International Leagues

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: International Leagues

Postby jettdaking! on Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:22 am

Andrew wrote:
Dan's Brain wrote:3. And it's this point that gives me the greatest indignation. Why the cock is the team named after the sponsor?

That's always kind of bugged me about the NBL as well.

well, unlike the NBA, companies sponsor the teams, not cities/states, so they have to go to that length of advertising, the latest was by far the ugliest, the Shopinas.com "Clickers". Thank God that team went defunct even before the season ended :lol: :lol:

by the way, if you guys still remember Donnell Harvey, he's playing in the Philippines right now as a reinforcement, and right now, he's playing in the Finals. who are you guys rooting for, TNT or B-Meg? :D
"play me like it's chess and i'll smack you with a checkerboard"
-Celph Titled
jettdaking!
R.I.P. Hip-Hop "1987-2005"

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:33 am

That's definitely taking things too far.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Stress Fracture on Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:12 pm

jettdaking! wrote:by the way, if you guys still remember Donnell Harvey, he's playing in the Philippines right now as a reinforcement, and right now, he's playing in the Finals. who are you guys rooting for, TNT or B-Meg? :D

Where did Harvey last played before suiting up as a reinforcement for the Tropa?

I've got B-Meg to win.
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby Bulls#1 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:11 pm

He played in the CBA with the team Jiangsu and his last NBA team before going to the CBA is the New Jersey Nets and he played more basketball over the world
Bulls#1

Postby jettdaking! on Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:51 pm

Stress Fracture wrote:
jettdaking! wrote:by the way, if you guys still remember Donnell Harvey, he's playing in the Philippines right now as a reinforcement, and right now, he's playing in the Finals. who are you guys rooting for, TNT or B-Meg? :D

Where did Harvey last played before suiting up as a reinforcement for the Tropa?

I've got B-Meg to win.

i'm all tropa, dude, Chot Reyes' last year as a PBA coach, and at least let him do a grand slam
-Celph Titled
jettdaking!

Postby Warlock95 on Sun May 06, 2012 10:51 pm

B-MEG!!!!1!!1oneoneone
I once had a decent signature, then it took an arrow to the knee.
Warlock95

Postby George7 on Mon May 14, 2012 9:34 pm

Olympiakos did an amazing,a huge comeback last night to win the Euroleague title!! Huge game by the team, they managed to comeback from a -19 difference and win the 2nd European Championship of the team! Amazing game!!
George7

Postby dinocarlo on Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 am

Out of curiosity, I thought I'd go look for unbiased opinions (If you are a Filipino and a fan of the University Athletic Association of the Philippines, this question is not meant for you, but feel free to answer anyway) about these two interesting plays in a collegiate game in the Philippines.

The first one features a controversial goaltending call (because it was made in the dying seconds of a tightly contested game). In the second one is a dunk by Kiefer Ravena (#15 of Ateneo, the blue team in the game), where some also felt that he got fouled.

So, was there any goaltending in this play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUQ1XjihKXo (ignore the three point shot at the end, that's not the point)

And was there a foul here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUHRmPAaivQ (slomo replay towards the end, around 0:51)

I won't say which side I am for to make it interesting. :) Thanks.
dinocarlo

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:06 am

Absolutely a goaltend. I guess it's instinct but it was a bad idea to go for the block so late and after the foul call. Good call by the officials, bad decision by the defender.

You could probably call a shooting foul on that dunk, no question. There's contact on the body, enough for there to be an and-one.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby PERTH WILDCATS on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:18 pm

I'm really excited for the Wildcats this year. Winning 2 on a road in a row against Townsville and the Defending Premiers the Breakers i think we have a great chance to win it all.

Interested to see how well Kevin Lisch does at PG these season aswell.
PERTH WILDCATS

Postby jettdaking! on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:42 am

Andrew wrote:Absolutely a goaltend. I guess it's instinct but it was a bad idea to go for the block so late and after the foul call. Good call by the officials, bad decision by the defender.

And what about this call?

phpBB [video]
-Celph Titled
jettdaking!

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:38 pm

Assuming the league follows the same rule as the NBA, it's absolutely goaltending because the ball was touched while it was on the rim. In international play, players can take the ball off the rim so it wouldn't be goaltending, however judging by the reaction of the commentators I'm guessing that the league's goaltending rules are the same as the NBA, so yes, goaltending.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:36 pm

Andrew wrote:In international play, players can take the ball off the rim after one bounce so it wouldn't be goaltending

Fixed. iirc lol
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:23 pm

Could be. In any event, it's far more lenient than the NBA's rule.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby _Steve_ on Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 am

Today Bamberg won Game 1 of the (German) BBL Finals against Oldenburg. The final result was 65-63.
It was a close game which was open until the very last possession.
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby deihatein on Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:22 am

The Philippines National team is heading to the World Championship next year.

Holy shit.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby stereoxide on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:16 am

dei. wrote:The Philippines National team is heading to the World Championship next year.

Holy shit.

Well they have to get what they can in this tournament because I heard that teams from Oceania will join the FIBA Asia zone which will require more effort to repeat what the Philippines have done.
stereoxide

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:33 pm

It's just the addition of two teams, Australia and New Zealand, the rest can be ignored.
By the looks of the Oceania group Australia and New Zealand had been getting a free pass for years with the competition they have there.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby killer_cr0ss0ver on Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:47 pm

shadowgrin wrote:It's just the addition of two teams, Australia and New Zealand, the rest can be ignored.
By the looks of the Oceania group Australia and New Zealand had been getting a free pass for years with the competition they have there.

they'll be getting tough competition when they join FIBA ASIA cluster. Too bad for us, its gonna be harder the next time around on atleast getting on the bronze spot.
killer_cr0ss0ver

Postby Stress Fracture on Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:23 pm

Asian teams will be very old in the 2017 FIBA qualifiers. Haddadi will be 32 then, China won't have Yi, Korea won't have Lee Seung-Jun and the rest. So I guess there's still a little hope.
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:56 pm

Locking this one up. If you'd like to discuss a foreign league, feel free to create a new thread for it!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA & Basketball