[Tool] NBA Stats Tracker

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K12 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Tool] [Dev] NBA Stats Tracker 0.? (The new beginning)

Postby riggamortis on Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:03 am

oh bah god
riggamortis

Postby Leftos on Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:48 am

Split Stats for Teams are done. What do you think? The timeframe, as always, is fully customizable. You can check split stats for the last 5 days, or 4 years.

Mind you, every feature I add for the the teams is going to be implemented for players as well, once I'm done with the teams.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby JaoSming on Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:51 am

so I take it Vlad helped, lol
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:58 am

Not yet, no. Vlad is going to help as far as 2K compatibility goes. Everything else you see is my own work on making NBA Stats Tracker a great analysis tool, independently of 2K. The point is that when it's done, it'll be a viable, cheap solution for amateur coaches to keep track of their teams in local leagues, or for you to keep track of a friendly tournament. Full 2K compatibility is left up to Vlad, and for me right now is an add-on extra, that hopefully will get there in time.

But if Vlad does manage to decode the Team Stats table, you'll have all the features of the tool (along with Player analysis) fully compatible with any save. That's the whole point of my cooperation with Vlad. If he manages to decode Box Scores, then even better, you won't have to enter them yourself, and you'll have a full breakdown of your 2K Association or Career with Split Stats and everything, in a much more detailed fashion than what 2K allows.

UPDATE: Started work on League Overview. Here's the long overdue Team Stats screen which will allow you to quickly overview the league's stats, as well as limit them down to a certain timeframe based on the Box Scores you've saved.

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:56 am

I've just released a first-look version of the new NBA Stats Tracker. It's meant as a preview; that is, not all its features have been tested to be working. I especially don't recommend using it with your NBA 2K12 saves, unless you really want to help, and you remember to keep backups. It SHOULD work, but be careful.

Two things to keep in mind:
- Team Stats files from previous versions won't work with this one, as it uses a completely new format.
- It is completely incompatible with any NBA 2K12 Save that is in the Playoffs.

Two easy ways to test it, right now:
- Click on File > Get Real NBA Stats to check its features on the real NBA league
- Click on Open NBA 2K12 Save, and then on Save Team Stats to create a database based on your save, and then test the features.

If you want to try updating your 2K12 save with a Box Score, the feature is still there, just not as a button, but rather in the File Menu.

EDIT: I will be silently updating that file once in a while when I fix something or add something new that I think is worthwhile. I may or may not announce it, so if you're curious, check that link often.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] [Dev] NBA Stats Tracker (Dev preview released)

Postby suirad on Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:55 pm

Leftos thank you for this my friend. Im an association fiend and that stat bug killed my 2k12 but this tool has revived hope for me to play it. thank you for your efforts
suirad

Postby Bulls#1 on Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:03 pm

I love it thanks!
Bulls#1

Postby AreaOfEffect on Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Nice. I tried it but kept giving me critical error prompt
AreaOfEffect

Postby Leftos on Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:39 am

Today's nightly is done. I might get some more work in but it'll just go towards the next nightly. They won't be actual nightlies, there may be some days that I won't feel like releasing anything. But I got some work done today, and I want you to try it out.

So main changes since the last one:
- Compatibility with 2K12 has been restored, for the most part. It's still not full compatibility, but it's the same weird Season 1 only might-work-or-not compatibility that the stable version has. I wouldn't try Playoff only files yet, but Associations/My Player files should work fine. You don't open the 2K12 Save directly anymore, you create an NST database and import the stats from your save. That way you can keep box scores saved in the database to keep history.
So, the new procedure goes like this:
1. Create a new database, or load the one you used previously for your 2K12 save
2. Import your 2K12 save stats right before the game you're going to play starts
3. Save the database
4. Play the game, let it end, let it save your association
5. Go back to the tool, open the database you saved in 3 if you closed it.
6. Click update with box score, enter the box score, click OK.
7. Click on save to 2k12 save.
8. Click on Save Team Stats in the tool's main window so that you keep your box score saved in the database.
9. Reload your save in NBA 2K12.
10. You're done.
- Playoff stats are now separated from regular season stats and are both shown in the Team Overview and League Overview screen; previously, once you entered the playoffs, the regular season stats were no longer available
- League Overview now also has Playoff Stats and Box Scores
- The tool now works irrelevant of the amount of teams in the league; it should work without error for leagues with 2 teams or 50 teams; the 30 team limit is no more; the Scouting Reports still work optimally for 30 teams, they do not adjust to leagues with less or more teams (yet!)

Here's some screenies!

P.S. Player Overview does nothing yet, the button is a placeholder. Nor can you add players, just teams, if you're doing your own custom league. Player features will be developed over the next 2 weeks as much as I can, and will surely be done during the Summer, if not during these 2 weeks.
P.S.2 More good news, I've gotten in touch with Vlad, and our plans to make NST and REditor work together still stand. Joint development is planned over the next weeks, and once Vlad decodes the Team Stats table and the import/export functions are done in NST, NST will be compatible with any 2K12 save, any season, and will be able to grab both Team and Player Stats from your saves. Box Scores will still need to be entered manually, for now. But who knows what'll happen during this summer break or for 2K13. ;)

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] [Dev] NBA Stats Tracker (Day 4 nightly released)

Postby Vl@d Zola Jr. on Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:28 am

Well, mate, it's really a decent progress, you've been making during the several previous days! (Y) Do definitely like the new look! (Y) Awesome!
Vl@d Zola Jr.
Contributor
Contributor

Postby aguifs on Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:52 am

Leftos you are saving NBA 2k12! :bowdown:

Keep going with your fantastic job!!!!
aguifs

Postby AreaOfEffect on Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:59 am

It looks great. but i cant make it work because i keep getting critical error
AreaOfEffect

Postby Leftos on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:07 am

Can you actually post the error information in [ code ] tags in a reply? The critical error tells you where the log is saved.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby AreaOfEffect on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:17 am

Additional: Trying to save team stats - SQLite

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.80.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.80.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139'
at SQLiteDatabase.GetDataTable(String sql)
at NBA_2K12_Correct_Team_Stats.MainWindow.saveTeamStatsFile(String file) in C:\Users\Leftos\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 438

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

None

this is from the log.
AreaOfEffect

Postby Leftos on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:52 am

Hmm. I may have actually forgotten to bundle a file or two with the installer. :P Thanks for the bug report, I'll fix it tomorrow and reupload.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Leftos on Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:24 pm

I've updated the installer. See if it works now.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby AreaOfEffect on Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:35 pm

doesn't work still. Here is what im doing. I create new database, then import from 2k12, save team stats then boom, error.

EDIT: even getting the real nba stats gives error
AreaOfEffect

Postby Leftos on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:48 pm

Just copy-paste the error again. Make sure to use [ code ] tags this time. Like so:

Code: Select all
This is inside a code tag.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby AreaOfEffect on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:53 pm

Code: Select all
 System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.80.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.80.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139'
   at SQLiteDatabase.GetDataTable(String sql)
   at NBA_2K12_Correct_Team_Stats.teamOverviewW.cmbTeam_SelectionChanged(Object sender, SelectionChangedEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Leftos\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\teamOverviewW.xaml.cs:line 196
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Controls.ComboBox.OnSelectionChanged(SelectionChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.SelectionChanger.End()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.SelectionChanger.SelectJustThisItem(Object item, Boolean assumeInItemsCollection)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.OnSelectedIndexChanged(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.NotifyPropertyChange(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveValue(EntryIndex entryIndex, DependencyProperty dp, PropertyMetadata metadata, EffectiveValueEntry oldEntry, EffectiveValueEntry& newEntry, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValueCommon(DependencyProperty dp, Object value, PropertyMetadata metadata, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType, Boolean isInternal)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValue(DependencyProperty dp, Object value)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   at NBA_2K12_Correct_Team_Stats.teamOverviewW..ctor(TeamStats[] tst) in C:\Users\Leftos\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\teamOverviewW.xaml.cs:line 143
   at NBA_2K12_Correct_Team_Stats.MainWindow.btnTeamOverview_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Leftos\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\NBA Stats Tracker\NBA Stats Tracker\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 2135
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

None
AreaOfEffect

Postby Leftos on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:01 pm

I've uploaded a new installer again. Make sure that the file you download is named

[Leftos] NBA Stats Tracker Nightly 20120426-3

Run the installation again, if you still get an error post it here.

UPDATE: Updated yet again to 20120426-4, to correct a problem with 64-bit Windows environments. Should work now.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby AreaOfEffect on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:15 pm

Wow. excellent. (Y) (Y) thanks man, got it to work to my new association. Is there really no way to make this work for ongoing ones?
AreaOfEffect

Postby Leftos on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:40 pm

There is a way. You have to manually add all the box scores for each team and correct each team's stats via the Team Overview screen. Remember to save each team before switching to the next one by clicking on the "Save Team & Recalculate" button, or your changes will be lost.

But also, you have to make sure that the mode you selected is compatible with your save, by checking if each team's stats in 2K12 correspond to the ones in NST.

Once Vlad finishes decoding Team Stats, the last part won't be needed.

UPDATE: Just finished multiple season support. You can now keep the stats and box scores of previous seasons when moving to a next one. All stats and box scores will be kept in the same file.

To amplify this feature, I'll add a season compare screen where you can see any team's progress over the years, for those that are Association junkies. Also, if you keep Box Scores, I'll add a screen where you'll be able to see last year's matchups with an opponent.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby AreaOfEffect on Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:26 am

That's harder than making a new association, im already 34 games in. Hey is this possible, i make a new association with the same team, but instead I'll input the boxscore of the team from previous association?
AreaOfEffect

Postby Leftos on Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:34 am

And what would that achieve? You'd have to win the games you won and lose the games you lost for the team stats to make any sense, for your record to make any sense against the other team's records. You're better off starting a new Association and using the tool from the start.

On another note...

This doesn't mean that I've achieved Season 2 and further support for 2K12, that's Vlad's job. But what I've done is lay the foundation for us to keep and compare stats and box scores from multiple seasons. It works perfectly for Custom Leagues or for anything that doesn't rely on a 2K12 save (if you enter all the stats on your own for example instead of importing them), but don't expect it to work for 2K12 saves yet. Once Vlad is done, you'll be able to import each season's stats separately and do comparisons even from year to year. Box Scores are up to you though. :P

UPDATE: Today's nightly is released (20120427). Features the multiple season support, as complete as I can get it right now. Try it out, send me your bug reports, and tell me what else you think the tool should include (besides Player Analysis, which is coming).

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Re: [Tool] [Dev] NBA Stats Tracker (Watch for nightlies)

Postby AreaOfEffect on Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:56 am

what are the modes for? what does mode 0 do? and in my NEW association, your mod says my standing is 2-0 when infact its 1-1 also the record of other team is incorrect too
AreaOfEffect

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K12 Modding