Bugs & Glitches Thread

Talk about NBA 2K12 here.

Re: Bugs & Glitches Thread

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:10 am

The official patch thread was the correct place. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby rafal723 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:16 pm

Hi ! I've got a little bit weird problem, 'cause it occurs only sometimes. I run the game, and am in the main menu. Want to load Asso and then it crashes ... back to Windows. Sometimes I can load it & play w/o problems, and sometimes it's like that . Help me.

Edit:// When I'm loading My Player it's the same.
Sorry for my English. Linsanity (we remember)
"People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you, you can't do it. You wanna something. Go get it ! Period." - Chris Gardner, Pursuit of Happyness
rafal723

Postby rafal723 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:07 am

I already know what's wrong. I have crashed "fast choose squares" in the main screen. (Square with last-played Association, or MyPlayer). When I click it I'm throwed back to the Windows, when I get menu> eg. The Association > Load > My Save it's always allright. Is a way to fix it without re-installing game known to you, guys ?
"People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you, you can't do it. You wanna something. Go get it ! Period." - Chris Gardner, Pursuit of Happyness
rafal723

Postby Patr1ck on Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:43 am

Delete the "home" save file from windows and see if it makes a difference.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Shaffty on Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:09 pm

Hey!

I hope maybe somebody can help me here:

We started an OA a while ago... My team (Memphis Grizzlies) did a trade with the Hawks, exchanging Marc Gasol/Tony Allen for Al Horford/Kirk Hinrich... After the long process of confirmation, now the Grizzlies AND the Hawks having Marc Gasol and Tony on their roster with Horford/Hinrich disaperead from the league. I still can play with Gasol/Allen now in my rotation, but still I´m looking for help to solve this glitch. Anyone got an idea maybe?

Thank you!
"Who can, does. Who cannot, teaches"

*Georg Bernard Shaw* (Irish writer, nobel-prize winner)
Shaffty

Postby koberulz on Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:24 am

Pdub wrote:Delete the "home" save file from windows and see if it makes a difference.

I've been having the same problem, no dice.
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Postby jk31 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:02 am

Happened in our Online Association:

Grizzlies and Hawks traded Gasol and Allen for Horford and Hinrich. Horford and Hinrich disappeared from the game and both teams now got Gasol and Allen...
jk31

Postby Patr1ck on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:19 am

koberulz wrote:
Pdub wrote:Delete the "home" save file from windows and see if it makes a difference.

I've been having the same problem, no dice.
I just tried loading the my player save from the home screen, it crashed immediately. It's the first time it done that to me.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:36 am

and I just tried loading an association from the home screen, smash, i mean crash
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Patr1ck on Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:44 pm

I tried deleting the home file, loading my player, playing a game, saving, quitting, and loading it from the home screen, crash.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kin323 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:14 am

hi everyone,

today I encountered a bug/glitch i'm not sure has been discussed before..

Im on my 34th game in my player against the celtics, and i scored 20 points along with 6 assists when the 2nd quarter ended. However, after the team comparison during halftime report, the game closes by itself when the logos of the bulls and hawks show up showing the score for their game. I set all my settings to low and tried replaying the game multiple times, but the same thing happens..

Is there any way to fix this?? or to disable halftime report ?

I cant simulate to next key game because this happens on my key game
kin323

Postby makoto on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:30 am

When I'm offline the quick game date is correct, but when I get online the nba today quick game date changes to three days ago, march 29. Also, the scores for yesterdays game are all 0-0 and some of the in-game stats are 0. I haven't been able to figure it out or find an answer elsewhere, so if anyone can help, that would be great. Thanks.
makoto

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:30 am

kin323 wrote:hi everyone,

Im on my 34th game in my player against the celtics, and i scored 20 points along with 6 assists when the 2nd quarter ended. However, after the team comparison during halftime report, the game closes by itself when the logos of the bulls and hawks show up showing the score for their game. I set all my settings to low and tried replaying the game multiple times, but the same thing happens..

You might want to check out the thread on random crashes, the unofficial fixes might be able to help you out.

makoto wrote:When I'm offline the quick game date is correct, but when I get online the nba today quick game date changes to three days ago, march 29. Also, the scores for yesterdays game are all 0-0 and some of the in-game stats are 0. I haven't been able to figure it out or find an answer elsewhere, so if anyone can help, that would be great. Thanks.

That's happened to pretty much everyone at one point or another. NBA Today is pretty glitchy in that respect.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby kin323 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:35 am

Andrew wrote:

You might want to check out the thread on random crashes, the unofficial fixes might be able to help you out.

Im sorry but where is this located? pardon my naivete.
kin323

Postby Infernales on Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:31 pm

kin323 wrote:
Andrew wrote:

Im sorry but where is this located? pardon my naivete.

Here viewtopic.php?f=141&t=84896
Infernales

Postby rafal723 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:03 am

What has this save got ? I mean will I lose whatever if delete it ?
rafal723

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:37 am

It contains the data that shows up on the Home Screen, ie your most recently loaded Association and My Player. It's something the game will refresh if it's deleted.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby volsey on Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:22 am

I know I've read about it before. But I couldn't find anything in a search.

I just got my guy playing good minutes again after the stupid fucking All-Star bug which cut my minutes down from 40 to 10, and made me work my way back up again (This occurred in my second season, better not happen every year or I'm done with the game).

Now in my third season, doing unreal, and all my buzz categories are in high nineties, teams doing pretty decent, maybe 5th seed, and my home crowd now boo's every time I touch the ball.

I know it's a bug because the commentary says something like "listen to the warm cheers of the crowd for this player they love this fucker", meanwhile they're just booing. Has any sort of work around or fix been found for this issue? Stat bugs while annoying I can handle, getting booed every other game every single time I touch the ball, not easy to ignore... especially when I'm playing like Jesus on the court.
volsey

Postby Patr1ck on Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:57 pm

Check your local fan popularity.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby chuajefry on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:22 pm

i played an exibition game using OKC against the spurs, when near the end of the 1st quarter the game suddenly crash to windows. can someone please help, thanks...
chuajefry

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:09 pm

This thread isn't for technical support. I'd recommend checking out this thread for help with random crashes:
viewtopic.php?f=141&t=84896
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Warlock95 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:48 am

Hello. Haven't posted in a while. Anyways, I got some glitches in my 2K12 that are really annoying:

1) Jerseys don't have numbers in front.
2) Created players' hair shows up white (textureless) as do those of players with long hair (Dirk, etc.)

Any fixes? Thanks in advance. ^_^
I once had a decent signature, then it took an arrow to the knee.
Warlock95

Postby JaoSming on Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:00 am

isnt that one of the video card control panel settings conflicts? Turn off adaptive AA or something like that which deals with transparent textures in the nvidia or ati control panel
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Warlock95 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:25 am

I don't see that option in the video settings. Where do I turn it off?
I once had a decent signature, then it took an arrow to the knee.
Warlock95

Postby JaoSming on Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:28 am

in the nvidia control panel it is called Antialiasing - Transparency. Make sure it is off.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K12