Re: Dream Team 1992 and Current 2012 USA Squad in NBA 2K13

Postby _Steve_ on Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:59 am

Sauru wrote:they dont even have the complete team. big deal, wont ever use

I second that.
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby RedPhazon8 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:01 am

I get the idea you can't get every single player onto the classic teams in 2k11 and 2k12, but if you can't get everyone on one team for 2k13... it kinda ruins the reason you're including it.
RedPhazon8

Postby Phraynk on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:08 am

People need to chill out. We had Pippen in 5 straight 2K games, so what we don't have him on the Dream Team, at least be happy we have one.
"These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess."
Phraynk

Postby IronMike on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:21 am

SCOTTIE PIPPEN IN NBA2K12
SCOTTIE PIPPEN IN NBA2K13
:mrgreen:
Has so much detail in NBA2K13 lol
#FREEMEEKMILL
IronMike
0-100 Real Quick

Postby Uros12 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:07 am

Nothing really big here.I mean,we already had this on PC version with mods,and even in console versions there is an option to "create a team" and put all Dream Team players there since they were all in the game except for Barkley.Also it is a disappointment not to have Pippen in the game,how are they gonna make any MJ Bulls teams without him?
Still taking my time to perfect the beat
And I still got love for the streets.
Uros12

Postby OldFoolStyle on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:09 am

Ok. Time for a new conspiracy theory; no Pip 'cause Scottie and Charles just flat out eff'in' hate each other. Seriously, with all the reports of Pip's finances, I'd assume he'd take whatever handout 2K offered so it can't be money. As 2K hates deleting art files from previous games I expect there to be a Pippen CF with black arms on the disk somewhere(yes i'm getting the disk and not a digital download, what of it?).
As for Chuck not being on "any other teams"; There is no reason or excuse to have the 1984-85 76er's without Andrew Toney, look at what Charles has to say about the guy on his website. And no on the 1992-93 Phoenix Suns, Richard Dumas got banned from the NBA for cocaine, and I'm pretty shure Oliver Miller done ate Jerrod Mustaf and Negele' Knight.
OldFoolStyle

Postby IronMike on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:15 am

lol oliver miller :lol: :lol:
#FREEMEEKMILL
IronMike
0-100 Real Quick

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:51 am

It's cool to have the Dream Team in the game out of the box and including the 2012 team is a no-brainer given the debate that's raged in recent months, but the absence of Scottie Pippen due to the inability to secure his likeness rights this year is certainly disappointing. Getting Barkley in the game is huge, but losing Pip kind of balances it out.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby sevin0seven on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:13 am

wait...i think i figured it out. without Pippen in the original 1992 Dream Team, It will give the 2012 USA Team a better chance to win! :P
"Every basketball player doesn't have to learn the exact same move. Imagination and creativity separates you from others. Dare to be different!" - Rod Strickland
sevin0seven

Postby ryence on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:20 am

uummm what ever, as long hawk,eda and jao is out there..i dnt mind..after all i've got UBR and FIBA MOD..
ryence

Postby bluesteel on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:33 am

they should've atleast put PLAYER 99 for PIP.. and put him in front of Laettner in the pic.. lol :lol:
bluesteel

Postby JaoSming on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:40 am

ryence wrote:uummm what ever, as long hawk,eda and jao is out there..i dnt mind..after all i've got UBR and FIBA MOD..

so, then, what am I good for? lol
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Jayson Silverio on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:12 pm

We dont have to worry about it as long theres a PC version the man who created this thread will work on this one.
Right sir JAO (Y)
Jayson Silverio

Postby The X on Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:37 pm

:lol: What's the point? If you want to have a proper game to see who is better, you need Pip out there for D against some of 2012 forwards. I really think if you can't get the whole team, there is no point having it in at all. But hey, that's just me.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby wabenne on Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:52 pm

I think the complaints are funny: I mean yea i understand people being upset about scottie but we act like the announcement of the 92 v USA out the box being but in the game like "Andrew" said isn't an assest to the game. Is it the biggest thing ever ummmmmmm no. Is it a plus? how can it no be I mean barkely has never been in the game and with the conversation that has been surrounding the two teams we can settle it in the game. Even if not the biggest announcement to act like the fact that its in the game is bad is just crazy in my opinion....
wabenne

Postby d-fish on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:02 pm

Modding would put the Dream Team in the game... This shit is getting old. Tell me there is a FIBA mode or stop pretending there are HUGE announcements. They didn't even bother making the Dream Team players look like their true life counterparts at the time they played on the Dream Team. Lazy... Like last year, I was excited about the Greatest mode and most of the faces look like shit... I hope they spent some time on gameplay this time or 2k13 is going to be one of the "BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENTS IN 2K HISTORY!!!"
RETIRED MODDER I used to MOD, but I quit because people & whatnot...
d-fish

Postby skillzrundeep on Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:25 pm

sits back saying thx to hawk and his entire team for ubr... (Y) cause um really im not spending $ on a half ...game, nop
skillzrundeep

Postby eda on Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:55 pm

JaoSming wrote:
eda wrote:Is this for real? Adding USA 2012 and USA 1992 is the HUGE thing? They did what we already had in nba 2k10, nba 2k11 in FIBA mods. And in FIBA 2k12 we have

Remember, this is primarily a console game, and the Dream Team haven't been in a game since '92 according to the Kotaku article. It is a pretty big deal, even if it doesn't seem it to us PC people.

But how long does it take to add one team to the game? An hour?Two?Except for making the jerseys, as I like to be precise, so it's half a day. One team-one day(without the original game editing tools). Not a YEAR.
What I am trying to say is they could add more teams then.
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Postby JaoSming on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:42 pm

eda wrote:
JaoSming wrote:
eda wrote:Is this for real? Adding USA 2012 and USA 1992 is the HUGE thing? They did what we already had in nba 2k10, nba 2k11 in FIBA mods. And in FIBA 2k12 we have

Remember, this is primarily a console game, and the Dream Team haven't been in a game since '92 according to the Kotaku article. It is a pretty big deal, even if it doesn't seem it to us PC people.

But how long does it take to add one team to the game? An hour?Two?Except for making the jerseys, as I like to be precise, so it's half a day. One team-one day(without the original game editing tools). Not a YEAR.

But why isn't Scottie Pippen in the game? Licensing. They aren't like us and can't add anything they like. Remember the EA lawsuit over using generic legends that represent real legends? It's not about failing to add and customize the database like HAWK23 did or all the art we can do as a community, it's about legally being able to add to the game.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby OldFoolStyle on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:31 am

Not to complain about complaining about complaints, but how is saying "meh, dissapointing, oh well UBR" that much of a complaint?.

As far as huge announcements go, what about right stick dribbling and the death of iso-motion. That is all gameplay, and it is a major game changer. RS dribbling should be the biggest news around here, bigger than Jay Z, Barkley, and the Olympics combined. I know there are other Live exiles like me that have always hated iso-motion. The move to RS dribbling is what will sell me, any thing else is just nice.
OldFoolStyle

Postby justinpot on Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:04 am

if all of you are so disappointed with the game then DON'T BUY IT. PERIOD. who cares what people say,2k tries to make this series as awesome as possible for gamers of the console and pc ever year. only real fans of the series will appreciate what they do. they make changes to the game as they see fit, and they don't give a fuck about what you people say just because one player is gone, yeah it takes the fun out of it because pip should really be in the game but remember they're the ones making this game,NOT YOU. plus, that's why we got this forum to make mods and additions to the game to make it better, who are you to the creators of the game so they will please you with what you personally want? you their boss? do you sign their paychecks? fuck no, its good enough that they listen to the fans once in a while because even if those so called "fans" dont buy this game anymore they'll still be making money because people will still want to play this game. it's already a big deal they got charles to appear in this game so CALM THE FUCK DOWN.
justinpot

Postby wabenne on Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:45 am

justinpot wrote:if all of you are so disappointed with the game then DON'T BUY IT. PERIOD. who cares what people say,2k tries to make this series as awesome as possible for gamers of the console and pc ever year. only real fans of the series will appreciate what they do. they make changes to the game as they see fit, and they don't give a fuck about what you people say just because one player is gone, yeah it takes the fun out of it because pip should really be in the game but remember they're the ones making this game,NOT YOU. plus, that's why we got this forum to make mods and additions to the game to make it better, who are you to the creators of the game so they will please you with what you personally want? you their boss? do you sign their paychecks? fuck no, its good enough that they listen to the fans once in a while because even if those so called "fans" dont buy this game anymore they'll still be making money because people will still want to play this game. it's already a big deal they got charles to appear in this game so CALM THE FUCK DOWN.

Aside from the few F-Bombs lol I'll have to say completely agree. Now I understand that the forums are a place where information and opinions are shared, but some of the stuff is ridiculous I mean I it's like people drinking Hatorade and constantly trying to find something to complain about. Again, Pippen not being on the dream team 92 is a real drag but then to say I'm not buying the game lol like its the worst thing ever because pippen is not in it...Or to say its not a big enough announcement therefore the announcement all in all is trash is ridiculous. How about there just getting started releasing information and already we got some big great news such as "Iso-Motion, Jay-Z, Dribbling to RS to create more and better control and moves alos the option to keep RS as it was, Barkely being in the game for the first time in Huge, in my opinion bigger then pippen not being in the game, then the whole concept of the 92 v 12 dream teams....with more information to come I think its safe to say its off to a good start, with some disappointments (pippen) but not enough to call the game trash or act like the announcements haven't be big and ground breaking
wabenne

Postby eda on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:56 am

JaoSming wrote:
eda wrote:
JaoSming wrote:

But why isn't Scottie Pippen in the game? Licensing. They aren't like us and can't add anything they like. Remember the EA lawsuit over using generic legends that represent real legends? It's not about failing to add and customize the database like HAWK23 did or all the art we can do as a community, it's about legally being able to add to the game.

I get this, Jon. It's just that it was supposed to be HUGE, but it's not.
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Postby _Steve_ on Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:47 am

justinpot wrote:if all of you are so disappointed with the game then DON'T BUY IT. PERIOD. who cares what people say,2k tries to make this series as awesome as possible for gamers of the console and pc ever year. only real fans of the series will appreciate what they do. they make changes to the game as they see fit, and they don't give a fuck about what you people say just because one player is gone, yeah it takes the fun out of it because pip should really be in the game but remember they're the ones making this game,NOT YOU. plus, that's why we got this forum to make mods and additions to the game to make it better, who are you to the creators of the game so they will please you with what you personally want? you their boss? do you sign their paychecks? fuck no, its good enough that they listen to the fans once in a while because even if those so called "fans" dont buy this game anymore they'll still be making money because people will still want to play this game. it's already a big deal they got charles to appear in this game so CALM THE FUCK DOWN.

So, I would be a real fan if I just shut up and buy the game?
Ever heard of what happened to Mass Effect 3 because the majority of players was disappointed with the end?
Bioware did something about it and changed parts of the end. So complaining sometimes can change things.
I'm likely going to buy the game, despite one of my favourite players of all times is missing (IF they can fix that annoying stats bug). This doesn't mean I think it's a awesome real big must have feature one should celebrate a week because it's in the game...
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K13