NBA 2K12 Quick Impressions & Questions

Talk about NBA 2K12 here.

Re: NBA 2K12 Quick Impressions & Questions

Postby Hedonist on Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:27 pm

debiler wrote:Man, I'm so bummed out! I had an awesome game last night with Dallas against OKC. Westbrook was ripping through the defense all game long until he fouled out mid 4th quarter. With him out, I came back from a 14 point-deficit and cut their lead to 3 with about 12 seconds to go, but no timeouts. So naturally, I foul Maynor who surprisingly misses both free throws. Marion grabs the board, passes it to Kidd who paces down the court. I make a quick hesitation move and penetrate to the rim when I notice Dirk making a beautiful cut through the zone, using an off-ball screen by Marion and heading for the arc. Imagine the gleeful smile on my face. The clock is down to 2 seconds when i pass the ball to Dirk. AND WHAT DOES THE STUPID FUCKER DO??? While the pass is in the air, he stops running towards the three-point-line just a foot short. When he catches the ball, I desperately try to reach three point land, but it's about 0.5 seconds too late when he shoots ( and -to add to my frustration- makes ) the 3. Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK!? I thought that momentum was so important in 2K12. Then why in Jesus H. Christ's name does the guy awkwardly stop running when he doesn't even need to? My timing on the pass was spot on. If everything would have gone like it should have (I've been doing those in-and-outs a lot lately, works like a charm), I'd have been fine with just missing the shot and therefore losing the game. But this is bullshit. I swear, this game will never stop fucking with me.

Rant over. I still love 2K12 with growing passion, but it's moments like this that make me wonder why I don't just play the Sims 3 instead.

Haha, that sucks. One day 2k will fix this :mrgreen:

I wonder though. Doesn't the Sims 3 have similar flaws? ;)
Red rim is not sim!
Hedonist

Postby debiler on Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:36 pm

Hedonist wrote:Doesn't the Sims 3 have similar flaws? ;)

I've yet to see a broken three-point-play on that game. AND it has a better CAP mode. :mrgreen:
Confucius say: "Man go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger."
debiler

Postby Yo1 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:35 am

Last night i played Battle for LA: Lakers vs Clippers. Whole game was like this... Chris Paul drive unstoppable trough defense and then, when my second player pick him up, he throw a perfect pass trough all my defenders for his totally free teammate for 100% 3pt. Later in the game in 3rd quarter i finally came close to them with Kobe's All Star performance. So i was tied the game in next 3-4 possessions and solid D by my bigs. Then in final quarter, suddenly i start to get picked up/get my all passes anticipated/stepping on the corner line while catching a easy pass etc. and Clippers was just 100% 3pt shot & in 2 computer minutes i lose by 16 pts... omfg
In HoF game-play was even worst: Computer will 100% score on every bloody possession you make mistake... so i usually get blowed by 30 whenever i play against. No matter what team, what tactic, what play book they have... every team play inside-out game and you can't do anything by that. You can shoot from outside (and pray that you will hit that) usually with your star player, so when he's on the bench GOOD LUCK to all of you. Computer don't let you pass the ball to center. Even if i get pass to them, they "crafty" guards quick steal it or if you wanna finish quick after get the basket you just get blocked by ANY PLAYER that stands in-front, even if he like 5ft away. He just get to jump quick/high enough to block your freeway to the basket. :evil:

and i know that game developers made it so you MUST call play every possession, but you can't play PERFECT all the time. Sometimes i play half-court basketball 80% of game... and then i get opportunity to make some spectacular play like dunk or throw a alley-oop or pass it to free center down low. NO! Computer just "knows" what you gonna do and play perfect defense and make a 3 pt on other end before you can even understand how the hell J.J. Barea blocks Andrew Bynam on hook attempt?! WTF???
Pure SICKNESS!!!!
Yo1

Postby Mihael on Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:37 pm

Is there any way to save created player so i can use him even when i use restart roster?
I am planing to create a player for association mode, but i dont want to make him again when i update the roster.
Mihael

Postby JaoSming on Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:24 am

upload the player to 2Kshare, then download him after you reset the roster
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Mihael on Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:38 am

JaoSming wrote:upload the player to 2Kshare, then download him after you reset the roster

Thanks yao, helpful as always. (Y)
Mihael

Postby checka on Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:55 am

Hey guys I haven't been able to find any useful thread or post regarding this so I guess I'll just ask here since it has "Questions" in the title. Is there any way to reset the password for my 2k account?
I go to reset password in-game,and i receive a generated email saying
Hi checka,

This e-mail is in response to your request to reset the password for your My2K Account. To reset your password and receive a new one, click the following link.
https://www.nba2k.com/user/reset_password

If you did not request to have your password reset, please disregard this email. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, click here: http://www.nba2k.com/not_me

Thank you,

The 2K Sports Team

so i go to https://www.nba2k.com/user/reset_password but it immediately redirects me to https://www.nba2k.com/
and from there I can't access any section of the site without logging in.
When I go to Sign in this is what I get
No forgot your password , and no reset password option whatsoever.Heck I even opened up a ticket at 2k support but haven't got a response for a number of days now.
So I was wondering if I'm doing something wrong,or will it be possible if I backup the files from the game and app data folders and then restore them on another pc will I be logged in?
Thx
checka

Postby JaoSming on Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:33 am

sounds like you did everything right, that was the process I knew of....I'm just not surprised that the site isn't working
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby mantis3 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:57 am

I just wish you could enter the game at any point when doing HoopCast. I absolutely despise running 5 minute quarters, but who has the time to play out 10-12 minute quarters in games? MLB 2K games have this, so why can't NBA 2K? :(
mantis3

Postby volsey on Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:52 am

I agree, I forgot how handy it is to sim the first half, and finish the game with 12 min quarters. At least you can save mid-game, but it just seems careless that they didn't incorporate the other half of that.
volsey

Postby mantis3 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:27 am

volsey wrote:I agree, I forgot how handy it is to sim the first half, and finish the game with 12 min quarters. At least you can save mid-game, but it just seems careless that they didn't incorporate the other half of that.

I'm not sure what's more frustrating, this or the fact that MLB 2k's gamecast doesn't let you handle subs. Why can't they combine the two?!
mantis3

Postby Skysect on Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:34 pm

This year NBA 2K12 seems and feel better but glitches even more than before :/
Skysect

Postby The X on Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:07 pm

Lictor wrote:This year NBA 2K12 seems and feel better but glitches even more than before :/

There in lies the problem. Game is a step forward in a lot of ways, but seems to have more issues than 2K11. One step forward two steps back or two steps forward one step back, depending on how much the glitches & bugs mean to the gamer.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Skysect on Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:55 pm

I can tolerate other bugs but graphical bugs killing me . What about graphical bugs ? They are less or more than before ? I have EU version of the game .
Skysect

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:09 pm

I think you'll find most other people are more bothered by gameplay and game mode bugs.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby The X on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:20 pm

Yep, I was talking gameplay and game mode bugs. I couldn't care less about graphical glitches, I'm use to those & come to accept them/not notice them.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby 14dimes on Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:39 am

I think the biggest problem of this game (or every sports game) is the AI logic. Developers can't never really achieve great and realistic gameplay in a video game. Everything that improved was graphics and the details.

I don't see it coming for many years to come. It's intricate and no computer genius will be able to put an AI with a mind of its own that makes sense when on the court. We'll still witness players standing nonchalantly in front of someone taking a lay-up. Players running instead of sprinting in a fast break. And when the cpu wants to score it will score regardless.

But to be specific on NBA 2K12, momentum plays too much importance in this game and it kinda makes it predictable whenever the cpu tries to start a comeback in the 3rd and 4th. And I see that 2k has never really tops anything in both regards, be it gameplay or graphics but they offer many features that any sports fan would enjoy, except being frustrated once in awhile. I don't think I've read so many rants and criticism from any basketball game before, ironically MANY people are still playing it (including me) regardless of these nuisances.
14dimes

Postby deihatein on Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:09 pm

14dimes wrote:I don't think I've read so many rants and criticism from any basketball game before, ironically MANY people are still playing it (including me) regardless of these nuisances.

That's because we don't really have any alternatives when it comes to another basketball game. Save for maybe 2k10 and 2k11. I wish 2k would make their AI to be able to mod by the modding community. That's what I enjoyed the heck out of Live 07 and 08 despite the flaws it have.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby JaoSming on Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:22 pm

14dimes wrote:I don't think I've read so many rants and criticism from any basketball game before, ironically MANY people are still playing it (including me) regardless of these nuisances.

The Live 07 blow up was much worse, just look at the various threads on the pages before and after this one viewforum.php?f=63&start=5400
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:53 am

I think at the end of the day, most people do enjoy playing the game and consider it to be a very good product on the whole. However, there are some nagging issues with it, some of which provoke particularly vocal reactions from the fanbase.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby AggroKnoll on Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:19 am

I have a question concerning My Player Mode: Why is it impossible to select the "Run best play"-option in the playcalling-menu? After selecting this option there is no affect on the game and no play is called. Could u guys help me please?
AggroKnoll

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:22 pm

Are you a point guard? If not, the Playcalling options are limited by design in My Player.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby AggroKnoll on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:08 pm

Yes, I'm a Point Guard and I'm allowed to run any play from the menu during the game. But the "Run Best Play"-Option simply doesn't work. Nothing happens after I've selected it. It works for me in Association Mode but not in My Player. This is sad because it would be important to run those plays during late game situtaions.. :(
AggroKnoll

Postby el1o on Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:38 am

So I am playing the Association Online with my buddies. We almost finished all games but it is only December in-game time. When we finish all of the games, do we have to wait till it advances to April? That means we have to wait about 2weeks of doing nothing(while it's advancing) just to start Playoffs?.....
el1o

Postby PassFir5t on Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:45 pm

Is there any way at all besides an online association to play a game with or against your friends? I tried going to nba2k.com and adding my friends account but it didn't seem to do anything. Am I missing something? That seems like a pretty big feature to leave out.
PassFir5t

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K12