valuable member for the community.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby The X on Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:48 am

Very good podcast. First one I listened to. Only got 4 & a half hours sleep because of it. Good though.

Sounded like you all had a great time, like it was over a few beers :cool:

Hearing Da_Czar go on about UBR made me think about giving 2K13 a go solely on PC.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Leftos on Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:38 pm

A team member that's only listened to their first NLSC podcast now? Tsk tsk tsk. Are you actually trying to have your Team Membership revoked?

:P Just kidding, glad you liked it. We have our fun in every podcast while trying to stay informative and give our opinions on every hot subject, so I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy all the others one we've put out up to now. Get ready to lose some more sleep.

But yes, this was a particularly good one, especially considering how good a guest Da Czar was. Pdub and I had already recorded Podcast #5 with JaoSming that very same day, some hours before this one was recorded, so it was a long day for us, but it turned out for the best.

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby The X on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:32 pm

Leftos wrote:A team member that's only listened to their first NLSC podcast now? Tsk tsk tsk. Are you actually trying to have your Team Membership revoked?

Only got my laptop back from extended warranty repairs yesterday. Haven't had a working computer at home for last few weeks. Had no desire to try to listen to on my HTC Legend :lol: :wink:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:22 am

Leftos wrote:A team member that's only listened to their first NLSC podcast now? Tsk tsk tsk. Are you actually trying to have your Team Membership revoked?

As long as Andrew doesn't join in on the podcast I think Team Members can be excused from listening to it. :lol:
You guys have 5 episodes now, that's like a month already (assuming 1 podcast per week) and Andrew isn't even in one yet. If you guys can get a Team Member that doesn't contribute like Qballer to do one, why not Andrew.
It's not like you have him locked in a dungeon or anything... :shifty:
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Leftos on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:29 am

Andrew, unlike JaoSming, Pdub and Qballer who live in the States, lives in Australia. Getting enough people online at the same time and with 2-3 hours to spare in order to record the podcast is a much tougher feat than it seems, considering the time zone differences, and everyone's work, families, lives. We actually had done a pilot podcast with him, but it was never released.

He'll be in one soon enough. The stars (and our free time) will align.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:53 am

And you're in Greece (if that location is correct) but that didn't stop you from appearing in all of it. Maybe just do a two person podcast like you and Jao did in the first and third podcast to make it easier to schedule and manage and forget about adding bores like Jao in that podcast if you guys do manage to plan it.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby JaoSming on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:47 am

:cheeky: Just recorded a podcast with Leftos :cheeky:
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:51 am

@shadowgrin: Again, what you don't take into consideration is that I'm the one that doesn't have a job yet as I'm just finishing my studies, I'm the one with the most free time, so I'm the one basically always available for the podcast, and even so, I go with whatever time suits everybody else.

Each week we try to get at least two people for the podcast, and even that's not as easy as you think. We're looking to have as broad a panel as possible, in order to get as many voices heard as possible, but if that fails, we just look for whoever two of us are free to do it around Monday each week.

I'm sure Andrew wants to get on the podcast as much as you guys want him on it, and we'll be trying to accommodate his schedule soon enough, since the past weeks have been pretty close calls but have ended up with him not being able to join.

As I said, the main issue is that whenever Andrew was available, we haven't had anyone else available, and vice-versa, up to now. But we'll get him in soon enough.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:46 am

Leftos wrote:But we'll get him in soon enough.

YAY. :pirate:
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Nick on Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:42 pm

You're way too enthusiastic about that Shadow, haha
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:25 pm

It's a pirate emoticon. Andrew loves pirates. Though I am disappointed at him for no mention of Talk like a Pirate Day here in the site like he once did in the past.
Besides, Jao's a bore, Pdub is a Clippers fan, and Q's Q. Leftos is the only one among those mentioned clowns who has some semblance of a personality needed in a talkie. What better personality to add than an Aussie. OI!
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Nick on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:56 pm

With analysis like that i'm sure Andrew will be jumping out of his skin to join the podcast crew.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:38 am

Andrew can just play Knifey-Spoony for the whole podcast and I'll still be happy and consider it an enjoyable podcast.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:44 am

I'm disappointed in myself for overlooking International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Shamefully, I even forgot to have a quick game of Sid Meier's Pirates!, taking advantage of the once-a-year easter egg that turns all dialogue in the game extra-piratey. Yes, I could change my PC's clock, but that would just be cheating. As for getting involved in the podcast, I expect I'll be in there at some point but like I've said before, I'm quite enjoying listening to the show that the guys are putting together.

And speaking of the podcast, this was a fantastic episode. A huge thanks to Czar once again for taking part, he made for an awesome first guest. It was definitely interesting to hear him talk a little about his history with the games, his videos and all his community initiatives. I definitely agree with his stance on fairness and constructive feedback, calling it like it is but not bashing for the sake of it. Great insight into both series and where they need to go, great personality. Hopefully we can have him on again soon!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to Featured Content & Community Noticeboard