GTA V

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: GTA V

Postby Lean on Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:21 pm

AIRCRAFTS! NO MORE OBSTACLE MISSIONS PLEASE!!!
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:49 am

Planes: all fine until you reach an incredibly difficult and unavoidable mission involving them.

Seriously though, the latest screens look awesome. Looking forward to seeing more.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby benji on Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:12 am

Leisure:

benji

Postby buzzy on Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:54 am

aww shiieeeet
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby el badman on Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:00 pm

Wow :shock:
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:43 pm

Wow indeed. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bowdown on Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:22 am

Damn. really.
bowdown

Postby ixcuincle on Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:32 pm

:applaud:
ixcuincle

Postby Jeffx on Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:50 am

I'm fapping right now.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:24 am

Screens look fantastic, but I'm eager for some info. Changes to gameplay mechanics, how story and side missions are handled, what's different from previous games in the series and what's been improved upon.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby jenz on Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:11 am

ohhhh shiiiittttt. :shock: :shock: :shock:
jenz
Too cool for a custom title.

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:25 am

Grand Theft Auto 5 Promo Materials Point To Spring 2013 Release

It looks like Rockstar Games is shooting for a spring 2013 release for Grand Theft Auto 5, based on photos of leaked promo materials posted by GTA-Five.pl (original link is dead, image via All Games Beta). Take this with a shaker full of salt, Internet. Nothing's real until Rockstar confirms it, as convincing as this image might be.

Even if this purportedly leaked material isn't legit, chances are still pretty high that we'll be returning to Los Santos in spring 2013.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ixcuincle on Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:43 am

Saw that promotional material somewhere else. Today, it was confirmed that that indeed is the release date for GTA V.

The material shows 360 and PS3 logos, but not PC. I wish they'd release PC on the same time, but, like IV, they're probably going to release it a few months later. This time, I do have a console, so I can get the game on time.

Now all I need is some info on the people in the game, or the main character :cry:
ixcuincle

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:31 am

Guess I'll be getting it on 360 then.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jackal on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:48 am

Albert DeSilva will be one of the game’s main characters. The half American, half Puerto Rican is 42 years old with an ex-wife and two children. After losing most of his money in a Ponzi scheme, he turns to a life of crime. Gamers will also play as Dougie Vejo, a more youthful criminal getting his start in Los Santos. Players will be able to switch between Albert and Dougie using the back button on Xbox 360.

Los Santos is the only major city featured in the game, with smaller suburbs along the countryside. Grove Street is back in a reference to Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas but CJ and Sweet are nowhere to be found. However, one or more characters from Grand Theft Auto 4 could be making an appearance. Love Fist, a band that originally appeared in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and has been referenced in each GTA game since, is expected to show up in GTA 5. The Stinger is also back.

Click.
Jackal

Postby JaoSming on Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:28 am

UPDATE: According to a tweet by GameInformer Managing Editor Matt Bertz, the leaked information is false.

Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby ixcuincle on Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:04 am

Here is the GI story on GTA V

http://imgur.com/a/GsODP

Apparently there are 3 protagonists in this game, instead of the usual 1. Looks good.

Okay...there's a lot of information about the game in the article. None of them are named Albert, although the assessment of the character is pretty similar. The character, according to the bio, is named Michael, and he is a retired bank robber who is married with 2 kids. Another character is named Trevor, and he is a career criminal who has worked with Michael in the past. The third guy is named Franklin, and he is a repo man who repossesses cars.

This world is also the largest that Rockstar has ever attempted, and it's solely Los Santos, no other cities are involved. The world is so big, that it's been described as larger than the GTA IV, GTA San Andreas, and RDR worlds, combined.

They did get rid of some of the dating and phone aspects which were so annoying in GTA IV. They also have a more "dynamic mission" approach which was seen in Red Dead Redemption, you can drive by people and ignore the quest, or help out if you want.

What I found amazing is the mission approaches now. You can start a mission as one character, and then switch over to another character for another perspective. An example is given during the article as you can choose to either fly the chopper with one character, shoot at other choppers with another character, or shoot out the back with another character. This is an amazing new approach to gameplay.
ixcuincle

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:19 am

My first reaction to the idea of three protagonists was that it could get a bit convoluted, but the more I read, the more the idea started to grow on me. It's definitely an interesting and creative approach for a sandbox game. I like the idea of being able to switch between the characters on missions, taking on the role that plays to your gaming strengths and keeping you in the action without too much boring in-between. Referring to the example in the article, if you're better at sniping, switching to Franklin would make sense. If you're better a close range combat, sticking with Michael would probably work best. That certainly appeals to me.

It's nice to hear that they've toned down the dating and phone stuff, though it sounds like there's still a fair amount of that stuff there and from their comments, I'm not sure they really understood the criticism of that aspect of GTA IV, especially when they talk about bringing it back in the future. My other concern is failing and re-attempting missions. Failing a lengthy mission, especially due to plain bad luck, just makes me feel like switching the game off instead of starting again from the beginning. If we can't save on the fly (like say, Fallout 3/New Vegas), then hopefully there are checkpoints or something better than having to drive to the trigger point and start the whole thing over again, especially with such a huge game world.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:44 pm

Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:57 am

Hmm, nope. The smoke in that car fire isn't quite black enough. So cartoonish, SMH. Game sucks, fire everyone involved.

Seriously though, wow. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ixcuincle on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:31 am

New trailer comes out tomorrow at 11 AM EST.

Also, more information is coming out about the game. There will be wildlife in the game, as well as pets, although it's not known if you can own any of them. There also won't be any purchasing of property like in GTA SA. The whole map will also be unlocked from the start, meaning you won't be restricted to one zone like in previous games.
ixcuincle

Postby DondiWhite on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:53 am

What im looking forward to is post console release when PC get the focus. Then we will see the multi screen support, HD textures, and also something I am really looking interested at is the replay editing section. I wonder on PC how much that will be updated? Direct to youtube and social media uploads (like NBA) ... ? More key frame editing? Longer replay capture times? Going to be a wait before any of that info ... but I will wait.
DondiWhite

Postby ixcuincle on Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:09 am

phpBB [video]
ixcuincle

Postby JaoSming on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:10 am

:bowdown: :bowdown2:
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:55 am

Really liking it. Looks like a nice blend of humour and grittiness.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic