[Tool] NBA Stats Tracker

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K12 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.10.7.6

Postby koberulz on Tue May 22, 2012 2:56 am

Leftos wrote:You mean the upper-right list box in the Player Overview screen?

That, and the drop-down when adding/editing a box score.

I just changed this to fill the lists with the players ordered by last name. Should I also have their last name show up first? (Like "Prince, Tayshaun (SF)" rather than "Tayshaun Prince (SF)") The way the names show up determines whether you're searching first by first name or last name when typing with the keyboard. So if the list has focus, would you rather type "Tay" for Tayshaun, or "Pri" for Prince to quickly get to the player you're looking for?

If you're ordering by last name, the last name showing up first is probably best.
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.10.7.6

Postby Leftos on Tue May 22, 2012 3:18 am

v0.10.7.7 released!

- Addition: Check For Updates on start can now be disabled (Options Menu)
- Addition: You can manually check for updates after the tool starts (About window)
- Improvement: Players in the list-boxes in the Player Overview & Box Score windows are now sorted by last name for easier discovery
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.10.7.7

Postby LGFuad on Wed May 23, 2012 12:10 am

I get the following error when I try to get real NBA stats.

Code: Select all
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
   at System.Collections.Generic.SortedDictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at NBA_Stats_Tracker.Data.SQLiteIO.SaveTeamsToDatabase(String file, TeamStats[] tstToSave, TeamStats[] tstoppToSave, Int32 season, Int32 maxSeason) in C:\Users\Leftos\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\Data\NST.Data.SQLiteIO.cs:line 245
   at NBA_Stats_Tracker.Data.SQLiteIO.saveSeasonToDatabase(String file, TeamStats[] tstToSave, TeamStats[] tstoppToSave, Dictionary`2 pstToSave, Int32 season, Int32 maxSeason, Boolean doNotSaveBoxScores) in C:\Users\Leftos\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\Data\NST.Data.SQLiteIO.cs:line 61
   at NBA_Stats_Tracker.Windows.MainWindow.<>c__DisplayClassd.<mnuFileGetRealStats_Click>b__c(Object , RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs ) in C:\Users\Leftos\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\Windows\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 1112
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

None

LGFuad

Postby Leftos on Wed May 23, 2012 1:22 am

Yeah, I found and fixed that problem. Basketball-Reference.com changed their layout the tiniest bit, but that broke the downloading procedure. Unfortunately, I'll have to keep up with changes made to Basketball-Reference.com until they provide all the info we need in ready-to-download CSV files.

It'll be in the next release, tonight. I'll wait and see if another bug pops up and needs fixing until then, and I'll release.

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Wed May 23, 2012 4:23 am

v0.10.7.8 released!

- Improvement: Parallelized some code to improve performance
- Fix: Fixed various bugs in League Overview regarding inactive players and some tabs not updating correctly
- Fix: Adjusted Download NBA Stats to changes in Basketball-Reference.com's format

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.10.7.8

Postby AreaOfEffect on Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:19 am

any update on thi sone?
AreaOfEffect

Postby Leftos on Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:54 am

Not until my exams end, mid-July. Starting then and until September (hopefully) you should see the final touches to the first stable version, including Scouting Reports for nearly all the tool's screens.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby suirad on Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:24 am

ok as promised here is my error. i cant create a database it gives me an error message. all i want to do is be able to play association and update my stats.

System.Exception: Unable to load DLL 'SQLite.Interop.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

Query: select Name from Teams;
   at SQLite_Database.SQLiteDatabase.GetDataTable(String sql) in C:\Users\Leftos\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\SQLiteDatabase\SQLiteDatabase.cs:line 91
   at NBA_Stats_Tracker.Data.SQLiteIO.LoadSeason(String file, TeamStats[]& _tst, TeamStats[]& _tstopp, Dictionary`2& pst, SortedDictionary`2& _TeamOrder, PlayoffTree& _pt, IList`1& _bshist, Boolean updateCombo, Int32 _curSeason, Boolean doNotLoadBoxScores) in C:\Users\Leftos\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\Data\NST.Data.SQLiteIO.cs:line 879
   at NBA_Stats_Tracker.Data.SQLiteIO.LoadSeason() in C:\Users\Leftos\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\Data\NST.Data.SQLiteIO.cs:line 851
   at NBA_Stats_Tracker.Windows.MainWindow.cmbSeasonNum_SelectionChanged(Object sender, SelectionChangedEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Leftos\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\Windows\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 1810
   at System.Windows.Controls.SelectionChangedEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.ComboBox.OnSelectionChanged(SelectionChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.InvokeSelectionChanged(List`1 unselectedItems, List`1 selectedItems)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.SelectionChanger.End()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.SelectionChanger.SelectJustThisItem(Object item, Boolean assumeInItemsCollection)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.OnSelectedItemChanged(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.NotifyPropertyChange(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveValue(EntryIndex entryIndex, DependencyProperty dp, PropertyMetadata metadata, EffectiveValueEntry oldEntry, EffectiveValueEntry& newEntry, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValueCommon(DependencyProperty dp, Object value, PropertyMetadata metadata, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType, Boolean isInternal)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValue(DependencyProperty dp, Object value)
   at NBA_Stats_Tracker.Windows.MainWindow.PopulateSeasonCombo() in C:\Users\Leftos\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\Windows\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 1245
   at NBA_Stats_Tracker.Windows.MainWindow.txtFile_TextChanged(Object sender, TextChangedEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Leftos\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\Windows\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 1234
   at System.Windows.Controls.TextChangedEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.TextBoxBase.OnTextChanged(TextChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.TextBoxBase.OnTextContainerChanged(Object sender, TextContainerChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.TextBox.OnTextContainerChanged(Object sender, TextContainerChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Documents.TextContainerChangedEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, TextContainerChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Documents.TextContainer.EndChange(Boolean skipEvents)
   at System.Windows.Documents.TextContainer.System.Windows.Documents.ITextContainer.EndChange(Boolean skipEvents)
   at System.Windows.Documents.TextRangeBase.EndChange(ITextRange thisRange, Boolean disableScroll, Boolean skipEvents)
   at System.Windows.Documents.TextRange.System.Windows.Documents.ITextRange.EndChange(Boolean disableScroll, Boolean skipEvents)
   at System.Windows.Documents.TextRange.ChangeBlock.System.IDisposable.Dispose()
   at System.Windows.Controls.TextBox.OnTextPropertyChanged(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.TextBox.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.NotifyPropertyChange(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveValue(EntryIndex entryIndex, DependencyProperty dp, PropertyMetadata metadata, EffectiveValueEntry oldEntry, EffectiveValueEntry& newEntry, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValueCommon(DependencyProperty dp, Object value, PropertyMetadata metadata, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType, Boolean isInternal)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValue(DependencyProperty dp, Object value)
   at NBA_Stats_Tracker.Windows.MainWindow.mnuFileNew_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Leftos\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\Windows\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 1547
   at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(Object arg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
None

EDIT by Leftos: Use [code] tags next time you post an error.
suirad

Postby Leftos on Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:31 am

There seems to be something wrong with your installation. The file "SQLite.Interop.dll" should be in your installation folder. Download and install again, and check your installation folder for the file. It's "%PROGRAMFILES%\NBA Stats Tracker" by default.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby suirad on Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:50 am

Leftos wrote:There seems to be something wrong with your installation. The file "SQLite.Interop.dll" should be in your installation folder. Download and install again, and check your installation folder for the file. It's "%PROGRAMFILES%\NBA Stats Tracker" by default.

ok will do
suirad

Postby suirad on Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:56 am

still gives me the same problem
suirad

Postby Leftos on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:02 am

Well, apparently there's something going wrong with your installation, don't know why. Nobody else seems to have this problem. Try installing to a different folder, and check the folder you've installed into if all the files are there.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby suirad on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:19 am

Still no luck. Im baffled!!!!!
suirad

Postby suirad on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:13 am

For what its worth version 2.0 works for me. For some reason the versions that have the create your own database feature give me those errors
suirad

Postby john26 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:49 am

Hi, entering the box score and other stats is done manually right? If so, I was thinking of maybe using OCR to automate the process.
john26

Postby Leftos on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:02 am

OCR? You won't have any luck with it. Just enter the Team Stats if you don't have the time to enter the Player Stats, and be done with it.

Unless Vlad or someone else finds some way to grab the box scores from the save or the EXE's memory, we're stuck with entering them manually. Since Box Scores ARE saved in the save, I guess it's just up to whether Vlad feels up to decoding them, if he finds the time.

What NST will soon be able to do with the help of REditor, hopefully, is grab all team & player stats correctly from any save, any season, and be able to edit it accordingly. This will finally make NST compatible with any NBA 2K12 save that REditor supports.

Box Scores, however, is another story. And as far as I'm concerned, it's not in Vlad's plans to decode them. Not yet, at least. So you'll have to enter them manually.

As I said, you don't have to enter Player Stats. Team Stats should suffice. What you're missing out on by not entering Player Stats, is getting Split Stats and otherwise timeframed ones via NST. You'll have to do with whatever stats 2K12 offers.

I only type in the Team Stats out of each Box Score for my Association. I either note them down in a notebook and type them back into NST, or switch NBA 2K12 to Windowed right before the game ends, so that I can have it open along with NST, and then switch it back to full screen. Shouldn't take more than 2 minutes.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby john26 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:05 am

ok, this is what i got though using just 3 very short lines of code

ready to feed to a csv or text file
john26

Postby Leftos on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:15 am

Well, importing a box score from CSV/TSV could help for real leagues as well, if the associaton or a fansite provides the box scores in tables (just like the real NBA.com does), so let me just add that to my ToDo list for when I start work on NST again, mid-July onwards.

Thanks for the suggestion.

By the way, mind helping the others who'd be interested in that OCR "trick", by giving us a short tutorial or something? Are you using a particular tool's API? Should be helpful.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby john26 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:24 am

I'll try working on this though see how far I can go, maybe if I am able to go as far as perfecting the algorithm for a box score image so that all characters are correct and save it to a text file, it can be fed through your program with one click. This is because when I take one part of the image such as:

I get

EDIT: Regarding the OCR thing, I am using python. All the outputs are displayed on the shell.I just run the following (it's now 5 lines as I cleaned it a bit)

from pytesser import *
image = Image.open('1.tif')
a = image_to_string(image)
b = a.strip()
print b

gotta have the pytesser package for python tho, plus save everything in the same directory (based on the code). The name of the image is 1.tif. Probably could use other formats but this is one used by my game screenshot software.

Some google searching could yield to adding another 3 lines of code which will save the text in a txt file.
john26

Postby Leftos on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:25 am

Can't the OCR program be taught to translate certain shapes and images to certain characters? So if you tell it once that 2.AN. is a W., won't it know from then on? Or is the method you're using not that interactive?

Being a programmer myself, I'm really interested in how exactly you're doing this. If there's something I can do to help, let me know.

Otherwise, I'll be waiting to hear more on whether you can perfect the OCR. Even if you don't manage to perfect it, correcting a few faults in the OCR result by hand and then pasting into NST would still take much less time than actually entering everything on your own. So even if you only achieve a near-perfect result, I guess we could live with it. :P

EDIT: Just saw your edit; I had no idea Python made OCR THAT easy and straight-forward. I've learned and used Python as part of my Computer Engineering courses, but never tried OCR with it. Is there a way we could feed Pytesser some corrections and have it learn from them, kind of like OCR suites do? You've got me curious, I'll have to look into it tomorrow and help you with this, unless you manage to perfect it by then.

Sorry I can't stay for now, it's 4.30am here, and I'm sitting an exam tomorrow. Good luck, and I'll try and help after the exam tomorrow.

EDIT 2: A quick Google search led me to a StackOverflow question which recommends Tesseract as an even better (and still free) OCR solution. See if you can get better results with it, or I'll test it tomorrow.

Here's the relevant question: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5925 ... inaccurate

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby john26 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:38 am

Leftos wrote:Is there a way we could feed Pytesser some corrections and have it learn from them, kind of like OCR suites do?

You don't need the corrections. What my last post was trying to say was, that if we dissect the image properly so that we get the ff image:

we get a correct reading. However, if we take a whole image, like:

we don't get a correct reading. (some characters get messed up) So maybe i can take an image, create an algorithm so its cropped properly for 12 players, then it will be cleaned and fed to a text file. Then can be integrated to your program. See ff image to get an idea

EDIT: I'll take a look at the other OCR package too.
john26

Postby Leftos on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:42 am

Wow, well, yeah, that sounds great. The only issue I find about that is that whatever image we feed your dissection tool will need to be a certain size or cropped already, because if my screenshot is 1920x1080, and yours is 1024x768, how will your tool now how far from the left edge and how far from the top edge to start cropping? Try a few resolutions, see if you can get a steady distance from the bottom edge for the Y axis and from either the left or right edge (or both) for the X axis.

I'd try Tesseract with the full box-score image before going through with creating the dissection tool, maybe you'll get even better results and won't have to go through all the trouble.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby john26 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:47 am

Yeah I might send you something tomorrow or next day
john26

Postby Leftos on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:49 am

john26 wrote:Yeah I might send you something tomorrow or next day

Great! It's always nice to have someone that's that willing to help, especially with a big project like this. See what you get, I might do a few tests myself if I find the time.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby icikle21 on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:04 am

Leftos,

Great job with the tool. It fixes that annoying Team Stats bug.

However, after importing into my save I have this other problem now. Team stats and Players stats are perfect. What happens, though, is that at the League Leaders screen for Metric Stats, my players are shown as DNQs; so are the players for the team I played in my previous game - in other words, the box score that I imported, those two teams. However, when I look at Player Metric stats for each team, those are fine. So, not sure why the League Leaders tab would be showing them as DNQs then. Any idea?

Thanks

icikle21
icikle21

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K12 Modding