Sliders for Realistic Stats

Discussion about NBA Live 2004.

Postby SCooBY on Sat May 15, 2004 3:18 pm

Sliders by Mlagoa and jujuba69 from brazilian site(http://liveitlive.com.br/forum/viewtopi ... &start=150)

Level: Superstar
10min

Global Sliders:

Game Speed: 45
Free Throw Difficulty: 90
Boundary Force Field: 60
Injury Freq: 100
Fatigue Effect: 50
Charge/Block Freq: 20
Shooting Foul Freq: 35
Reach-In Foul Freq: 50
In-Air Collision Foul Freq: 95

User:

Steal Ability: 5
Interception Ability: 10
Shot Blocking: 5
Dunk/Layup Blocking: 10
User Freestyle: 15
Dunk vs Layup Freq: 15
Substitution: 0 for no auto subs, 50 for auto subs
On-Ball Assist: 42
Offensive Rebounds: 0
Defensive Rebounds: 0
Fake Out Discipline: 100
Short Range %: 30
Medium Range %: 40
Long Range %: 40
Dunk %: 50
Layup %: 0
Adjusted Shot %: 50
On-Ball Physical Defense: 100
Poor Release %: 50
Double Team: 0

CPU:

Steal Ability: 40
Interception Ability: 50
Shot Blocking: 20
Dunk/Layup Blocking: 20
CPU Freestyle: 100
Dunk vs Layup Freq: 20
Substitution: 50
Offensive Rebounds: 100
Defensive Rebounds: 100
Fake Out Discipline: 100
Short Range %: 30
Medium Range %: 40
Long Range %: 40
Dunk %: 50
Layup %: 45
Adjusted Shot %: 50
Adjusted Shot Freq: 50
On-Ball Physical Defense: 100
Poor Release %: 50
Double Team: 100
Last edited by SCooBY on Mon May 17, 2004 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
SCooBY

Postby Lagoa on Mon May 17, 2004 5:15 am

AE Scooby, vc posta la no nosso www.liveitlive.com.br ????
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM and TWITTER @lagoanba

Please consider making a donation of any value if you like my work! :D

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
Lagoa

Postby SCooBY on Mon May 17, 2004 5:55 am

não....eu só vejo algumas coisas lah....e foi mal pr não ter dado os creditos
SCooBY

Postby mike879 on Tue May 18, 2004 10:59 am

how about realistic sliders for superstar 7 min quarters thanks.
mike879

Postby kevC on Tue May 18, 2004 2:08 pm

anyone have good sliders for all-star 8 min?
I slip away
I slipped on a little white lie
We've got heads on sticks, You've got ventriloquists
Standing in the shadows at the end of my bed
kevC

Postby phenom on Mon May 24, 2004 9:48 pm

After starting 10-0 with modified default sliders, I found this place when looking for some slider settings.

So last night, I fired up NBA Live and used Andrew's sliders, on All-Star level with 12 minute quarters.

I play as the Pistons, and my next game was against the Lakers, who I'd beaten in LA 100-80 a couple games before.

I must say these sliders worked to near perfection, except that I lost 113-102. :D

Shooting percentages were, if I remember correctly, 44% for the Lakers and 41% for the Pistons. Ben Wallace led all rebounders with 13, and Gary Payton led all scorers, lighting me up for 42. There were a couple things that someone may be able to help me with though...

1) Offensive rebounds. Only had 2 all game. I don't expect a lot, but I don't think five or six per game is out of the realm of possibility. How much should I raise that slider? How sensitive is it?

2) Invincibility. This may be a game issue, but after finishing the 3rd quarter on a 17-2 run to take a 7-point lead, the Lakers came out in the 4th and hit absolutely everything. I think they hit their first 11 shots of the quarter, and dropped a 38 on me in the fourth, while I mustered just 20 points. This seems to happen in every game at some point... usually once I've taken a decent lead. Again, that's likely just a game problem, and something not adjustable by sliders.

3) Fouls, or lack thereof. It seems like this is a problem plaguing everyone. There just aren't many fouls.

4) Blocks. The Lakers had about 25 blocks in the game, and the Pistons had about six. I've never seen a team with 25 blocks in a game. Any help on that one?

5) Shooting percentages. This is for location. Seemed like whenever anybody took a shot within 10 feet in the half-court offense it went in, no matter how many defenders were on him. I'd like to lower that percentage. On the flipside, I could barely hit a midrange (15-18 feet) jumper to save my life, and I'd like to increase that percentage slightly. Help a newbie accomplish this?

That's about it. I was satisfied with just about all the stats, except I may cut back to 11 minute quarters, or possibly even 10 minutes. The score was too high for the stats, as I think with the stats (percentages) I had, it should've been more like 100-90 or even lower. Also, each team took around 100 shots, and I'm pretty sure that doesn't happen in the NBA.

All in all, kudos to Andrew for a good slider set that DOES act as an excellent starting point for modifications.

Now, hopefully, somebody can provide me with some insight on how to try and correct the above issues I had.
phenom

Postby Andrew on Tue May 25, 2004 11:57 am

I'm glad to hear the sliders were useful. I'll try to answer your questions as best I can:

1. Lower the defensive rebounds sliders. It is difficult as the game does allow for more defensive rebounds than offensive rebounds, but this is better than Live 2001 and 2002 when offensive rebounds outnumbered defensive rebounds at least 2 to 1.

2. Not much you can do about this, unfortunately. The game gets very tough in the second half, spurred on by the "comeback code". This part of the AI ensures that the CPU remains competitive down the stretch, but it's a little too aggressive at times, to the point of being unrealistic.

3. Turning up the sliders for shooting fouls (particularly mid-air collision fouls) usually works. Don't turn up reach-in fouls too much, or your players will be in foul trouble much too often.

4. Turn the block sliders down a little. They might be a little high in my latest sliders. I've had good results, but some tweaks wouldn't hurt.

5. Turn down the close range FG slider. With a reasonable dunk and layup FG% sliders, you can afford to have much lower slider settings for close range jumpshots.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby weed manus on Tue May 25, 2004 8:01 pm

Terry wrote:About CPU's shot clock beater. Here's my experience. The key is to force the ball handler to put the ball on the floor and don't let he gets his feet set. If he stands still, he will almost make it every time unless you block it. Try to bounce him away and jump a little bit later than usual because CPU seems like to fake away to beat the shot clock. Or when you see the clock is about 5-6 seconds, call a double team and switch to half court trap, then control another man to pick up the guy who will make a catch and shoot.

"DOUBLE-TEAM" the ball handler when the shot clock is winding down!!
This is the most effective way of stopping the "beat the clock shot"...
Although 5-6 secs is a little early because the ball handler can easily pass the ball to the open man for the killer shot...try it when the clock is down to 3-4 secs... :wink:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
weed manus

Postby Alcoholic on Wed May 26, 2004 9:52 am

Someone said it's way to easy when they pro hop. If it's really that easy, my advice would be not to use the pro hop then. It's not like you see Tony Parker or whoever always pro hopping into the paint. They just drive and go all the way to the rim.

And I'm not sure if freestyle effectiveness affects how many times the defender gets 'shook'. I do know however that the higher this slider is, the faster the moves are done. For example, do some stand still dribbling moves with it at 100, then do it at 10, and you'll notice they do it much slower.
Alcoholic

Postby weed manus on Wed May 26, 2004 5:44 pm

Alcoholic wrote:Someone said it's way to easy when they pro hop. If it's really that easy, my advice would be not to use the pro hop then. It's not like you see Tony Parker or whoever always pro hopping into the paint. They just drive and go all the way to the rim.

And I'm not sure if freestyle effectiveness affects how many times the defender gets 'shook'. I do know however that the higher this slider is, the faster the moves are done. For example, do some stand still dribbling moves with it at 100, then do it at 10, and you'll notice they do it much slower.

:lol: Yeah...do the same as mentioned above but do a spin move with someone like...lets say...Kevin Willis!!
He'll either get picked off or just lose the ball alltogether...Makes sense though...IMO...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
weed manus

Postby magius on Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:43 am

hey andrew, you convinced me to try out 2004! im just wondering, are your most recent sliders optimized for 12 and superstar? because in the first thread with your original ones those were supposedly optimized for 12 and all star.............. thanks.
magius

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:30 pm

Yep, they're for 12 minute quarters, Superstar difficulty.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby magius on Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:18 pm

okay, first impression: live 2004 is all about post play or pick and roll. it seems a little too easy to score in the post if you arent doubled if you ask me. other than that though i like it because it makes you try hard on defense instead of half-heartedly (previous lives you sometimes refrain from jumping), offense isnt too tough as long as like i said you pick and roll or feed the post to draw doubles, and from what ive seen so far less oppurtunity to 'cheat' (pump fakes, invisible force field screens, etc.).

anyway, andrew do your score usually border 100? i saw the team stats for the cpu and were basically the same in all categorys 3 games into dynasty, except the scoring seems a bit higher than normal (a coupple of team averaging 100). maybe i just have to play better defense :D (but i played hard defense agains the knicks and they dropped 120 on me!!!! )...... how many shots do you usually attempt during your games? im 0-3! this sucks! i cant hold a lead! these guys fastbreak like theres 5 jason kidds on the floor. mental note: must remember to turn off crash boards :D

also it almost feels like if i dont show restraint i could easily scored 50 with any post player i want. but maybe thats because im playing spurs dyansty :D i'll try out oliver miller later
magius

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:37 pm

I have a lot of scores in the 80s, a few in the 70s and 90s, and yes, some around (or over) 100. You might want to bump the speed down a little, to around 45 or maybe even 40.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Donyell on Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:28 pm

Damn, I just played a game with 12 min quarters and it sucked big time.
I was playing with the heat against Dallas and the score was something like 207 - 165 :shock: :shock: :shock: (on superstar)
I first tried to lower the tempo, use the shotclock.
But Dallas realy kept going and I had to follow, otherwise I was gonna get crushed by very big numbers. I had A. Walker score like 43, Nowitzki scored like 36 and nash and finley both were good for 20+ points.
I lowered the sliders, but they kept playing so fast, it was realy gay.
I guess I've got to start experimenting more witch the sliders, because this sucks big time.
Donyell

Postby Yessie on Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:57 am

ok i just played my last 2 games 1st SA and NO and i held both teams below 75pts with the lakers. i dont complain about that i know i have great Defense it also works in leagues im in playin man to man defense the question i have. is it me or when playin vs the cpu the whole game lacks fouls, im very happy the way the game is being played i use andrews sliders but i just tried to put the fouls slider a little bit higher most in the 65 and 60 range hope i can draw fouls on the other teams guards. inside is no problem seens last game vs SA i had duncan at 5 fouls but everyone else on the team had 0 anyone else noticed this. any suggestions welcome.
Bizzy Bone-

"Gotta give it on up to the glock glock
Pop pop, better drop when them buckshot blow
The bone in me never no ho, so no creepin up outta the ziplock So sin, sip gin, and lil' mo heart run up, nut up And flipped in."
Yessie

Postby DLirag on Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:30 pm

I have Charge and Shooting Foul Freq at 40 with Reach-In and In-Air Collision at 100. This lessens the CPU's FTA disadvantage somewhat.
DLirag

Postby Yessie on Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:38 pm

ok maybe it didnt come out right. im complaining cause most of the fouls are called on the cpu. i want to know if the refs favor the all mighty lakers :lol: over every team in the game. i swear i nearly have to knock the guys block off to get a foul called on me. :shock:
Bizzy Bone-

The bone in me never no ho, so no creepin up outta the ziplock So sin, sip gin, and lil' mo heart run up, nut up And flipped in."
Yessie

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:31 pm

The human player generally tends to get to shoot more free throws. There's no sure-fire way to even up the free throw attempts and fouls, as far as I know.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Donyell on Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:30 pm

Damn, now I took Andrews sliders and played 12 min all star and still scored 160 points against 124 from the rockets.
I even lowered like every slider to make the game more challenging but noting works :cry:
This is sooooo boring, and then to think I even played bad intentionally the second half.
Ideas? I can't really lower the sliders much more.
Donyell

Postby Yessie on Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:31 pm

Omg dude your still playing on allstar.. grow up dude and play on superstar iits a little more challenging.
Bizzy Bone-

Yessie

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:55 pm

I came up with those slider settings playing Superstar difficulty. All-Star will be too easy using those slider settings.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby magius on Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:46 pm

hey andrew are you still playing all star in your bull dynasty or have you switched to supersttar already? also, do you use pro hop? just wondering, thanks. also a bit off topic, but have you finished the season yet? :wink:
magius

Postby Donyell on Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:39 am

Normally I play superstar, but I read that the first sliders were for All Star so I though the last one were for all star too.
I tried them with superstar (still lowered) and still got quite a high score (reached 50 with a half quarter to go in the first half), but I was just up by 10 so that's more like it.
If I get the scoring down more that will be great.
Donyell

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:26 pm

magius wrote:hey andrew are you still playing all star in your bull dynasty or have you switched to supersttar already? also, do you use pro hop? just wondering, thanks. also a bit off topic, but have you finished the season yet? :wink:

I switched to Superstar about four or five games in ie. as soon as I got used to the new gameplay. I finished the 03/04 season 64-18, and swept my way through the playoffs. I've adjusted my sliders so that my style of play still results in realistic scores, but the game is a little more challenging as I've become used to Superstar difficulty.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 2004