[Guide] Leftos' Guide to a Great 2012-13 Roster (upd Jul 28)

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K12 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

[Guide] Leftos' Guide to a Great 2012-13 Roster (upd Jul 28)

Postby Leftos on Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:57 pm

Leftos' Guide to a Great 2012-13 Roster

BIG DISCLAIMER BEFORE WE START! DO NOT PM ME FOR THIS ROSTER. DO NOT RELEASE IT OR SEND IT VIA PM WITHOUT PERMISSION FROM ALL THE ROSTER MAKERS WHOSE ROSTERS YOU'RE COMBINING.

We've had 3 great rosters in the last few days. First of all, HAWK23 brought us v24 of his UBR roster, which has countless historic teams, but also all the latest updates for the current teams, which is what I love. Then Albys came along with his latest 2011-2012 roster (v6), with edits in ratings and tendencies, but says he's some time away from giving us the new rookies in the roster, although he has made a Draft Class with them so it won't take him long. And of course, Nick with his great 2012 draft class.

So, question is, how to get a great current roster out of these? The answer is one of my latest tools, Roster Merge.

You can read more about it, as well as go through written and video tutorials in its thread. Done? Great, let's get down to business.

Tutorial updated July 28 for Roster Merge v0.4.0.2
1. Download the latest version of Roster Merge, Albys v6, UBR v24, Nick's 2012 Draft Class. (This could work for later versions of each roster as well.)
2. Make sure you have the proper REditor license. You need at least the Player license to transfer rosters (we'll need this for UBR -> Albys) and the Guru license if you also want to transfer headshapes (we'll need this for Nick -> our merged roster). If you only have the Player roster, you'll have to live with HAWK23's rookies, which are good enough anyway.
3. Open all 3 rosters in REditor, exporting each one to a separate folder (File > Export to CSV > Whole File). You don't need to open them all at the same time, obviously; just open them one-by-one and export to CSV, each in its own folder.
4. Start Roster Merge, pick UBR's exported folder as From, Albys' exported roster as To.
5. Check the Bio, Appearance, Status and Contract categories.
6. Select Current in Teams.
7. Click on Do it.
8. On the first conflict resolution window, select all 3 checkboxes on the bottom right and click on Replace.
9. You should get a message saying Done.
========= Steps 10 to 14 can be done only by people who have the license to open Draft Class files. If you don't have that license, skip to Step 15.
10. Now pick Nick's exported folder as From.
11. Check all categories except Name, Appearance, Status and Contract.
12. Select None in Teams.
13. Click on Do it.
14. You should get a message saying Done.
=========
15. Click on Repair, click Fix FAs. Then once it's done, Repair again, this time Erase Rookie Stats. Then once that's done, Repair again, and Fix ASA IDs. When that's done... step 16. :P
16. Go to REditor, open Albys v6 roster, save it with a different name (e.g. "LeftosRulez.ROS").
17. In the new roster, import everything from the folder you exported Albys to (and which Roster Merge has edited) by going to File > Import > Whole File. Remember to select the folder you exported the Albys roster to, which isn't necessarily the one REditor has there by default.
18. Save the Roster.
19. ENJOY!

You should now have all rookies and transfers from UBR, with Albys ratings and tendencies and all other great things in his roster, as well as accurate 2012 rookies by Nick, in one roster. Does it get any better?

I'm making a new thread, not to release the roster (as I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get permission from all 3 of them for this) but to provide a guide, and for those that follow the tutorial and make that roster themselves to have a place to discuss what changes need to be made, what needs to be fixed, etc.

Do not PM me asking for the roster. I won't send it to anyone unless the roster makers give me permission.

Big ups and credits to HAWK23, Albys, Nick and Vlad Zola Jr. This wouldn't be possible without you guys.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Guide] Leftos' Guide to a Great Current Roster

Postby IronMike on Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:00 pm

Leftos, the player license for REDitor is the free version right?
#FREEMEEKMILL
IronMike
0-100 Real Quick

Postby Leftos on Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:00 pm

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby IronMike on Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:03 pm

Darn it. I was gonna try it. I guess ill stick with Ubr for now. :D
#FREEMEEKMILL
IronMike
0-100 Real Quick

Re: [Guide] Leftos' Guide to a Great 2012-13 Roster

Postby S3L1M on Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:53 pm

Well, I had no idea I could do this with REDitor. Thank you!
S3L1M

Postby jp10_pogi on Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:00 am

for those without license, we can still enjoy the game by merging the albys to ubr. correct me if im wrong.
Don't Criticize, HYPERize!
jp10_pogi

Postby Leftos on Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:22 am

jp10_pogi, that's right. Free license only allows you to edit the Players tab, so if you want to merge Albys' ratings and tendencies and signatures and all that into UBR, you can, since those don't need any other tab.

To do that, select Albys as From and UBR as To, and select all the categories you like except Name, Bio, Appearance, Status, Stats and Contracts. Also, select None in Teams.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby 123rockstar on Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:51 am

how about the shoes leftos? i am really curious about this :D Do we need the paid version of the reditor as well in merging "my edited shoe roster" with UBR?
123rockstar
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Leftos on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:08 am

Shoes are in the Players tab, so you can move shoes between rosters even with the free version.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby 123rockstar on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:30 am

WOW! Thank you Leftos. I had the impression that Roster Merge was only for Registered version of the Reditor!

Now this is really cool. Installing Roster Merge and Reditor... I cant wait!!~ hahah :D (Y)
123rockstar
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Uncle Drew on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:12 am

My antivirus program won't allow me to d/ld roster merge. It says it's scanning the file for malware, then it doesn't find any, I click execute and it says it encountered a critical error and will be terminated. This happened on 4 different tries. I'm using google chrome as my browser.
Uncle Drew

Postby 123rockstar on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:47 am

Do I have to download the latest reditor to open 3 Rosters in one time Leftos? I have Reditor II but it wont open more than 1 Roster. Downloading the Reditor 3.7.1 is estimated to finish in 4 days :( Is there a faster link for this guyz?
123rockstar
Contributor
Contributor

Postby thefuzz7219 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:48 am

I'm having a problem when exporting to CSV. I exported all three rosters as a CSV to the desktop, but when I go to roster merge to select the roster folders that you describe in the tutorial I can't find any.
thefuzz7219

Postby Uncle Drew on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:00 am

123rockstar wrote:Do I have to download the latest reditor to open 3 Rosters in one time Leftos? I have Reditor II but it wont open more than 1 Roster. Downloading the Reditor 3.7.1 is estimated to finish in 4 days :( Is there a faster link for this guyz?

Almost sounds like you're still using dialup. It only took me less than a min to d/ld on a cable modem.
Uncle Drew

Postby 123rockstar on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:26 am

Pistol wrote:
123rockstar wrote:Do I have to download the latest reditor to open 3 Rosters in one time Leftos? I have Reditor II but it wont open more than 1 Roster. Downloading the Reditor 3.7.1 is estimated to finish in 4 days :( Is there a faster link for this guyz?

Almost sounds like you're still using dialup. It only took me less than a min to d/ld on a cable modem.

Its okay now :D There's actually a typhoon around so I kinda have this fluctuations with the internet connection. I did re-downloaded it in less than a minute as well. :wink:
Last edited by 123rockstar on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
123rockstar
Contributor
Contributor

Postby 123rockstar on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:34 am

thefuzz7219 wrote:I'm having a problem when exporting to CSV. I exported all three rosters as a CSV to the desktop, but when I go to roster merge to select the roster folders that you describe in the tutorial I can't find any.

3. Open all 3 rosters in REditor, exporting each one to a separate folder (File > Export to CSV > Whole File).

If I am not wrong... you have exported the CSV of UBR roster and CSV of Alby's roster in the SAME folder. (Default locations is: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\2K Sports) I look back and it says different folder.

What I did... I made 2 folders inside C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\2K Sports. naming them "UBR" folder and "Albys" folder. That way, I can easily export UBR's and Alby's CSV to 2 different folders.
123rockstar
Contributor
Contributor

Postby RobertoKostov93 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:35 am

Draft classes can be opened with Reditor just with proper license, right?
RobertoKostov93

Postby 123rockstar on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:45 am

RobertoKostov93 wrote:Draft classes can be opened with Reditor just with proper license, right?

Thats right. However, if someone has added Nick's Draft Class in his Roster, we can use that roster instead.
123rockstar
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Leftos on Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:43 am

Pistol, please post the error log the tool created so I know what's going wrong. The error message says where the error log is saved. Paste it either in a reply here in [code] tags, or in pastebin.com and give me a link.

123rockstar, thanks for answering some questions. Yes, REditor free won't allow you to open more than one roster at a time, but you don't need to open them altogether. Just open them one at a time, and export to CSV. But I guess you figured that out. And yes, REditor free works with roster merge, but will only transfer player information from one roster to another. Roster changes like transfers or new players won't be there unless you have the proper license to import them into REditor. Roster Merge can do the changes either way, but if you don't have the proper REditor license, you won't be able to import them.

RobertoKostov93, yes. In the version comparison page in the REditor website you'll see that the Guru license will let you open Draft Class files as well. You can skip importing Nick's rookies and use HAWK's ones if you can't cash out for the proper license.

thefuzz7219, you're doing something wrong. 123rockstar pretty much covered the basics of what you might be doing wrong. You need to extract each roster to a separate folder, and also make sure you click on Whole File both when exporting and importing.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Uncle Drew on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:32 am

Code: Select all
System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: Add value to collection of type 'System.Windows.Controls.UIElementCollection' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaSystem.ConnectTransport()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaSystem.Startup(MediaContext mc)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext..ctor(Dispatcher dispatcher)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.From(Dispatcher dispatcher)
   at System.Windows.Media.Visual.VerifyAPIReadWrite()
   at System.Windows.Media.VisualCollection.Add(Visual visual)
   at System.Windows.Controls.UIElementCollection.AddInternal(UIElement element)
   at System.Windows.Controls.UIElementCollection.Add(UIElement element)
   at System.Windows.Controls.UIElementCollection.System.Collections.IList.Add(Object value)
   at System.Xaml.Schema.XamlTypeInvoker.AddToCollection(Object instance, Object item)
   at MS.Internal.Xaml.Runtime.ClrObjectRuntime.Add(Object collection, XamlType collectionType, Object value, XamlType valueXamlType)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.RewrapException(Exception e, IXamlLineInfo lineInfo, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)
   at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

Lefto's, here's the text file.
Uncle Drew

Postby Leftos on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:41 am

Wow. First time I see an error like this. Something seems seriously wrong with the installation. Try reinstalling .NET 4 Framework Full, and when you extract the tool, make sure all 5 files are in the folder and that your antivirus didn't quarantine anything by mistake.

I have no idea what could be wrong, honestly.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Uncle Drew on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:59 am

Leftos wrote:Wow. First time I see an error like this. Something seems seriously wrong with the installation. Try reinstalling .NET 4 Framework Full, and when you extract the tool, make sure all 5 files are in the folder and that your antivirus didn't quarantine anything by mistake.

I have no idea what could be wrong, honestly.

Do I get this Net 4 framework off the microsoft website? And it won't screw up anything if I install it??
Uncle Drew

Postby Leftos on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:01 am

Won't screw anything. It's like DirectX, just for applications. It's required libraries for applications like the tools I've made.

You can download it safely from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=17851

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Uncle Drew on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:05 am

I just d/ld it and tried to install roster merge again and received the same message. I guess I won't be able to use it, unless re-installing UBRV24 will correct it.
Uncle Drew

Postby Leftos on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:44 am

I really don't know what's going wrong. Nobody else is reporting this error. Are you sure you reinstalled .NET Framework 4? Try uninstalling it completely and installing it again. I'm not talking about Roster Merge. I'm talking about .NET Framework 4. Go to Add/Remove Programs, uninstall .NET Framework 4, and then download it from the link I gave you and install it again.

And I don't think UBR is the problem here. You're getting the error as soon as the tool tries to open, from what you said, so UBR wouldn't be the problem.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Next

Return to NBA 2K12 Modding