NBA Live 13 Not Coming Out Oct. 2nd. Not Cancelled

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

Re: NBA Live 13 Not Coming Out Oct. 2nd. Not Cancelled

Postby JaoSming on Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:34 am

Correct, but there is a difference when you hear two people reporting similar stories (ThaLiveKing & Owen) and a term of "indefinite delay" which came from one person, then spread around and accepted as truth. Speculation ≠ Facts
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:55 am

I like to believe that one person has his report/opinion based on inside sources, as if he's actually doing his job as 'videogame journalist' (lol) instead of being an actual videogame journalist that's no better than sports journalists.
As if a member of the council would say or confirm anything negative towards the game after that E3? mess and NDA.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby JaoSming on Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:13 am

Which we know and can see with the cluminati issues over at the official boards.

Get back to the point though, your saying it has to be a delay because the NBA sets the exact date the games are to be released. We don't know that for a fact. It's likely that the NBA sets the earliest possible date, and then if they delay or whatnot they just have to get it out before a reasonable timeframe or something.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby benji on Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:49 am

You're tearing me apart jaolisagrin

The NBA does set the dates. They allow delays with approval.
benji

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:42 am

Since I can't find the post in the NLSC where it had been mentioned/confirmed that the NBA sets the release date and also considering that said post is either from benji or a posted tweet from Ronnie2K, both BS assholes that cannot be trusted, I'll just reply to Jao's recent post assuming that my info is correct.
Of course if my info is incorrect then all my posts are reduced to dust the way Jao's tears dry up if Live gets cancelled again, that simple.

Better to ignore benji like the rest of the forums always have, why change the status quo now.

JaoSming wrote:Get back to the point though, your saying it has to be a delay because the NBA sets the exact date the games are to be released. We don't know that for a fact. It's likely that the NBA sets the earliest possible date, and then if they delay or whatnot they just have to get it out before a reasonable timeframe or something.

I do agree with this.
From the NBA side, an early release date, say for example Oct. 2, would go along with training camp and preseason games in helping to hype up the new season.
However if it's from the game developers side, more time is always a good thing (considering their dev cycle). If the NBA weren't the one that sets the release date it's more beneficial for the dev/publishers to release the game closer to the opening of the season, like 1 week before the start of the season or even during the opening day itself since it basically markets itself when the release coincides with the opening day.
I don't even need to read the post of the asshole above to know that with speculative logic the NBA sets the release date for the games.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby benji on Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:44 am

LOL DOUBLE POST WHAT A DOPE

EDIT: AWWWW SNAP, BEAT BY THE GREEK
benji

Postby JaoSming on Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:15 am

shadowgrin, just so you know, I love you so much, that when I was arguing with you about all this, all I talked about in my new Live 10 video was the greatness that is Joel Anthony. May the word be spread
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby benji on Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:25 am

Don't give him that. He doesn't deserve it.
benji

Postby JaoSming on Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:32 am

Did I mention my next video will revolve around the Holiness that is Darko once the new UBR comes out. Direct focus on his MVP seasons with the Pistons
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:35 am

Fuck you.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby JaoSming on Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:44 am

:lol: collateral damage
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby benji on Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:50 am

JaoSming wrote:Did I mention my next video will revolve around the Holiness that is Darko once the new UBR comes out. Direct focus on his MVP seasons with the Pistons

Don't give him that. He doesn't deserve it.
benji

Postby JaoSming on Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:52 am

Scal, enshrined in the Hall of Fame for NBA Live 2004-08, then with his number retired for the Nets, Celtics, and Bulls in 2K?
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:48 pm

With everything that's happened so far, it's not a huge surprise that it's not coming out October 2nd. Hopefully that will be for the best, giving the team a little more time to add polish so that the game can be as good as it possibly can be, given the circumstances.

Although there are similarities to the situation with NBA Elite 11, I have my doubts that it'd be outright cancelled. I know it's been suggested that it should be scrapped but I don't agree that would be the way to go, I think that does more damage to the brand than releasing a game that ends up being poorly received. If they can put a game out there that's at least playable, anything that's positive or has potential will stand out and of course anything that's bad and needs to be fixed will be painfully apparent too. That's something they can build on for NBA Live 14.

Scrapping everything is just going to set them back again. Putting an end to the series altogether, as has also been suggested, isn't something I'd like to see either. I admit my reasons for that are part sentimental, it's a game I grew up with and have had fun with over the years, but aside from that I still believe the competition is good for both sides, having a viable alternative is good for the consumer and EA has every right to keep trying if the suits are willing to keep funding the endeavour. Again, put the game out, in the best possible shape it can be, take on board what the consumers have to say and build on what you've got. Weather a bad metacritic score if need be, find out what's working and what isn't, use that for NBA Live 14.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby dascoot on Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:14 am

I don't care if they released it later as long as they adding some better features to the game. Mainly the multidynasty, saving in middle of games and during offseason I'd be happy.
dascoot

Postby dfish on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:02 am

Before the NBA season, though. Right?
dfish

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:50 am

Possibly, though they haven't given us a date. They've only said it's not coming out October 2nd alongside NBA 2K13.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Double LC] on Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:17 am

officially cancelled!!!
GOD is GOOD, All the Time !!!

[Facebook] [Double LC - Blog] [bbs.baballs.com]
[<<CLICK ME>>]
"Sorry My Sucks ENGLISH !!!"
[Double LC]

Postby Leftos on Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:19 am

Yeah, we know. Don't need to bump more topics about this.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Previous

Return to NBA Live 14