Assassin's Creed III

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Assassin's Creed III

Postby JaoSming on Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:42 pm

Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Re: Assassin's Creed III

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:27 pm

So it's based on that jew hater Mel Gibson?
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Lean on Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:33 pm

Okay, I'm half-hearted on this one. I've been waiting for a full game with no more Animus, and Desmond being the main guy because the entire series is his story. Or this could be Desmond after all. If not, then...

Keeping the spoiler tags on for those who still ain't done with Revelations.

I see no point in Desmond still reliving the memories of his ancestors. With Altair, he simulated it to find the maps for the Pieces of Eden. With Ezio, he simulated it to use the Bleeding Effect and be trained using his Assassin skills. In Brotherhood, Desmond continued to relive Ezio's life to find the location of one of the temples. In the Brotherhood DLC, he already found out where the Grand Temple is, then went to a coma after he stabbed the hell out of Lucy -- which still has no clear reason why was that done in the first place. In Revelations, he fought out of coma through Ezio and Altair and at the end, Desmond said "he knows what to do" and they were shown to be just outside of the location of the Grand Temple.

Given that Desmond is trained with Ezio and Altair, and he knows what to do, there's no sense for him to go back to the Animus and live another ancestral life. Also, this may lead to Assassin's Creed 3.25, 3.5, and 3.75.

Just rants from a guy who likes the franchise's story. :(
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby benji on Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:52 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if the game takes place in both Revolutionary and Modern New York.

Will be on the cover of the next GI:
benji

Postby Lean on Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:56 am

I don't know if this is the image Ben posted but:

I'm still half-hearted. Desmond's story needs some serious closure. It is still a piece of nice art though.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby benji on Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:37 pm

Nah, GI took it down, you can find the cover art here:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... d-iii.aspx
Desmond's story needs some serious closure.

This one will do that, they've said for a while this is the last game to feature Desmond.
benji

Postby deihatein on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:17 pm

So the one on the cover art is Ezio?
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby el badman on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:34 am

No, it looks like it will be a different ancestor, but still based on Desmond's story. From IGN:

First, we know that the character pictured is a new protagonist for the Assassin's Creed series. Ubisoft previously confirmed that Ezio and Altair's history was concluded in Assassin's Creed Revelations but that this year's game would conclude Desmond's story. That means that the character seen here is still an ancestor of Desmond's and will be the character we play as via the Animus. Today, Game Informer has also revealed its new cover, which includes an even better look at the character.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1219834p1.html
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby benji on Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:41 am

- The new Assassin is the son of a Native American woman and a British soldier. His calls himself Connor, but his birth name is Ratohnhaké:ton. Born into the Mohawk, he eventually crosses paths with the Assassins in his search for righteousness.

- Connor is quiet and stoic, letting actions speak for words rather than conversing with others. In contrast to Ezio, Connor is a freedom fighter who acts in the name of justice rather than on personal revenge.

- Settings will include Boston, New York and a large countryside. The countryside will be the setting of about 1/3 of the game, and will be the location of many events during the game. The countryside will be about 1.5 times as big as Rome in Brotherhood.

- The protagonist will fight on the American side, with primary allies George Washington, Benjamin Franklin and Charles Lee. However, this does not mean that the Americans are the good guys and the British are the bad guys. Templars are everywhere…

- There will be seasons in the game, meaning that the sun will shine during summer and the landscape will be covered in snow during winter.

- Fighting and stealth will be completely re-innovated, with Connor being compared to a “predator”. The player will be able to climb trees and other natural elements, and dual-wielding weapons such as a dagger and a mohawk is now also an option.

- Animals will be present in the woods, like deer and bears. The player will be able to kill them and pelt their skins, to sell them later with the reformed economic system of the game.

- There will be puzzles similar to The Truth, only they will not be given by Subject 16.

- Desmond will go into the new Animus 3.0 and will find himself going into “significant events”.

- 100% sync in memories returns, though this time you will be rewarded when you complete memories to 100%. Checkpoints will also be introduced to mission replay, meaning you don’t have to replay an entire mission to get that 100% sync.

- The Brotherhood, or Assassins Guild, will return in some form, albeit differently than we have seen before.

There will be no more Mercenaries, Thieves, Courtesans, Romani or other factions, but there will be a replacement for them.

- Den Defense will not return.
benji

Postby Lean on Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:45 am

Based on the screenshots, this one may seem to have a new engine of sorts.

benji wrote:
- Den Defense will not return.

Oh thank goodness. Not that I fail in that department, that minigame just flat out suck.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby deihatein on Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:14 pm

I wish the Assassin outfit is different this time around or maybe I'm getting tired of that hood thing.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Lamrock on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:31 am

I disagree.

Lamrock

Postby Lean on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:24 am

shadow will now pre-order this game because of that.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:24 am

A game character that's based on Mel Gibson with Kobe's fashion sense, A MUST BUY!
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby deihatein on Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:29 am

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Lean on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:22 am

Here it is if you can't see it from dei's link.

phpBB [video]

Seems like you can now climb trees. Also, there seem to be no hidden blade kill on the trailer. And, Connor's axe resembles the Assassin Insignia.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:02 am

http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/assassins-c ... 571p1.html

And with that, I shall leave you with my closing conversation with Ubisoft PR regarding the release date, which has been officially announced as October 30th, 2012 for PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.

GameSpy: So when's the PC release date?

Ubisoft PR: October 30th.

GameSpy: Yeah, but when's the real PC release date?

Ubisoft PR: It's October 30th.

GameSpy: Uh huh. And can you say that with a straight face?

Ubisoft PR: You can ask me as many times as you like, but the answer will be the same.

GameSpy: Very well, let's move on. So, when will you announce the delay of the PC version?

Ubisoft PR: ...
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Lean on Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:42 am

Gameplay trailer:

phpBB [video]

EDIT

E3 Trailer:

phpBB [video]

:bowdown:
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:08 pm

nice to see they went away from the same formula as the 1st 4 games which i felt got repetitive real quick. i like the human shield, that was pretty cool.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby benji on Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:23 pm

This is not fake.

This is the actual ad for the game.

phpBB [video]
benji

Postby benji on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:25 am

benji

Postby Lean on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:51 am

phpBB [video]
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:12 am

OMG I literally can't wait. Believe me when I say I haven't installed Skyrim (got it a couple of weeks ago) waiting for this.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Lean on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:17 pm

Arrived on local shelves earlier today, installing this shit:

Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:47 am

Man, this game looks great.

Haven't tried multiplayer yet. And there are slight changes on combat and free-running controls. Animations chain better this time around. Lighting and textures look like The Witcher 2's, only less desaturated.

And Desmond looks like a monkey.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Next

Return to Off-Topic