NBA Live 13 Wishlist Supplements

Talk about NBA Live 14 here. Archived discussion on NBA Live 13 and NBA Elite 11 can also be found in this section.

Re: EA Sports NBA Wishlist Supplements

Postby Nick on Wed May 30, 2012 11:41 am

I just read through the dynasty mode wishes and was pretty underwhelmed to say the least. What a boring list!! They're all really obvious features.
Even if NBA Live grants all those wishes it will still be your standard run-of-the-mill dynasty mode that we've played for years already.

What makes dynasty mode fun, to me, is the MAKING HISTORY factor. I've been playing dynasty/assiciation modes for almost 10 years now. What i would love to see the most is an EXTENSIVE history section. Whether it be league history, franchise history, or player history... get on it! I.e. a player getting retired, extensive profile stats + achievements, team overall W%'s, etc. 2k made a decent attempt at this but it is a pretty small feature in their game.

The BIGGER PICTURE things is what is key for dynasty mode.

Cos what's the point in simming season after season with your team if it means nothing? MAKE IT MEAN SOMETHING.

I want to be able to open a page that orders all the teams by the amount of championships they've won. I want to be able to open a page that orders players by the amount of rings they have, or career PTS, and other stats too. I want to a player to get into the fall of fame and open up his H.O.F profile and check out his career stats and achievements... i want to see a ranking of players ALL-TIME based on their stats and achievements. Stuff like that.

Another thing with dynasty mode i'd like to see: Have CPU teams change their sim strategy depending on THE PERSONNEL (players, staff, etc).

Dear NBA LIVE production team, for a reference on a great season mode - PLAY FOOTBALL MANAGER 2012. That thing is a masterpiece. It's gameplay is rubbish though. If NBA LIVE (or 2k for that matter, if they're reading) can make their dynasty mode even half as good as football manager then i'll be one happy bastard.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Re: EA Sports NBA Wishlist Supplements

Postby Andrew on Wed May 30, 2012 9:34 pm

The list may seem dry, but it's stuff that needs to be done nevertheless. Dynasty Mode's been an afterthought for a few games now and is way behind Association Mode in its core features and tech. That's not to say it doesn't need stuff like you mentioned as well, by all means it does. But to use a basketball simile, you've got to be able to make a good chest pass before you can start throwing no-look alley-oops. Right now, Dynasty Mode is lobbing into the front row.

That said, hopefully Dynasty Mode goes above and beyond what we've been asking for a few years now, fixing the stuff that really needs attention and getting innovative as well. That's definitely stuff we can and should include in the next Wishlist, since you're around again you'll hopefully help us out with some fresh ideas when the time comes in a few months. Mentioning the basics and stuff that's currently below expectations is still an important part of providing the development team with constructive feedback though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NBA Live 13 Wishlist Supplements

Postby rickiu on Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:13 am

Player should be allowed to throw at least bounce pass and normal past at their own will! (Y) 2k still fail to make this ...
rickiu

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:17 am

It doesn't look like Live will have it this year either, though the pass selection AI is reportedly improved.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ESB CrowBonez on Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:34 am

I wish NBA LIVE 13 should have added these key additions to the Dynasty Mode;

1. New name should be Franchise Mode,
2. NBA ACADEMY, I deeply love this feature,
3. Trade Rumours & Trade Block,
4. 29 games,
5. A deep Contract negotiations with restricted players and 10 day contracts,
6. The menu's have to be a realistic Espn Integration.

I Hate the Hangar, it's so boring. :x
FUTURE FINALS MVP
.:KD:. .:ICE:.

JAMES HARDEN
ESB CrowBonez

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:27 am

1. Why should they re-name it? Does it really make a difference?

2. It definitely needs to be enhanced. In NBA Live 10, there weren't enough drills to develop offensive skills. That needs to change. We also need to be able to scrimmage at any time, not just on scheduled training sessions for player development.

3. Absolutely.

4. Definitely a feature a lot of people want, it'd be great to see it back.

5. Completely agreed.

6. More important that the in-game presentation has full ESPN presentation, which it will this year.

I have no problems with The Hangar, but a fresh new practice arena to shoot around in would be nice.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby MegaDavidcar on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:41 am

1.Realistic graph not cartoon like in screenshots
2.More Legends
3.Pass packeges(behind the back,bullet passes,bounce passes etc.)
MegaDavidcar

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:42 pm

Well, the graphics aren't going to change this year, but in any case I disagree that they are like a cartoon, which has become an overused and ill-defined critique.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby MegaDavidcar on Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:01 am

To me Andrew it looks like cartoon...Jerseys look like they are glueed to body(not like they are ON body) than Rip Hamilton screenshot and background(I mean other players)look like cartoon...
MegaDavidcar

Postby jmmontoro on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:20 am

Sorry if this was answered somewhere else, but I can't make a search for "PC". There's a rumor that there will be a PC version this year, has it been confirmed or denied?
Can the mods make a blocked sticky post with the title "PC Status: Unknown" and change it to confirmed or denied when so?
jmmontoro

Postby MegaDavidcar on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:04 pm

As I know nothing is confiremed but there are some rumors that it will be NBA Live 13 for PC
MegaDavidcar

Postby Patr1ck on Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:37 am

Got a source on those rumors?

I don't think they have any priority to bring Live back to the PC, yet. I remember they wanted to go digital delivery, and they have Origin so they can do that. I don't believe they will until they have the resources to support the online infrastructure for PC and program the game in a way so it takes advantage of online connectivity and content as a possible security measure against pirates.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MegaDavidcar on Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:03 am

Pdub I watched in some video for E3....
MegaDavidcar

Postby msaab797 on Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:00 pm

Can we get the practice facility (Y) and put huge TV's inside the facility GYM and that way we can get streaming video content through ESPN just like we did in NBA LIVE 10. I think that was a great idea. :bowdown: :bowdown2: [flash=][/flash]
Improvment on the jerseys.
msaab797

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:34 pm

MegaDavidcar wrote:To me Andrew it looks like cartoon...Jerseys look like they are glueed to body(not like they are ON body) than Rip Hamilton screenshot and background(I mean other players)look like cartoon...

"Looks like (a) cartoon" is still a vague, ill-defined and largely meaningless critique, no matter how many times it's repeated.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Hellasbasketball on Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:01 pm

Guys, does anyone know if this year we will see updated fiba teams? Or we will see again outdated rosters like in nba live 10?
Hellasbasketball

Postby JaoSming on Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:30 pm

it's unknown if EA still has the FIBA license or not
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:25 pm

For whatever it's worth, they were set to update the FIBA teams in NBA Elite 11. If they still have the FIBA license, presumably they'll be updated as planned.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Phil89 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:28 pm

I'd like to see the venue for the all-star game change from season to season. Just for a slight bit of added realism.

It would be cool to have a player from your team playing in the all-star game on your home court. (Y)
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:01 am

That would be a nice touch. I believe in some of the previous games they've had the real court for the first year and a generic court for use in subsequent years in Dynasty Mode; even if they did that and randomised the displayed/announced location year to year, it'd be cool. 30 fictional All-Star courts and one real one might not be feasible but that'd be a viable alternative.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA Live 14