:PAUSED:19-11 Plan B| Phoenix Suns

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

@ Hornets

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:13 pm

Give them no mercy
Philadelphia had this one won at the start

AP- New Orleans, LA| Dec. 4, 2012

I'll admit it now, I didn't expect this game to be close, and it didn't end that way either. The 76ers were able to get an okay lead that only multiplied as the game went on. In the end of the first quarter they were already up by 7 points. Philly then made it more and more embarrassing for New Orleans. The Hornet's defense was solid at times, but at others it looked extremely lazy causing them to get pushed farther down. If you tried to argue this game as being solid, you would have been lying. It was all 76ers, all the way.

In the forth, Philadelphia even slowed down their pace, New Orleans still couldn't take advantage. They were trying to get as many buckets as possible, but nothing could seem to go right. The Sixers weren't even trying to rub it in, they just started running plays to kill the clock. Eric Gordan did look good for New Orleans. He was able to tack in 30 points. Still outdone by both Evan Turner and Wilson Chandler. Both having 32 with Turner having 11 assists to go along with it. The game ended in a blowout and the final quarter wasn't a shootout. It was just a dominant team going against a weak team.

"I will say that game was more fun than the Jazz game we had not too long ago, but it wasn't any less like a normal practice." Evan Turner said while talking to Doris Burke. "It was a good matchup going against Eric Gordan and all, but I still wasn't happy about how that team played. And I'm on the opposite bench. It clearly could have been better but we showed up, they didn't."

Now, the Philadelphia 76ers will finally head home after a 7 game road trip to play the Detroit Pistons and then go against the Chicago Bulls in the first game of a back to back. Join us later for the Bulls game.

POTG: Evan Turner
32 points, 11 assists, 7 rebounds, 4 steals, 1 block

Turner Sports
Marvin Mars is Turner Sports' main analyst in the NBA Draft and news reporter for the Philadelphia 76ers. He used to work for NBC and ESPN until coming to Turner Sports to become a feature columnist. Follow his Twitter here. Hey! He's got a Facebook now. Like his page.

Post-game stats and News
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -41-01.jpg
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -40-13.jpg
Riley Gisseman of BYU has declared for the draft

Last edited by SuperHueyNewton on Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SuperHueyNewton

Perkins' Time

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:33 pm

Top prospect Derrick Perkins has made decision, chooses to play in Spain
His team is Real Madrid

AP- Dec. 7 2012

The top prospect of this year's draft Derrick Perkins has made his decision to play for Real Madrid to get in this year's draft.

In order for this young player to play for a college team, he would have had to finish his senior year of high school first. Which wasn't an option since his family needs the money. He will be getting about $2.00M to play just the rest of the Euroleague season which ends in March this year. He will be able to have his own March Madness but it won't be in any type of school system. Perkins will still get home schooled to properly graduate or he can to a Spaniard university to finish of his school days so he won't exactly will have to drop out of school.

The reason Perkins had to pick a place to play is because the National Basketball Association announced that in order for him to be eligible to qualify for the draft, he would have had to either play in a college, or go overseas. He did quite well over at Oak Hill academy where he averaged almost a double double each game. Though now he will be able to learn much more by playing for one of the best Spanish teams in Europe. In March of this year, if Real Madrid is able to make it to the Championship game, Turner Sports will be following and give his updates.

Until then, this is Marvin Mars for Turner Sports, talk to you all soon as I follow the 76ers at Chicago game Tuesday.

Turner Sports
Marvin Mars is Turner Sports' main analyst in the NBA Draft and news reporter for the Philadelphia 76ers. He used to work for NBC and ESPN until coming to Turner Sports to become a feature columnist. Follow his Twitter here. Hey! He's got a Facebook now. Like his page.
SuperHueyNewton

Re: (24-8) Plan A| Air Altitude

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:00 am

Sorry guys, no updates for I don't know, this will have to go on a break for a while
SuperHueyNewton

Mr. Perfect steps in

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:42 am

Riley Gisseman steps in for exclusive interview

Gainesville, FL

After declaring for the draft later than most prospects, Riley Gisseman has been rapidly climbing up the draft boards, impressing scouts from Utah all the way to New York. He is now widely considered as the best point guard with his combination of defense (led the NCAA in steals) and offense (led all NCAA point guards in points scored). He also had a game with 56 points, 6 assists, and 3 steals against Florida, he has wowwed almost all teams into wondering if they can jump up in the draft to grab him. Right now he is projected to be picked at #10 to 1 lucky team. To find out more about this guard from BYU Dorris Burke caught up with him.

Burke: You are now known all around the world as the "newly refined Jimmer" what do you think of this comparison?

Gisseman: Oh boy, As much as we compare off the court we are not the same. Besides my nickname is already Mr. Perfect right?

Burke: How do you compare?

Gisseman: We both played for BYU and were both scoring guards. But that's about it.

Burke: Do you think that you're the better player?

Gisseman: Yes.

Burke: Why?

Gisseman: I'm the one who has the chip on their shoulder.

Burke: What team do you want to play for?

Gisseman: Whatever team wants me, and whether I get picked 1st or 41st I will work so hard to make that team stronger

Burke: Thanks a ton Riley, we wish you the best here at ESPN.

Gisseman: Thank you.

Since I get to write about him before Marvin Mars does, Riley Gisseman just looks like a great prospect so far getting to a mature age of 22. This doesn't look like it will be just flashes in the pan but a thunderstorm in the kitchen. This has been Ernie Simms for ESPN, talk to you next time.

ESPN
Ernie Simms is a new reporter for ESPN and follows the Southeast division of the NBA. He had no prior jobs similar to ESPN networking but has done a good job at doing it though. Follow his Twitter here. He's been messin' with Tumbler. Follow his page.

Quick note: I didn't write most of this article, only the part including Marvin Mars, Thanks a lot to hiteshom for giving a story to write up for his draftee, whoever else wants to write one up can just send them to me.
SuperHueyNewton

Preview: 76ers @ Bulls

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:21 am

Beasts in the East preview
We look at the match-up between the top-seeded Bulls and 76ers

AP- Chicago, IL| Jan 9, 2012

@

The top teams in the East are set to battle it out in this early year contest. Both teams haven't let anyone catch up to them as both teams still haven't tacked on more than ten losses yet. Two of the three teams remaining with the Lakers being the last team with just 9. The 76ers, who are first in the East right now, are 16-4 on the road this season looking great in about every win they have received outside of of home every time. The Bulls, second in the East. Are 9-4 at home. Looking just as dominant as their counter part, this game looks great for both teams involved.

This game only marks game 1-3 of the series we will see between these two, but it should be for the top spot in the East each time. Right now, the Bulls are 1.5 games behind the Sixers and can become as close to only half a game if they pull out a win tonight. Don't expect Philadelphia to lay down and get curbed-stomped though, they have shown complete dominance over the last few weeks blowing out several teams they have gone against and probably don't look to go easy on their Eastern foe.

In the beginning of the season, critics thought that Chicago and Miami would be fighting it out for the Eastern crown. With Philadelphia coming in with their recent emergence, they want to take the East by any means necessary. They have already beat a team of the caliber beating Los Angeles earlier in the season. Both teams will now show what it takes to be dominant in the East come tip-off where this game could possibly go back and forth between each other.

Down to the players. We know that Evan Turner has been tearing teams up most of this season. He has been able to put up 30-10 games like crazy and have put up 45-15 and even dropped 50 earlier this season. His Superfriend, Wilson Chandler has been no slouch either. He's been scoring in the high twenties every time Turner has been putting up spectacular numbers. On the Chicago side. Derrick Rose and Richard Hamilton have looked like a good tandem. The Bulls have looked around for years to find a good Shooting Guard and they got that player in Rip. Rose's numbers are down though, he isn't putting up as much numbers as he did last season, but that doesn't seem to be hurting the team any as he is now able to trust his teammates to get their own open shots and score.

This is going to be exciting folks, join me for the post-game wrap up right after this game reaches its completion. I'm Marvin Mars and I bid you a farewell.

Turner Sports
SuperHueyNewton

@ Chicago

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:25 am

Beasts In the East
Philadelphia walks out victorious

AP- Chicago, IL| Jan. 9, 2012

What a matchup, the 76ers and Bulls kept this game close all the way through fighting it out the whole time trying their best not to give up the advantage. It was all excitement in the building tonight as two of the best team in the league duked it out for the first time this year. This game was mostly a chess match and Philadelphia won it with a 7 point margin.

In the first half, the lead was being tossed back and forth between the two teams as one just couldn't top the other. At the end of the game, there were a total of 13 lead changes and the highest point deficit was 13 points held by Philadelphia. Philadelphia tried their best to keep up in the first two quarters after only being down by two at the half and completely started fighting from there. This wasn't a showing of their blowout ways, but who was expecting a blowout. Chicago had their own fair of comebacks by most of Philly's scoring runs, there were able to come within three points with just two minutes left in the game.

The only problem was: they couldn't take care of the ball. I shouldn't really say "they" as much as "Derrick Rose". Rose had 6 turnovers in the game and they were in the most critical points in the game, fans started becoming angry. Noah was able to nab a ball that was going out of bounds and tossed it over to Rose. Rose, for some reason, stepped too far back and caused a backcourt violation and Philadelphia was able to answer with two points the other way. On Chicago's next drive, there was about a minute and a half left, Rose again had the ball and was running toward the baseline when he lost his concentration and stepped out of bounds. It was over from there. Both teams were able to score again keeping the margin a 7 and leaving Evan Turner to dribble out the clock.

"That is certainly a team to fear." Expressed Evan Turner after the game. "They put on a very good showing and I have a lot of respect for that team right now. Our team and their team is making people pay attention to the East and we have been able to successfully give them a good show every time. I look forward to going against that team again."

Wilson Chandler, who started off disappointing answered some questions about his miraculous turnaround scoring 25 points in the second half alone. "Yeah, at first it wasn't the best night for me ya know? But players like Danilo (Gallinari) and E.T. (Evan Turner) clean up my act and don't ever disappoint. These guys looked good tonight, and so did the Bulls. That was a very fun game."

Next, Philadelphia will head to SacTown to take on the Kings. That match-up features two great players in Evan Turner and Tyreke Evans. But who will be the one covering Wilson Chandler consistently? Maybe that question will be answered tomorrow. Before the game though, I will have an exclusive interview with college start Anthony Davis. Thanks for following and as always. Talk to you later.

33 points, 2 rebounds, 12 assists, 1 steal

Turner Sports
Marvin Mars is Turner Sports' main analyst in the NBA Draft and news reporter for the Philadelphia 76ers. He used to work for NBC and ESPN until coming to Turner Sports to become a feature columnist. He hasn't slacked off of his work all season and continues to post the latest news for the Philadelphia 76ers. Follow his Twitter here. Hey! He's got a Facebook now. Like his page.

Post-game stats
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -31-08.jpg
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -33-20.jpg
SuperHueyNewton

Re: (25-8) Plan A| Beast In the East

Postby megarover on Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:51 am

Another double double for Turner. Mean facial on Noah too :lol:
Dont mess with the Best
megarover

Re: (25-8) Plan A| Beast In the East

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:49 am

megarover wrote:Another double double for Turner. Mean facial on Noah too :lol:

I completely agree. But would you believe it was an accident? I was pushing for a layup when he just slammed it down on most of the team. Pretty amazing I think.

Also, I will be getting around to the Anthony Davis Interview very shortly. Then after that, I will post the game against the Sacramento Kings, it hasn't been that fast moving because school has started and I have even less time to work on these. I am also playing more games trying to get either Evan Turner or Wilson Chandler into the All-Star game so I that is why I just haven't been simulating every game that exist on the schedule. Bet you can't pick who I'm saying is Davis' favorite is!
SuperHueyNewton

Anthony Davis Inteview

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:10 pm

Dec. 10, 2012

Hello again sports fans. It's your friend that has been all over the draft this year. Marvin Mars, and earlier I was able to get an interview with Anthony Davis. We had to meet in Sacramento when he had an off day as the Philadelphia 76ers will be playing the Kings and I had to be in attendance. Before I get into this interview though I wanted to mention some things I noticed while talking to him. He is a humble person. With every small compliment he got from the Turner Sports office in Sacramento. He blushed and only waved it off as politeness. Now without further adieu. Let's get the report done.

Anthony Davis has looked fantastic at Kentucky this year

Marvin Mars: Hello Anthony, nice to meet you. Its really good to have you here.

Anthony Davis: I'm really glad to be here. You're the first reporter that has actually tried to have a sit down and chat interview.

MM: Yes well, you have been sending waves lately in the NCAA, almost making people forget about Derrick Perkins since he had to leave for Real Madrid. What type of emotions are you obtaining after receiving so much publicity?

AD: Well, it wasn't like I was getting that much publicity anyway, but after Derrick (Perkins) had to play overseas. My popularity has grown and even more people are taking notice.

MM: Yes, and since then it seems like you two are fighting it out for the number one spot. Do you have any type of contact with Perkins?

AD: Yeah, actually. We met in my high school senior year in the nationwide title game. When I left for college, we seemed to become better friends almost immediately after he declared for the Draft.

MM: That sounds great. Who are you hoping to call your name come draft night?

AD: Wow, um... A lot of names actually, since there are teams who want to take a gamble on me and give up some players to obtain me. Names that come to mind are, the Hornets, Lakers, Pistons. They have always been my favorite team. And maybe the 76ers.

MM: That is a nice list. But how do you see yourself fitting with some of those teams? Especially the Lakers who have Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum.

AD: Well they all have capable big men that could mentor me. I don't expect to come in and take a great players starting spot, even if one of them draft me. They might have to give up one of those big men.

MM: Ahh, I see what you mean. About the Sixers though. Are you friends with Shooting Guard Evan Turner?

AD: Uh, yeah um. Can we go on to another question?

MM: Yes, how do you hope to impact the NBA?

AD: I want to be like Russel, Couz, Jordan, Pettit, Moses, Wilt, Kareem, Hakeem. I want to a great. I want to impact it in a way that won't be forgotten at any time.

MM: You seem to have all the right words to say Mr. Davis. A few more if you don't mind. Instead of a Draft combine that was used in previous years, the NBA has created the Rising Stars Challenge. How do you expect to do? If paired up with Derrick Perkins, how do you expect to perform? And if being matched up against him, what would be your plan of attack?

AD: What do I expect? I expect to do the best I can even on the losing side of the scoreboard. If paired with Derrick, that could work out to be a tandem that could make us fight for the first spot even more. We would have to try and out-perform each other while still trying to play as a team. If playing against him. Well that is a hard one, I haven't played him in over a year, and now. Since he is in Europe, it'll be even harder to determine. I know since he will be exposed to the European game. He will become even more dangerous. He's able to play Power Foward two where we would see each other quite a bit of times. He might be able to out muscle me, but not by much. Whoever wins that match-up between us will be the #1 pick on draft night though.

MM: Well thank you Anthony for your time. I hope to speak to you again soon.

AD: No problem. Great to be here.

That was a great interview by Anthony Davis. He can't be just impressing me, he has to be impressing other NBA scouts having so much maturity at such a young age. He hasn't disappointed in play this year and that interview might have just cemented him way before draft night. Though with that, I am Marvin Mars reporting. I will be back soon for the 76ers Kings game shortly.

Turner Sports
Marvin Mars is Turner Sports' main analyst in the NBA Draft and news reporter for the Philadelphia 76ers. He used to work for NBC and ESPN until coming to Turner Sports to become a feature columnist. He hasn't slacked off of his work all season and continues to post the latest news for the Philadelphia 76ers. Follow his Twitter here. Hey! He's got a Facebook now. Like his page.
SuperHueyNewton

Re: (25-8) Plan A| Anthony Davis Interview

Postby skotas28 on Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:11 pm

Nice presentation and all.. But you should go down on your shooting sliders. To shoot 51% in a season and 48% from threes is just non-realistic. That would bore the s**t out of me. Sorry :)
skotas28

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:44 am

skotas28 wrote:Nice presentation and all.. But you should go down on your shooting sliders. To shoot 51% in a season and 48% from threes is just non-realistic. That would bore the s**t out of me. Sorry :)

Yeah, your right. it isn't realistic at all, but seeing how close my games are at times, it doesn't make much of a difference. I also miss quite a few shots when I'm wide open. My three slider is on 56 though, everything else is default
SuperHueyNewton

VS Kings

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:57 am

Lay the kids down
76ers get expected win over Kings*

AP- Philadelphia, PA| Dec. 10, 2011

This was expected. The much weaker Kings take on the much greater 76ers. The Kings had the better of the Sixers for a short while in the first quarter, but that quickly changed. The strong defense from Philadelphia took over in the second quarter allowing only 16 points the whole time. The game stayed in Philadelphia's control from there.

In the third quarter, the pace was all in Philly's speed. Instead of just trying to get shots in, Evan Turner and Danilo Gallinari had their own highlights coming from the third. Turner was able to trump a plethora of Kings players with an up and under move. Close to the end of the third, Gallinari was able to get a buzzer beating fade out of the post. Just as the clock ticked away. They had the game won, at that point. And it was well known.

In the forth, the pace started getting faster. The Kings got almost a handful of threes from lack of defense from the Sixers who were no longer taking the game seriously. The Kings couldn't chop down the lead under 10 and never got to less than 13. The Kings were able to score thirty points in that one quarter. The 76ers were still able to get 29 points keeping their big lead the whole time.

Something seemed to develop on the court for a short time. Evan Turner and Wilson Chandler couldn't get on the same page when on the floor together. Evan Turner was forced to give up many of his 6 turnovers while Wilson Chandler was on the court. Chandler also struggled when trying to get shots when Turner was on the floor. When one or the other sat down, they both performed well. Not sure if it is a locker room problem, but it doesn't seem like a good sign for either.

Doug Collins voiced his opinion on what happened when Turner and Chandler were on the court together. "I'm not sure if or what happened with those two tonight. They were able to work together well last night against the Bulls. But tonight, it was a completely different story. Wilson struggled to get a steady stroke when Turner was on the floor. Turner was also unable to take care of the ball. He had what? Three in the first quarter? I'll need to talk to them both. But I'll definitely try to solve what ever was the problem."

Tyreke Evans talked to the press for a little while but asked for it to stay out of papers and kept quiet. Since I have freedom of speech, he told reporters. "I hate how we played tonight. This was embarrassing. We've been on the losing side for most of my career here and I want out. This place had done nothing to get better. Really? Greg Oden didn't do anything out there. We need more help, and now."

The 76ers will now play the Washington Wizards at home Friday. The Indiana Pacers away the next. Then invite the TrailBlazers back home next Tuesday. I will be giving the update for the Blazers game next Tuesday.

33 points, 3 rebounds, 13 assists, 2 steals

Turner Sports

Post-game stats & Highlights
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -39-63.jpg
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -40-81.jpg

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

*Note: For some reason I thought we were going to Sacramento but in reality. We were hosting them. Just ignore this I guess. I have been putting in the post for a few days now. Sorry about that
SuperHueyNewton

Postby skotas28 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:44 am

SuperHueyNewton wrote:
skotas28 wrote:Nice presentation and all.. But you should go down on your shooting sliders. To shoot 51% in a season and 48% from threes is just non-realistic. That would bore the s**t out of me. Sorry :)

Yeah, your right. it isn't realistic at all, but seeing how close my games are at times, it doesn't make much of a difference. I also miss quite a few shots when I'm wide open. My three slider is on 56 though, everything else is default

You should reduce the sliders for cpu as well. Make them even your and cpu. And you should go down 3's to 50 at least. I have fg on 44, 3's on 46, but my sliders are downloaded. And I shoot about FG 47%, 3's 38%.
skotas28

Vs Trailblazers

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:42 am

76ers take big win on MLK Day
Philadelphia came through again with another blowout

AP- Philadelphia, PA| Jan. 16, 2012

From tip-off this game looked good. The TrailBlazers never gave up going against the Eastern Conference foe. They knew they were over-matched but tried to cover it up anyway possible. With no definite scorer, the ball was spread around enough to key shooters to keep up with Philadelphia's high octane offense. Danilo Gallinari looked exceptional starting off also, quickly getting 8 points in his six minutes of play-time overshadowing Evan Turner. The first quarter was tied up at 25 all and looked like we were in for a good game.

Again in the second quarter was looking like a great game. Everyone looked like they were getting to it. Not letting the mismatch get the best of them, they tried their best to keep the game as close as possible. One of the only players that couldn't get with it was Wilson Chandler, but we'll touch on him later. The game stayed equal with no real leader throughout with the 76ers escaping with a 3 point lead.

In the third quarter though, is where the game looked way different. The 76ers opened the quarter with a 13-0 run that took almost 2 and a half minutes to end by the Blazers. Again, one of the players that couldn't play real well was Wilson Chandler.At about the 6 minute mark. Chandler was going 3-13 and continued to force the issue the whole time. Evan Turner continued to do his usual "I score, you score" routine getting at least 8 points in the quarter and an additional 4 assists to increase his total to 8. But at about the start of the third. He had a clumsy fall and slightly struggled to get up, it was later revealed as a minor twisted ankle and returned to the game as soon as it was diagnosed.

Evan Turner also made Jamal Crawford look foolish all night. The prized off-season grab by the TrailBlazers was able to get 19 points in the game, but would have impacted a lot more if he could stay out of foul trouble. Turner forced him into 5 fouls in the third quarter and Crawford didn't see the floor for the rest of the game. Fans could now see who was going to win at this point late in the third as it wasn't looking close any longer with Philadelphia holding a 16 points lead.

It is pretty much a tape-recording when it comes to Philadelphia in the fourth quarter. Evan Turner poured in another 11 points to get him 33 points for the game and dished out another 5 assists to get his final 13 of the game. Danilo also added another 8 getting 26. At the mid-point of the final quarter, the scoring difference was 15-8 in Philadelphia's advantage. At this points even Sixer fans were leaving knowing who had this game won. Close to the end of the game, the only starter to be in was Wilson Chandler. Who was stillt trying to redeem his shooting percentage. But it was over and everyone knew it. The Philadelphia tacked in yet another win.

"That game could have been incredible." Evan Turner told Reggie Miller in a post-game interview. "It started off like how a team on the West would play like. But it didn't end that way. i enjoyed playing against Jamal Crawford and can't wait to play him again next season."

Philadelphia will now host both Toronto and Oklahoma City in the coming days. I won't be available for the Raptor game but expect a game review for the Thunder game.

33 points, 13 assists, 3 steals, 3 rebounds, 1 block

Turner Sports

Post-game stats
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -48-39.jpg
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -47-01.jpg
SuperHueyNewton

Re: (26-10) Plan A| Anthony Davis Interview

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:44 am

Sorry if you guys think that was a long read. I wanted to highlight every quarter but I don't think I'll continue doing it like that, it truthfully bored me writing something so long. I just wanted to push a bit more info out from this game, see you guys on a later date
SuperHueyNewton

Lavoy Allen start, Young trade?

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:16 am

Report: Lavoy Allen for starting role, 76ers interested in Young again

Doug Collins and Huey Newton have seemed to have mixed thoughts recently. Collins is thinking about starting rookie PF Lavoy Allen in place of center over Spencer Hawes tonight against the Thunder. Newton is interested in re-trading for PF/SF Thaddeus Young. A few days ago, Hawes pulled in 14 rebounds in his season high for against the Raptors so thinking of using a new starter is a little odd. Collins explained to me that he is going to use Hawes off the bench for scoring if necessary since he really isn't known for defense. He is hoping Allen's bigger body will compete with the Thunder's Kendrick Perkins.

On the other end, Philly has had a solid bench but Newton seems to want to reach out to the recently traded Sixer again. Young has expressed how discontent he is not getting as much minutes as he hoped. Right now he is averaging 8.0 ppg. in 13.8 mpg. Newton didn't want to answer many questions about the subject other than, "We have thought about trying to grab him again to have a spark in our bench. We may also try to engage in talks with the Knicks and try to work something out for J.R. Smith."

Since Young is under a 4 year contract, Philadelphia won't be able to obtain him in the offseason anytime soon. And since J.R. Smith is considering free agency anyway, Philadelphia may want to hold out a little longer.

Turner Sports
SuperHueyNewton

Vs. Thunder

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:30 am

Fastpaced tic tac
OKC and Philly go back and forth in high scoring game

AP- Philadelphia, PA| Jan. 20 2012

These two teams showed how exciting a game can be when you have some of the leagues best scores on the floor. Kevin Durant, Russel Westbrook, Evan Turner, and Wilson Chandler. All top twenty scorers in the league showed the prominence with great baskets all night. You can tell how exciting this game was just by looking at the halftime score. Both teams combined for more than 118 points at the half and continued to score in loads all night.

The player with the most points: Russel Westbrook struggled to get a hold of the ball for most of the game. He ended with 10 turnovers, contributing to the Thunder's 21 turnovers from the night. In his defense though, the 76ers played great defense getting a wild number of 21 steals. Westbrook's turnovers might have been the thing that cost them the game.

A little into the third quarter there was an injury, Lou Williams was fouled on a shot and had to take a seat. It was revealed to be another Twisted Ankle. That is the second one this week the other one was Evan Tuner's so both players have announced they will change the style shoes they wear. Turner wears a custom NikeID pair of KD5s and Williams wears Converse DefCon. They will keep wearing their sponsor's shoes, but just a different type of pair to avoid any new injuries.

Finally this game had to conclude at such a high level of intensity, no one was bored once even at the final buzzer when it was announced another victory for the Philadelphia 76ers.

"That was excitement at it's highest level." Turner exclaimed to Reggie Miller. "I had fun going up against Westbrook and Durant, I want to see both of these guys at the All-Star game so hopefully they work as hard as I am."

Durant responded to Turner's comments. "Yeah that was an excellent game, I know this summer I'm training with this guy. E.T. is a guy that spreads energy and truthfully, its like he was giving me and my team he radiated so much. I hope to see this guy in the All-Star game too, and trust me. I'm going to the All-Star game."

Now Philadelphia will head to Detroit in the second game of their back-to-back and head to Minnesota to play the Timberwolves.

31 points, 5 rebounds, 15 assists, 5 steals, 1 block

Turner Sports

Post-game stats
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -31-66.jpg
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -30-99.jpg
SuperHueyNewton

Chapter 5: Surprise surprise

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:13 am

It is close to noon. Huey Newton busily walks into the Philadelphia 76ers office with papers in his hand. Lauren, the new assistant tells him its from the Memphis Grizzlies. Newton knows what its about. He takes the papers and studies them in his office, he is ready to sign them when there's a knock at the door.

Huey Newton: Who is it?

Instead of answering at the door he hears a reply from his phone intercom.

Lauren: Sir, its Mr. Smith, and Mr. Harris. They would like a word from you, there's someone else but he seems to be with them and he's keeping his distance for now. Should I send them in?

Newton: Go ahead.

The door opens and incomes part of the group of owners of the team. Joshua Harris and Will Smith. They both look like they don't want to be here. Like they lost a bet or something.

Newton: Hello guys. Anything you need?

Harris waves his hand: Nothing too much of a deal Newton we just had to talk with you. What's on those papers?

Newton hands Harris the papers: It is a trade request from the Memphis Grizzlies, they've asked for-

Harris looking displeased cuts off Newton: Danilo Gallinari and Spencer Hawes for Gerald Wallace? You were going to accept this?

Newton: Yes, and why not? Wallace is a great player that is a veteran and can mentor these guys.

Smith: True, but this is the reason why we are here Huey. Because of you're loud moves from a while ago. Over the last few weeks and its been talked about, someone need to be here to argue with you about some of your moves.

Newton looking quite confused: Didn't we discuss this before? The last trade I made was months ago and it has worked out greatly! I'm just trying to shake things up.

Harris red in the face: We don't need to mess up a winning recipe. Its lucky we got here in the time we did, you need to be controlled Newton!

Newton: So what are you gonna do? Put me on probation? Fire me? You guys have to admit that so far, I have been a good GM. So I ask again, what are you gonna do?

Smith: Its not what we're going to, its what we did. No, we're not putting you under any type of probation or try to fire you. We just have someone else your just going to HAVE to discuss everything with involving this team. You two must agree on any trades, signings, and even draft picks. We have also made sure he has this team's best interest in mind.

Newton: So technically I've got an assistant? Oh this sounds great! Wonder how long it'll take for me to break him!

Joshua Harris walks towards the door and calls someone, he reenters the room with a man following him. He's light-skinned, has a labyrinth in his hair and is covered in tattoos. He was dressed in baggy sports shorts and a throwback Philadelphia jersey with the number "2" on it. Huey immediately recognizes him.

Newton: Surprise surprise. I'd thought I would never see you face to face. So your the guy i answer to now huh? How ironic.

???: That's the old me, I came here for business and to make this team better, you want to make outlandish moves. Fine with me. But I'm the one who says no now.

Newton holds out his hand: Well still its nice to meet you. But couldn't you have worn a suit to discuss something like this?

The man shakes Newton's hand: Just because I'm not playing doesn't mean I can't go to practice.
SuperHueyNewton

Re: (30-10) Plan A| Chapter 5: Surprise surprise

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:24 am

Changin' up my sliders now to make my story a little more competitive, I have been going on a lot of win streaks and its about time i change some things
SuperHueyNewton

@ Timberwolves

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:56 am

Chandler wins game with last second three
Chandler makes 3 with only 0.6 second left

AP- Minneapolis, MN| Jan. 23, 2012

In a slow-paced, defensive starves game, we see the Philadelphia 76ers get yet another win as the top themselves over the Minnesota Timberwolves. Almost everyone was clicking tonight and that could be attributed to most of the low amount of defense. Turner and Chandler went on another scoring rampage helping their All-Star considerations. Turner was very unsightly when it came to keeping the ball in his hands, having 7 turnovers at the final buzzer but also had 9 assists. Chandler never really went cold, barely scoring in the first quarter then pouring it in during the later quarters.

The biggest adversary for some of the 76ers defense was Ricky Rubio. He only ended the game with 11 points, but most of all of his points came in the third quarter when both teams were fighting for the lead. He pushed their lead to ten twice before going back to his passing self.

In the final quarter, it was left, right, in the crowd as baskets went back and forth. The game got as close to 2 points in the final seconds. The Timberwolves were able to grab the lead with only about 2.2 seconds left in the game followed by Philadelphia timeout. With most of their three point shooters in, the ball was inbounded to Wilson Chandler who hesitated to take the shot, but let go of the ball. There was about three hands in his face since he was close to the inbound area but the ball hit bottom still. Minnesota tried to get the lead back again with only 0.6 seconds left, instead of trying to get something close. Ricky Rubio took the ball about three feet behind the 3-point line and missed. So the game was finally Philadelphia's.

"Too bad that was the end of our series," Evan Turner sighed in the post-game conference. The series was split 1-1 with Minnesota winning 90-80. "My heart was racing from such competition. The Timberwolves certainly showed us what their made of, but thanks to Wilson(Chandler), that wasn't enough."

Soon the 76ers will go against the Charlotte Bobcats in Philadelphia. I won't be in attendance but Ernie Simms will. The Bobcats won the first game of this series but failed to win the second one. The tiebreaker will be this Thursday after the Sixers go up against the Pacers.

POTG: Wilson Chandler & Evan Turner
Chandler: 27 points,6 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 block
Turner: 26 points, 4 rebounds, 9 assists, 1 steal, 1 block

Even though both players had great games separately,the Player of The Game couldn't go to one player. That would be an injustice as both players were dearly needed to win this game tonight.

Turner Sports

Post-game stats
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... 26e879.jpg
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... 5af5e8.jpg
SuperHueyNewton

Re: (31-11) Plan A| Chapter 5: Surprise surprise

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:27 am

Rumor: Iverson working for 76ers?

AP- Jan. 25 2012

Either as a player or coach, it is being rumored that Allen Iverson has some sort of job working as for the Philadelphia 76ers. Iverson is 36 and has tried to return to the NBA, especially to the 76ers for quite some time. He played internationally a year ago before stopping and has continued to try to return to the NBA.

Though this could be positive for Philadelphia. If not signed to be a player, did Huey Newton hire him? Iverson would surely be a "No" man to Newton at just about every opportunity. So this hire may have come from upstairs, where Newton has no control over the matter. It has also been rumored that the owners don't like some of the deals Newton works so it appears the just want someone to be in the office to clear up their anger.

Iverson has not played in the NBA for 3 years, what could be his sudden appearance in the news be?

Turner Sports
SuperHueyNewton

Vs. Bobcats

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:05 pm

Showing who's the King
Philadelphia blows out Charlotte in series ending

30 points, 10 assists, 9 rebounds

Post-Game stats
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -08-61.jpg
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -08-08.jpg
SuperHueyNewton

Re: (32-11) Plan A| Showing who's King

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:10 pm

Alright there are a few things I want to explain right now. My recap will not stay like the one above, I'm extremely tired with all the school work I have to handle lately so I just posted up the recap. Also, I'm moving the difficulty up. The first game with the new sliders were against the TImberwolves, and the game was on pro. With the recent game, it was still on pro, but a complete blowout and very boring. So now I will be playing on All-Star until further notice again.
SuperHueyNewton

Surprise Part 2

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:50 am

Huey Newton: My life is Hell

Huey Newton has found himself saying this under his breath in recent days. The same freedom he had just a few months ago, when he pulled that blockbuster with Igoudala. Has just been taken away by one man. Allen Iverson.

Every suggestion Huey made, it was either "No," or "Just wait." He couldn't take it much longer. Every idea had to given to his this underling who seems to have more power and persuasion than Huey.

Today Huey found himself alone with his head in papers trying to relieve the stress he garnered only in about two ours when Lauren rang in again.

Lauren: Excuse me Mr. Newton. Mr. Iverson and Mr. Harris are needing to have a word with you, should I allow them in?

Newton: Oh my... Go ahead Lauren.

He attempted to straighten his suit and brush up his short afro.
The door opened with Iverson leading being followed by Josh Harris on his tail.

Newton: Are you guys in a relationship or somethin'? Since when does the guy that answer to you lead?

Harris: Whatever Newton, enjoying your time with A.I.?

Newton: Can't say it's the encounter I foresaw when I thought about meeting one of my idols.

Harris: Hmph. Well it won't end until you do so... Let's get to talking. You've still tried to work fruitless moves with Allen here?

Iverson: Josh, I thought that wasn't what we were here for. You know you're going to get mad at this meeting.

Harris: No. No. Iverson. You "Thought," I wasn't going into this. Though I am anyway. Now back to my question. Are you still trying to make moves that have no way of being completed?

Newton: Does a Pope pee in the woods?

Both Harris and Iverson are taken aback by this question. They simply stare at Newton like he just went mad.

Iverson: I'm going to say no but it should be a "yes" question, but that's beside the point. We've come to discuss Evan Turner.

Newton: What about Evan Turner?

Iverson: In recent weeks, he's been asking everybody and their mama about Anthony Davis. He's seemed to dropped contact with Turner. Do you know anything about this?

As Newton is opening his mouth, Lauren rings again.

Lauren: Sir, sorry to interrupt. But Evan Turner is asking to see you right now. Should I allow him in?

Harris: Go ahead Lauren. We invited him with us.

Newton looks at Harris sideways as Evan walks in still in his practice uniform walks in and rushes into a seat in front of Newton. Then looks up and shakes hands with Iverson and Harris to try and escape behind him.

Newton: Too late Evan go ahead and snake back up.

Iverson: You never answered my question Huey, do you have something to do with Anthony Davis' sudden halt of communication?

Newton: Why does this have to do with anything?

Evan Turner: Well sir, he's one of my best friends and its kinda weird that he just stopped you know? I mean we're homeboys, but since around mid-December he has been silent to me. I've been to some of his games to try and holla' at him. But I get a cold shoulder. It's really weird and it has been effecting my play.

Newton: Haha E.T. you just had an amazing game against the Bobcats, what are you talking about?

Iverson: Look, Newton, just answer the question. Understand?

Newton: Alright, truthfully. In all honesty. Off the top of my head. With no lie.

Harris: Oh my God I can't stand you. ANSWER. THE. QUES. STION.

Newton in the middle of a laugh: Okay, okay. No I have nothing to do with Anthony's silence.

Harris: Then why don't I believe you?

Newton: Because, you don't like me.

Turner: Thank you sir, I'm going to try his family now.

Iverson: Now that isn't necessary Evan. I'll talk to him myself

Newton tries to hide some of his surprise as Harris was the only one with his eyes on him.

Harris with a wide smile: Let's do that A.I. and lets discuss your contract. I have a feeling that you might be in need of a promotion soon. We'll see if Newton has illegally contacted a College recruit.

Iverson: Hmm..? Oh yes sir. Let's go E. Gotta get back to practice.

Turner: We still on with our one-on-one?

Iverson: Hell yeah. Come on

They all leave Huey alone with a slightly nagged expression on his face.

Newton: Oh crap...
SuperHueyNewton

Re: (32-11) Plan A| Surprise pt. 2

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:04 am

Wallace: "Trade me"
Rockets, Pistons, Hornets, and 76ers interested in Gerald Wallace

AP- Jan. 28, 2012|New York, New York

In a move that proved dastardly for both sides, Gerald Wallace of the Memphis Grizzlies is demanding a trade. Wallace was only acquired by the Grizzlies on December 22 of last year. Wallace was traded for point guard Michael Conley and center Hamed Haddadi. His play time has dramatically lessened.

Wallace is leaned on as a sixth man, something he's never had to do. He was a star in Charlotte and a starter in Portland so telling him to come off the bench is something he didn't take to kindly to and is demanding a trade from Memphis. So far he is averaging about 8.6 ppg and less than 1 steal a game in 23.3 mpg. His stats have suffered since being traded there but other teams who want to make him a starter are interested in him.

The Rockets have been using Chandler Parsons as their starter for most of this season and he averages around 9.1 ppg in 29.8 mpg. If the Rockets can pull in Wallace it would surely help their scoring. The Pistons are trying to find someone to replace Tayshaun Prince who hasn't played well in recent years but has been playing his best this season shooting 49.1% shooting on 14.7 ppg in 31.1 mpg. Wallace and Prince will most likely have to be swapped if the Pistons win their race. The Hornets are still relying on Trevor Ariza to hold on to their small foward position this year as he has averaged only 5.6 ppg on 29.4% shooting from the field and 28% shooting from three in 28.5 mpg. The Hornets are desperately in need of Wallace's talent as Ariza hasn't been performing as well as the team wished he would this year.

The Philadelphia 76ers have also have put themselves in this rumor mill as they have also shown interest in Wallace. Wilson Chandler has performed well at the small forward position and Danilo Gallinari doesn't ever seem to be out of position when playing power forward so it seems like Wallace would end up asking for a trade anyway or not resigning after this season.

The Grizzlies have not spoken on the matter of Wallace so far but are most likely looking at any offers from the before mentioned teams in some type of trade.

Turner Sports
SuperHueyNewton

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood