[Guide] Leftos' Guide to a Great 2012-13 Roster (upd Jul 28)

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K12 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Guide] Leftos' Guide to a Great 2012-13 Roster

Postby Uncle Drew on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:48 am

You're right, UBR runs fine, It just won't allow me to install roster merge. After I re-installed Net framework 4 full installation, it still won't allow roster merge, so I'm resigned to not being able to use it, unless another solution presents itself.
Uncle Drew

Postby thefuzz7219 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:20 pm

Do I need the developer tables to open three rosters at once?
thefuzz7219

Postby mlp111 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:04 pm

everytime i do this, i get a roster that doesnt have all the teams from UBR24, dont know what i'm doing wrong
mlp111

Postby Leftos on Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:16 pm

thefuzz7219, I've already answered that.

mlp111, this guide isn't supposed to get you ALL teams from UBR. It's only meant to give you a current 2012-2013 team roster. If you want all the teams from UBR with Albys edits on current players, follow my answer in this post.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Guide] Leftos' Guide to a Great 2012-13 Roster (upd Jul

Postby Leftos on Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:51 pm

Updated guide to include the needed repairs that Roster Merge v0.4.0.2 can do on the resulting combined roster.

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Uncle Drew on Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:59 pm

Can you run roster merge from a created folder on your desktop?
Uncle Drew

Postby Leftos on Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:24 pm

You mean you extracted the Roster Merge download into a folder on your desktop? Sure, that should work. You can extract Roster Merge anywhere.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby isaac98 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:15 am

Could someone do this for us? I don't have the proper license for REDitor(I think that I'm not the only one) but I would really love to have this. Big thanks in advance, I know this mustn't be easy, but I would be very grateful.
isaac98

Postby Leftos on Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:16 am

isaac98, without permission from HAWK23, Albys and Nick, nobody can release a combined roster based on their work.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Uncle Drew on Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:11 pm

Hey Leftos, I want to thank you for your patience. I know I've been asking a boatload of questions about roster merge and probably been a P.I.T.A., but I'm pleased to tell you I successfully got it to work !! :D That last video did the trick, for some reason I understood it better. I still can't really tell if it worked, but the mod said "success" after I followed each of the steps. Also, will I notice if the players play differently after combining Alby's edits to UBR? Again, thx for all your help.
Uncle Drew

Postby isaac98 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:00 pm

Sorry to hear that Leftos. But thanks for the answer at least.
isaac98

Postby Leftos on Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:24 pm

Pistol, glad to hear you got it to work. You'll notice the players play differently as far as what categories you picked. Skills will make sure their ratings changed. Tendencies will change what the CPU players tend to do, etc.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby 123rockstar on Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:34 pm

Thank you so much for the video Leftos! Its was really detailed and very informative indeed! :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown2:
123rockstar
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Uncle Drew on Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:49 am

Leftos, after getting roster merge to work, got a question regarding the roster I saved . After merging Alby's v6 edits to UBRv24, I saved the file in my documents as MyUBRv24. Should I copy and paste that file to my C:\users\****\appdata\roaming\2ksports\nba2k12\saves folder or does the game recognize and load the file from within the saved file from my documents?
Uncle Drew

Postby Leftos on Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:51 am

No, you need to move it to the saves within appdata, just like you said. Once it shows up in Load/Save in-game, you'll know you did it right.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Uncle Drew on Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:15 am

^^ Ok, thx.
Uncle Drew

Postby jp10_pogi on Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:20 pm

sir if we will execute a "from ALBYS to UBR", i repeat ALBYS to UBR :lol: ... what are the important categories to CHECK? I have the idea but maybe ill miss a category thats why i want to direct the question to you sir leftos. thanks

i think ill base the answer in your previous reply... EXCEPT Name, Bio, Appearance, Status, Stats and Contracts :mrgreen:
Don't Criticize, HYPERize!
jp10_pogi

Postby Leftos on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:00 pm

Pretty much the things you believe Albys had done right, but nothing that messes up the roster.

So skills, abilities, tendencies, hot spots, hot zones, maybe even play style. The categories you mention that I said you shouldn't merge when doing Albys to UBR, I stand by that. You shouldn't copy them.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby jp10_pogi on Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:52 pm

thanks for the info sir. another question. did i miss or did I over do it.. I merged ALBYS to UBR. upon playing a fresh association I noticed that all rookies class of 2012 were duplicated. did i miss an important step or mistakenly checked boxes along the rostermerge software? thank you again.
jp10_pogi

Postby Leftos on Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:55 pm

What were the exact choices you did on the main screen of Roster Merge? Which categories did you pick, and what did you pick for all other options? There's no reason for players to be duplicated, but there could be something wrong in the code that I've missed.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby jp10_pogi on Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:20 pm

specifically I did an ALBYS to DAROSTER. then followed the step by step instructions in the above link. I didnt miss a step, followed everything. Ill repeat the steps and report back to you sir

I FIXED USING THIS SOLUTION, PLs check:

ALBYS to DAROSTER

in the roster merge interface i selected skills, abilities, tendencies, hot spots, hot zones and play style. i selected NONE under TEAMS.

i tried loading it and there were no players duplicated. are my steps right sir?

conclusion: basically i just wanted to bring the play style skill ablities etc from ALBYS to DAROSTER. i wanted daroster because of the updated trades and I CAN PLAY SHORT GAMES compared to UBR.

thank you. it just needs patience. (Y)
jp10_pogi

Postby Leftos on Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:27 am

You seem to have gotten it right this time.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Tibs on Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:34 pm

Hi Leftos, much respect for everything you've done for the community!! (Y)

I read through most everything I could find and still have a couple of questions.... if I just want an updated 2012-13 experience and do the roster /draft class merges as you've outlined, do I need to download and add the entire UBR v29 package? I know there's a bunch of artwork in there for legends and historic teams, etc. do I need all that, or just the roster file from UBR v29?

Same question on CF's and portrait files. Albys has a reccomended portrait file, as does UBR. If I follow all your insructions, and end up with a new merged roster file, which CF's and portrait packages will work with it?

Thanks a million, Tibs
Tibs

Postby Leftos on Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:41 pm

It all depends on which roster you're going to base your "Appearance" category on in the end. If you pick to copy UBR's Appearance category to Albys' roster, you'll need the CFs and Portraits that UBR uses. If you do not do that, you can use the Albys' required/recommended ones. HOWEVER, any players missing from the Albys roster (such as the '12/'13 rookies), will have ALL their information copied over from UBR to Albys, so any portraits that are assigned to them may show up wrong if you keep the Albys' recommended portraits.

On the next step, regarding the Draft Class, again, you can either copy Appearance or not, depending on whether you want to use Nick's recommended CFs and Portraits, or stay with Albys' or UBR's, whatever you've picked up to that point.

I'll make sure to improve Roster Merge and offer the user the choice of specific columns, and not just categories, so you can opt to say, combine CFs from one roster, and portraits from another.

Won't have any time to do that for the next 10 days or so, but I promise to work on that come October.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Tibs on Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:50 pm

Awesome, thanks Leftos. Your response made it a lot clearer for me, will try to build this new roster later today. Should be good to play around with till I get my hands on 2k13. You're a champ, and congrats again on all the innovative work you've done to make this game so much better. Cheers, Tibs
Tibs

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K12 Modding