NBA 2K12 Quick Impressions & Questions

Talk about NBA 2K12 here.

Re: NBA 2K12 Quick Impressions & Questions

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:28 pm

It is indeed a popular feature that they left out.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby PassFir5t on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:33 pm

Well that's a shame then. Thanks for the reply though.
PassFir5t

Postby PassFir5t on Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:54 am

I guess my next question would be is there any way to delete an online association? Since it is the only way i can play games against my friend we've made 3 different ones but now it says i've made the maximum amount...any way to end them?

edit: nevermind I got it, sorry about that.
PassFir5t

Postby The_Pharoah on Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:34 pm

TBH I absolutely LOVE the MP mode...been playing it for a few months now (and I now realise why the SF position is so good) and just started a season as SF for the Mavericks.

*Rant on*
One thing thats always given me the $hits is the ingame assignment logic. eg. if I'm SF against the Heat, I will get tagged to mark LeBron (I use the blue arrows) however from time to time if there's someone open near me, I get pinged because I let them score....but I"m marking LeBron??? similarly, if I'm late and someone else is marking LeBron, I get allocated to the next free guy...however if LeBron scores, I get pinged for letting him score? wtf??? the worst is the 'leaving assignment' penalty. After getting pinged so often, I now rush straight to (say) LeBron regardless of who is marking him until they leave...fk em. really stupid logic.

The other problem is the SG/PGs never seem to mark their opposites when on defense (and the oppos are on the arc). whaddaya know? the Fwd bounds in then passes it straight to the SG or PG for a nice 3 with our SG/PG under the rim doing 3/5ths of fk all. totally stupid. Its not called man marking for nothing. Just gives me the $hits because we cough up so many easy 3's (no matter what team I'm on) but don't get the same luxury on offense.
*Rant off*

ahh...feels better now.
The_Pharoah

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:20 pm

They fixed it up a little compared to NBA 2K11, the grading logic is actually better with more rewards for doing the little things. Having said that, it's definitely not perfect though and that's a good example of it; the penalties for defensive mix-ups and the like are still a bit too harsh, especially when they're caused by your teammates in the first place.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:38 pm

Interesting stuff to read here :D

I don't know if this has been already asked here, but no feature in the game for a single player glass alley-oop?

Thanks in advance for the answer :)
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby JaoSming on Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:48 pm

correct, there is no legitimate way to do that
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:55 am

Copy.

Thanks for quick reply JaoSming mate :)
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby koberulz on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:34 am

Is there any way to cycle backwards through the OTF substitution dialog? I hate having to cycle through the entire team to replace a bench player with a starter, only to inevitably go too far and have to cycle through again. Particularly as the dialog refuses to pop up in dead ball situations for some reason.
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Postby koberulz on Fri May 04, 2012 11:15 pm

Anyone have any idea how to beat the '72 Knicks? Every single time, I get up by ten or so then they're in front within a minute. I usually quit out before the end of the game, once I have no hope of coming back, so I haven't checked box scores for the past six attempts but this time they outrebounded me 58 to 30. What the fucking fuck?
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Postby AggroKnoll on Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:40 am

Hey guys,
I got a problem with my Boston Celtics Association. When inbounding the ball baseline after Buckets from the opposing Team my SG, Avery Bradley is forced to run the plays. My PG, Rajon Rondo isn't supposed to run plays very often even though he is the starting PG and has better ball handling and passing abilities. How can I make him run every single play?

PS: I've added a Screenshot so that you can see what I mean. When I inbound to Bradley and select a play from the menu, he always is supposed to do the distributing and I don't know why.
Please help me guys ;).

AggroKnoll

Postby pether_10 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:57 am

Hey guys, I need your opinions. Okay, in My Player I got a 6'3" Point Guard with a 99 in Dunk rating, 95 (Max) in Shoot in traffic, 99 in Vertical, and 99 in Offensive Awareness. He is also athletic. The problem is, my player can't do contact dunks in any way. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the height because Derrick Rose can dunk but why can't I? Please guys I need your suggestions. Thanks in advance.

P.S: Please do leave a message so that it would be easier for me to respond. Thank you.
pether_10

Postby gelmo01 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:55 pm

good day everyone. was there any solution to update rosters on MYPlayer/Association mode without creating a new one? this has been the issue since my NBA Live days, (if i'm seem to be outdated please let me know) is it possible to tweak ongoing transactions to tell CPU to trade players and send your player in MyPlayer mode in free agent and you will be signed by any NBA team at chance? just a wild idea guys..haha

:roll:
gelmo01

Postby Leftos on Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:01 am

You can update ratings, abilities, tendencies, hot spots and hot zones safely by using my Roster Merge & Repair tool. Even transactions could work, but haven't tested that out with an on-going Association.

Follow the link in my sig to my work, and then to the tool's thread for more.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby chuaq14 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:57 pm

hey wheres the download button after i have search the file i want.
chuaq14

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:27 pm

Underneath the file description. It's a big blue button, hard to miss. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby chuaq14 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:40 am

MY my player is now corrupted because i must be on conference finals but i change the number of games from 7 down to race to 5,

is there a way i can make it back/.?
chuaq14

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:05 am

Not the kind of question that this thread was originally intended for but in any event, if changing it back via the same method you changed it in the first place doesn't work, about all you can do is restore from a backup from before you made that change. Otherwise, you might unfortunately be out of luck.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby League77 on Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:23 pm

could you keep updatig nba2k12 ? i have been waiting it for several weeks!!!
League77

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:36 pm

That's not what this thread is for. If you have any requests, post them in the Requests section. If you're talking about a specific patch, contact the author directly, either via PM or in their release thread.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA 2K12