Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressions

Talk about NBA 2K12 here.

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby JaoSming on Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:39 pm

After letting go of my fun arcade sliders and going back to the default ones, I gotta say I am liking the post-patch gameplay.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Mizzou-Tigers on Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:01 pm

how can i download this
Mizzou-Tigers

Postby jay-r on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:25 pm

JaoSming wrote:After letting go of my fun arcade sliders and going back to the default ones, I gotta say I am liking the post-patch gameplay.

When you say default ones you mean Default or Simulation sliders ? And what Difficulty you play on? I prefer default simulation sliders with All Star difficulty!
jay-r

Postby carmelo on Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:38 pm

jay-r wrote:
JaoSming wrote:After letting go of my fun arcade sliders and going back to the default ones, I gotta say I am liking the post-patch gameplay.

When you say default ones you mean Default or Simulation sliders ? And what Difficulty you play on? I prefer default simulation sliders with All Star difficulty!

I agree with you( simulation sliders and all-star difficulty, 12min), but off. rebounds are not enough. If I increase the off.rebounds slider the %fg drops down a lot.
carmelo

Postby JaoSming on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:45 pm

Mizzou-Tigers wrote:how can i download this

what version of the game do you have?

carmelo wrote:
jay-r wrote:

I agree with you( simulation sliders and all-star difficulty, 12min), but off. rebounds are not enough. If I increase the off.rebounds slider the %fg drops down a lot.

Default default, HoF difficulty
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Kieran on Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:13 am

I agree, new gameplay is absolutely terrible with the new patch. It's not about "play smarter" or whatever someone said, I constantly watch NBA basketball and understand the game deeply. I already play smart and at a high difficulty level. It's frustrating when what used to work no longer does. I box out and get great positions on the boards just like I always did but all of a sudden I'm getting out-rebounded even when I hold position. I use shot-stick timing for shooting just like I always have and all of a sudden my most deadly marksmen are missing wide open threes. Even isomotion doesn't seem to be as effective. I can't use post moves as effectively as before and my beasts in the paint just fall into blocked shots instead of muscling through to put up some kind of shot. I'm not seeing anything positive at all about this patch other than online uploads seem to be working again. I've begun tweaking my sliders until I rectify all the things I'm unhappy with but it's frustrating in the meantime.

Also, does anyone else have the problem where it doesn't remember your 2K ID when starting the game? I have to keep inputting it all upon game startup, just as if I had loaded it for the very first time.
Kieran

Postby Kieran on Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:16 am

carmelo wrote:The patch destroys shoots, forget 3-pts, forget medium range shoots. Go to the basket for points in the paint or fouls, thats not realistic. In the pre patch gameplay you did't have to go in the basket you could free from your defender and shot, now 9/10 shoots are off so you have to go inside. Cpu do the same, prefers points in the paint from shoot.

I agree, this is probably one of the most frustrating aspects.
Kieran

Postby MayhemMonkey on Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:42 pm

Hey I recently bought 2K12 for PC from Amazon Digitial copy and can't find the patch . Any suggestions ?
MayhemMonkey

Postby vLad`osSs on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:40 am

Who can help me solve a problem with account? reply to e-mail, but nothing helps...
vLad`osSs

Postby Uncle Drew on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:15 am

chok9 wrote:Didnt worked man! Still stuck on the Account thingy...

fear777 wrote:Post patch gameplay is incredible.Idk why you guys have problems.Play smart.Yes, cpu AI is harder with the patch but you need to run plays and study the opponent's weaknesses.I have already Def Awr and Off Awr at 100 for both user and cpu and it plays a wonderful game of bball in both ends.Having problems with passes?Reduce passing lanes for cpu somewhere at 25.Raise shooting fouls at 73.I'm using Alby's rosters and the stats are spot on in every area.So, saying nothing is fixed is a lie.Yes, team stats bug is not fixed.So what?Pass response is fixed,fast breaks are fixed (having tons of them with my players filling great the lanes all the way to the basket), D movement is great,offensive movement too, plays are now responsive and never break unlsess you want them to break, finally cpu is defending the post as it should, offensive rebounds number is increased (now having the slider at 90 or 100 gives you the magic number of 11-13 off rebs per game, trade logic is way better now.I even see more animations on the court.Yesterday I had my player diving for the ball and cpu running to him immidiately and grabbing it for a jump-ball.
Also, those of you having problems with the account screen showing every time at game launch, just set the nba2k12 executable to run as admin.Voila.Fixed.
Finally, if you believe EA's effort will offer something in the competition I think you are having high hopes.

Same here, switching to run as administrator didn't do squat. They need to fix this fast. !!
Uncle Drew

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:44 am

vLad`osSs wrote:Who can help me solve a problem with account? reply to e-mail, but nothing helps...

2K Support are the people to contact about that. If you're on Twitter, you could also try contacting Chris Manning (@LD2k).
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby carmelo on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:24 am

JaoSming wrote:
Mizzou-Tigers wrote:how can i download this

what version of the game do you have?

carmelo wrote:
jay-r wrote:

Default default, HoF difficulty

So what is your opinion. Which slider after official patch gives more simulation experience 2k's default or 2k's simulation?
carmelo

Postby JaoSming on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:56 am

I don't play basketball, I play video games :czar:

but seriously, I hate "sim", I want to have fun. I think me saying "After letting go of my fun arcade sliders" should have instilled that
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby fear777 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:32 pm

Pistol wrote:
chok9 wrote:Didnt worked man! Still stuck on the Account thingy...

fear777 wrote:Post patch gameplay is incredible.Idk why you guys have problems.Play smart.Yes, cpu AI is harder with the patch but you need to run plays and study the opponent's weaknesses.I have already Def Awr and Off Awr at 100 for both user and cpu and it plays a wonderful game of bball in both ends.Having problems with passes?Reduce passing lanes for cpu somewhere at 25.Raise shooting fouls at 73.I'm using Alby's rosters and the stats are spot on in every area.So, saying nothing is fixed is a lie.Yes, team stats bug is not fixed.So what?Pass response is fixed,fast breaks are fixed (having tons of them with my players filling great the lanes all the way to the basket), D movement is great,offensive movement too, plays are now responsive and never break unlsess you want them to break, finally cpu is defending the post as it should, offensive rebounds number is increased (now having the slider at 90 or 100 gives you the magic number of 11-13 off rebs per game, trade logic is way better now.I even see more animations on the court.Yesterday I had my player diving for the ball and cpu running to him immidiately and grabbing it for a jump-ball.
Also, those of you having problems with the account screen showing every time at game launch, just set the nba2k12 executable to run as admin.Voila.Fixed.
Finally, if you believe EA's effort will offer something in the competition I think you are having high hopes.

Same here, switching to run as administrator didn't do squat. They need to fix this fast. !!

Admin rights on exe works.If this method doesn't work for you block internet connetion of the game with your antivirus/internet security program.
fear777

Postby rafal723 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:20 pm

Each one time I wanna play 2K12 (since patched) I've to insert game DVD. How to fix it ? (Before patched, it wasn't like that)
Sorry for my English. Linsanity (we remember)
"People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you, you can't do it. You wanna something. Go get it ! Period." - Chris Gardner, Pursuit of Happyness
rafal723

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:34 am

Have you installed the patch for the DVD-ROM version on a digital download copy?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby rafal723 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:37 pm

I installed patch from NLSC downloads & I've got DVD version. I've to insert disc every time I wanna play since then.
"People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you, you can't do it. You wanna something. Go get it ! Period." - Chris Gardner, Pursuit of Happyness
rafal723

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:46 pm

Then there's no problem, the patch is working fine. Please also note at this time that discussion of No Disc cracks are against the Forum rules and are grounds for a ban; just a friendly reminder.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby karlsanada10 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:34 pm

Patched version PC:

My Player:

Finished one season.

No signings or whatever happened.o.O I only play keygames so it simmed preseason. but wtf? Still the same roster as your previous seasonso.O
karlsanada10

Postby Infernales on Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:53 pm

Hmmmmm.....I'm sticking with the pre-patch... :D
Albys RR2 Roster with Albys RR3 sliders....Man, so realistic! Albys is spot on, specially with the Sixers gameplay.. Amazing!
Infernales

Postby rafal723 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:58 pm

Andrew wrote:Then there's no problem, the patch is working fine. Please also note at this time that discussion of No Disc cracks are against the Forum rules and are grounds for a ban; just a friendly reminder.

O.K but is it O.K. when I've put disc into every time ? Why wasn't it like that earlier ?
rafal723

Postby Rim on Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:16 pm

Finally i have fixed the problem with account creation every time i launch the game. If someone still have it then go to Options->load/save->load/save options and turn on autosave. Damn that was SO ANNOYING :D
Rim

Postby nevermind12131 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:46 pm

Hey guys..

i have a problem since the patch everytime i want to play nba2k12 it says that my account expires... (but i already verified it)

so i cannot play my MY PLAYER and ASSOCIATION because it crashes to desktop...

Plese guys help me i've worked hard to be in the playoff with the wolves..!
nevermind12131

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:09 am

The iOS version has received a new update (v1.4.3).

NBA 2K12 iOS Patch 1.4.3

• The Roster Update from 3/16 is also available in this update for both iPad & iPhone.

Here are the official update notes:

iPad

• You can now post Screenshots, Achievements, and more directly to Facebook and Twitter.
  • New “drive to the basket” control for the One Finger control scheme.
  • Airplay support added. Broadcast NBA 2K12 to your HDTV via Apple TV. (iPad 2 only)
  • Player names added to uniforms during cutscenes.
  • Cheerleaders and mascots added to the court.
  • Added animation for players on the bench. (iPad 2 only)

iPhone

• You can now post Screenshots, Achievements, and more directly to Facebook and Twitter.
  • New “drive to the basket” control for the One Finger control scheme.
  • Airplay support added. Broadcast NBA 2K12 to your HDTV via Apple TV. (iPad 2 and iPhone 4S only)
  • Player names added to uniforms during cutscenes.
  • Cheerleaders and mascots added to the court.
  • Added animation for players on the bench. (iPad 2 and iPhone 4S only)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby AreaOfEffect on Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:25 pm

The xbox 360 and ps3 reviews of the patch said it improved the gameplay. Why is it different on pc?
AreaOfEffect

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K12