[Tool] NBA Stats Tracker

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K12 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.10.1.2

Postby Leftos on Fri May 04, 2012 10:07 am

A piece of warning:
The tool, although in public beta, is not in its final form, and its database structure may change, meaning databases you create with the current version may not work with later versions. When I decide my work is done and the tool goes final, you won't have to worry about any of this, but until then, don't put too much work into your databases. :P
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby albidnis on Fri May 04, 2012 11:55 pm

Wow I hadn't been around for a while. This is awesome stuff. Going to try it out right now..
albidnis

Postby Leftos on Sat May 05, 2012 12:00 am

Well, I think I'll be stopping development until the after the Spring semester exams (exam schedule is out), so I'd love your bug reports and feature suggestions until then.

The only point at which I'll pause my studying for the exams to continue development is when Vlad finishes with the Team Stats decoding. I'll work on making NST completely 2K12 compatible in cooperation with REditor, and then pause again. The rest of the to-do list (Metric Stats, Best Performers, Scouting Reports for other tables, Mobile app) will have to wait until the Summer.

Again, please do try the tool and give me your feedback. I'd really appreciate it.

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby albidnis on Sat May 05, 2012 12:25 am

Are these the steps I need to follow to try it out. I don't manually import boxscores:

1. Create a new database, or load the one you used previously for your 2K12 save
2. Import your 2K12 save stats right before the game you're going to play starts
3. Save the database
4. Play the game, let it end, let it save your association
5. Go back to the tool, open the database you saved in 3 if you closed it.
6. Click update with box score, enter the box score, click OK.
7. Click on save to 2k12 save.
8. Click on Save Team Stats in the tool's main window so that you keep your box score saved in the database.
9. Reload your save in NBA 2K12.
10. You're done.

Thanks...
albidnis

Postby Leftos on Sat May 05, 2012 12:55 am

Well, to try it out you can do either of the following after creating a new database.
- Add Teams & their Players yourself. Not concurrently though, add teams, save, add players, save. You can then either edit the stats directly (via the overview screens) or update them using Box Scores.
- Download the real NBA Team Stats. It is a start, and I will implement downloading player & playoff stats as well later on.
- Import stats from your 2K12 save. You'll have to find out which (if any) Mode is compatible with your save so that the Team Stats match up with those in-game; if not, some teams may have another team's stats, for the reasons I explain here. This problem, as I've said many times, will soon be over, as soon as Vlad decodes Team Stats, and the tool will be able to then import both Team AND Player Stats from any 2K12 save.

It's important that until full 2K12 compatibility gets done, you DO NOT export stats to your save that haven't been previously imported from the same Association or Career, or you could corrupt your save.

It's in the Disclaimer but I'll write it here again. ALWAYS KEEP BACKUPS OF YOUR SAVES.

albidnis, I just noticed that you were the first one to come up with the idea to Export to CSV, so you may be thrilled to know that as I've said a few posts above, EVERY SINGLE TABLE in the tool can be copied along with the table headers by just selecting the rows you want or the whole table, pressing Ctrl-C, and pasting in your favorite spreadsheet (or not) editor. Try it out. I'd love your feedback.

====================================

v0.10.2 released!
- Once again, database structure has been updated to add Minutes to Team Stats and Box Scores (they'll be required for Metric Stats). I hope that this is the last change to the database structure, although I can't promise anything.
- Various other minor fixes.

As I said, further feature development is paused until the Summer. I'll only work on bug-fixes and 2K12 compatibility.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.10.2

Postby BrotherJRB on Sun May 06, 2012 1:08 am

Great work Leftos. Glad to see you are progressing so fast. Hopefully with Vlad's help we can get the tool we have been waiting for!
2013 is the year?
Thanks to Vl@d, Leftos and all the other patchers for their hard work.
BrotherJRB

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.10.2

Postby Leftos on Sun May 06, 2012 10:47 am

Metric stats are slowly being implemented. All the calculating functions are in, and I've already got them in Team Overview, just need to add them to League Overview and Box Scores.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.10.3

Postby Leftos on Mon May 07, 2012 3:04 am

v0.10.3 is now released!

• Fix: Tool wouldn't save the 2K12 Compatibility Mode correctly, leading to mixed Team Stats in many occasions
  • Added: Metric Stats have been implemented; there's a table for them in Team Overview, League Overview & Box Scores
  • Added: Each team now has "Opponents" stats as well, which can either be directly edited or accumulated via box score updating
  • Added: You can now import Box Scores from other database files
  • Improvement: Various performance improvements
  • Fix: Nearly all BPG and TPG columns were reversed; that is, BPG were in the TPG column, and TPG in the BPG one
  • Fix: Various other minor bug fixes

===================================

v0.10.4.1 released!

• Added: Best Performers tab added to Box Score window, showing you the key stats from the key players of the game
  • Added: FTR (Free Throw Rate) metric added to Metric Stats
  • Added: New edition of NBA Stats Tracker gets its own release channel, with update notifications

Note that the above screen normally shows 2 players per team beside the Player of the Game, as long as you have entered enough box scores for the players.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.10.4.1

Postby koberulz on Mon May 07, 2012 3:33 pm

Code: Select all
---------------------------

SQLite error

near "Keefe": syntax error

Query: insert into Players( ID, LastName, FirstName, Position1, Position2, isActive, isInjured, TeamFin, TeamSta, GP, GS, MINS, PTS, FGM, FGA, TPM, TPA, FTM, FTA, OREB, DREB, STL, TOS, BLK, AST, FOUL, isAllStar, isNBAChampion) values( '107', 'O'Keefe', 'Pat', '', '', 'True', 'False', 'Glenelg Tigers', '', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', 'False', 'False');
OK   

Got that after adding a bunch of players, then trying to save.

Also, when pressing the tab key at the end of the last line on the player creation screen, it adds a new line but highlights the 'OK' button, instead of the 'Last Name' cell of the new line.

EDIT: I only get that error trying 'save all seasons', 'save current season' worked fine.

Another thing: I'm trying to input NBL stats from 1979, which include only FGA, FGM, FTA, FTM, PTS, and FLS. It won't let me do this, insisting I check to make sure all information is entered.
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Postby Leftos on Mon May 07, 2012 11:57 pm

koberulz wrote:

SQLite error

near "Keefe": syntax error

Query: insert into Players( ID, LastName, FirstName, Position1, Position2, isActive, isInjured, TeamFin, TeamSta, GP, GS, MINS, PTS, FGM, FGA, TPM, TPA, FTM, FTA, OREB, DREB, STL, TOS, BLK, AST, FOUL, isAllStar, isNBAChampion) values( '107', 'O'Keefe', 'Pat', '', '', 'True', 'False', 'Glenelg Tigers', '', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', 'False', 'False');
OK   

Got that after adding a bunch of players, then trying to save.

The clue is in the player's last name. It has an apostrophe in it that the program doesn't parse correctly, and the database thinks that the last name is just "O" and there's some other weird stuff after it, which causes it to throw an error. It's fixed in the next version that'll be released, and the only way you're going to get that error again is if you use a double-quote in the name. :P

Also, when pressing the tab key at the end of the last line on the player creation screen, it adds a new line but highlights the 'OK' button, instead of the 'Last Name' cell of the new line.

Also fixed. Some weird default behavior that I needed to hack around.

EDIT: I only get that error trying 'save all seasons', 'save current season' worked fine.

Nothing to do with it. The problem was in that player. Note that when you're adding players, you're only adding them to the current season, not all seasons. Players created in one season will carry on to the next when started via the Miscellanous > Start New Season. But any players created in Season 2 aren't automatically created in Season 1 or Season 3 (if it already exists) as well. I may add an option to add them to all seasons, besides the current one.

Another thing: I'm trying to input NBL stats from 1979, which include only FGA, FGM, FTA, FTM, PTS, and FLS. It won't let me do this, insisting I check to make sure all information is entered.

That's a fail-safe that is currently needed, or else I have to do a lot of different scenario handling which I don't want to go through. Just enter 0 in all other columns.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.10.4.2

Postby Leftos on Tue May 08, 2012 1:47 am

v0.10.4.2 released!

• Improvement: Best Peformers calculations now take player position into account; should be able to pick the most significant stats better
  • Fix: Players with apostrophes in their name (such as O'Neal) caused SQlite errors and weren't being added to the database
  • Fix: Tool wouldn't make any checks in the Add Players window, meaning you could add players with no names, no position, no team.
  • Fix: When in a table that automatically inserts a new row after the current one, pressing Tab while in the last column of the last row would make the table lose focus; it now correctly moves to the first column of the newly inserted row
  • Removal: Removed Defensive Rebounds from the Best Performers screen as a possibly significant stat; Offensive and Total Rebounds remain
  • Change: Best Performers tab in Box Scores window now shows Player of the Game plus 3 best players from each team
  • Fix: Fixed bug (probably since v0.10.3) that broke the Export to 2K12 Save feature

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby koberulz on Tue May 08, 2012 1:57 am

Leftos wrote:The clue is in the player's last name. It has an apostrophe in it that the program doesn't parse correctly, and the database thinks that the last name is just "O" and there's some other weird stuff after it, which causes it to throw an error. It's fixed in the next version that'll be released, and the only way you're going to get that error again is if you use a double-quote in the name.

Yeah, I figured that'd be the reason. I just really don't get why 'save all seasons' produced an error and 'save current season' didn't, given that I only have the one season.

That's a fail-safe that is currently needed, or else I have to do a lot of different scenario handling which I don't want to go through. Just enter 0 in all other columns.

All columns default to zero, so it's not as though any of them are blank. I'd suggest it's either that everyone is listed as playing 0 minutes or none of the 'starter' boxes are checked.

Is there a way to rename a team between seasons, as would be done in the case of the Hornets moving from Charlotte to New Orleans, or the Bullets becoming the Wizards? There were quite a few such changes in the NBL (Coburg became North Melbourne, Nunawading became Eastside, St. Kilda became Westside Melbourne, Westate became Perth, the Suns became the Crocodiles, etc.). What happens if a team drops out of the league (happened to the NBL over 30 times)? And how does it handle game length? The NBA has 48 minute games, but most other leagues around the world play 40. The NBL, because nobody can make up their damn mind, played 40 mins from '79-'82 then 48 mins until 2009, at which point they reverted back to 40 mins.

EDIT: Is having players with no position going to break anything? I don't have that info, so I can only add it for players I know, or who played in a season for which I have game programmes that list that information.
koberulz

Postby Leftos on Tue May 08, 2012 3:05 am

Q: All columns default to zero, so it's not as though any of them are blank. I'd suggest it's either that everyone is listed as playing 0 minutes or none of the 'starter' boxes are checked.
A: I'll need to know what information you're entering so that I can debug and see which fail-safe is firing. Get some screenshots on postimage.org so that I can take a look.

Q: Is there a way to rename a team between seasons, as would be done in the case of the Hornets moving from Charlotte to New Orleans, or the Bullets becoming the Wizards?
A: Currently no, there isn't. And unfortunately I hadn't thought of that, so there's some code that relies on Team Name rather than Team ID. I'll get that on my to-do list before the final release, but don't expect it to be implemented soon. For city name changes, just don't enter the city as part of the name. :P I know it's not a solution, but I can't work on that right now.

Q: What happens if a team drops out of the league (happened to the NBL over 30 times)?
A: There's no way to remove a team right now, although I'm guessing there should be. Again, this gets on my to-do list along with team renaming, but won't be done soon. Actually, I'm guessing that the program in its current state can't really handle a team being in one season but not in another. It's going to require a lot of work, and I won't work on anything like that before the summer of even the fall (have to pass the last 9 subjects for my degree, and also get NST to a good presentable state until September, as it is my thesis).

Q: And how does it handle game length? The NBA has 48 minute games, but most other leagues around the world play 40. The NBL, because nobody can make up their damn mind, played 40 mins from '79-'82 then 48 mins until 2009, at which point they reverted back to 40 mins.
A: Shouldn't matter. Minutes only matter on a per-game basis, and are accumulated. There's no need for teams to have the same minutes played (nor can it be so, some overtimes are due to happen), not in the same season, neither between seasons.

Q: Is having players with no position going to break anything? I don't have that info, so I can only add it for players I know, or who played in a season for which I have game programmes that list that information.
A: Actually, right now it does. Position is used in player rankings, best performers calculations, and is displayed along with the player's name in some cases. I might make it optional in the future, and hide the according information for that player. Right now, if it doesn't matter, just pick any position.

Thanks for all your suggestions, questions and feedback. Keep them coming.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.10.5

Postby Leftos on Tue May 08, 2012 9:06 am

v0.10.5 has been released!

• Improvement: Download NBA Stats now downloads both team and player stats (season & playoffs)
  • Fix: Fixed a recent bug which caused Team Overview to show incorrect playoff stats for all teams
  • Improvement: A lot of performance improvements to the League Overview window

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby koberulz on Tue May 08, 2012 2:57 pm

Leftos wrote:Q: All columns default to zero, so it's not as though any of them are blank. I'd suggest it's either that everyone is listed as playing 0 minutes or none of the 'starter' boxes are checked.
A: I'll need to know what information you're entering so that I can debug and see which fail-safe is firing. Get some screenshots on postimage.org so that I can take a look.

All I'm filling out is FGA, FGM, FTA, FTM, and FLS. Points is filled in automatically based on field goal numbers.
koberulz

Postby Leftos on Tue May 08, 2012 7:48 pm

Yes, but are you filling the rest of the team-total box scores? Those are empty, not 0 by default. I can't know what fail-safe is firing if you don't show me a screenshot of your input.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby koberulz on Wed May 09, 2012 12:37 am

They're calculated as zero if you press 'calculate', minutes is the only one that remains blank. So yeah, I'd guess it's the minutes.

Add Players appears to be broken. I started a new database, with the aim of tracking the NBL's stats from 2011 to this year and then next year once the season starts (as the league has been at the same number of teams since 2011 and will remain at that number next season, it's the best I can really do given the team handling), and after spending half an hour or so adding players, none of them showed up in box score entry, or player overview, or anything. I just got empty drop-down boxes.

Speaking of players: are they handled by name anywhere? If they are, two players with the same name could cause problems.
koberulz

Postby Leftos on Wed May 09, 2012 2:44 am

Q: They're calculated as zero if you press 'calculate', minutes is the only one that remains blank. So yeah, I'd guess it's the minutes.
A: Yeah, there's no easy way to calculate minutes. Even 2K12 ignores the total minutes it calculates in the box score (which is incorrect because it doesn't take seconds into account so the end result isn't TMINS=5*4*QuarterLength, as it should be, but something close to that. In any case, the minutes you should enter isn't 5*4*QuarterLength, but rather AmountOfQuarters*QuarterLength, or AmountOfQuarters*QuarterLength+AmountOfOvertimes*OvertimeLength to be exact (not *5 in any case; so for the NBA it would be 48 instead of 240). Also, I should note that the tool doesn't handle games that ended in draw, if any basketball leagues have that rule. I've only coded it to handle cases where one of the teams has won.

Q: Add Players doesn't work.
A: Did you save the database IMMEDIATELLY after adding them? I should have the tool do that, it's not obvious that changes could be lost if you don't save immediatelly. -sigh- I've just been doing so much development these days that I don't think of doing even the most obvious things. I'm sorry for the time you lost, and once again thanks for helping me debug NST.
EDIT: Yeah, for some reason it's broken in 0.10.5. I'll fix it and make sure the database saves right after adding the players.

Q: Are players handled by name?
No, Players are by ID, players with the exact same characteristics shouldn't conflict in any of the tool's features.

And I think I know a way to be able to allow the users to rename teams without going through too many changes in the code. I'll just keep the current Name field as is and let the
code work off of that, but I'll add a "Display Name" field in the Teams database table, so that it ignores the name in the tool's controls and shows you the display name instead. So current code shouldn't break at all, and you'll be able to rename a team freely. It'll take very few lines of code to implement something like this.

Adding and removing teams completely however needs more work.

EDIT: Scratch that, I just thought of a way to be able to add and remove teams with not much additional work. Also, teams will be able to "return" to the league, and have their previous stats intact. For example, a team will be able to have played in Season 2 and 3, but not in Season 4, and then be back in 5 and still have its stats from 2 and 3.

On a final note, I'm really sorry for your frustration and all the problems you've encountered. I have to say I appreciate your trying to use the tool in a real-life scenario, which gives me much needed feedback on what I've done right and what wrong, as well as letting me know of any bugs. The tool is in beta so it's not really prime and ready for everyday use, but I hope that you'll stick through to the end, and hopefully with all your feedback the end result will be a lot better than I originally planned. Thanks again.

P.S. Not to play devil's advocate, but the tool has a big "BETA" in its title, so you shouldn't spend half an hour on a single feature without testing it for a bit to know that it works as you expect. So next time, before adding 1000 players altogether, try adding 2-3 at first, and seeing if it works properly. That way you won't have wasted half an hour. :P Again, I know it's not your fault that the tool doesn't work as you expect it to, but while in beta, development is still being made, decisions change and bugs may come up at any time. I appreciate your help in debugging, but I don't want you to get all too frustrated by planning on using a feature for so long only to find out it didn't work. Test it with a small sample first, always. :)

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.10.5.1

Postby Leftos on Wed May 09, 2012 3:16 am

v0.10.5.1 has been released!

• Fix: Fixed a recent bug that broke the Add Players function
  • Improvement: Database is saved immediately after adding players

=================================

v0.10.6 has been released!

• Added: Teams can be enabled and disabled per season (Main Window > Miscellaneous > Enable/Disable Teams For This Season); this can be used to relegate a team for a season and then have them back in another season with their other years' stats intact
  • Added: Tool is now able to handle teams that are in one season but not another; either weren't created in it or are disabled
  • Added: Teams can be renamed (Team Overview > Change Team Name)

IMPORTANT NOTE: Databases created prior to this version will have some Team-related fields missing. To make sure you can continue using them, open them with NST and then IMMEDIATELY click on File > Save Database As. It's important that you click on Save Database As under the File menu, NOT Save Current Season or Save All Seasons. If you do this, your databases will be compatible with the new version.

==============================

v0.10.6.1 released!

• Fix: File > Save Database As wouldn't work when the destination file was the same as the currently open
  • Improvement: Big performance increase in saving operations; save, save as and start new season should now be much faster
  • Fix: League Overview displayed Team Stats in the Playoff Stats tab in some cases
  • Fix: When adding players to separate seasons, they could end up having the same IDs and sharing stats between seasons; now each player added, no matter the season, gets their own unique ID

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby koberulz on Wed May 09, 2012 1:18 pm

Leftos wrote:P.S. Not to play devil's advocate, but the tool has a big "BETA" in its title, so you shouldn't spend half an hour on a single feature without testing it for a bit to know that it works as you expect.

It did. You just broke it later :P

EDIT: Is it possible to add a sixth position, "No Position", and assign that to players who aren't assigned a position? That should cover basically everything position is used for.
koberulz

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.10.6.1

Postby Leftos on Wed May 09, 2012 8:36 pm

Good idea. I'll do that. How are the rest of the features you asked for working out so far?

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.10.6.1

Postby koberulz on Wed May 09, 2012 10:17 pm

Haven't had a chance to play with it since you fixed Add Players as yet.
koberulz

Re: [Tool] NBA Stats Tracker 0.10.6.2

Postby Leftos on Thu May 10, 2012 12:38 am

v0.10.6.2 released!

• Improvement: Players are allowed to have no position set; that allows you to keep stats for leagues and years for which no such info is available

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby koberulz on Thu May 10, 2012 1:11 am

What happens to players on deactivated teams? Do I need to inactivate those players, then the team, if I want the players to be accessible?

How do I view previous box scores, for either current or past seasons?

I started a season, created three teams, added two box scores (one v three, two v three), started a new season, deactivated team three, added team C, then went to add a box score and got a crash:
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
   at System.Collections.Generic.SortedDictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at NBA_Stats_Tracker.NSTHelper.CalculateAllMetrics(Dictionary`2& playerStats, TeamStats[] teamStats, TeamStats[] oppStats, SortedDictionary`2 TeamOrder, Boolean leagueOv) in C:\Users\Leftos\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\StatsTracker.cs:line 60
   at NBA_Stats_Tracker.MainWindow.GetPlayersFromDatabase(String file, TeamStats[] _tst, TeamStats[] _tstopp, SortedDictionary`2 _TeamOrder, Int32 curSeason, Int32 maxSeason) in C:\Users\Leftos\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 1446
   at NBA_Stats_Tracker.MainWindow.LoadSeason(String file, TeamStats[]& _tst, TeamStats[]& _tstopp, Dictionary`2& pst, SortedDictionary`2& _TeamOrder, PlayoffTree& _pt, IList`1& _bshist, Boolean updateCombo, Int32 _curSeason, Boolean doNotLoadBoxScores) in C:\Users\Leftos\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 1315
   at NBA_Stats_Tracker.boxScoreW.cmbSeasonNum_SelectionChanged(Object sender, SelectionChangedEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Leftos\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\boxScoreW.xaml.cs:line 869
   at System.Windows.Controls.SelectionChangedEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.ComboBox.OnSelectionChanged(SelectionChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.InvokeSelectionChanged(List`1 unselectedItems, List`1 selectedItems)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.SelectionChanger.End()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.SelectionChanger.SelectJustThisItem(Object item, Boolean assumeInItemsCollection)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.OnSelectedItemChanged(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.NotifyPropertyChange(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveValue(EntryIndex entryIndex, DependencyProperty dp, PropertyMetadata metadata, EffectiveValueEntry oldEntry, EffectiveValueEntry& newEntry, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValueCommon(DependencyProperty dp, Object value, PropertyMetadata metadata, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType, Boolean isInternal)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValue(DependencyProperty dp, Object value)
   at NBA_Stats_Tracker.boxScoreW.PopulateSeasonCombo() in C:\Users\Leftos\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\boxScoreW.xaml.cs:line 251
   at NBA_Stats_Tracker.boxScoreW.prepareWindow(Mode _curmode) in C:\Users\Leftos\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\boxScoreW.xaml.cs:line 146
   at NBA_Stats_Tracker.boxScoreW..ctor(Mode _curmode) in C:\Users\Leftos\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\boxScoreW.xaml.cs:line 49
   at NBA_Stats_Tracker.MainWindow.btnLoadUpdate_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Leftos\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 1460
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

None

EDIT by Leftos: Surround error logs in code tags, so that the page isn't flooded.
koberulz

Postby Leftos on Thu May 10, 2012 1:37 am

What happens to players on deactivated teams? Do I need to inactivate those players, then the team, if I want the players to be accessible?

If you want to be able to find these players and add them to other teams, then yes, the players need to be added to the inactive roster, and then the team disabled. Disabled teams by default keep their players, in order to still have them when they return or if you disable them by mistake.

How do I view previous box scores, for either current or past seasons?

Well... 4 ways, I guess.
- Team Overview > Select Team > Box Scores
- Player Overview > Select Team > Select Player > Box Scores
- League Overview > Box Scores
- History > Box Scores

I started a season, created three teams, added two box scores (one v three, two v three), started a new season, deactivated team three, added team C, then went to add a box score and got a crash:

I can't reproduce this. Mind sending me your database file? Upload it to Mediafire or something and give me the link so I can use it and get the crash, see what's going wrong.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K12 Modding