The "How is your Dynasty/Association going" Thread

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: The "How is your Dynasty/Association going" Thread

Postby shabba_93 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:29 pm

Thierry • wrote:Knicks if you want an instant playoff team (IMO, they could beat almost anyone with all the options they have), but if you want a real challenge, pick Charlotte, they are just horrible right now in real life.

In all honesty I'm leaning towards the Knicks more at the moment. The majority of Assosiations/Dynasties I've played over the years where with struggling teams so I haven't won a championship for some games past now. It would make a change to pick a contender and go for one in the first year, not 4 or so years down the line. Out of New York or Clippers I prefer the knicks.
shabba_93

Postby rise on Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:58 am

rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Cruzerr on Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:39 am

You turned the ball over too much, way too many fouls. You missed a lot of shots.
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:09 am

3PT% sucks.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:15 pm

Getting five assists along with the 114 points is pretty impressive.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby mpac on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:50 pm

scoring machine!! I just hope you won the game. :)
mpac

Postby rise on Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:57 pm

I actually started in foul trouble. I picked up foul #2 at I think the 3:00 mark of the first quarter with just 8 points. Scored 32 in the second, 33 in the third and 41 in the 4th. Both the threes I made (out of 7 attempts) came in the 4th.

We beat the Jazz 165-121, mainly because the Jazz played their reserves for most of the 4th and their reserve PG was an unathletic 6-1 guy with no defense or a jumper. At 6'7 and really athletic, I had to torch him as often as possible. Also, KD had 22 points, 9 boards, and 13 assists, while Eric Gordon went 0/11 for zero points and six assists.

I learned something: missing free throws really pisses me off, particularly when it took me three tries at the line to score my 100th point. I missed the FT on an and-one that would have got me at 100, then i drew a foul on the next possession and missed the first as well before making the second. I finished 24/27 there.

My season averages are: 46.1ppg, 6.2rpg, 5.9apg, 2.6spg,2.2bpg, 54/32/96 shooting %s, 5.3 TOs (bad), 3.8 fpg (bad), and I boast a beastly 54.0 PER at the midway point of the season. Bad news: we're 10th in the West at 18-23 and we're playing five top ten teams in the next six games.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby mpac on Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:13 pm

Continued with my Celtics association. Ended the season with a 57-25 record and 2nd seed in the east. Won the 1st round vs the 76ers 4-1, and its quite difficult to close out the series.

Next up 2nd round vs the bulls! exciting!

Though my thoughts are still on my off season plans on whether to resign KG and Rayray (most probably resigning as he is my fave!), resign D will if he will pick up his options, and what to do with my 2 1st round picks that may both fall in the mid round picks. :)
mpac

Postby tonio7 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:44 am

I am in final conference against the heat

http://seattlestory.cd.st/

thanks for watching ;-)
tonio7

Postby skotas28 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:41 pm

Its bin a while since I wrote here, but..

Finaly finished a season with Indiana. Took me about 4mth or so, 82g season, played about 70 games of it..

Thru the season R.Hibbert and L.Deng made it to the ASG (bench). And Hibbert was chosen to All-NBA 2nd team..

Record 44-38 was good enough for the 6th seed.. Was not happy at all, as number 3 was Celtics. And with no HC advantage I thought, thats where the season will end..

Surprisingly I swept the Celtics with an incredible defence thru the whole series.. 89.1 points allowed ( season was 97.2)..

2nd round Bulls.. 1GAME - 102-111 L, all game was in the chase, but just could not get it done.. 2GAME - 111-89 W, started a game with 19-4 run and never let them get closer then by 9.. 3GAME - 95-102 L, was really upset with a loss at home, J.Noah destroyed me on the boards. 4GAME - 120-113 OT Win, lost 1Q 24-37, and for the rest of the game was closing the gap untill 2min left in 4Q two in a row three pointers by G.Hill put me infront.. After that were a few lead changes, was down by 2 with 10s left. Was not really up for the OT, so tried a 3pt shot with G.Hill, missed it, but R.Hibbert tip it in. OVERTIME!! Won the OT 11-4..

Game 5, back to Chicago.. Tonight..

P.S Was really unlucky with the injurys whole season. P.George missed 22, K.Love missed 16, M.Webster missed 24, R.Hibbert 8 games.
In a third game with Celtics. K.Love got injured again, now he is day to day, so hopefully he will be good for the game 6 with a Bulls..

Would love to make it to ECF.. I think I never bin there since NBA LIVE 08 LOL
skotas28

Postby skotas28 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:52 pm

GAME 5 in Chicago. Before the game decided to put L.Deng and R.Brewer on D.Rose. We started really well, it was like the GAME 2, took the control from the beginning.. 1Q 27-21, D.Rose 0pts... Defense was there in the 2nd quarter as well, D.Rose scored his first points with 7min left, he scored his second basket in a next possesion and that was it for the half time.. 53-41. D Rose had 4pts, 2ast, 2-9 shooting and 2 TO.. Job well done. Everything was going smoothly untill 5min left in the 3rd.. I was up 72-59, Rosee had his 4pts and I was already thinking how I will finish the series at home 4-2.. But then it started.. Jamario Moon hit 2 threes in a row, Rose added and 1, me could not make a basket, and after 3rd it was 74-73.. 4Q was a disaster and I lost a game 92-100.. Rose finished a game with 19pts and 5ast., well I stopped him, but..

2-3 series and a critical match in Indiana tonight.. K.LOVE is back for this game !!! Great news, cos I was getting killed on rebounds by Boozer and Noah.. K.Love was averaging 16pts and 15rbs in 3 games vs Boston before the injury..

Miami is already in ECF after they swept 76ers in the 2nd round.

My roster:
PG D.Collison / G.Hill / J.J. Barea
SG P.George / M.Webster / K.Korver
SF L.Deng / R.Brewer
PF K.Love / T. Hansbrough / E.Clark
C R. Hibbert / D.Jordan / N. Pekovic
skotas28

Postby Kenny on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:13 am

Seems to be an influx of My Player stories. I'd be tempted to pick up my old one, but my stats were absolutely stupid and the teammates became too boneheaded when I kicked it up to All-Star.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby mpac on Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:23 pm

i simmed my playoffs and ended up losing to the Heat in 7 games in the East finals. Lakers got their 17th title and off to the offseason, traded bradley and picks for 6th pick of memphis, then drafted Anthony Davis of Kentucky. and then I got bored haha. :)

I plan to restart my association with the following team choices:
- Phoenix Suns - Find a young player with high potential, make gortat a dominant force inside, Shannon brown be like a little kobe to possible help Steve Nash to go further in the playoffs. Promise not to trade my future 1st picks :D Playing Dudley and Redd also excites me.
- New York Knicks - a strong team, but Im planning to trade Melo for the best possible option,to provide a unique twist and rebuild the new Knicks around Amare and Lin
mpac

Postby skotas28 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:04 pm

Game 6. Indiana. Do or die battle to force Game 7 in Chicago.
From the beginning it was a phisical game. It was all about defense. First points scored by P.George at 9.02 left in 1Q. Whole 1Q. it was shot for shot, block for block.. Lost the 1Q. 22-25. 2Q. was not much different. Biggest lead of any team was 4 points.. 47-48 at half time.

3Q.. Where amazing happens.. Won it 35-10!! Dont even know what happened there.. Defense was fantastic.. Steals turning into fastbreaks, and 1's. 5/10 three pointers went in. Chicago shot 5/22 in that quarter.. 82-58 after 3rd.
4Q. Most of the time Bench was on the court, just was waiting for the end of a game. Final score 109-94..

Can't wait for the game 7.. To win in Chicago would be amazing..
skotas28

Postby mpac on Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:33 pm

I chose the Knicks. The setting up of the team is quite challenging as the lineup consists for 5 guards (3 with A and B potentials), and weak back up for Center and PF position, as Harrelson, Novak and Jeffries has very low overall rating with low potentials. :)

I am looking for the best trade option for Melo (As I am not a big fan :D ), still not pulling off a trade though but a 1-1 trade to Rudy Gay and 1st pick is quite tempting.

Played my 1st game against the twolves, The games so close I just lost it in the last 1:30 mins of the game. Melo struggled, Lin struggled and Amare always loses the ball in the paint. :) we lost 79-88.

To somewhat improve our frontline a bit, I signed Leon Powe on the 1 yr deal that would make a great story as he will make his debut against the Celtics at MSG. The game had 24 lead changes and 10 deadlocks, as I keep on relying to Amare on the inside, and uses Tyson Chandler as main defensive player on trying to double the ball handler (Quite successful, the celts dont trust the ball to JO). We won by three 71-68, with amare scoring 23 pts and 9 boards, melo added 14 and Lin had 7 pts and 12 assts (No TO!) on another poor shooting night on 3-9 shooting.

I might be trading few of my guards for a big man who can backup up Chandler. My options are Bibby, Douglas and B Diddy. :)
mpac

Postby skotas28 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:50 am

GAME 7. In Chicago. An incredible game all the way.. +2, after 1st, +5 halftime. +3 after 3rd. 112-93 won the game..

If I would play all games so focused as this one, i would finish the season like 77-5 :D

So ECF here we come. Lost all games against Miami this season, so don't think I stand a chance here, but I thought the same before the series with celtics and bulls.
Anyhow I think 2 wins would be great..

Lets bring it on.
skotas28

Postby skotas28 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:01 pm

Game 1, Miami.

Started a little it shaky 4-12, but afterwards took control and won the 1Q 26-24, Bosh was unstoppable, Wade was missing everything.. 2Q still up 54-50, LeBron was hogging the ball, Wade 8pts 3-14 shooting.. After 3Q. 81-78 Lebron scored 19 of 28 team point. For me K. Love and P.George were having descent games.

4Q.. Hibbert missing a dunk!! Dampier and Pittman scoring fadeaways just from inside the arc.. D.Wade started to hit shots and I lost the game 105-110.. Before the game I would be happy with this result.. But 4Q was just routing in cpu favor.. But now I have more confidence for game 2..
skotas28

Postby For_3 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:42 am

Hey guys o/

I was reading some of the stories around here, and well, the desire to begin something of mine just grew up inside of me D:. Well, first of all, English is not my first language, so, there will be some mistakes in my texts, but, with some help of you all I think I’ll overcome them .-. .

Second thing, I’m thinking about starting a dynasty with the New Orleans Hornets, and I wanted to ask you guys what is better. Starting with the original 2k roster, and try to hold CP3, or start with one of the most actualized roster, like the last one from 2k? Thanks in advance :D Sorry if that’s the wrong thread to post about that D:
For_3

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:44 am

Welcome to the Forum!

I'd suggest going with the updated rosters, since it also includes rookies.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby For_3 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:51 am

Thanks man (Y)

Hornets, here I go :lol:
For_3

Postby mpac on Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:50 pm

i suggest start with the latest roster and try to rebuild around eric gordon :)

Also to help make the Clippers have their own big three and for making a more challenging association, I was able to pull off a trade for Melo with the following pieces:

Knicks gets DeAndre Jordan, Caron Butler, Leslie, Clips 2012 1st pick
Clippers gets Melo, Bill Walker and Harrelson

and then...

Knicks gets Kings 2012 1st pick
Kings gets Baron Davis, Clippers 2012 1st pick

I had my first game with the new lineup and won vs the Rockets 82-70. Amare having fun as a lone star once again with 24pts and 10rebs, Butler had 18pts, and Lin had 8 pts, 8 asst and 7TOs, just like in real life. :)
mpac

Postby karlsanada10 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:28 pm

Just finished my player's first season. All I played was the key games. became a starter before the all-star night. I ended the season w/ 16ppg, 3rpg, 2apg, 39% FG, 78% FT.

I think it's not bad. Career high was 45points. Suns sucks since they traded Nash to Dallas(how ironic).

Here's our lineup as far as I remember:

pg: Darren Collison/Beabouis(forgot his first name)
sg: Karl McDonald(me)/Jason Terry(best sg that can shoot imo)/Wesley Matthews(should have been SF)/another guy I forgot
sf: Correy Maggette
pf: JJ Hickson/Warrick/ Channing Frye
c: Amir Johnson/some guy I forgot

Ended up with like 36-46

I believe we are on 13th seed on the west?

Celts win the championship.
karlsanada10

Postby skotas28 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:50 pm

Eastern Conference Finals.
Game 2 - In Miami. Lost 96-131, not much to say. LBJ scored 42, Wade 36 on me, it was over after 1Q 22-39.
Game 3 - In Indiana. All game was slowly falling behing and after 3rd was down 69-86.. But then pulled out a miracle,won 4Q. 32-10, the game 101-96. Miami made 5-21 fg, me 12/24 in the forth. Hibbert had an amazing night with 37pts 9rbs 7ast and 2blk.

In the West, Clippers leading the series over Lakers 2-1.
skotas28

Postby skotas28 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:39 am

Game 4 - In Indiana. It was down to the wire and free throw shooting for the last minute.. 112-109 WIN!!! Series 2-2. And we moving back to Miami.

After 0-2 down and -17 after 3Q. in the Game 3, now to have 2-2 is great. Hopefully will take the momentum into the Game 5.

In the West Cippers ahead against Lakers 3-1.
skotas28

Postby mpac on Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:55 pm

Restarted my assoc to update my roster. Still used knicks and now at 2-1. Led by 25 PTA vs bucks but they came back and we lost by 1 due to kwame brown tip in!

Made few changes:

Signed okur powe and rautins from free agent pool. Traded bdavis walker and 2013 1st pick for bobcats 1st pick :)
mpac

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood