Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressions

Talk about NBA 2K12 here.

Re: Patch v1.04 Released (PC/360/PS3/iOS) - Notes & Impressi

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:50 pm

mj12 wrote:sir andrew i'm from the philippines and i only have a copy via download. sorry i don't have money to buy a original copy. what should i download? thanks.

Sorry, you should've read the rules. They're clearly posted and we've got warnings about this all over the place.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby aguifs on Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:17 pm

I liked the patch... We got new sweat, a little bit harder gameplay... The thing that pisses me off is the stats bug... WTF 2k????
aguifs

Postby CAN_JE on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:59 pm

aguifs wrote:I liked the patch... We got new sweat, a little bit harder gameplay... The thing that pisses me off is the stats bug... WTF 2k????

man, what stats bug you talking about? Tell please
CAN_JE

Postby _Steve_ on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:30 pm

CAN_JE wrote:
aguifs wrote:I liked the patch... We got new sweat, a little bit harder gameplay... The thing that pisses me off is the stats bug... WTF 2k????

Stats bug = 90 Asts, 50 TO per game averages despite correct boxscores in season-/ association mode...
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby CAN_JE on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:48 am

SteveHTOWN wrote:
CAN_JE wrote:

Stats bug = 90 Asts, 50 TO per game averages despite correct boxscores in season-/ association mode...

damn, is it after patch??
CAN_JE

Postby blizzcoe on Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:56 am

my problem(game hanged after the game commercial after 1st quarter of a season game(Assoc, MP and CAL) before the patch is still there. too bad. I'll just settle myself with an association mode again and play during the playoff :turrible:
blizzcoe

Postby deihatein on Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:15 am

CAN_JE wrote:
SteveHTOWN wrote:
CAN_JE wrote:

No, even if the game wasn't the patch.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby CAN_JE on Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:26 pm

dei. wrote:
CAN_JE wrote:
SteveHTOWN wrote:
CAN_JE wrote:

No, even if the game wasn't the patch.

strange, i don't have this problem w/o a patch
CAN_JE

Postby Coyroy on Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:36 pm

Where can i found Pc patch description?
Coyroy

Postby CAN_JE on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:22 pm

Coyroy wrote:Where can i found Pc patch description?

first page of this thread
CAN_JE

Postby razzledazzzle on Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:51 am

@Andrew

if you rename your folder to nba 2k12 the patch installer will install the files to nba2k12 by default

so therefore it is possible to extract the files from the installer this way you can see which mods

you need to re install and what is changed in 1.0.1 (Y) sry for posting in wrong spot before
:oops:

:mrgreen:
razzledazzzle

Postby 14dimes on Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:37 am

MJALLDAY wrote:Is it just me or is the game a hell of alot harder after the patch is installed.

Yes, it's the same for me. Harder to make a steal and the passes are still easily tipped by the opponent even when you think your teammates free to accept the pass, the ai will continue to move or the defender will suddenly be in front of him to tip your pass. I am having more turnovers than what was usual. I cannot alley oop anymore like I did before. My teammate instead of running towards the basket, ran to the 3point area. To think he's a forward that cannot shoot a three and yet he ran there in a fastbreak? I played 2 games with this patch now, and I almost lost to the wizards even when their overall is 69 and my team's overall is 77? :S

I also find that my 79 overall my player is being outplayed by a below 72 rated player and even shooting far beyond more than their average. My defense rate is 89. So I don't know why I suddenly become weak guarding or the AI just got a lot harder to guard now? They never missed. They pump fake and step, and shoot. Wizards was making all their shots in the 3rd and 4th. So I don't really think there was a change in the gameplay aspect.

Blake Griffin was my teammate, and he averages 19pts a game. In my last two games with this patch on, he makes below 12pts and that's mostly coming from freethrows. When he shoots inside, its either he was blocked (because he doesn't pump fake like he used to, he shoots right away like a newb) or either get fouled. He misses his freethrow now even more! And the field goal percentage of ATL and Wizards are 57% lol to think they are in the last in the team standing.
14dimes

Postby Uncle Drew on Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:51 am

Why do I have to sign in to my account before every game? This didn't happen prior to the patch. Then it tells me to respond to a e-mail I never receive, before I can play online.
Uncle Drew

Postby MJALLDAY on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:39 am

Pistol wrote:Why do I have to sign in to my account before every game? This didn't happen prior to the patch. Then it tells me to respond to a e-mail I never receive, before I can play online.
Oh my god that is so annoying. I hope someone can come up with a work around. I've never even played online and I get my updates from Andrew.
MJALLDAY

Postby 14dimes on Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:49 am

Does anyone has the same problem in my player crashing when up against the indiana pacers? I tried to work around it by playing a quick game with indiana and that didn't crash but with my player it crashes before it even start. When I installed this patch yesterday, I was against the pacers and it never stopped loading. I skipped to the key game to by pass that indiana bug and was able to play two other teams without having a problem. I'm up against indiana pacers once again, it crashes :/ This never happened before until I had this patch installed. I don't want to skip this game again because I'm trying to increase my overall before the playoff and its just a few games away.
14dimes

Postby gogadantes on Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:40 pm

I'm thinking about downloading the patch but the negative impressions here worry me. Can someone tell me if the unrealistic man-to-man AI guarding is still there? You know, how they stick to you no matter what when on defense? Thanks!
gogadantes

Postby Nucky on Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:37 pm

Pistol wrote:Why do I have to sign in to my account before every game? This didn't happen prior to the patch. Then it tells me to respond to a e-mail I never receive, before I can play online.

This happened to me the first day that I've installed the patch, I was asked to sign in for a 2k account every time I open the game (tried 3-4 times within the day). But fortunately, the next day (until today) it went well, and the game opened normally. Pistol, I hope this goes the same for you since it's quite annoying to sign into 2k each time you open the game.

As for those who ask if the patch would affect your present My Player mode, I've noticed that the game got a lot harder, its harder to steal (CPU is now wiser in passing from the wing to player in the post) and harder to pass (pre-patch I averaged 3 turnovers; post patch: 7 TO's), so I guess the patch did affect the gameplay but NOT the stats bug (atleast for present My Player mode).

One more thing, I witnessed a couple of instances where a CPU player just dribble and dribble then fire a wild shot just as the shot clock expires, I thought this was already fixed in the patch.
Nucky

Postby carmelo on Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:32 am

The game with the patch is much more difficult, cpu players are unrealistic quicker now and have better defensive skills. I notice some lags too. And today I have my first crash just before 4th quarter. I never had a crash before patch. I thought the patch will solve problems not to create. The only problems I had before the patch is the lack of cpu alley-oop in transition but that still remains.
carmelo

Postby 14dimes on Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:29 pm

I'm hoping for a new customized game sliders that would fit for this patch cos right now it's difficult to stop the AI. Just when you think your player or teammate is open, the AI comes running back to defend it. But this has been the problem even before this patch was released. The spacing is just too small and AI are fast to get back on D.
14dimes

Postby AreaOfEffect on Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:57 pm

I installed the wrong version. Do i simply need to overwrite it with the correct one?
AreaOfEffect

Postby l3cta on Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:38 am

1. The Patch does not work for me when i´m using the original files, nether the european nor the american, i´m located in Germany so i think european should work.But it doesnt."Wrong Disc Inserted" and such BS.
I Swear i got the original Version...i´m really pissed
Luckyle one Modder brought out a Version with all them patched Files, just Copy and paste, and lets Play sum Ball..
Turnovers are Turned down to a realistic amount i think. Game is faster, and AI is missing Shots if contested, more the before the Patch. Still there is a slight abuse of the up nad under Move, a 6´0 Guard scores multiple times Against two Seven Footers with good defensive Ratings. My first impression after 3 Games Played is positive, i will play some more Games.
But i repeat : I´m really, really pissed off about patch not working properly. Last Years Patch did not cause such Problems installing it
l3cta

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:16 pm

AreaOfEffect wrote:I installed the wrong version. Do i simply need to overwrite it with the correct one?

Most likely. Worst case scenario, you'll have to re-install the game then apply the correct patch.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby fjccommish on Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:09 pm

Finally got past the no game disk.

Post patch impressions:

Constantly have to enter the date and log into player account.

Game keeps crashing on Association load. Loading from the main screen crashes. Game mode, association, load crashes about half the time.

CPU v CPU play and playing locked seeing what my AI teammates do it is much harder for anyone but big men to score in the paint. Rose can't score off the drive. It may be a matter of adjusting strength.

I may uninstall the patch.
fjccommish

Postby tanazzz on Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:12 am

This patch annoyed me so much I almost broke my game controller.It's impossible to go to the basket literally IMPOSSIBLE.I went to game sliders and made the CPU's on ball defence to 20 and inside/drive contact shot to 20 and it's still the same i can't get in the paint with a guard and it's harder even with a center.Am I going nuts or is it really a bug?Before the patch I played on Superstar with default sliders and I could get to the basket easily and now I play on Pro with adjusted game sliders and it's still impossible.Either I'm going crazy or 2K screwed up again.
P.S.If I uninstall the patch would I still be connected to nba today or I have to have it in order to be connected?
tanazzz

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:10 am

You need to have the patch installed to play online or continue to receive updates, including the latest NBA Today data.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K12