The "How is your Sports Dynasty/Legacy going" Thread

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: The "How is your Sports Dynasty/Legacy going" Thread

Postby Kenny on Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:30 pm

I got NHL 12 the other week and I'm thinking about starting a thread with the Anaheim Ducks. Probably do a play-5-sim-5 format.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Houndy on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:01 am

badreligionau wrote:I got NHL 12 the other week and I'm thinking about starting a thread with the Anaheim Ducks. Probably do a play-5-sim-5 format.

That'd be cool, I'm tempted to do a FIFA one, but they transfer a shit ton
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Phil89 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:10 pm

I recently got back into my Porto save game on FM11. I've managed to turn them into the best team in the world by following the strategy of buying promising youngsters cheap and selling them for small fortunes when they reach 26-27 years old. I've also taken advantage of free agent signings over the years too. I've made over €2b from player sales.

I'd say it's worked pretty well considering I've got €982m in the bank and the club is worth €1.4b (twice the second placed team). :mrgreen:

I know Portugal isn't the hardest league in the world, (especially with one of the big three teams), but in my 16 seasons I've won: Liga ZON Sagres (16), Taca de Portugal (11), Bwin Cup (14), Supertaca (16), Champions League (9), European Supercup (6) and Club World Championship (8).

The board were nice enough to build a 68k seater stadium named after me last season as well. My average attendances have increased steadily over the years. It's risen from 37,744 in my first season to 63,216 last season, which has helped add extra revenue.

Oh, and I have no other leagues loaded so there is nothing dodgy about all those transfers. :fruity:

ImageImage
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby Houndy on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:27 am

That's awesome Phil. I have a save on FM 12 with Birmingham City, the year prior I was with Southampton, and I got relegated. But Southampton, with Hooper and Rodriguez, are DOMINATING the Championship. I think they've scored like 30 and allowed 8? Unreal
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Oznogrd on Sun May 24, 2015 6:03 am

I accidentally lost Cam Newton by lowballing him on a contract in Madden. Oops
Oznogrd
Gummy bears are stupid and delicious!

Postby Lamrock on Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:42 pm

Just finished my Seahawks CFM in Madden 15 that I'd started a couple months ago with post-draft rosters. Besides it being way too easy to get sacks (Michael Bennett broke Michael Strahan's sack record 11 games into season 1), too easy to run the ball, and too hard to stop the pass, its a pretty fun game.

Went 15-1 in the first season (started on Pro, then moved up to All-Pro). Lynch broke the single season rushing record, with 100+ yards in every game, and won MVP. Carroll was coach of the year, Bennett NFC DPotY. Wilson was godawful as I threw a ton of interceptions early in the season. I beat Tebow and the Eagles (missing their top 2 QB's, and Demarco Murray), then Brees and the Saints to make the Super Bowl. Overcame two picks and two lost fumbles by Wilson to beat Indy 24-22 on a last second field goal. Greg Toler had a pick 6 though and won SB MVP. :(

Kept pretty much everyone but Kearse, Alvin Bailey and Paul Richardson in the offseason and added Pierre Garcon and Whitney Mercilus. All the guys I drafted were garbage though. I experimented with sliders and stopped using pass rush moves so I went 13-3 the following year. Lynch and Bennett were still good, but came back down to earth statistically - Jimmy Graham was my best player. Jameis Winston led the Bucs to a 14-2 record but they lost in the divisional.

Went through the Eagles (again), this time with a healthy Bradford. They nearly came back from down 26-0 in the fourth but came up short, losing 26-21. Then I demolished the Saints (again), now starting Garrett Grayson, 50-24. Went up against KC in what would be the ugliest Super Bowl ever. Alex Smith threw 4 picks and Charles lost 2 fumbles. However, Wilson had 3 picks of his own (all to Eric Berry), and Lynch lost a fumble in the end zone, so it went to OT, tied at 13. Because I have T Jack, we won the coin toss, and started with the ball. It was all Beast Mode, all the time, as I ran it with him nearly every snap on what was a Super Bowl winning drive. Despite his 170 rushing yards and winning the game, Eric Berry won Super Bowl MVP. Not even mad, since he's a cancer survivor at all.

That was longer than planned. It was my first Madden game, and I had a lot of fun. Tempted to get Madden 16, but it looks like more of the same, with them not even changing up the presentation at all.
Lamrock

Previous

Return to Off-Topic